Our first-ever Norwich ginmakers debut gin is a coastal-inspired number with lots of lovely flavours and aromas you’d traditionally find on the Norfolk coast. It’s the same recipe that won Silver at the IWSC awards as well as Best English Contemporary Gin at the World Gin Awards in 2021.
“We use lots of rock samphire, we use dulse seaweed - a really nice, kind of red, slightly smoky seaweed - and then lavender, bay leafs, lots of citrus - grapefruit which is fresh and kind of a dried lemon which creates a bit more of a jammy kind of citrus - and then some pepper and a little bit of spice as well. So it’s kind of savoury, herbal, floral, and spicy. And a little bit of salt after the distillation which brings out all those other botanicals more.”
And it’s not just delicious, it’s also our first-ever paper bottle! Made out of 94% recycled paper and an inner recyclable plastic pouch, its carbon footprint is about 6 times smaller than a traditional glass bottle while still being 100% recyclable. It’s light as a feather too and looks the part.
Whisky-loving Angels have been begging us to do a Single Malt for ages, so we paid a visit to our whisky wizz Rupert to see if he had anything special hiding up his sleeve. And lo and behold… he pulled out this beautifully-aged, smooth Speyside Scotch, poured us a wee dram, and put a great, big smile on our face.
A single malt whisky is a little like a single vineyard wine, it’s got extra complexity and unique flavours and aromas that come from being made by a particular distillery. This 10-year-aged Single Malt Whisky from the historic Linkwood distillery was made from just three casks, each of which were re-charred hogsheads - a rarely-seen type of cask which imparts additional flavours of nuts, cream and spice.
For many whisky fanatics, Speyside is seen as THE authentic Scotch. This is a classic example, with less of the smoky, fiery flavours of some whiskys and more delightful fruit characteristics. You get fresh aromas of green apple and orange peel, and subtle hints of spice, while the flavours are full and round, with notes of juicy orange, salted almonds, and nutmeg. It’s an outstanding taste experience, but with a limited supply of only 1,100 bottles to go around hundreds of thousands of Angels, you may need to act quick to secure your share.
Husband and wife team David and Fiona Armstrong, forage wild clover and juniper from their sprawling 500-acre historical estate in Co. Down, Northern Ireland, and draw fresh water from their historical well to make their handcrafted Irish craft gin.
The gin mellows in copper pots, infusing the oils from the botanicals. This gives the gin a round, smooth texture, whilst apples picked from David and Fiona’s walled garden, contribute fresh and lively sweet notes.
You’ll be struck by beautiful aromas of orange peel, lavender, star anise, cardamom and chamomile in perfect harmony with the fresh citrusy flavours. Their Garden Gin has been blended exclusively for Angels with your comments and reviews at its heart!
- It was very exciting for us to develop a Mediteranean gin just for Angels!
- We have a small, artisan distillery and couldn’t have realized this project without the collaboration of Naked Wines and their Angels.
- Our Rambla 41 gin has a fruity feel, with a fine creamy texture thanks to the herbs and almonds. Rambla 41 is non-chill filtered, so you might notice a slight cloudiness to the gin, which is completely harmless to drink, and only adds to the flavour!
Stefan Lismond, Ginmaker
- My gins are like my babies, and thanks to your support this is my third (and probably my favourite) gin. I’m like a proud father! This year I went a bit more classical. Citrus fruits and gin have always been a classic combination. I wanted to bring a taste of the Mediterranean and all of the wonderful citrus fruit we have.
- Orange, mandarin and lemon, but the main ingredient is grapefruit - in my opinion one of the most beautiful citrics.
- This gin is only possible because you believe in me. I hope you are rewarded with the taste of sunshine, the Mediteranean sea, fun times in Barcelona. You can taste it all in there. So sip it and see - it’s an experience, much more than a gin and tonic, it’s a party in a glass!
Stefan Lismond, Ginmaker
At Christmas 2013 we organized a cocktail party in Barcelona to showcase the first gin I ever made...
- This new adventure took a fabulous turn when Naked came into the picture in 2015. In honour of our relationship we botted an exclusive, limited edition, of my first gin creation; BCN GIN!
- It’s an elixir of Priorat grapes combined with the purity of fresh cut Mediterranean botanicals. Made exclusively for Angels. Salut!
Stefan Lismond, Ginmaker
- Thanks to the success of our first Angel-funded gin, we decided to make a limited edition version using the same base gin to share with you this year.
- Rambla 41 Lot d'Hivern is a smooth and fruity gin, with a balance of aromas including juniper and figs amongst the flavours you should experience.
- It has been non-chill filtered, so you might notice a slight cloudiness to the gin, which is completely harmless to drink, and only adds to the flavour!
Stefan Lismond, Ginmaker
We don't know if you'll like this wine
Let us know about wines you've already tasted, and get personal recommendations based on your feedback.
- Our village is famous for its vermouth. It’s a gorgeous drink that we whip out at any excuse and I wanted you Angels to taste it too - your investment has made this whole thing entirely possible.
- Thanks to the local botanicals you get orange peel and elderflower on the nose. It's slightly sweet to start, with a deliciously complex palate of herbs and a bitter ending - a truly authentic experience that's ideal as an aperitif.
- My vermouth is non-chill filtered, so you might notice a slight cloudiness, or even tiny botanicals floating about. These are completely harmless to drink, and only add to the flavour!
- We love creating fine spirits that stand out. Thanks to Angel funding we've been able to create our first ever exclusive gin just for you - we hope you can taste the passion we put in!
- Our artisan gin is made from the highest quality wine spirits, purest water from the Franschhoek mountains and 23 native South African botanicals.
- We like to drink it over ice, with (good quality) tonic, a chunk of pineapple and a few curry leaves. Or if that’s too Wilderer for you, lots of citrus and a few sprigs of mint.
Christian & Andre - Ginmakers
- Husband and wife team David and Fiona Armstrong forage wild clover and juniper from their sprawling 500-acre historical estate in Co. Down, Northern Ireland, before drawing fresh water from their historical well to make their handcrafted Irish craft gin.
- Like the name suggests, their Angels' Edition Gin has been blended especially with Angels in mind. To add a lovely balance and make the local botanicals sing, David blended Australian lemon myrtle for creaminess and Grains of Paradise for a sweet and spicy kick.
- The gin mellows in copper pots for one-and-a-half days, infusing the oils from the botanicals and giving the gin a round, smooth texture. Elderflowers & elderberries combine to create both uplifting floral notes and smooth sweet flavours, while apples that David and Fiona pick from their estate's walled garden, contribute fresh aromas and lively sweet notes.