The small print
- By placing an order with Naked Wines you are confirming that you are 18 or older. It is illegal for us to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
- When you give Naked Wines your credit or debit card details you are confirming that you are either the card holder, or that you have permission from the card holder to use the card for the purpose of ordering wine. N.B. If you're claiming a free case of wine, gifted by one of our partners for example, you will still need to provide us with card details - even if we're not charging you anything.
- No payment will be taken from your card until the goods you have ordered are dispatched from our warehouse, or your monthly Angels payment / MarketPlace payment (if appropriate) is due. Please note, when you place an order, we will securely store your card details so it's easier for you to place any future orders, but we will never take payment from your card unless you authorise us to do so.
- We reserve the right to cancel any orders we cannot fulfill for any reason. If your order is cancelled we will contact you to explain why and refund any money you have paid us for that order.
- Our standard delivery service is next day (Monday to Saturday) to most UK addresses, when you order before 5pm. The delivery charge is £4.99 OR it's free if you spend £100 or more. We also offer guaranteed delivery before noon on Saturday for £6.99. N.B. Some sale cases may be exempt from free delivery (which we'll make clear on the website) - and if you're using a voucher or a gift card to buy your wine, or claiming a free bottle, you have to spend £100 of your own money to qualify for free delivery. If we are swamped with orders, we will bring the 5pm cut-off forward so that we can keep our promise to the customers who have already ordered.
- We are unable to guarantee delivery dates to some areas of the UK (see the full list of out-of-area postcodes listed here.
- If your order goes missing, or is damaged, between dispatch and delivery, we will send you a replacement order as soon as we can. If we are unable to dispatch replacement goods within 7 days we will offer you a full refund. For these purposes, delivery takes place when products are left at your delivery address or with someone else in accordance with your instructions.
- For your own safety we reserve the right to contact your card issuer for the purposes of carrying out security checks.
- Any promotions, discounts or vouchers are single use only and not to be used in conjunction with any other promotion, discount or voucher unless otherwise stated.
- There are certain products, such as pre-order deposits and tasting tickets, where you can only use cash to buy them. By cash we mean money you've deposited into your Naked Wines account, Fine Wine Bond interest or payment by credit / debit card. If you have any additional credits in your account, these won't come off the value of your order if ordering these products.
- Products offered by us are displayed on our website(s) in 'real time'. This is to say that any product may be withdrawn from offer without notice.
- If for some reason we are unable to fulfil your exact order, we reserve the right to substitute up to 3 bottles with similar wines of at least the same value as the wine you ordered. Of course, the 3 substitute bottles are covered by our money back guarantee as set out below. If we need to substitute more than 3 bottles in any one order we will put your order on hold and contact you for further instructions.
- All of our wines are covered by our money-back-guarantee i.e. if you're unhappy with the wines then we'll give you your money back. Please note that if you need to return your wines to us, we'll either arrange collection or we’re happy to collect from a local Majestic (just drop us a call first). You can ask us for a refund at any time after delivery.
- So the recipient knows who the gift is from, you agree to your name and postcode being shown under your personal message for gifts you send from Naked Wines. The message and your details can't be seen in transit, and are only revealed when the recipient peels back the gift message label to read your personal message underneath.
Section A: General competition terms
- By entering a Competition, all participants will be deemed to have accepted the Competition-specific terms and conditions
- No entries received after the closing time will be eligible to win a prize.
- In order to enter a Competition that is only run online you must have an Internet connection and in order to enter a Competition that is only run through a social media platform, you must have an account with that social media platform.
- Should the prize for a Competition be unavailable, a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted. There is no cash alternative available. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be resold. Naked Wines reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Naked Wines, the prize will only be awarded to the winner.
- Each winner agrees to participate in reasonable publicity as may be required by Naked Wines in respect of the Competition. Naked Wines reserves the right to publish each winner's name, photograph and county on its website, Facebook page, Instagram and/or Twitter account or to publicise the prize-giving presentation within a year of the closing date.
- Each winner's first name and county are available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No entries from agents, third parties, syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, script or the use of automated devices are permitted and no bulk entries.
- All costs and expenses not included within the prizes are the responsibility of the winner(s).
- Naked Wines reserves the right at any time, in its absolute discretion, to:
- verify the eligibility of any participant (including their age (if the Competition has age restrictions) and place of residence);
- disqualify any participant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the Competition or entering using fraudulent means, or who the promoter believes to have acted in breach of these terms and conditions; and
- disqualify participants who do not give correct contact details or those who make an entry on someone else's behalf;
- if a Competition is being run on one or more of Naked Wines's social media platforms, disqualify any participant posting an entry or a comment to Naked Wines's social media platforms from time to time that is, in Naked Wines's opinion, inappropriate, offensive or upsetting to other participants, fans of Naked Wines or directly aimed at Naked Wines, or contrary to applicable law, and to remove any such entry or comment.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Naked Wines excludes liability for any losses, damages or claims incurred by any person in connection with the Competition or receipt or misuse of any prize.
- Except as otherwise required by applicable law, Naked Wines accepts no responsibility or liability for any entry or claim which for technical or other reasons is unsuccessful, incomplete, lost, late, damaged, corrupted or misdirected.
- If a Competition is being run on one or more of Naked Wines's social media platforms or another third party's platform, that Competition is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with that social media platform or third party (as applicable). Participants acknowledge that such social media platform or third party (as applicable) shall not have any liability to them in connection with that Competition.
