- For sheer drinkability it's hard to go past young Pinot Noirs from the fresh coastal air of the south island of New Zealand. I made this wine to try and encapsulate that and provide a look for those who live a long way from a unique place.
- Naked have been completely supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wine from a small and often unknown region. Through the incredible journey that was the crowd funding to help me get off the ground, their continual support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked and the Angels.
- Dark and vibrant in the glass with strong fruit presence. Berries and plums sit beside a light oak touch for support. Ripe, with fleshy texture this is great drinking for any occasion and happily stands up to meals of all shapes and sizes!
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
Chris didn’t leave a vine unturned in his rigorous search for the grapes that have been carefully selected to make his rich and earthy Pinot Noir. Sourced from a handful of the very best sites in Oregon, this large and in charge wine is seriously tasty.
Silky with bright acidity and fruit, followed by a big ol’ blast of dark chocolate, berry and spice on your tastebuds. Not to be outdone of course by the delicate floral notes that provide just the right balance for an elegant and well rounded, fruity finish.
Thanks to Angel support Chris has been able to swipe grapes from some of the most prestigious wines in Oregon - we can hardly believe our luck!
- An elegant Pinot with a gentle touch. The Angels have been asking Bill & Claudia to make a New Zealand Pinot like this ever since tasting their amazing 2010 Sauv Blancs.
- The Smalls spent ages scouring the island looking for just the right vines, and they have struck gold! Mature vines on a sunny north-facing hillside in Marlborough, just screaming to be Naked.
- "Absolutely loved it, just what I've been looking for. Can't stop talking about it" said Angel Richard Coyne. We heartily agree!
Mathias and Emile Roblin wanted to show Angels that Sancerre was more than just a high-end Sauvignon Blanc region. It could also produce world-class rosé wine. Thus, their Origine was born.
Using lush Pinot Noir grown in 3 separate plots across picturesque Sury-en-Vaux, in the valley of the River Belaine. The brothers have created a crisp, clean, refreshing wine with delicate floral aromas and flavour packed with ripe red fruits.
It’s classy, complex and oh-so-moreish, a perfect pairing for sticky sushi rolls or spicy Asian food. The Roblins want you to enjoy this with their thanks for supporting their wines. Taste their luxurious Sancerre rosé and discover the incredible variety this region has to offer.
- Although he'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite, two wines Franks simply loves making are Cava and Rosé. So he decided it was only right to bring the two together for the ultimate sparkling extravaganza.
- He's kept it classic, exclusively using traditional techniques to preserve the Rose's delicate touch and elegantly layered fruit flavours. Franks's bottled up a true breath of fresh air for his Angles, that's guaranteed to blow away the cobwebs.
- The hand picked Pinot Noir grapes deliver a bright acidity with a fruit forward kick. Fresh summer strawberries take centre stage, whilst apples and melon flavours provide a crisp, cool summer breeze.
- Say the word ‘Sancerre’ and people immediately think of seriously plush white wines but historically it was the reds that ruled the roost, with Pinot Noir dominating the landscape.
- The Roblin brothers wanted to make a wine that showcased the Sancerre of yesteryear; that is fruity, fresh and punchy Pinot Noirs, so they set about doing just that.
- With heavenly aromas of black and Morello cherries, as well as a lick of almond, this red delivers everything it set out to do. Crack it open, savour all its fruity goodness and give a nod to Matthias and Emile for what was a truly inspired idea!
- If you’re used to thin, flimsy Pinot from France, best sit down. Adrian & Rebecca Santolin have thrown the kitchen sink at this one, and then some.
- Adrian and Rebecca's Family Reserve range is their seriously good stuff. Thanks to Angel funding, they've built great relationships with growers, so they get access to the absolute best grapes in the Yarra Valley. If you're looking to up your wine game, this is the drop for you.
- Their complex yet elegant Pinot is rich and flavoursome, with oodles of black cherry and plump red berries, plus a delicious lick of earthy spice.
- After the roaring success of their first Pinot Noir, we challenged Bill & Claudia to make us an extra-special reserve batch. We reckon this is their best yet.
- Named after their baby daughter Penelope, this reserve used the best fruit and had a little extra Small & Small love added.
- If you're looking for amazing quality Pinot, then look no further. And because it was made possible by our Naked Angels - it's a complete steal!
- It's little wonder why Pinot Noir is one of the world's most expensive wines to make. The grape's delicate skin and its tendency to love well-drained, steep mountainside vineyards mean that it's continuously hand pruned then finally hand-harvested to protect the delicate fruit flavours; it's a real labour of love and lesson in patience.
- Pinot Noir loves sunny warm days and cool, breezy nights, and 2018 didn't disappoint, ripening the grape to juicy perfection. The wine is bright and vibrant with red fruit flavours that are balanced by a complex savouriness, making it the perfect food-wine. Try pairing it with scrummy rosemary-infused roast veggies.
- The grapes for this elegant Pinot Noir grew in a teeny vineyard, in a premium grape-growing region that produces only 2% of NZ's wines. With just over 2000 bottles made, this elegant and refined Pinot Noir is a rare find, and there's no telling when we'll see the likes of it again.
- This sultry Pinot is chock full of lush blackberry and blueberry flavours that course with a smooth intensity through an oh-so-long, lavish finish.
- With your support on his side, Chris sourced this prized Pinot from a pair of coveted vineyards in the exclusive Yamhill-Carlton region of Willamette Valley. This tiny corner of Oregon wine country grows some of the most revered Pinot in US – and your funding gives Chris first pick of its fabled fruit.
- Bottles of Pinot Noir from this treasured sub-region usually go for serious money but for backing Chris to bring Angels a luxurious taste of Oregon Pinot at its best you get it at a snip.