- Jorge knows Galicia like the back of his hands. He knows which Albarino grapes get the right amount of sun to make them vibrant and which get enough sea breeze to keep them fresh. And then he grabs them for Angels.
- Chock full of bright and zesty citrus flavours, this wine is as crisp and refreshing as they come. Kiwi Sauvignon fans need not look any further!
- It's a great accompaniment for any seafood dish, but if you want to turn up the heat, it goes really well with super spicy food.
Pierre is a 4th generation winemaker with a Master's degree in viticulture so what he doesn't know about winemaking isn't worth knowing.
Pierre's wines come from one of the best villages in the Rhone and this Viognier is no different. The grapes were harvested at just the right time to make sure it's nothing short of perfection.
There are so many ways to enjoy this one but we reckon wholesome chicken stews and scrummy fruity puddings are your best bets.
- Rod's Reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal, without having to make any comprises on style and without having to cut any corners during this wines carefully tuned journey from barrel to bottle. No 'Vavavoom' was harmed in the making of this wine... thank you!
- Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay can stake an equally vibrant and intense claim to New Zealand's winemaking prowess.
- Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that will have you running to stock up the wine rack (the fridge, your friends wine rack... the list goes on) to the brim with this little number!
- Stefano wanted to showcase two of the oldest grape varieties of Sicily and found a corner of the island where the vines could thrive, with rich soils and an abundance of glorious sunshine.
- Thanks to Angel funding he has been able to experiment with a new blend that is truly one of a kind. Catarratto and Zibibbo met for the first time and, under Stefano’s careful watch, have proven they form an extraordinary pair.
- This rich white oozes tropical fruit flavours and sensational aromatics. If exotic wines are your thing then meet your new best friend. We guess all that’s left to say now is ‘cin cin’ (that’s cheers in Italian!).
- We've always loved decent Chablis...but never really loved the price of it. Well, this little sister to Christophe's regular Chablis delivers both quality and class, AND great value.
- Pure citrus fruit flavours shine through, with a crisp, clean minerality that makes it an obvious choice for those days when you just want to pop the cork and be thankful you've gotten through another day.
- Should you get the munchies half-way through, try it with a little bit of goat's cheese.
- The Minervois may be known for rich, savoury reds, but it’s a little-known secret that the limestone-rich soils are also the perfect place to grow white vineyards… Luckily, Ben’s your man on the inside.
- Ben’s latest Angel offering is a perfectly balanced wine: beautiful length and texture from the Morrillon grape, a classy touch of acidity from the Colombard, and a crisp refreshing nose from the Sauvignon Blanc.
- Perfect with a Pique Nique, great company and a healthy dose of sunshine.
- Francois has worked for some of the world’s most iconic brands, including Dry Creek Vineyard in Sonoma, Jackson Estate in Marlborough, and Waterford Estate back home in Stellenbosch. His real passion however, is seeking out under the radar parcels to craft boutique wines like these.
- This one’s a real crusher. Somewhere between a French and New Zealand Sauvignon, it has a lovely herbaceous nose, glacier-like freshness and a beautiful texture.
- It’s light, fresh and vibrant, with mouth-watering tropical and passion fruit flavours. The perfect summer sipper.
- Following the success of my Terra Calda and Terra Forte, I wanted to make Angels a crisp and elegant white from 4 of my favourite native grapes in Puglia.
- Angel funding has given me the confidence to make a wine I am truly proud of, from one of my favourite regions in the world. This wine is fruity, floral and fab!
- Orange blossom on the nose with a peaches and cream palate, the floral fruitiness makes it a perfect match for Linguine alle Vongole. Bellissimo! I hope you love it as much as I do.
- Arco’s one of the most experienced and well-connected winemakers in South Africa’s Western Cape and his speciality is seeking out the very best parcels of grapes and making wines that showcase the regions they’re from. Like this tasty little number from Breedekloof in the heart of the Western Cape.
This crisp white is Arco’s South African homage to Italian Pinot Gris - but he’s doubled up on intensity and character to make it the perfect accomplice for any foodie. It’s laced with tons of zingy fresh citrus flavours - lime, lemon, pear, nectarine and apple - with subtle hints of honey and floral aromas and goes a dream with crispy Portuguese prawn cakes or a big battered cod fillet and chips.
Arco wanted to pay his good fortune forward, after Angels came to the rescue in his hour of need. So he made this Pinot Gris to say thank you and give some of South Africa’s struggling winemakers a leg up - it’s a real win-win!
- What’s fresher than a spray of ocean air, and zestier than a lemon convention? If you answered Pinot Grigio, you’d be absolutely right. And, if you didn't, maybe it's time you gave it a try.
- Our Italian bubble genius, Paolo, has set his sights on this Italian stalwart... and boy, has he made it worth your while! This crisp beauty will zip across your taste buds with a slice of apple and a touch of white peach.
- At a slender 12% it can be enjoyed on its lonesome or as a companion for steaming hot pasta with a rich creamy sauce.