- Any decision of Naked Wines in respect of a Competition is final. For questions regarding a Competition, email email@example.com
- Naked Wines reserves the right to extend, withdraw, alter or suspend a Competition or these terms and conditions (including the terms in Section A relevant to the Competition) at any time if circumstances beyond its control make this unavoidable.
- Any images are an illustrative example and do not show the exact prize(s).
- Each Competition and these Competition Terms, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Each participant irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with any Competition or these Competition Terms.
Section B: Specific competition terms
Naked Wines Tour photo competition
- This Competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over at the date on which they enter the Competition, except for employees of Naked Wines, its group companies, agents or anyone professionally connected with this Competition and any member of their respective immediate families.
- Entry to the Competition opens on Friday 21st June 2019, 00:01 and closes on Sunday 4th July 2018, 11pm 1.3 No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
How to enter the competition
- To enter the Competition tag @nakedwines in one of your photos from the Naked Wines Tasting Tour, or using the hashtag #nakedtastings
- You can upload one or more photos per user.
- One winner will be selected from all eligible entries each day of the tour. The winner will be selected by a member of the Naked Wines team.
- Winners will be notified via social media within two weeks of the competition closing date.
- There is a total of ten prizes available to be won: Each winner will receive a bottle of Rambla 41 Gin
- In the event that Naked Wines is unable to contact a winner within 2 working days of the relevant draw, Naked Wines reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner
- The Gin will be send via post to the winner. The prize(s) will be delivered within 30 working days from a valid acceptance of the prize.
Vouchers, Gift Cards and Gift Certificates
If you're lucky enough to receive a voucher or gift card from one of our partners, OR a gift certificate from a friend, here's how they work:
- Our vouchers are for first time customers only (apart from a handful of exceptions) and they can be redeemed online or over the phone.
- They cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion (Angel prices for example) and they're one voucher per person (i.e. we can't stack them otherwise we'd be giving too much wine away!).
- They're also for one-off purchases only i.e. you're not required to join any type of wine club when redeeming your voucher (although we will invite you to become an Angel!)
- Our vouchers typically have a minimum spend associated
with them, unless otherwise stated. For example:
- £75 off a case worth £114.99 or more (excl. delivery, £4.99 to most UK addresses)
- £100 off a case worth £149.99 or more (excl. delivery, £4.99 to most UK addresses)
- BUT please note, the minimum spend does vary from voucher to voucher so please refer to the voucher itself.
- Before you get spending, you'll have to register with us first, including email address and credit/debit card details. We'll use your card details to verify your age in addition to taking payment.
- Your voucher can be used against the vast majority of cases on our site (we will make it clear if you can't) - as long as it hits the minimum spend. And please see voucher for any expiry date that may apply.
- In the unlikely event that your voucher promotes a specific case of wine and you cannot find this on our site, please get in touch with our Customer Happiness Team on 01603 281869 who'll be happy to place the order for you.
- As with all orders, if you're not happy with any of the wines for any reason, we will give you your money back!
Gift Vouchers / Gift Cards
- Our gift vouchers / gift cards, can be redeemed online or over the phone by new or existing customers (unless otherwise stated on your voucher).
- They cannot be combined with any other offer (Angel prices for example) and they're one voucher per person (i.e. we can't stack them).
- They're also for one-off purchases only i.e. you're not required to join any type of wine club when redeeming your voucher (although we will invite you to become an Angel!)
- Before you get spending, you'll have to register with us first, including credit / debit card details (even if you're not spending any of your own money), so we can verify your age, check where to send the wine to - and take any necessary payment.
- Your gift voucher can be used against the vast majority of cases on our site (we will make it clear if you can't).
- If you want to top-up your spend i.e. your wine and delivery comes to more than the value of your voucher, we will charge the outstanding balance to your registered credit / debit card (OR use up any existing account balance if applicable).
- N.B. If you don't use the full balance of your gift voucher in the one transaction, you will lose any outstanding balance, so it's best to spend it all upfront! And please see voucher for any expiry date that may apply.
- As with all orders, if you're not happy with any of the wines for any reason, we will give you your money back!
Naked Wines Gift Certificates
- Naked Wines Gift Certificates can be bought online or over the phone, to pass onto a friend. N.B. These differ to the vouchers / gift cards mentioned above, which are offered by our partners as a reward or thank you.
- These gift certificates are like cash (i.e. can be used to buy anything on the site) - and we'll send the certificate to the lucky recipient via email, with full instructions on how to claim it.
- They can be stacked (unlike our partner vouchers / gift cards) - and they can be used in conjunction with partner vouchers / gift cards.
- Before claiming a gift certificate, you'll have to register with us first, including credit / debit card details (even if you're not spending any of your own money), so we can verify your age and we know where to send your wine to.
- As with all orders, if you're not happy with any of the wines for any reason, we will give you your money back!
We operate a fair use policy on all promotional vouchers
We honour vouchers honestly earned from our partners, but the majority of our money-off vouchers (and some of our gift vouchers) are for new customers only. So if you're an existing customer who has already used a voucher, you won't be able to redeem a second one, but you're welcome to pass it to a friend!. N.B. We reserve the right to close your account(s!) if we suspect that you are downloading and redeeming vouchers from a voucher site, EVEN IF you set-up multiple accounts in the name of your pet hamster and vole. It is just not fair on us, our winemakers and other customers. We reserve the right to modify or cancel our vouchers/offers without notice.
- If you post a comment on any of the public walls around the site (i.e. the Winemaker walls, the Wine Page walls and your Naked Me profile wall), your comments will be in the public domain and will therefore be visible to anyone who visits the site.
