New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
It can be a tough task breaking into the super-posh Burgundy club for any winemaker, let alone for outsiders who speak with an English accent. But when you produce fine-quality wines like the Ragg’s hand-crafted, artisan Chardonnay, even the locals have to stand up and take notice.
This is an absolutely stonking example of White Burgundy. It’s got those classic clean, lean citrus flavours, with subtle notes of green and golden apples, and toasty almonds. And a luxuriously creamy texture from just the perfect amount of oak ageing. It’s a beautiful thing.
So many Naked winemakers tell us the big thing that sparked their passion was tasting a top-notch Chardonnay from Burgundy. And when you pour yourself a glass of this world-class Premier Cru, you’ll understand why.
- Premier Cru = only the best parcels of grapes. Sebastien's set aside a tiny parcel at a bargain price as a thank-you for your support.
- This elegant little beauty is more complex and concentrated than Sebastien's classic Chablis, without losing the bone-dry purity Chablis is famous for. Mouth-wateringly luxurious.
- Your funding works even more magic with an exquisite fine wine like this... you cut out costs like sales and fluffy marketing - and get the price down to where it should be.
When Sam Plunkett won Naked Winemaker of the Year in 2019, it would’ve been hard to pick a more popular winner, he’s the legendary winemaker behind some of our most-popular cult wines and just the loveliest guy you’ll ever meet. His prize for winning was the chance to make a brand-new, unique French Chablis with an Aussie twist in collaboration with Sebastien Christophe, our Chablis superstar.
They set out to create something that respected all the great traditions of Seb’s classic kit, but with a sprinkling of Sam’s Aussie sunshine to make a more flavourful and fragrant wine that still felt like a classy and elegant Chablis. This little ripper has that clean crisp and citrusy zing you’d expect from a Chablis wine but with the added tropical notes of peach, melon and grapefruit you’d expect down under. Delish.
It’s all the more remarkable because this wine nearly didn’t get off the ground. A few months after winning his prize, lockdown hit and Sam was stuck in Oz, unable to go to France and help with the hands-on making of the wine. Thankfully, Sam and Seb speak the same language as super-passionate winemakers and right from the start they had a shared vision. With Seb's hard-work in the winery, and Sam giving his input via many video calls, they’ve delivered exactly what they set out to do.
- Polish your best Champagne flutes and buff up the ice bucket for this show-stopper!
- Produced exclusively for you, by JP Moulin - the genius behind Ruinart, Mumm and Baron de Rothschild Champagne.
- A drop-dead gorgeous Vintage Champagne that'll give the most famous labels in the world a run for their money.
- Nina spotted this seriously zesty Chardonnay when she was travelling around Oz and had to nab it all, just for you Angels.
- This wine is fresh and vibrant, packed full of lemon, kaffir lime leaf and melon and just a hint of toasty oak to compliment the citrus.
- Serve with Asian ginger and soy poached chicken salad… or something less fancy but equally delicious like fish and chips.
- We hunted high and low for a Chablis that impressed us. It may have taken a while, but, as the saying goes, some things are worth the wait.
- This is the absolute essence of a classic Chablis, bone dry, super classy, minerally...in short, delicious.
- Try this wine with some oysters for the perfect pairing for a decadent dinner
- I had the opportunity to create this wine with Brass Tacks proprietor, Daniel LeFrancois, a good friend of mine. Daniel is a veteran in the wine industry so with our collective experience, we created a true reflection of California Chardonnay.
- Working with the Angels and Naked Wines was a wish fulfilled. It was your votes and support that granted us the opportunity to source fruit from premier California regions. This granted us the ability to put more focus on the winemaking process and produce a wine that we are excited and proud to present to you.
- This sexy, voluptuous wine answers your palate's thirst for an oaked and buttery Chardonnay. Ripe, juicy tropical flavors on the lush palate are accented by creamy notes of vanilla and caramel. I truly can't thank the Angels enough for making this wine possible. Your support is what keeps independent winemakers like me going.
Scott Peterson, Winemaker
- Sam's mantra is that lots of little things can make a big difference...culminating in the Butterfly Effect. Sam used lots of little touches and techniques to create this seriously classy little number.
- His fresh and peachy Chardonnay has layer upon layer of creaminess and rich complexity. It's no wonder the Aussie Angels can't get enough of the stuff.
- Because you fund Sam and made his dreams come true, you get it for a bargain. Grab yourself a bottle now before your fellow Angels catch on and snap it all up.
- Mouth-wateringly posh Blanc de Blanc Champagne is JP's speciality. He only uses the finest Chardonnay grapes in his super-crisp flagship bubbly... and you can taste the difference in every zippy sip.
- Elite winemakers like JP are a rare breed. For 20 years he's been quietly producing some of the most famous wines on the planet. To those in the know, the guy is a legend.
- And since he couldn't have done it without Angel support - you get cracking value for money. So you can afford to splash out on a posh seafood platter to savour alongside it. Divine.
- Our KFW Old Vines Chardonnay come from a vineyard planted in 1986 on the Paardeberg Mountain, the same year as the "official" first Chardonnay planted on De Wetshof, named Bateleur, which makes our Old Vines Chardonnay the oldest Chardonnay vineyard in South Africa.
- These Old Vines bear little fruit and produce amazingly complex wines with great concentration, fantastic minerality and flavours that just keep on giving.
- To buy wines of this complexity from the likes of Burgundy, you would pay 2 or 3 times more, which makes our KFW Old Vines Chardonnay great value and I really hope you enjoy it, Angels!
Johan Kruger, Winemaker