New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plush and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels, blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.
American winemaker Stephen makes some of the New World's most sought after wines. Very unlike the over-done fruit bombs you've come to expect, this modern Shiraz is mega classy.
When we asked Stephen to make us a little side project, he jumped at the chance. He still gets to be his own boss and you get his top-shelf talent at middle-shelf prices.
Ruby red in the glass, this delightful wine is full of mellow dark fruit, spicy black pepper and a smooth taste of smoky oaky warmth
- Angel funding has played a tremendous role in this wine. I was able to source top-end fruit from the best terroirs, slopes and growers.
- This enabled me to cast my sourcing net wide over the vineyard sites and regions of Durbanville and Stellenbosch - resulting in more complex, multidimensional wines for the Angels.
- The result is a Shiraz that stands out from the more traditional styles of Shiraz in South Africa. It shows the best of both regions without overpowering each other. A Shiraz style that is both prominent yet elegant.
"The fruit for this wine hadn’t been available to me before the tariffs were raised on the China market. I visited Sue Trott’s vineyard, took some photos and a video, sent them to Ray and said that we had, not only an opportunity to access some of the best fruit in the region, but also to help out one of my favourite growers (I make one of Australia’s best Grenaches from her vineyard over the road). Ray was sold on the idea and put in place a plan to make it happen. Gilo 22 Blewitt Springs Shiraz is the result.
McLaren Vale is a beautiful, historic region with some of the oldest and most varied geology of any region in the world. Combined with its proximity to the sea and the Mt Lofty Ranges, it has a wide variety of terroirs with Blewitt Springs being amongst the most revered of all of them. Blewitt Springs is a little higher than most of the vale and it is this higher altitude that provides a longer, cooler growing season which highlights the more aromatic, juicy qualities of Shiraz.
- This wine is definitively an Australian Shiraz but a combination of my winemaking style and the fruit quality of the region give it a real lift, beautiful aromatics and a rich, yet supple and energetic finish. I tend to pick a little earlier than some and this gives fruit in the red spectrum and a real succulence to the palate – think delicious ripe cherry fruit, some cassis, a little warm spice from the French oak ageing and a finish as smooth as silk."
Giles Cooke, Winemaker
- We like to think of this as Montaria's confident, super-hot older sister. Luis ensures only the best grapes are hand-picked to give his reserva a delicious intensity.
- Bundles of fresh strawberries, redcurrants and a subtle streak of oak make this wine ridiculously drinkable, accessible and a bargain at under a tenner.
- A weekend must with a cracking Sunday leg of lamb, or a weekday treat with your slippers on and feet firmly up. At this price, you can spoil yourself any day of the week - without your wallet even flinching.
- Stephen was the first winemaker to work with us and boy is he proof that the system works. Angels up-and-down the UK have a stash of his crowd-pleasing Shiraz on the rack at all times.
- This is a perfect example of a big South African red - full of flavour, smooth as silk and with a little lick of spice to round things off. It's a big wine for a small price.
- Open the bottle, show a frying pan a steak, briefly, then combine in mouth. Boom!
- Carmen is one of South Africa's finest winemakers, as one taste of her sumptuous Shiraz quickly illustrates.
- Carmen puts as much TLC into this £8.49 Shiraz as she does into her £20 wines. The grapes were carefully hand-picked through the night, to ensure they didn’t lose any of their deliciously concentrated flavours.
- You can taste Carmen’s care and attention in every sip of this big, fruity, spicy wine. It’s deep, dark, and brimming with rich, plummy fruit, with a kick of peppery spice on the finish that’ll leave you with a lovely warm glow.
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - this wine is her way of saying thank you!
- 2,500 Angels snapped up 30,000 bottles in just 48 hours in our MarketPlace deal! Don't worry if you missed out, Katie set some aside especially for you.
- Katie used the Angel investment to buy a beautiful old train station to turn into a winery - how cool is that?
- 18 months ago, you voted for me to make my fantasy Shiraz - So I decided to make you a one-off, special wine as a proper treat! I used Angel funding to secure fruit from an award-winning family vineyard I've been working with for years.
- The Whitegate vineyard is elevated above sea level - the cooler temperature means a longer growing season which really maxes the fruit’s flavour, resulting in something really quite special.
- I broke all the rules with this one, and the result has blown me away. It’s insanely delicious – rich and powerful yet velvety smooth to drink.
- Nina is always in and out of some great cellars and when she stumbled upon this seriously delicious drop she just had to snap it up for you Angels.
- This Shiraz is bouncy. So full of life, packed with juicy fruit, and plush. Just a hint of spice beneath the vibrant red fruits.
- Have it with a barbeque, or on its own with friends… and see if you can say the tongue twister after a bottle...