New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- An elegant Pinot with a gentle touch. The Angels have been asking Bill & Claudia to make a New Zealand Pinot like this ever since tasting their amazing 2010 Sauv Blancs.
- The Smalls spent ages scouring the island looking for just the right vines, and they have struck gold! Mature vines on a sunny north-facing hillside in Marlborough, just screaming to be Naked.
- "Absolutely loved it, just what I've been looking for. Can't stop talking about it" said Angel Richard Coyne. We heartily agree!
Scott works in one of the most diverse wine regions in the U.S. - a place the Native American inhabitants of Oregon call ‘the Land of 1000 Valleys” and it’s all thanks to Angel funding he got to make this, his dream wine!
His Pinot Noir is a favourite with our friends across the pond and, we just had to get our hands on some for UK Angels to try.
Aged in plush French oak barrels, this is a silky smooth, complex red that really opens up in the glass...if you are able to leave it long enough!
- The delicate Pinot Noir grapes come straight from Nicky and Peter Parish's Waipara Valley vineyard. It's a tiny growing region, but the quality is out-of-this-world, and the Kiwis usually like to keep the premium wines for themselves. But Angel backing means the father-daughter winemaking team were able to send some our way.
- Full of strawberry, raspberry and sun kissed plum aromas, this wine is ultra inviting and lively. French oak brings out its mocha and warm toasty oak flavours before it's neatly wrapped up with elegant, ripe tannins for a very classy finish.
- Nicky says "Angel funding has enabled us to have the money tend our vines with love and care, helping us to put energy into our ecosystem and our environment. It also allows us to handpick the fruit and purchase high-quality barrels which showcase the fruit. And of course, it enables dad and me to work together, which is truly special".
- Phil Handford only makes one wine, Pinot Noir. It’s his obsession. And he makes some of the best on the planet. Hand picked from his own Central Otago vineyard, then lovingly cuddled in expensive French oak.
- Forget pricey Burgundy. When the French get their chops round this soft, elegant, seriously classy Pinot Noir from down under, they’ll be quaking in their vineyards.
- Vibrant and savoury, with fresh raspberry and cherry flavours, this is a complex, top-shelf red with subtle herbal notes, sweet spice and a lovely lick of oak.
- Pinot Noir is my favourite red grape. 15 years ago I visited Burgundy during vintage and worked with growers and winemakers - since then I have returned every year to the region.
- It was a real surprise when I finally made my first Pinot Noir here in the Pfalz. I could not believe the quality and style was possible to make in this region.
- Through Naked Wines I had the opportunity to work with the grower to help him manage the vineyard and harvest the grapes for this special wine. The result is a Pinot Noir with intense aromas of ripe forest berries and raspberry leaf. It has great balance with good texture and a persistent finish.
When Kieron dropped into Naked HQ recently, we thought we’d just be tasting the latest samples of his Bacchus. Little did we know he’d also sneak in a bottle of delicious English Pinot Noir that he’d cooked up in his Derbyshire winery. Just one glance had us hooked.
It’s beautiful in the glass, almost jewel-like in terms of colour and clarity. And as soon as we tasted it, we knew we had to secure a share for Angels like you.
“This wine has great body and depth as we waited until the final safe moment to pick the fruit. Its invigorating acidity is allied with an incredible concentration and brightness of cranberry, pomegranate and hints of Morello cherry. The texture is silky and fresh with fine-grained tannins and impressive length on the palate. Notes of violet and earth compliment aromas of subtle oak spice from 9 months in used Seguin Moreau barrels.” Kieron, Winemaker
Adrian and Rebecca's Family Reserve range is their seriously good stuff. Thanks to Angel funding, they've built great relationships with growers, so they get access to the absolute best grapes in the Yarra Valley, one of Australia’s top Pinot Noir regions.
If you're looking for a next-level wine that you can truly sit back and savour, this is the drop for you. This pale and light-bodied Pinot Noir is elegant and complex with delicate red berry fruits like redcurrants and raspberry. Rounded off with subtle oak spice.
It’s the perfect light and fruity red to snuggle up and enjoy on its own. But come dinner time is when it really shines. Try this alongside pan-fried gnocchi with mushrooms or a juicy roast chicken and veg… you’ll be in wine heaven.
- Made by a five generation strong family of winemakers in Burgundy's most noteworthy wine making village, exclusively using super small scale production techniques, this is a Pinot Noir of some serious pedigree.
- Traditional winemaking is the key here, the Bernards use techniques that have been passed down through the generations since well before the days of screw caps. With decades of winemaking success at their backs, we can confidently say that if it ain't broke don't fix it!
- It's pale red burgundy colour, firm body and tannic structure will put a smile on the face of any seasoned Pinot Noir drinker. The delicate touch of the winemaker is the icing on the cake for this particular bottle, making for a delightfully fresh drop that lets flavours of vanilla, raspberries and warming oaky spice, blend effortlessly.
Chris didn’t leave a vine unturned in his rigorous search for the grapes that have been carefully selected to make his rich and earthy Pinot Noir. Sourced from a handful of the very best sites in Oregon, this large and in charge wine is seriously tasty.
Silky with bright acidity and fruit, followed by a big ol’ blast of dark chocolate, berry and spice on your tastebuds. Not to be outdone of course by the delicate floral notes that provide just the right balance for an elegant and well rounded, fruity finish.
Thanks to Angel support Chris has been able to swipe grapes from some of the most prestigious wines in Oregon - we can hardly believe our luck!
- Mike loves his Pinot, and even when working for a top New Zealand winery, yearned to make his very own. Well, we came up with the funding and now he's going it alone - and producing classic NZ Pinot for all our Angels.
- Think ripe black cherry with a hint of raspberry, a little bit of liquorice and a bundle of juicy sweetness in the centre finished off with a kick of black pepper and hey presto! The perfect Pinot.
- Grab a leg of lamb, slow roast it for 12 hours, then serve with copious amounts of this. Stunning.