- Again, wine ratings and comments posted on your 'Naked Me' profile page will be fed through to the relevant wine page, and therefore visible to anyone who visits the site.
- If you don't want your Naked Me wall conversations to be visible, then please set your profile to 'private'.
Standard Angel Terms and Conditions:
- When you become a Naked Angel, you'll be helping our network of talented winemakers to make delicious wines, for less.
- You support them by investing £20 a month (or any multiple of £10) into your Naked Wines account towards your next order, yours to spend on ANY of our wines, whenever you want.
- In return for your support, you save up to 33% every time you order (i.e. you pay the Angel Price rather than the normal price listed next to each product, unless you're using a money-off voucher - see point 6 below).
- Angels are also offered a free premium bottle of wine every month if you order a case, while stocks last. To claim your free bottle, add it to your basket from your Naked Me page (unless we've added it already!) and checkout with at least 11 or 12 other non-MarketPlace bottles.
- Please note:
- There is no obligation to order whatsoever. You decide when you want to order (if at all!) and what you want to order.
- Your monthly payments will be transferred from your registered debit or credit card at the same time every month (you can change your payment date on your My Account page). N.B. If we cannot take your monthly payment from your default card for whatever reason (for example, the card has expired), we will attempt to auto-update your card details for you, to save you the bother of having to call us with updated information. Failing that, we will automatically take your Angel payment from another registered card on your account. Or finally, we will get in touch and request new card details! Please note, once we have new card details, we will take your Angel payment for that calender month and the previous calendar month, unless you tell us not to.
- If you place an order that totals more than the balance in your Naked Wines account, then we will debit your registered debit / credit card the difference.
- VOUCHERS AND GIFT CARDS: If you have a promotional money-off voucher in your account, or a gift voucher / gift card, these are only redeemable against the standard price, not the Angel price, unless otherwise stated.
- GIFT CERTIFICATES: As these are like money, there is no Angel discount when buying Naked Wines Gift Certificates BUT you will still receive your Angel discount when you spend a gift voucher.
- You can cancel your Naked Angel Account at any time, and get your money back - with no penalty whatsoever (see point 9). You can cancel online on your account page, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org OR by calling us on 01603 281869. Please note, that if you have any vouchers OR Fine Wine Bond Wine Credits in your account, we cannot refund these - as they are not cash nor are they convertible into cash. But as mentioned above, you will get back every unspent penny that you've paid in!
- In case you were wondering whether the money in your Naked Wines' account is safe; the funds are protected by our ultimate parent company guarantee so that if anything goes wrong with Naked Wines your money remains secure.
- Closing an Angels account when someone dies: we understand that it can be overwhelming to sort practical matters when someone close to you dies so we want to make it as simple as possible. Call us on 01603 281869 and we'll do our best to help. If the bank account linked to the Angels account is still active or even if frozen we can return any remaining funds immediately. If this is not possible we will require a copy of the death certificate and proof of executor details before we can release any funds to the executor by cheque.
What does Angel exclusive mean?
Angel exclusive means that Angels will always get first dibs on all new products as soon as they hit the website (usually around four weeks). They'll also get priority access to low stock / scarce wines - and some of our most popular wines. Once Angels have had first dibs, these products will be released to all customers to purchase at the list price, however Angels will always have a chance to buy them first.
- Naked MarketPlace is a place for us to show you the
PICK of the parcels offered to us, at the best price we can
negotiate for you. The deals are set up so that everyone wins:
- You our customers get a better deal on the parcel than you can any other way
- The winemakers get a big order
- We take 10% for making sure everyone gets what they bargained for
- How the MarketPlace deals work:
- Every week, we pick the BEST parcel, negotiate the BEST price with the winemaker, and put the deal live on the website
- Each deal lasts for one week and the deal ONLY goes through if the minimum number of cases are sold i.e. "This Pinot Noir usually sells for £20 a bottle in New Zealand, but I'll sell it to you for £10 a bottle if 1000 of you buy a case."
- A deal can be a 6 or 12 bottle case of the same wine OR a mixture of different wines from the same winemaker
- The price customers see is:
- The price negotiated by us with the winemaker
- Converted into £ Sterling
- Plus duty, VAT, CCT and postage and packaging
- Plus commission of 10%
- Customers can bid for as many cases of the same deal as they like (N.B. you will need to register with Naked Wines to place a bid).
- If, when the deal ends, the number of bids exceeds
the minimum, then the deal is binding on all parties!
- The seller is committed to deliver the ordered volume to Naked Wines' local agent within four weeks of the deal ending
- Naked Wines will collect the bid price from the customers i.e. the money will be taken from customers' registered Naked Wines' card OR we'll use any cash already in your Naked account
- And Naked Wines will pay the pitch price, in local currency, at the exchange rate prevailing, within 10 days of the seller delivering the wine and export documentation to Naked Wines' specified agent.
- If the deal expires and the minimum volume has not been achieved, then nothing happens. The seller does not deliver the wine, get any money OR get charged any money - and the customer is not charged anything and does not receive any wine.
- Refunds: Our money back guarantee still applies to our MarktetPlace wines i.e. if you don't enjoy it, or it's faulty for any reason, we'll give you a full refund
- Angels: There is no additional Angel discount on MarketPlace cases as they already have HUGE discounts - and most of the winemakers don't need Angel backing as the majority of the wines are already made.
