- Portugal may still go under the wine industry radar, but it’s becoming the holy grail for sensational reds without the hefty price tag.
- This little beauty from the cellars of one of our favourite winemakers Luis is a blend of several local varieties, which is what gives it surprising complexity for such a low price.
- It's the perfect tummy-warming red to ease you into the chilly winter nights. Light the fire, pop your comfies on and pour yourself a large glass of this.
Luis discovered a forgotten parcel of this wine at the back of his cellar. When he tasted it and realised how good it was, there was only going to be one home for it - yours!
If you've tasted Luis’ normal Montaria you'll already know you're in for a treat, but a just few pounds more really delivers a helluva lot more bang for your buck.
With mindblowingly juicy black cherry and damson fruit, it assaults your mouth like a delicious battering ram. It's no wonder 93% of those who've tried it have been hooked.
- Mário Negreiros has been working his little cotton socks off on his latest project - made possible thanks to your Angel funding.
- From the first sip of this huge, full-bodied red, think of the freshest, most succulent black cherry you’ve ever scoffed, with just a rumour of pepper and dark chocolate on the finish. Then double it.
- As the ultimate thank you, Mário even named this vintage ‘Nu’, which means ‘Naked’ in Portuguese. It’s a wine he’s made specially for you, with love. Ahhh.
- To get the best out of this wine, Mario recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking... why not add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order?
- After a long hard day working in his hot and sunny Douro vineyard, Oscar loves nothing more than hanging out with his mates and sharing a glass (bottle) or two of his white wine.
- He's decided to make a few extra bottles... so his Angels can share with their friends too!
- Oscar's Douro white is packed with rich and intense lemon and vibrant ripe pear flavours, with a crisp and clean finish. Sunshine in a bottle.
- Hermano has always been a huge fan of the pale and elegant roses of southern France... so he decided to create his very own version, with an added sprinkle of Portuguese sunshine.
- Gorgeously crisp and vibrant with tempting hints of red berries... this is all you're going to want to drink between now and September.
- Grab yourself a bottle or two and roast up some spicy chicken breasts - you won't be disappointed!
- The grapes for my Agil are a combination of Aragonez and Trincadeira (which are local to the area of Estremoz where I live), and the well known Syrah variety. The vineyards that are used for this wine all sit around 400 metres above sea level, which help give a delicious freshness to this unique blend.
- I set up my winery only 12 years ago, and I've spent that time making my wines better and better. Angel funding has given me the chance to start planting new vineyards so that I will be able to bring my taste of Portugal to even more Angels.
- When you pour this wine the first thing you should notice is the deep ruby red colour, then once you take your first sip you will experience the intense flavours of well ripened red and blue berries with a slightly spicy finish - a great example of a medium bodied red from my area that I hope you will enjoy again and again!
Luis Louro, Winemaker
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This super-special late bottled vintage Port has been lovingly aged for 5 years under Oscar's care - at this price it's a steal.
- It is a vintage Port in style, but not in price.Try it and you'll be hooked!
- Oscar's deliciouly deep ruby LBV just scooped a Silver medal in the IWC awards and a whopping 93 points on Parker's Wine Advocate - being crowned the best value in the fortified category!