New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- Leading the revolution for a new, modern style of wine, Stephen's Californian Chardonnay will have Chablis producers weeping with envy.
- This is as bright and refreshing as Chardonnay comes, with a dollop of Californian sunshine for extra oomph.
- Stephen recommends you grab yourself a fat tuna steak and go wild!
In 2021, Charles & Ruth agreed to help us out of a hole in our Chardonnay supplies when French vineyards were ravaged by frosts. They offered to make two styles and this is the more opulent, oakier one. If it really blows your socks off, they say they’ll be up for making it one of their regular Naked wines.
To make their Barrique Sélection Chardonnay, Charles & Ruth harvested much later in the season, giving the rich fruit flavours more time to develop. Then after fermentation they aged it in french oak barriques for 6 months. The result is a luxuriously textured, opulent white wine offering great value for a premium style of Chardonnay.
The nose and palate are oak-led, with layers of buttery popcorn, brioche, citrus and ripe tropical fruits. All balanced with a supremely smooth, creamy palate. Perfect for those posh evening garden parties in the summer sun.
This classic, oak-aged Chard gives you a soft, unctuous feel and a rich mouthful of creaminess.
Angel funding not only lets Daryl get his hands on the best fruit and buy the expensive French oak barrels he needs, but also allows him to take as long he needs to make a delightful wine without wasting time on marketing and sales.
Roast chicken is the stereotypical pairing with a buttery Chard... taste this wine with it and you'll understand why!
- In Rioja we have really good conditions for white wines, even if we’ve always been recognized for our reds!
- We had a strike of luck in the region around 25 years ago with the appearance of a new grape variety called Tempranillo Blanco. From one shoot 25 years ago, now we have around 500 hectares in the Rioja region and the possibility to enjoy a delicious new grape variety.
- It’s a fresh and crispy white wine with pear and apple in the nose and a rounded mouth feeling with a great balance. It’s an opportunity for Angels to try something really different and exclusive.
It can be a tough task breaking into the super-posh Burgundy club for any winemaker, let alone for outsiders who speak with an English accent. But when you produce fine-quality wines like the Ragg’s hand-crafted, artisan Chardonnay, even the locals have to stand up and take notice.
This is an absolutely stonking example of White Burgundy. It’s got those classic clean, lean citrus flavours, with subtle notes of green and golden apples, and toasty almonds. And a luxuriously creamy texture from just the perfect amount of oak ageing. It’s a beautiful thing.
So many Naked winemakers tell us the big thing that sparked their passion was tasting a top-notch Chardonnay from Burgundy. And when you pour yourself a glass of this world-class Premier Cru, you’ll understand why.
- The Santolins have spent the last year making their A&R Durif Shiraz, a veritable powerhouse of a wine, the perfect full-bodied, oaky white partner in crime. They've triumphantly stepped away from the drawing board with this super stylish Aussie Chard in hand.
- And even better - they've made it exclusively for you Angels and have handpicked only the best fruit to ensure that you're only enjoying the most decadent stuff they can muster.
- This brand new Chard is the yin to the yang of their 94%-rated Durif Shiraz - it's bold, full bodied, delightfully oaky and comes with lots of complexity and richness. It's all wrapped up effortlessly with indulgent, plush flavours of crème brülee, vanilla, honeysuckle, toasty oak, and a nice spiced kiss farewell.
Gewürztraminer is known to be as fresh as a daisy and as floral as a flower shop and this does not disappoint.
Take a big whiff and you’re walking through a country garden. Rose petals, apple blossoms and jasmine aromas, with bright citrus, quince and pear on the palate, delicious!
Serve slightly chilled with an aromatic Thai curry and enjoy the ultimate flavour sensation.
- Burgundy has always been one of my favourite regions to work in. My Saint Veran and Pouilly Fuisse are both from the region, and I have always dreamed of making a Macon Villages.
- Thanks to Angel support, I was able to secure some old Chardonnay vines on the slopes of Macon that were perfect for a traditional style white, with no oak influence, that really shows what this appellation can do.
- My Macon Villages is a lighter, refreshing style, with a fresh citrus aroma, clean acidity and a creamy finish.
- This appellation is famed in Burgundy, it is one that I have always loved. The winery where I make my Saint Veran, has a small parcel of Pouilly Fuisse vineyards close by and I was able to secure this small parcel especially for myself and Naked Wines.
- By giving me support and letting me look out for new projects and special vineyards, I am able to commit to making wines, confident that the Naked Angels will love them.
- This is a creamy, buttery Burgundy that boasts a rich dollop of lemon curd to round it off perfectly with and is a wine that will age well over the next few years.
- To make this Chardonnay, I sourced grapes from cooler climates around the Western Cape of South Africa. The grapes from these areas benefit from long cool summers that helps heighten and define its flavour.
- These cooler climates are hugely sought after by winemakers, and as you would expect the prices for those grapes are higher. Naked funding has allowed me to secure high quality grapes for several vintages, so that Angels can enjoy consistently high quality Chardonnay for years to come.
- The Cutler Chardonnay has a lovely freshness to it, apple, pear and peach flavours and an elegance and finesse that comes from 50% of the wine sitting in oak, and the other half left un-oaked.