New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- Peter is the 14th generation of Kleins working as a winemaker so he really know his stuff.
- His fantastically fresh Pinot Gris is packed full of ripe pear and honeydew melon fruit with a spritz of zippy lemon on the finish. Rich, textured and powerful - it's classic Pinot Gris and it's absolutely delicious.
- This lively, dry white is an excellent pairing for grilled salmon or an earthy mushroom risotto.
- You may recognise Antonio Fattori as the genius who makes our sell-out Amarone and Soave wines. Well now he's producing our most-searched for white wine... Pinot Grigio.
- Antonio's Pinot Grigio oozes class, fresh pineapple and stone fruits on the nose with a delicious clean, fresh and fruity palate.
- The perfect summer glugger for enjoying in the sunshine with some grilled fish on the barbie!
- Stefano is a master winemaker who really knows how to get the best out of his grapes. When he saw this batch of delicious blush Pinot Grigio, he knew he wanted to give the wine that extra something special.
- Bright and vibrant in the glass, this lush pale blush is an explosion of peaches, pears, and nectarines on the nose and still as crisp as a green apple when you take a sip.
- Once you've grabbed yourself a sunny spot and a glass of Stefano's finest, you're all set to blissfully bask the afternoon away.
- Rod is our man on the ground in Hawke's Bay and he's a dab hand at bringing Angels mouthwateringly good wines that top our favourites chart year after year. His Pinot Gris is no different.
- Grapes from this region and of this quality usually cost a pretty penny but Angel funding meant Rod got his hands on them for a steal and he passed that saving straight on to you.
- It’s lively, vibrant and full of tropical fruit flavours, with a zingy finish. When you first taste it, you won’t be expecting this level of intensity. He’s managed to squeeze so much into each mouthful. It’s classy, complex, and brimming with wow-factor.
- What’s fresher than a spray of ocean air, and zestier than a lemon convention? If you answered Pinot Grigio, you’d be absolutely right. And, if you didn't, maybe it's time you gave it a try.
- Our Italian bubble genius, Paolo, has set his sights on this Italian stalwart... and boy, has he made it worth your while! This crisp beauty will zip across your taste buds with a slice of apple and a touch of white peach.
- At a slender 12% it can be enjoyed on its lonesome or as a companion for steaming hot pasta with a rich creamy sauce.
- Pinot Gris has been grown in the Pfalz region for some time. I love Pinot Gris as a wine… it is literally a Pinot Noir with no colour. It can be just as complex, and the finest examples are quite challenging to make.
- I wanted to make a fresher style of Pinot Gris which still has richness, texture and a sense of place. To do this I selected 3 vineyard sites (hence the *3*) for the project. The different vineyards all contribute to the complexity of the wine.
- The outcome is something pretty special. Succulent ripe fruity flavours of apple, melon and pear with a rich textural quality and a fresh crisp finish.
- Pinot Grigio is probably the most popular wine variety in the world right now. The region around Verona, where I grow my Pinot Grigio, has the best soil and micro climate for this kind of grape and wine - so I just had to make one for Angels!
- Naked Wines has changed my life, because they have given me the chance to do what I like. After the success of my first white last year, I asked Naked Wines if I could make a Pinot Grigio. The answer was 'yes, you can'... Just as easy as that!
- My Pinot Grigio is like a creamy fruit salad - it has the freshness of a crisp white, but still has that nice layered structure and length. This contrast makes it very enjoyable for many different palates, whether you're a red or a white lover.
- Pinot Gris grows very well in Waipara. The cool and dry weather means the fruit to ripen super slowly to develop beautiful body and ripeness. I've been working with Pinot Gris for over a decade and there are more nuances to the variety than you'd think!
- Thanks to Angel support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked.
- Fresh white pear and nectarine combine with preserved fig and baked quince on the nose and through the palate with a hint of cinnamon. Rich yet restrained and dry on the finish, a white wine with many layers suitable for pondering or drinking.
Angel funding helped Chris select high-quality Pinot Gris from his choice of 5 vineyards across Oregon’s famed Willamette Valley, to capture the signature crisp, zingy character and fruity complexity of this regional classic.
Compared to California, Oregon’s wineries are modest, mom and pop run affairs, yet their small-scale boutique wines have won world fame, and sell for top dollar in Michelin-starred restaurants everywhere. But Chris makes them for us at Angel prices.
It’s bursting with lively fruit flavours from white peach to melon, and a seriously crisp, refreshing finish. US Angels love this stuff so much that it took us 4 years to smuggle a batch out. If you love it as much as we think, we’ll get Chris to go long on the next vintage, we don’t want to wait another 4 years...
- Meet Nicky and Peter... Nicky is the winemaker and Peter is the grower. They are father and daughter, and combined have 49 years experience in the wine industry.
- When this father-daughter winemaking duo asked if Angels would like a small-production New Zealand Pinot Gris, we couldn't say yes fast enough.
- Harvested from the up-and-coming Waipara region, this crisp white is fresh and full of personality. The cool and dry weather allows the fruit to ripen gradually and slowly resulting in a lively, aromatic wine with notes of apples, pears and Turkish Delight...lush!