- Delivery: Delivery is included in the price that you bid - so there's no extra delivery charge to pay. N.B. Out of area postcodes will be charged their standard delivery charge, less £5.
- Vouchers: You cannot use vouchers on these cases as they already have HUGE discounts - and the transaction is really between you and the winemaker, not between you and Naked Wines.
For a full list of Q and As, please click here.
- We may invite you to pre-order wines that are currently out of stock, for future delivery.
- We typically ask you to put down a £10 deposit to secure 6 bottles.
- You can pay your deposit using your registered card, any cash in your Naked Wines account or any Fine Wine Bond interest (you can't use vouchers or account credits).
- When the wine is on its way, we'll email you to remind you that you've pre-ordered a case - and we'll tell you when it's due and how much balance you owe (which you'll pay when we ship you the wine).
- If you've changed your mind, you can cancel your order - and we'll give you your £10 deposit back.
- Our standard money-back guarantee also applies i.e. we'll give you a refund if you don't love the wine.
- Please note that when we ship you your case, we cannot add any additional bottles, including your free monthly sample.
- Delivery charges are standard i.e. free to most UK postcodes if the wine is £100 or more.
Text For Wine
- As of the start of August 2015, we've introduced a new service where customers can order wine via text message!
- This service will runs (Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm, Sat 9am-1pm) - and we'll aim to reply to all texts within 20 minutes.
- To use this service, you have to register with Naked Wines (including address and card details) and you need to opt-in, which you can do so here.
- Please note that you have to register via the main site or the mobile site. You cannot currently register via the app.
- When you opt-in to the service, you'll have to provide us with a mobile phone number, which we'll store securely with your other personal details.
- Once you've opted-in, we'll text you a verification code which you'll need to input on the website. And once we've received this code, we'll confirm the number you can use to place orders!
- The beauty of the service is you can ask us to order you a specific case OR you can tell us the types of wines you like and we'll create a case for you.
- We'll use the default card on your account to pay for your order (or any account balance), and we'll deliver to your standard delivery address unless you tell us otherwise. Delivery charges are free if you spend £100 or more, otherwise £4.99.
- We won't text you about any other offers etc unless you agree to this - and any texts you send will cost you your standard network rate (texts sent by us are free).
Naked Beer Subscription Service
- Our Naked Beer subscribers receive a selection of craft beers from small, independent UK breweries. Each case contains 20 bottles is delivered quarterly. You can sign up here.
- The price of the case (£49.99) will be debited from your registered credit / debit card when each case is shipped. Or if you have any Angel balance sitting in your account, we'll use that up first (excluding any vouchers, which cannot be used towards beer cases).
- Delivery for quarterly cases is always free!
- We'll email you roughly 7 days before each case is due so if the timing's not right, you can postpone your order by a month or skip a quarterly case. If you skip your case you’ll receive an email in 3 months when the next quarter’s subscription box is ready to go to check you’re ready. There’s no limit to how many times you can skip a case- you’re in control.
- Please note, unfortunately you can't add any additional bottles to your Naked Beer Subscription box as it’s shipped in a special beer only box that’s just the right size.
- You can cancel your membership and get your money back at any time if you're not happy - Just email email@example.com and we’ll do the rest.
Naked Fine Wine Discovery Club
- Our Naked Fine Wine Discovery Club members receive a selection of fine wines every other month, along with full winemaking and tasting notes to swot up while you drink!
- Fine Wine Discovery Club cases contain 6 bottles and cost £99.99.
- Delivery for Fine Wine Discovery Club cases is always free!
- We'll email you roughly 7 days before each case is due so if the timing's not right, you can postpone your order by a month or skip a case. If you skip your case you’ll receive an email in 3 months when the next case is ready to check you’d like us to send it. There’s no limit to how many times you can skip a case - you’re in control.
- Unfortunately you can't add any additional bottles to your case as it is specially packed just for Fine Wine Discovery Club members.
- You can cancel your membership to the club and get your money back at any time if you're not happy - just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do the rest.
Never Miss Out
- To ensure you never miss out on your favourite wine/s again, you can pop your name on the reserve list of a particular wine to guarantee first dibs every time a new vintage lands.
- You tell us how many bottles (6 / 12 / 15 / 18) and we’ll make sure you're the first to know when a new vintage arrives (which is typically once a year)
- We'll let you know at the point you pop your name on the list when the wine is roughly due to land each year, but please be mindful that this is an approximate date as the winery and shipping gods change our plans sometimes...
- When the wine is on its way to our warehouse, we'll send you an email to let you know it's landing soon (with an approximate delivery date). And unless you tell us not to, we’ll pop your wines in the post so you don’t need to lift a finger.
- There's absolutely nothing to pay until we ship you your wines, and our usual money back guarantee applies i.e. if you don’t enjoy the wines, you get your money back.
- You’ll pay the current Angel price for the wines (at the time of shipping). Our usual delivery charge applies i.e. free if over £100, if not £4.99 (or £6.99 for Saturday AM delivery).
- There are absolutely no tie-ins or commitments, and you can take your name off the reserve list at any point here.
- Please note, we don't offer this service on all of our wines - and if we decide to stop stocking a wine for any reason, we will email you to let you know, and we won't be able to ship you any more of that wine. Equally, if a winemaker has a poor harvest, and yields are down, then we reserve the right to reduce your allocation to share out the spoils - or in very rare cases, we may have to cancel your allocation.
- N.B. If you’re an Angel and your case coincides with your monthly free sample, we can add your free sample to your case, as long as there are 12 or more bottles in your case.
