- If you like your wine packed with flavour, then the grapes you need to look for are of the slightly shriveled, sorrier-looking variety. They might not look postcard perfect, but we can tell you here and now that those are the ones you really want in your glass.
- The not-so-secret ingredient? The sun. Leave grapes to bask in it and you’ll turbocharge the taste. So when Stefano di Blasi, discovered some forgotten-about Chardonnay and Viognier grapes, shriveled by the scorching Sicilian sun, we got very excited indeed.
- It’s one of a kind. Elegant and refreshing, with mouthwateringly ripe, juicy flavours of melon and zingy Sicilian lemon -fabulously intense, it's the kind of wine that disappears quickly but you won't forget it in a hurry.
- Marcelo's organic grapes are grown in the oldest fine wine region in Mendoza, and his top-shelf single vineyard Reserve Malbec is crafted with as little oak or human jiggery-pokery as possible.
- The grapes have been ripened under the Argentinian sun, to develop all those intense, concentrated flavours, before some time in oak to give it a refined finish. Bright ruby red and full of elegant and rich red fruit including cherries and plums, it feels like velvet and tastes like heaven.
- Crack this open a few hours before drinking to release all of those yummy flavours. And while it's perfectly paired with a juicy steak, it's also seriously smooth and moreishly mellow, making it perfectly gluggable on its own.
- Benjamin has really pulled it out of the bag with this new vintage of his rose, making it easy to see why he is one of the best selling winemakers on Naked.
- Think freshly crushed strawberries with a couple of raspberries thrown in to boot, combined with freshly whipped cream and a nice sharp bite. Top-drawer rosé and fresh as a morning daisy.
- Ben gets his grapes for this wine from a cooperative high in the Languedoc hills - so you're getting boutique quality rosé for a supermarket snip!
Love Stefano's super crisp and refreshing Pique Nique Rose? It's is now available as a deluxe 2.25L Boxed Wine - add one to your basket here
- Rod's Reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal, without having to make any comprises on style and without having to cut any corners during this wines carefully tuned journey from barrel to bottle. No 'Vavavoom' was harmed in the making of this wine... thank you!
- Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay can stake an equally vibrant and intense claim to New Zealand's winemaking prowess.
- Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that will have you running to stock up the wine rack (the fridge, your friends wine rack... the list goes on) to the brim with this little number!
- Having worked in the Rhône Valley for years Ben knows some really top-notch grape growers. He'd always dreamt of making a world-class Côtes du Rhône, but never had the money.
- That was until thousands of you crowned him your 2011 Winemaker of the Year. He used the prize money (and his expertise) to source the grapes to bring you this deep, ripe red and it's been back every year since!
- Perfumed, silky smooth and dangerously easy to drink - this crowd pleasing wonder is perfect for drinking right now.
- Stefano wanted to showcase two of the oldest grape varieties of Sicily and found a corner of the island where the vines could thrive, with rich soils and an abundance of glorious sunshine.
- Thanks to Angel funding he has been able to experiment with a new blend that is truly one of a kind. Catarratto and Zibibbo met for the first time and, under Stefano’s careful watch, have proven they form an extraordinary pair.
- This rich white oozes tropical fruit flavours and sensational aromatics. If exotic wines are your thing then meet your new best friend. We guess all that’s left to say now is ‘cin cin’ (that’s cheers in Italian!).
- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plush and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels, blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.
- More than just a label. When Joost says ‘prestige’ he means ‘prestige’. And boy oh boy does this delicious Loire Sauvignon deserve its name...
- Classic, refined and dry. This luxurious drop has all the sophistication and character of a Sancerre. Except it’s not. Because that would be illegal.
- Grab yourself a hunk of creamy goats cheese, some posh crackers, and go wild.
- I have a great passion for the indigenus white varieties growing in Italy. The coast of Tuscany is famous in Italy for being the best places to grow Vermentino, and I wanted to show off this wonderful grape to the Angels in the UK.
- Naked Wines have given me the opportunity to find the best block grapes in a vineyard in the incredible landscape of Tuscany, right next to the sea.
- The wine is very crisp and mineral, with floral and almost salty notes due to the Vineyard's prime location. It's a complex wine with an unusual longevity for a white varietal.
- Cava gets a bad rep. But this stuff’ll change your opinion for good.
- We couldn't be prouder of the grapey, apple laden fist of fizziness that Franck's delicious Cava punches out with every mouthful.
- Best of all Angels get it a ridiculously low price, allowing you to splash out on a little hot-smoked salmon alongside it.