- Our Maxime Reserve is a Mediterranean blend of Shiraz, Grenache, Cinsault and Mourvedre grown on the mountain valley of Piekenierskloof on 700 meters above sea level on decomposed granite soils. This specific terroir is best suited for these varietals, which are now in super high demand by most winemakers in South Africa. Thanks to Angel Funding, I could secure this amazing wine for you!
- Our Maxime Reserve might be less bold than older brother`s wine - the Matteo Reserve, but still has the power and elegance in equal measures, capturing the warmth and spice of the Shiraz, red fruits of the Grenache, cherries from the Cinsault and a touch of Mourvedre to add great harmony.
- Some varietals used in this blend are from qualified Old Vines, which give great depth and concentration and would normally sell for much more than this great value for money wine we could secure - thanks to Angel Funding!
Johan Kruger, Winemaker
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is the seventh vintage Bill and Claudia Small have crafted exclusively for Angels and it's an absolute cracker.
- We asked them one simple thing. Make us the best Sauvignon Blanc in Marlborough and we reckon they came pretty close - at least for the price you pay, and what's more, 94% of people who've bought it agree.
- It is classic New World SB. Delicious, ripe, grassy fruit, all gooseberry and kiwi, with an edge of lime, and is packed with enough zing to keep your mouth tingling for hours on end.
- By day, Mauricio still teaches others to make their wine taste amazing. But thanks to Angel funding, he’s gradually ramping up production in his small no-frills winery.
- As a thank you for turning his hobby into a career, he saves the plumpest, juiciest grapes from his best vineyards to make absolutely stonking wine just for you.
- This wine is deliciously vibrant and concentrated. Rich dark plums, blackberries and bramble flavours all tied together with a warming toasty, oaky spice.
- Rod's reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal.
Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay is packed full of New Zealand vibrant intensity.
Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that makes you want quaff more. Just crack it open and pour!
- Who'da thought it... a big dollop of gutsy Shiraz can be brought to life by a tiny smidgeon of peachy pure Viognier.
- Big, rich, ripe bramble and damson fruit with lashings of oak are given a soft, silky finish by the addition of the Viognier with its hint of white peach acting as the perfect foil to the peppery undertones.
- Angel funding bought the grapes, so it's incredible quality for a very reasonable price... no wonder 91% of you would happily buy it again!
- The grapes Willie's used to make this wine were bought with Angel money. So of course, it's only fair you get to buy the end result at a jolly decent price. We like to think of it as a never-ending circle of back scratching.
- We like to think of this as the rather good-looking lovechild of new and old world Sauvignon, with a little something for everybody. Bags of minerality, clean on the palate and fresh as a dew drop covered daisy.
- An intense gooseberry kick in the finish tells you that this is a grown up, top class wine. Try a little midweek sophistication for yourself - at this price, it'd be rude not to.
- I want to dedicate to the Naked fans, Angels the most special bottle of my Prosecco.
- Col de L’Utia is dedicated only to Prosecco of our vineyards in the DOCG Asolo and Valdobbiadene area. You have already the white label for the DOCG and we want to create its brother in black to increase the Col de l’Utia range.
- It is very fruity, green apple, pear and acacia scents it is delicate and fine, fresh and fizzy for all the occasion. Perfect for celebrating the whole year round.
- Mike is a hugely successful winemaker, with more medals and trophies than you can shake a stick at. And when he came to us wanting to make a wine with his own name on it - we nearly snapped his hand off.
- This is New Zealand fruit heaven with a little Loire twist. Punchy, herbacious and packed with gooseberries and lime, all wrapped up with a soft, elegant finish.
- Too many NZ wines focus on style over substance, so imagine how excited we are to give you a wine that's chocka with both - at around half the price. Stunning.
- This is to a mid-range supermarket wine what a monster truck is to a fiat panda. It's a big complex beast of a wine. Oh, and the guy who made it also makes one of Chile's most famous, and expensive wines.
- If you could get hold of one of his famous wines, you'd be paying over £30 a bottle. Luckily for you, you can buy his very own, non-famous, creation from us at a much more reasonable price.
- If you ever wanted to invest in a Naked wine to lay down, this is the one. Jean-Pascal's wines get even better with bottle age.
- Thanks to one of Chile's finest winemakers combining the country's most popular red grape varieties, Cabernet, Carmenere, Syrah and Merlot, this beauty is for those that like the blockbuster style.
- It's packed with big, bold blackcurrant fruit that hits the mouth like a fruit bomb. Underneath it has a little bit of sweet dark chocolate that gives it a delicious, mouthwatering smoothness. It's like turbo Ribena for grown ups.
- 91% of Naked Angels said they'd buy it again - so it's not just us that think it's damn good stuff to stick in your glass.