If there’s one thing everyone knows about your man Sam, it’s that he doesn’t do anything by halves.
In 2018 he produced a plush Ripassare of such spectacular quality that it had Angels on their feet (I have a feeling you might remember it), and you better believe it was no accident.
It’s a highly skilled piece of work you see, where the juice is given a good soak on the skins of the fruit in order to deepen the colour and puts rocket-boosters on the flavour.
- Re-passing the wine over this skins means it picks up way more bold and intense flavours and you get a richer, bigger, powerful wine.
- Deep red in the glass and full of plush plums, spicy currants and velvety tannins. Perfect for sharing with friends.
- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!
- We like to think of this as Montaria's confident, super-hot older sister. Luis ensures only the best grapes are hand-picked to give his reserva a delicious intensity.
- Bundles of fresh strawberries, redcurrants and a subtle streak of oak make this wine ridiculously drinkable, accessible and a bargain at under a tenner.
- A weekend must with a cracking Sunday leg of lamb, or a weekday treat with your slippers on and feet firmly up. At this price, you can spoil yourself any day of the week - without your wallet even flinching.
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - this wine is her way of saying thank you!
- 2,500 Angels snapped up 30,000 bottles in just 48 hours in our MarketPlace deal! Don't worry if you missed out, Katie set some aside especially for you.
- Katie used the Angel investment to buy a beautiful old train station to turn into a winery - how cool is that?
Luis discovered a forgotten parcel of this wine at the back of his cellar. When he tasted it and realised how good it was, there was only going to be one home for it - yours!
If you've tasted Luis’ normal Montaria you'll already know you're in for a treat, but a just few pounds more really delivers a helluva lot more bang for your buck.
With mindblowingly juicy black cherry and damson fruit, it assaults your mouth like a delicious battering ram. It's no wonder 90% of those who've tried it have been hooked.
- This is a big wine not to be taken lightly! A deep magenta in the glass with aromas of plum, dark berries, chocolate and raisins along with earthy hints and pepper, all combined to give layer upon layer of plush aromatic complexity. Be sure to decant to appreciate its full effect.
- The grapes for this wine are hand-grown and picked by Tait Hamilton from his vineyard in Heathcoate, on the border of the Mount Camel Ranges. Tait’s vineyard grows magnificent fruit, and it’s a pleasure to make wine from the best grapes.
- It’s pretty straight forward to make a good wine with fantastic fruit like this… but to show at its best it needs good (read expensive) new oak barrels. Bondholder funding helped me to buy the luxury oak which takes this wine to the next level. The funding is only part of the story, NW also links us to wonderful Angels which gives the wine a home.
- Nina is always in and out of some great cellars and when she stumbled upon this seriously delicious drop she just had to snap it up for you Angels.
- This Shiraz is bouncy. So full of life, packed with juicy fruit, and plush. Just a hint of spice beneath the vibrant red fruits.
- Have it with a barbeque, or on its own with friends… and see if you can say the tongue twister after a bottle...
- Arco was on the point of going bust in 2020 when the SA wine industry was hit by Covid, just as he was recovering from a battle with cancer. Thankfully, our very own Johan Kruger put him in touch with us, and Angel support helped keep him afloat. Arco’s now sourced and blended this super-premium wine to pay you back while helping out some of his winemaker mates who’ve also been hit hard by Covid.
This classy Syrah comes from the Simonsberg mountain area of Stellenbosch where the higher altitude produces nice slow ripening and gives the wine a great floral character. We'll let Arco explain it to you for himself...
'This is a beautiful Syrah more in the Rhone style, showing a lovely perfumed nose of violets and some lavender, as well as a little white pepper. The palate is more fruit forward than oaky, showing lovely plum and blackberry flavours, finishing with a hint of sweet spice.' Arco Laarman, Winemaker
Lovers of Amarone look no further - Juicy has Australia's answer to that bold Italian red.
He left the fruit on the vine longer than usual to really let the flavours develop resulting in a full on Shiraz that we just know Angels are going to love.
Intense deep black red in colour with rich fruit flavours and a luscious lick of oak. This is an absolute giant of a wine - packing in both length and power - and one that will age for up to 10 years after bottling.