The small print
- By placing an order with Naked Wines you are confirming that you are 18 or older. It is illegal for us to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
- When you give Naked Wines your credit or debit card details you are confirming that you are either the card holder, or that you have permission from the card holder to use the card for the purpose of ordering wine. N.B. If you're claiming a free case of wine, gifted by one of our partners for example, you will still need to provide us with card details - even if we're not charging you anything.
- No payment will be taken from your card until the goods you have ordered are dispatched from our warehouse, or your monthly Angels payment / MarketPlace payment (if appropriate) is due. Please note, when you place an order, we will securely store your card details so it's easier for you to place any future orders, but we will never take payment from your card unless you authorise us to do so.
- We reserve the right to cancel any orders we cannot fulfill for any reason. If your order is cancelled we will contact you to explain why and refund any money you have paid us for that order.
- Our standard delivery service is next day (Monday to Saturday) to most UK addresses, when you order before 5pm. The delivery charge is £4.99 OR it's free if you spend £100 or more. We also offer guaranteed delivery before noon on Saturday for £6.99. N.B. Some sale cases may be exempt from free delivery (which we'll make clear on the website) - and if you're using a voucher or a gift card to buy your wine, or claiming a free bottle, you have to spend £100 of your own money to qualify for free delivery. If we are swamped with orders, we will bring the 5pm cut-off forward so that we can keep our promise to the customers who have already ordered.
- We are unable to guarantee delivery dates to some areas of the UK (see the full list of out-of-area postcodes listed here.
- We aim to meet all delivery dates on a best endeavours basis. On the off chance your order goes missing, or we are advised by our courier that it couldn’t be delivered, we will send you a replacement order as soon as we can. If we are unable to dispatch replacement goods within 7 days we will offer you a full refund. For these purposes, delivery takes place when products are left at your delivery address or with someone else in accordance with your instructions.
- For your own safety we reserve the right to contact your card issuer for the purposes of carrying out security checks.
- Any promotions, discounts or vouchers are single use only and not to be used in conjunction with any other promotion, discount or voucher unless otherwise stated.
- There are certain products, such as pre-order deposits and tasting tickets, where you can only use cash to buy them. By cash we mean money you've deposited into your Naked Wines account, Fine Wine Bond interest or payment by credit / debit card. If you have any additional credits in your account, these won't come off the value of your order if ordering these products.
- Products offered by us are displayed on our website(s) in 'real time'. This is to say that any product may be withdrawn from offer without notice.
- If for some reason we're unable to fulfil your exact order, we'll substitute bottles with similar wines, or other bottles we think you'll love. Any substitutions we make will be of at least the same value as the wines you ordered, and of course they'll be covered by our 100% no quibble refund guarantee as set out below.
- We guarantee you’ll enjoy the wines you buy from us - so if you tell us that a wine was faulty, or just not to your taste, we’ll pop a credit refund back on your account for you to put towards another order. Please note that if you need to return your wines to us, we can arrange collection (just drop us a line first). You can ask us for a refund at any time after delivery.
- So the recipient knows who the gift is from, you agree to your name and postcode being shown under your personal message for gifts you send from Naked Wines. The message and your details can't be seen in transit, and are only revealed when the recipient peels back the gift message label to read your personal message underneath.
- These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales. In the event of any claim or dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms, and any orders placed thereunder, the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction over them.
Specific competition terms
Section A: General competition terms
- By entering a Competition, all participants will be deemed to have accepted the Competition-specific terms and conditions
- No entries received after the closing time will be eligible to win a prize.
- In order to enter a Competition that is only run online you must have an Internet connection and in order to enter a Competition that is only run through a social media platform, you must have an account with that social media platform.
- Should the prize for a Competition be unavailable, a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted. There is no cash alternative available. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be resold. Naked Wines reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Naked Wines, the prize will only be awarded to the winner.
- Each winner agrees to participate in reasonable publicity as may be required by Naked Wines in respect of the Competition. Naked Wines reserves the right to publish each winner's name, photograph and county on its website, Facebook page, Instagram and/or Twitter account or to publicise the prize-giving presentation within a year of the closing date.
- Each winner's first name and county are available on request by emailing email@example.com.
- No entries from agents, third parties, syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, script or the use of automated devices are permitted and no bulk entries.
- All costs and expenses not included within the prizes are the responsibility of the winner(s).
- Naked Wines reserves the right at any time, in its absolute discretion, to:
- verify the eligibility of any participant (including their age (if the Competition has age restrictions) and place of residence);
- disqualify any participant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the Competition or entering using fraudulent means, or who the promoter believes to have acted in breach of these terms and conditions; and
- disqualify participants who do not give correct contact details or those who make an entry on someone else's behalf;
- if a Competition is being run on one or more of Naked Wines's social media platforms, disqualify any participant posting an entry or a comment to Naked Wines's social media platforms from time to time that is, in Naked Wines's opinion, inappropriate, offensive or upsetting to other participants, fans of Naked Wines or directly aimed at Naked Wines, or contrary to applicable law, and to remove any such entry or comment.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Naked Wines excludes liability for any losses, damages or claims incurred by any person in connection with the Competition or receipt or misuse of any prize.
- Except as otherwise required by applicable law, Naked Wines accepts no responsibility or liability for any entry or claim which for technical or other reasons is unsuccessful, incomplete, lost, late, damaged, corrupted or misdirected.
- If a Competition is being run on one or more of Naked Wines's social media platforms or another third party's platform, that Competition is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with that social media platform or third party (as applicable). Participants acknowledge that such social media platform or third party (as applicable) shall not have any liability to them in connection with that Competition.
- Any decis