- Kobie & Faisal were always big fans of the famous white Burgundy 'Montrachet', but not of its uber-expensive price tag.
- So we challenged them to make a 'Montrachet' quality white – powerful, rich, with mind-boggling flavours – at South African prices.
- Little did we know it would turn into one of our all-time cult wines.
Gewürztraminer is known to be as fresh as a daisy and as floral as a flower shop and this does not disappoint.
Take a big whiff and you’re walking through a country garden. Rose petals, apple blossoms and jasmine aromas, with bright citrus, quince and pear on the palate, delicious!
Serve slightly chilled with an aromatic Thai curry and enjoy the ultimate flavour sensation.
- In times before whizzy tech and gigantic steel tanks, grape juice was left to ferment on its own accord, spontaneously bursting into action when the conditions were just right. It's a technique winemaker Kobie Viljoen is passionate about, and the old-school method has given this Chardonnay its smooth, creamy, rich almondy flavour.
- To geek-out further still, Kobie can clearly define where all the flavours in his mouth-watering Chardonnay come from. Only half of the wine was oaked, which gives it its pale straw, with flecks-of-gold appearance. It's bursting with citrus fruit and juicy apple flavours from the grapes, and finishes soft and smooth with hints of delicious cinnamon, caramel and vanilla from some time spent in fancy French oak barrels.
- Global lockdowns have hit the family-run winery hard, but thanks to Angel funding, they can continue to source premium grapes from all over Western Cape and craft their high-end wines.
- Adrian & Rebecca have just been given 5/5 stars by top wine critic James Halliday - and this is their top-end stuff. If you haven't tried Yarra Valley Chardonnay, prepare to fall in love
- The fruit for this wine was hand-picked from a single-vineyard Yarra Valley site, matured in expensive French oak barrels for 10 months, and bottled after a single filtration (for maximum flavour)
- Because you funded this lovely couple and made their dreams come true, you get it for a snip. Don't dither and grab a bottle now.
- Benjamin's family has made famous French Chardonnay for centuries. Thanks to you, he's able to keep this tradition alive, and make wine under his own name.
- Made mostly without oak to get the fullest flavors from these special French grapes, Ben says "Angels will be surprised by the fineness and elegance of our Chablis." With its deep, intense aromas and mouthwatering brightness, Ben adds, "Elegance and purity are the true words to describe our Chablis."
- This is true French Chablis– from its gorgeous pale gold color right down to its savory, elegant minerality. Due to recent extreme weather, area wines like this are becoming increasingly more rare– treasure it with a plate of fresh oysters while you can.
- Say the words’ Côtes du Rhône’ and you’d be forgiven for thinking instantly of a luscious red wine, but enter Denis Crespo who wants to give the whites of the Southern Rhône their chance in the spotlight.
- The vines thrived on the gentle, sunny slopes of the area and produced some seriously stunning grapes. Light, floral notes and touch of zingy acidity give freshness and a beautiful balance to this rich and flavourful Grenache blend.
- A little birdie told us that this was a particularly small but big hitting vintage so scoop up a bottle (or two!) of Denis’ liquid gold now to be sure you don’t miss out.
- Jean-Marie has one simple rule when winemaking: less is more. His low-yielding organic vines low are bedded in clay soils that give the wine a beautiful roundness in the mouth. Needless to say, the guy knows exactly what he's doing.
- Love your whites on the sophisticated side? You'll love this posh white Burgundy. It's deliciously rounded and smooth whilst packing a good citrussy zing in its tail. A wonderfully flexible wine that can be enjoyed as an aperitif or with pals over a meal.
- This plush drop treads the line between richness and crispness like an absolute dream - you won't be looking back!
- To make this Chardonnay, I sourced grapes from cooler climates around the Western Cape of South Africa. The grapes from these areas benefit from long cool summers that helps heighten and define its flavour.
- These cooler climates are hugely sought after by winemakers, and as you would expect the prices for those grapes are higher. Naked funding has allowed me to secure high quality grapes for several vintages, so that Angels can enjoy consistently high quality Chardonnay for years to come.
- The Cutler Chardonnay has a lovely freshness to it, apple, pear and peach flavours and an elegance and finesse that comes from 50% of the wine sitting in oak, and the other half left un-oaked.
Chablis is famous for super-exquisite white wines with gorgeous minerality and purity, and Premier Cru is the best of the best. Only very special parcels of grapes, of consistently jaw-dropping quality, get this distinction.
When you add an expert winemaker like Benjamin Laroche into the mix, whose family has been making first-class Chablis for centuries, you’ve basically reached the pinnacle of classy French white.
This luxurious Premier Cru is finely balanced with aromas of white flowers and pear, rounded out with delicate hints of toast and vanilla from a lick of French oak. Then on the palate, elegant white fruit flavours mingle with a rich minerality for a pure quality Chablis. It's next level.
- This appellation is famed in Burgundy, it is one that I have always loved. The winery where I make my Saint Veran, has a small parcel of Pouilly Fuisse vineyards close by and I was able to secure this small parcel especially for myself and Naked Wines.
- By giving me support and letting me look out for new projects and special vineyards, I am able to commit to making wines, confident that the Naked Angels will love them.
- This is a creamy, buttery Burgundy that boasts a rich dollop of lemon curd to round it off perfectly with and is a wine that will age well over the next few years.