- I believe that there is no greater translator of terroir than Chardonnay. I think this shows off my style of winemaking perfectly, I just had to share this wine with you.
- Chardonnay grapes and the cost of barrels make it difficult to grow the volumes. When I heard there was an opportunity for a new Chardonnay in Naked Wines’ range I couldn't resist putting this wine together for the Angels. Thank you Angels and Naked for believing in me and helping me fund this awesome Chardonnay.
- Light gold in colour with a green tinge, on the nose there is complex citrus, green apples and pears followed by a light toasty character from the 30% new French Oak. These flavours integrate on a seamless, well balanced palate with a butterscotch, citrus mineral finish.
- During our 2019 Summer Tour Johan tempted Angels with two mouth-wateringly good wines and asked them to vote on which one he should hurry home to produce. 4000 votes later we had a winner...
- There’s no ABC (Anything but Chardonnay) excuse here. This one is bursting with citrus and stone fruit flavours with a delightfully crisp finish that will certainly keep you coming back for more.
- So why snap it up? Well, in Johan’s own words; “the fruit was limited, the votes were many, so please buy this as I suspect it will sell out in no time”. You don’t need to tell us twice, Johan.
- Nina spotted this seriously zesty Chardonnay when she was travelling around Oz and had to nab it all, just for you Angels.
- This wine is fresh and vibrant, packed full of lemon, kaffir lime leaf and melon and just a hint of toasty oak to compliment the citrus.
- Serve with Asian ginger and soy poached chicken salad… or something less fancy but equally delicious like fish and chips.
When Sam Plunkett won Naked Winemaker of the Year in 2019, it would’ve been hard to pick a more popular winner, he’s the legendary winemaker behind some of our most-popular cult wines and just the loveliest guy you’ll ever meet. His prize for winning was the chance to make a brand-new, unique French Chablis with an Aussie twist in collaboration with Sebastien Christophe, our Chablis superstar.
They set out to create something that respected all the great traditions of Seb’s classic kit, but with a sprinkling of Sam’s Aussie sunshine to make a more flavourful and fragrant wine that still felt like a classy and elegant Chablis. This little ripper has that clean crisp and citrusy zing you’d expect from a Chablis wine but with the added tropical notes of peach, melon and grapefruit you’d expect down under. Delish.
It’s all the more remarkable because this wine nearly didn’t get off the ground. A few months after winning his prize, lockdown hit and Sam was stuck in Oz, unable to go to France and help with the hands-on making of the wine. Thankfully, Sam and Seb speak the same language as super-passionate winemakers and right from the start they had a shared vision. With Seb's hard-work in the winery, and Sam giving his input via many video calls, they’ve delivered exactly what they set out to do.
When Elgin superstar Richard Kershaw heard one of his region’s top Chardonnay producers was in trouble due to lockdown, he knew he had to call the Angel cavalry hotline.
That’s because, while South Africa’s perfect soils and cool climate conditions already make it a goldmine for posh, European-style wines, Elgin Valley kit is like 24 carat liquid nectar, and Richard couldn't bear the thought of it going to waste. By far SA’s coolest wine region, Elgin has a super-long growing season which means lots of time for the grapes to ripen slowly and develop uber-complex flavours, like the ones you’ll find in this Ubuntu white.
This is fine wine quality Chardonnay to rival some of the best in the world. It’s got all those classic Chardonnay characteristics, rich citrusy aromas of lemon, apricot and nectarine, a delicate hint of buttery oak. And then you take a sip and it’s all-wrapped up in with an elegant, creamy mouthfeel that lingers on the palate ‘til the very last drop.
- Premier Cru = only the best parcels of grapes. Sebastien's set aside a tiny parcel at a bargain price as a thank-you for your support.
- This elegant little beauty is more complex and concentrated than Sebastien's classic Chablis, without losing the bone-dry purity Chablis is famous for. Mouth-wateringly luxurious.
- Your funding works even more magic with an exquisite fine wine like this... you cut out costs like sales and fluffy marketing - and get the price down to where it should be.
- My Premier Cru Mont de Milieu Chablis is from 30 year old, South-facing vineyards. The grapes are grown on limestone soils where we carefully prune the vines to ensure that the yields and terroir effect are optimised.
- Thanks to Naked Wines funding, we were able to buy the new oak barrels and gain access to the high quality grapes that I've used to create this wine for the Angels.
- This Chablis is a remarkable combination of refreshment and longevity, with delicate floral notes, a dense, round feel and exceptional minerality. It's a rich and powerful wine that is delicious now, however it will develop further in bottle for more than a decade if stored correctly.
- Polish your best Champagne flutes and buff up the ice bucket for this show-stopper!
- Produced exclusively for you, by JP Moulin - the genius behind Ruinart, Mumm and Baron de Rothschild Champagne.
- A drop-dead gorgeous Vintage Champagne that'll give the most famous labels in the world a run for their money.
- Mouth-wateringly posh Blanc de Blanc Champagne is JP's speciality. He only uses the finest Chardonnay grapes in his super-crisp flagship bubbly... and you can taste the difference in every zippy sip.
- Elite winemakers like JP are a rare breed. For 20 years he's been quietly producing some of the most famous wines on the planet. To those in the know, the guy is a legend.
- And since he couldn't have done it without Angel support - you get cracking value for money. So you can afford to splash out on a posh seafood platter to savour alongside it. Divine.
If you’ve ever tasted a wine from Chablis, you’ll know this region is famous for rich and elegant whites loaded with intense fruit flavours and creamy oak complexity. It’s a white wine lover’s paradise, but what you may not know is there’s another level above your regular Chablis. And this is it.
If a top-notch Chablis is a 10/10, Sebastien’s Grand Cru kit breaks the scale. This is an exceptionally rare and prized wine - only made at 7 sites around the region - that’s very tricky to get your hands on. Luckily, you have an in with Chablis superstar Sebastien Christophe, who’s brought this super-posh drop to the UK, just for wine-lovers like you to enjoy.
Tasting this wine is quite a journey. First, it’s got those lovely rich, intense fruit aromas that Chablis is famous for, with notes of tropical peach and pineapple. Then you take a sip and it’s just got layers upon layers of flavour that hit all corners of the palate. It’s like yummy peaches and cream with just the subtlest hint of vanilla from the oak, and it’s so subtle, so excellent. It’s really delicious right now, but if you were ever going to age a white wine… we can only dream of the possibilities.