- To never miss out on a favourite wine, give our Customer Happiness Team a call, or check out the wine page where you’ll be able to pop your name on the list!
- Our beers are pre-packed into custom made boxes so unfortunately case contents cannot be changed. Wine ordered alongside beer cases will be shipped in a separate case (standard delivery conditions apply e.g. minimum order of 6 bottles, or 12 bottles in order to claim your monthly free bottle of wine).
- All our beers are covered by our money back guarantee, i.e. if you're unhappy with the beers then we'll give you your money back. We will offer a credit for any beers you do not like, and a refund for any faulty beers.
- Vouchers cannot be claimed against beer cases.
Out Of Area Postcodes
Our standard delivery service (i.e. next working day) does not apply to certain postcodes. Please see below for a list of exceptions. Also, please note that we don't offer Saturday delivery to any of the postcodes listed below.
- Orders to the following postcodes take 2 days to arrive: AB10 to AB56, AB99, BT1 to BT49, BT51 to BT58, BT60 to BT71, BT74 to BT82, BT92 to BT94, DD6 to DD11, EH35 to EH46, FK18 to FK21, IM1 to IM9, IM99, IV1 to IV28, IV30 to IV32, IV36, IV40, IV52 to IV54, IV63, KA27, KA28, KW1 to KW3, KW5 to KW14, KY9, KY10, KY15, KY16, PA20 to PA33, PA35 to PA 38, PA49, PH5 to PH26, PH30 to PH39, PH49, PH50, PO30 to PO41, TD1 to TD14.
- Orders to the following postcodes take 3 days to arrive: TR21 to TR25.
- Orders to the following postcodes take up to 4 days to arrive or a little longer in very remote areas: HS1 to HS9, IV41 to IV49, IV51, IV55, IV56, KW15 to KW17, PA34, PA41 to PA48, PA60 to PA78, PA80, PH40 to PH44, ZE1 to ZE3.
We are unable to accept orders to either JE or GY postcodes.
Click and collect
- We offer a Click and Collect delivery option to 200+ Majestic stores throughout the UK (see full list and opening times here)
- We'll offer this as an option on the checkout page, so look out for a big blue button!
- Click and Collect delivery is free, except if you're a new customer purchasing a discounted case. You'll have up to 5 working days to collect your wines once they have arrived
- When collecting your wines, you'll need to give the Majestic store staff your email address and your order number, to prove you've paid for the wines.
- Please note, you still need to place your order on the Naked Wines site i.e. you cannot order Naked wines in Majestic stores.
- Once you've placed your order with us, we'll send you a delivery confirmation email confirming your Click and Collect details
- And we'll send you a second email once they've arrived at the Majestic store, so you know they're ready to collect.
- N.B. If you want to cancel your order once you've placed it, you should still contact Naked Wines directly - rather than your local Majestic store.
- Ps. We still offer free next-working day delivery to your home address (or any other address) if you order £100 or more, so no changes there!*
Recommending a friend
To the person sending an invite:
- Every Angel is invited to send a welcome deal to their friends who don't currently shop with Naked Wines, via email, Facebook and Twitter.
- This deal may vary, but you can find the details via the 'Invite a friend' link in the menu once logged-in, or by visiting www.nakedwines.com/invite.
- You can send the deal to as many friends as you like, as often as you like, but your friends will only be able to redeem the deal if they're new to Naked Wines.
- By inviting a friend, you confirm that you have their consent for us to email them their offer code, plus one reminder. They have 30 days to claim - after that, we’ll delete their data.
- If your friend decides to take up the deal, they're under no obligation to buy again or become an Angel (but we will invite them to become one!)
- For every friend that orders off the back of your invite, we will credit your Naked Wines account with £10 as soon as their order is shipped.
- This £10 credit is like cash i.e. it has no minimum spend and can be used against any products on the website.
- N.B. If you decide to cancel your Naked Wines account, this money won't be refunded to you (just any unspent money you've paid in yourself).
- Please note, Naked Wines reserves the right to withdraw the £10 credit offer at any time, or change the amount (but if the deal changes, we will make it clear on the 'Invite a friend' page).
To the person receiving an invite:
- If you're new to Naked Wines, you're welcome to redeem any 'Invite a friend' deal sent to you by an existing Naked Wines customer.
- If you have been invited, we'll send you an email with an offer, and one further email reminder. If you don't claim the offer, we'll remove your information from our database after 30 days.
- The details and conditions of the deal will be explained in the invite.
- The deal cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or voucher.
- If you take up the deal, you're under no obligation to buy again or become an Angel (i.e. a member), but we will invite you to become an one.
- If you do decide to order and you don't like the wines, the service or anything else, you're entitled to a full refund as part of our money-back-guarantee.
Wine Concierge and other services terms and conditions
- Our Wine Concierge service is the perfect solution for busy folk who’d like someone to do their wine shopping for them.
- It’s our job to make sure you have a wine rack full of wines you’re going to love, and as a Wine Concierge member, you only pay us when we get it right (if we offer you 'Try Before You Buy' - more on that below!).
- You can sit back and let us do everything for you, or you can be really specific if you want to.
