New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- In Rioja we have really good conditions for white wines, even if we’ve always been recognized for our reds!
- We had a strike of luck in the region around 25 years ago with the appearance of a new grape variety called Tempranillo Blanco. From one shoot 25 years ago, now we have around 500 hectares in the Rioja region and the possibility to enjoy a delicious new grape variety.
- It’s a fresh and crispy white wine with pear and apple in the nose and a rounded mouth feeling with a great balance. It’s an opportunity for Angels to try something really different and exclusive.
It can be a tough task breaking into the super-posh Burgundy club for any winemaker, let alone for outsiders who speak with an English accent. But when you produce fine-quality wines like the Ragg’s hand-crafted, artisan Chardonnay, even the locals have to stand up and take notice.
This is an absolutely stonking example of White Burgundy. It’s got those classic clean, lean citrus flavours, with subtle notes of green and golden apples, and toasty almonds. And a luxuriously creamy texture from just the perfect amount of oak ageing. It’s a beautiful thing.
So many Naked winemakers tell us the big thing that sparked their passion was tasting a top-notch Chardonnay from Burgundy. And when you pour yourself a glass of this world-class Premier Cru, you’ll understand why.
- Nina spotted this seriously zesty Chardonnay when she was travelling around Oz and had to nab it all, just for you Angels.
- This wine is fresh and vibrant, packed full of lemon, kaffir lime leaf and melon and just a hint of toasty oak to compliment the citrus.
- Serve with Asian ginger and soy poached chicken salad… or something less fancy but equally delicious like fish and chips.
- I had the opportunity to create this wine with Brass Tacks proprietor, Daniel LeFrancois, a good friend of mine. Daniel is a veteran in the wine industry so with our collective experience, we created a true reflection of California Chardonnay.
- Working with the Angels and Naked Wines was a wish fulfilled. It was your votes and support that granted us the opportunity to source fruit from premier California regions. This granted us the ability to put more focus on the winemaking process and produce a wine that we are excited and proud to present to you.
- This sexy, voluptuous wine answers your palate's thirst for an oaked and buttery Chardonnay. Ripe, juicy tropical flavors on the lush palate are accented by creamy notes of vanilla and caramel. I truly can't thank the Angels enough for making this wine possible. Your support is what keeps independent winemakers like me going.
Scott Peterson, Winemaker
- Sam's mantra is that lots of little things can make a big difference...culminating in the Butterfly Effect. Sam used lots of little touches and techniques to create this seriously classy little number.
- His fresh and peachy Chardonnay has layer upon layer of creaminess and rich complexity. It's no wonder the Aussie Angels can't get enough of the stuff.
- Because you fund Sam and made his dreams come true, you get it for a bargain. Grab yourself a bottle now before your fellow Angels catch on and snap it all up.
- Our KFW Old Vines Chardonnay come from a vineyard planted in 1986 on the Paardeberg Mountain, the same year as the "official" first Chardonnay planted on De Wetshof, named Bateleur, which makes our Old Vines Chardonnay the oldest Chardonnay vineyard in South Africa.
- These Old Vines bear little fruit and produce amazingly complex wines with great concentration, fantastic minerality and flavours that just keep on giving.
- To buy wines of this complexity from the likes of Burgundy, you would pay 2 or 3 times more, which makes our KFW Old Vines Chardonnay great value and I really hope you enjoy it, Angels!
Johan Kruger, Winemaker
- The Dunnolly Estate Reserve Chardonnay is so special. The wine has been elevated to the next level!
- The nose is a delicate balance of white nectarines & citrus peel, there is an enticing creaminess and warmth coming from the new French Barriques. On the first sip, the palate flourishes showing the natural acid length and a rich encompassing mouthfeel.
- Our style of Chardonnay is designed to be subtle. Gentle flavours of apricot & citrus and balanced with a delicate acidity. With the vintage being on the cooler side I needed to ensure that there was still this generosity, without detracting from our signature wine style and pronounced femininity.
- I made this wine with the Angels in mind. I wanted to bring a sense of luxury that unfortunately our summer didn’t provide!
Nicky Parish, Winemaker
- Dom makes this wine with hand-picked grapes, just around the corner from the Pouilly Fuisse appellation. Expensive tasting shouldn't mean expensive price tag, and this Chardonnay is the proof.
- Ripe, fresh apricots blend seamlessly with a long, smooth oaked finish for a real class act of a wine. This is a journey for your taste buds, and we recommend a season ticket
- This is how Chardonnay was always supposed to taste. Grab a bowl of warming, creamy risotto and toast yourself for trying something new
Not just a Shiraz superstar, when award-winning Aussie winemaker Peter ‘Juicy’ Gajewski came to us saying he wanted to make a delicious ‘Chardy’ for his white-wine-loving Angels, there was no way we could pass up on the offer.
Like his reds, Juicy’s Chardonnay comes from the Scott’s Creek vineyard he helped plant as a boy. After a 40-plus year relationship, you’d be hard pressed to find a winemaker more in tune with his grapes than he is. And for this wine, he harvested the fruit in 2 batches - the first with higher natural acidity (the structure that holds a wine together), and the second with more punchy fruit characters - which he blended together to create this perfectly balanced Chardonnay with mouthwatering flavour and complexity.
Crowd-pleasing Aussie Chardonnay like this was made for long afternoons in the sunshine with a few good mates. It’s crisp, summery and refreshing, with yummy flavours of tropical fruit and lemon, and a soft, round, peachy mouthfeel.
- You won’t find a winemaker more experienced, or frankly more passionate about his wines than Stephen. So when he said he wanted to make a classy Reserve Chardonnay, we knew it would be a bit special.
- Thanks to Angel funding, Stephen was able to hand-harvest the grapes and age them in the finest French oak casks, giving his Reserve Chard the elegance of a white Burgundy, with a dollop of South African sunshine for extra flavour.
- His full-bodied Chardonnay is chock full of zesty lemons, limes and grapefruit all wrapped up in a velvety coat of toasty, vanilla spices. It’s refined, it’s lavish, it’s sumptuous... perfect for a night on the sofa with a good movie and a cuddle.