New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- We asked Bill and Claudia Small one simple thing. Make us the best Sauvignon Blanc in Marlborough. This is the twelfth vintage they have crafted exclusively for Angels and it's still an absolute cracker.
- Using your Angel funding, the Smalls have built close relationships with grape growers ‘in the bits of Marlborough they love’ to make this lovingly crafted SB from some of the best fruit going.
- It's classic New World SB. Delicious, ripe, grassy fruit, all gooseberry and kiwi, with an edge of lime, and is packed with enough zing to keep your mouth tingling for hours on end.
This Naked classic is such an all-time favourite that since 2011, not a single vintage has rated below 93%. Every year, Angels come in their droves to snap up their batch of the Villebois’ flagship Sauvignon Blanc, so fill your boots before it all disappears in a puff of smoke.
It's a top-class French Sauvignon from the Loire Valley. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to you and thousands of other Angels who took a chance on Joost when things got tough early in his winemaking career. This is his way of re-paying the favour.
The beauty of this wine lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality, making it the perfect pairing for a super-sized seafood platter.
- You may not have heard of the Pecorino grape before - that's because the Italians tend to hog it all to themselves!
- Luckily our Christian's a very well-connected chap. He pulled a few strings to secure a cracking deal on a parcel of pristine Pecorino grapes. And you voted in your hundreds to give him the Angel funding to make a jaw-dropper of a white.
- Imagine the pure gluggableness of a Pinot Grigio, with the fruity zing of a Sauvignon Blanc – it manages to pull off the amazing trick of being flavoursome, yet super-crisp at the same time.
- Fresh and fruity with a delicate zing and swirl of creaminess, Ben's Viognier has everything you'd want from a white wine.
- Naked legend, Ben, sources the grapes from a large cooperative high in the Languedoc hills, so it's very sensibly priced indeed.
- Served perfectly chilled, Ben's zingy, peaches and cream dream will keep you refreshed all year round.
- Joost and Miguela have been delighting Angel tastebuds with premium Loire Sauvignon at New World prices for years... And their latest offering is next-level elegant.
- This low-yield wine is everything that makes French Sauvignon special: all white peach, green apples and gooseberries, with a finishing flourish that leaves you reaching for another glass.
- Fancy wine merchants could easily charge £15 per bottle for the same juice, just by adding a designer appellation to the label. But you’re smarter than that.
- Anyone who's tasted Connie's reds would be wrong if they thought she was simply a one trick pony.
- She is just as good with her whites, as this vibrant Sauvignon Blanc so readily shows.
- This is an expressive wine that's bursting with character and stands out amongst other, more mainstream Sauvignon Blancs. It's herbaceous, refreshing and brimming with minerailty and citrus flavours.
- Virgile's wines are in high demand and it's easy to see why with wines such as this cracking little Sauvignon that makes New Zealand versions look brash and brutish.
- Its subtle soft fruit flavours, all fresh apple and baked gooseberry with a slightly herbal edge slip down far too easily, making possession of a whole case a dangerous prospect.
- Try it with a big bowl of fat, juicy mussels - it really doesn't get much better.
- Gerd’s new little number is 50% Riesling, 35% Pinot Gris and 15% Gewürztraminer. Because classic German wines are mostly single-grape varieties, you rarely get a blend this sophisticated.
- The Riesling gives it bags of backbone and complexity, and a delicious peach flavour. While the Gewürtz adds power and fragrance. The result is an aromatic blend of summer fruits and rose petals, with tropical citrus flavours and a long finish. A proper drop of class in a glass.
- After 25 years in the wine industry, he’s travelled widely and made award-winning drops in dozens of different countries. He’s also a respected wine consultant who flies all over the world advising other wine producers so you can be sure he really knows his stuff.
- Jorge has captured sunshine in a bottle with this unique blend of Gewürtz, Muscat and Sauv Blanc. The grapes bathed in the Valencian sun before being picked while bright and young to ensure its delightful fresh flavours.
- Maestro Jorge was instrumental in bringing together three varieties not often blended. Gewürtz plays its part with trademark aromatics of passionfruit and lychee. Muscat delivers a subtle sweetness with rose and orange blossom elements, while Sauv Blanc balances out the flavours with a fresh, zippy vibrancy.
- Angel backing allows Jorge to experiment with unique, out-of-this-world flavours... and your reward is this ticket down the road less travelled.
- I was inspired to make this wine to give Angels a different wine experience. I wanted to break the mould with a high quality wine that combines different Spanish white grapes in a unique and delicious blend.
- The nose has a lovely complex combination of refreshing citrus and grapefruit from the Sauvignon Blanc and Verdejo, combined with ripe peach and melon from the Viura, and orange blossom from a touch of Moscatel.
- It’s soft, smooth and easy-drinking with a refreshing finish. It’s a really vibrant, delicious, complex wine but still very approachable. A real crowd pleaser.
David Tofterup, Winemaker