The sit back route:
- Pop you name on the Wine Concierge list
- We’ll send you a case of wines to get you started
- If we know what you enjoy, we’ll customise the wines to your taste…
- ...if not, we’ll send you some crowd-pleasing customer favourites
- You drink them (the hard part)
- And ideally you tell us what you think (with just a couple of clicks)
- We’ll only bill you for the wines you’ve told us you love (if we offer you ‘Try Before You Buy’ - more on that below)
- And when you’re running low, we’ll send you your next case to enjoy…
The more specific route:
- All of the above! But you can hop online and give us more specific instructions:
- How frequently you want to receive a case (every 1, 2 or 3 months)
- Whether you want to receive a mixed, all red or all whites case
- An indication of the kind of price you’re comfortable paying
- Plus how many bottles you’d like to receive in each case (12, 15 or 18).
- We’ll send your wine to your default delivery address (which you can update at any time here).
- If the timing isn't right, you’re welcome to postpone or skip your case. Plus, if you don’t like the sound of the wines we’ve chosen for you, you can edit your case online or by contacting our Customer Happiness Team before we pop them in the post.
- There are no tie-ins or contracts, and you can cancel your membership at any time. Plus our usual money-back guarantee applies i.e. you only pay for wines you love
- We also reserve the right to cancel your Concierge membership at any point if we don't think we're right for one another.
- For our full standard terms and conditions, please take a look here.
A few practical bits...
What will my Wine Concierge cases cost?
If you're on 'Try Before You Buy', you've got nothing to pay upfront! We'll bill you 30 days after we've created your order (or the day after you’ve been online and told us what you think of all the wines in your case, if earlier), and then you'll pay the list price for each of the wines in your case. If you're an Angel and pay £20 a month into your Naked Wines account (or if you become an Angel), then you get preferential prices and you pay the Angel price for each of the wines in your case.
When you pop your name down for Wine Concierge, we’ll ask you to tell us the average amount you typically spend on a bottle: between £7 and £10, between £10 and £15, or over £15, and every time you need a top up, we’ll suggest a case we think you’re going to love based on these price-points and your personal preferences. If the price of the recommended case is too much (or too little), we can change your case for you.
N.B. If you’re a Majestic customer invited to get Naked, you'll also be entitled to Angel prices.
What’s the delivery charge?
Most Wine Concierge cases come with free delivery! If you’re new to Naked Wines or if you’re an existing customer ordering a 6-bottle Wine Concierge welcome pack, you may be asked to pay delivery on your first case depending on the case size and offer. The delivery charge will be made clear at the time of purchase.
What if I want to change the frequency or size of my cases?
As above, you can change the case size, colour, frequency and price-settings of your Wine Concierge cases in your account page here. Or you can drop us a line and we’ll do it for you.
How are you so confident you’ll send me wines I’m going to love?
Every time you use our website or app to tell us whether you’d buy one of our wines again or not, we get to know you and your tastes a little bit better. If you’ve been with us for a while, we’ve created a whizzy algorithm based on your personal preferences, that does all the thinking for you - and picks wines you’ve already told us you love OR wines with a similar style profile. Equally, it avoids wines you’ve told us you didn’t enjoy - and those that are similar.
If you’re new to Naked Wines, the more you tell us what you enjoy, the better the recommendations going forward! So please download our app or hop onto your Naked Me page to give your wines a thumbs up or thumbs down.
N.B. Our app is currently available to Angels only.
Will I still get all of my Angel perks alongside my Concierge cases?
If you’re an Angel, you’ll only ever pay Angel prices - both on your Wine Concierge cases and when you make ad-hoc purchases yourself! Plus, you’ll still be offered a free sample every month (which you’re welcome to claim on non-Concierge orders as usual), get first dibs on new parcels - and keep all your other perks.
N.B. You won’t be able to add your free bottle to your Concierge cases as our warehouse team pick and pack these cases separately.
Try Before You Buy
- As part of our Wine Concierge service, we will offer some customers the option to Try Before You Buy, on both their welcome case and ongoing cases.
- What’s Try Before You Buy? It’s exactly as it sounds! You buy a case of wine, you pay a delivery charge if it applies, you drink the wines and tell us what you think, and we’ll only charge you for those you love.
- Why are we offering this? You’re putting your trust in us... and letting us do your shopping for you. So it seems only fair you try before you part with your hard-earned cash!
- How do we know what you enjoyed? Download our app where you can scan and tell us what you think of your wines (or hop onto your Naked Me page on the site) - and give each of your wines a thumbs up OR a thumbs down. For every wine you give a thumbs down to, we knock the price off the total to pay - and we make sure we never send it to you again (or anything similar!). N.B. Our app is currently available to Angels only.
- At what point do we take payment? We’ll take payment 30 days after your order is created, OR at the point you’ve used our website or app to give a thumbs up or thumbs down to all of your wines, whichever is the earliest. If you’ve not had a chance to drink and tell us what you think of all of your wines within 30 days, we will take payment on the 30th day, but our usual commitment still applies, i.e. if you tell us you didn’t enjoy something at a later date, we will give you your money back.
- Where will we take payment from? We will take payment from your registered debit / credit card, in combination with any Angel balance or credit you may have on your account. We’ll give you the heads up before processing the transaction - and will let you know once we’ve taken the monies. If for any reason we can’t take payment (i.e. your card has expired for example), we’ll use any back-up cards registered on your account or we’ll be in touch to request new card details.
- If you’re offered Try Before You Buy, but you’d prefer to pay what you owe upfront, you can edit your payment settings by giving us a call, after you've received your sign-up case. And don’t worry, we will still offer you your money back if you pay for something you don’t love!
- If we’ve offered you an introductory case for a total spend of £4.99* (equivalent to our standard delivery
charge), you will only pay that amount for the wines in that case, including the delivery charge.
*Or the cost of our standard delivery charge
- Please note: we reserve the right to withdraw our offer of Try Before You Buy at any point and we reserve the right to take funds earlier than the 30th day if we see fit.
- If you’re not offered Try Before You Buy, you will pay for your Wine Concierge cases at the point your wine ships. But rest assured, our standard money back guarantee still stands, i.e. we will refund you for anything that isn’t your cup of tea - so there’s still absolutely no risk!
Wine Concierge introductory vouchers
- If we've offered you an introductory voucher for Wine Concierge, our standard voucher terms and conditions apply.
- In addition, please note:
- Introductory vouchers may only be redeemed against your first order with Naked Wines
- Your voucher may be redeemed against a six-bottle Wine Concierge Taster case, or any purchase of 12 or more bottles from our range.
- Wine Concierge is limited to one membership per household or account
- The voucher holds no cash value, is non-transferable and not for sale, and due to licensing laws isn’t valid at Majestic Calais, or in Scotland, but Scottish customers are welcome to pop into their local Majestic store and receive a surprise treat.
Making a complaint
We'll do everything we can to resolve any complaint you may have. You can reach our Customer Happiness Team by phone on 01603 281869 or Live Chat (Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm, Sat 9am-1pm). Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you can refer it to RetailADR at:
12 Walker Avenue
Stratford Office Village
020 3540 8063
Naked Wines UK is committed to respecting and protecting our customers' privacy and treats it with the same respect as our wine selection. This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to your personal data, in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of such personal data. It captures personal data entered across all channels: through our website, app, or via our Customer Happiness / Wine Advisor Team.
We incorporate marketing preferences in your online account, which affect how we will process your personal data. By using the marketing preferences functionality, you can specify whether you would like to receive direct marketing communications and limit the use of your information. You can access the marketing preferences via www.nakedwines.com/account/communicationpreferences
Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
2. How we use your personal data
In this section we outline how we may process your personal data. All personal data we process falls into one or more of the following categories:
- Order data;
- Date of birth data;
- Transaction data;
- Financial data;
- Internal social data;
- Usage data;
- Communication data;
- Enquiry data;
- Digital marketing data; and
We may process your order data ("order data"). The order data may include your name, billing address, delivery address, phone number and email address. The order data will be processed for the purposes of delivering your wine orders to you. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us.
We may process your date of birth (“date of birth data”). Your date of birth will be processed for the purposes of confirming you are 18 or over and therefore legally able to purchase alcohol. The legal basis for this processing is compliance with legal obligations, namely the Licensing Act 2003.
We may process your transaction data (“transaction data”). The transaction data may include information relating to your previous transactions, including purchases of goods or services and Angel payments. The transaction data may include your name, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, email address and purchase history. It may be processed for the purposes of supplying the purchased goods or services and keeping proper records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us. Your transaction data may also be used to personalise offers and messages based on the products you order. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely providing better services to you including marketing based on your preferences. If you do not wish to receive personalised offers, you can exercise your right to object.
We may process financial information (“financial data”) you share with us. The financial data may include your encrypted card details, name and billing address. The financial data may be processed for the purposes of processing your Angel payments, speedy check-out, easy refunds and to prevent fraud. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us.
We may process information that you post for publication on our website or app, such as wall posts or product ratings and reviews ("internal social data"). This internal social data is public, and may be processed for the purposes of enabling interaction on the website or app between customers, winemakers and staff, and providing feedback to our winemakers on their products. We may also use your posts or reviews in our marketing materials to help us tell other customers about our products and services. In instances where internal social data is stored in an unstructured format (such as free text reviews and wall posts) it is exempt from our data retention rules, however may be deleted upon request. The legal basis for processing internal social data is consent.
We may process data about your use of our website or app, and reaction to our emails and services ("usage data"). The usage data may include your geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use and your ratings. The sources of the usage data are our analytics packages (including, but not limited to Google Analytics) and email service providers. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website, emails and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services. Your usage data may also be used to personalise offers and messages to you. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely providing better services to you including marketing based on your preferences. If you do not wish to receive personalised offers, you can exercise your right to object.
We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our direct marketing communications ("communication data"). The communication data may include your name, email address, postal address, phone number or marketing preferences (update them here: www.nakedwines.com/account/communicationpreferences). This communication data may be processed for the purposes of contacting you with service notifications, such as that your order has been processed, or contacting you with relevant offers and messages. The legal basis for this processing is performance of a contract for service notifications and legitimate interests for direct marketing communications.
We may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding goods and/or services ("enquiry data"). This enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of providing clarification, resolving issues or marketing relevant goods and/or services to you. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and to ensure we are responding to your enquiry.
We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of improving our marketing (" marketing data"). We may use marketing data in a number of different ways: either to advertise our products and services to you on third party websites such as Facebook or via post, or to advertise our products and services to similar customers (lookalikes) on third party websites such as Facebook. We may also use marketing data to exclude you from seeing advertisements from third party websites such as Facebook or from receiving our advertisements via post. The marketing data may include your name, email address, billing address, phone number, date of birth, gender, and the user ID of any social platforms you have connected with us on. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely providing better services and enhancing our customer base.
Please be aware that CCTV is in operation in our head office and delivery depot.
We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper protection of our business against risks.
Please do not supply any other person's personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so. If you do share your friends’ details with us, please ensure you have their authorisation.
3. Providing your personal data to others
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we may disclose your personal data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this policy:
- to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this policy;
- to our insurers and professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice;
- to companies approved by you, such as Facebook and other social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us);
- to companies that we engage to provide database profiling and de-duping services to give us insights about our existing and potential customers;
- to companies that do things to get your wine orders to you, such as warehouses, order packers and delivery companies; and
- to deliver exciting news and offers to you we will use postal printing and mailing, as well as email and third party marketing service providers.
Financial transactions relating to our website, app and stores are handled by our card payment service providers. We will share transaction data with our payment service providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we take steps to sell or merge any of our business or assets (including by way of merger, share or asset sale), in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective buyer or merged entity; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about you will be one of the transferred assets.
In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Section 3, we may disclose your personal data with law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud or where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person, or in connection with the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative out-of-court procedure.
4. Transfers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
We have model clauses in place across our group of companies, listed in our most recent annual report: www.majesticwineplc.co.uk. Your data could be processed by our staff working outside the EEA, in particular the United States of America and Australia. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your information is treated securely and in line with this policy. You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website, for example wine reviews, may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
5. How long we retain your data
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
If you have claimed a voucher but not subsequently purchased from us, we will retain your data for 3 months, from the point at which the voucher was claimed, to give you sufficient time to benefit from the offer.
If you have registered on our website but not purchased from us, the length of time we will retain your data is dependent upon whether you have opted into our marketing communications. If you have opted in, we will retain your data for 2 years since your last interaction; if you have not opted in, we will retain your data for 30 days from registration.
Whilst you are an active customer (which, for the avoidance of doubt, means you have purchased from us) we will retain your data for as long as needed to give you the best possible customer service. We will anonymise your personal data 7 years after your last transaction (sale, refund or Angel payment) provided you have not interacted with us for 2 years. For the purposes of this policy, an interaction is defined as an identifiable website or app session, or contacting our Customer Happiness / Wine Advisor Team. We will inform you before we anonymise your data and give you the option for us to retain your details so we can continue to serve you.
As long as you have an Angel balance or are a Bondholder we will always retain your data.
If you have submitted somebody else’s data (with their authorisation) as part of our “invite a friend” promotion, we will retain their data for 30 days to give them sufficient time to claim the offer, and to enable us to reward you for the referral.
In all instances outlined above, the process of anonymising your data may take up to one calendar month.
In certain circumstances we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
6. Your rights
You have a number of rights in respect to your personal data. We have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights. You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by either (a) emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or (b) calling our Customer Happiness Team.
A. Right of access
You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge. In order to fulfil this right we will ask for government registered ID to confirm your identity and, once this is received, will respond with the relevant information one calendar month from the date of your request.
B. Right to rectification
You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
C. Right to erasure
In certain circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure, such as where processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. If you have entered into a transaction with us, we will keep a record of your personal data for 7 years following the date of your last transaction with us. We will endeavor to respond to your request within one month, but if your request is complex or we receive a number of similar requests at the same time, it might take us longer, in which case we will inform you within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why we think an extension is necessary.
D. Right to restriction on processing
In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: (a) you contest the accuracy of the personal data, (b) processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure, (c) we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, and (d) you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: (a) with your consent, (b) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, (c) for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person, or (d) for reasons of important public interest.
E. Right to objection to processing
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: (a) the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or (b) the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless (a) we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or (b) the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You also have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
F. Right to data portability
In certain circumstances, you have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit that information to another controller to enable it to use the data. The right to data portability applies (a) to personal data you have provided to us as data controller, (b) where the processing is based on the your consent or for the performance of a contract and (c) when processing is carried out by automated means. If you request this information, we will transmit the data directly to another controller, if this is technically feasible. We are, however, not required to adopt or maintain processing systems that are technically compatible with other controllers. Also, if the personal data concerns more than one individual, we must consider whether providing the information would prejudice the rights of other individuals.
If you exercise your right to data portability, we will endeavor to respond to your request within one month, but if your request is complex or we receive a number of similar requests at the same time, it might take us longer, in which case we will inform you within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why we think an extension is necessary.
G. Right to stop marketing messages
At any time you can amend your marketing preferences to reduce, remove or increase the amount we contact you with direct marketing communications. You can do this by accessing your account here: www.nakedwines.com/account/communicationpreferences
H. Right to withdraw consent
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
I. Right to complain
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement. Our supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact them here: https://ico.org.uk
For details of the way we process information relating to external candidates please refer to our recruitment data retention policy: www.nakedwines.com/terms#recruitmentdata
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
10. Data Protection Officer
As a company we do not have a data protection officer, but we do have a team trained to help with any data protection query. If you have any concerns or questions about how we protect your privacy, please contact the team either on email@example.com or on firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Data Retention
As part of the recruitment process Naked Wines Ltd will process any personal data you have provided for the purposes of considering you for suitable employment vacancies, communicating with you at various stages in the selection process, for on-boarding successful applicants and for retaining the applications of unsuccessful applicants in the form of a “talent pool” database. Naked Wines Ltd will be acting as Data Controller for these purposes.
The legal basis for our processing your information is the pursuit of our legitimate interests which are seeking job applicants in order to further the interests of our organisation and maintaining a database of unsuccessful candidates and speculative enquiries known as a talent pool. We will not process the information you have provided for any other purposes incompatible with those referred to above.
We will not share or disclose your personal data to anyone else.
The information you provide to us through this form and subsequently during the application process will be stored in our computer systems for a period of 365 days. You have the right to request access to, rectification or erasure of personal data that we hold about you as well as a right to object to and to a restriction of our processing of your personal data for the purposes described above. You may also lodge a complaint about us with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection.