New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- Rod is our man on the ground in Hawke's Bay and he's a dab hand at bringing Angels mouthwateringly good wines that top our favourites chart year after year. His Pinot Gris is no different.
- Grapes from this region and of this quality usually cost a pretty penny but Angel funding meant Rod got his hands on them for a steal and he passed that saving straight on to you.
- It’s lively, vibrant and full of tropical fruit flavours, with a zingy finish. When you first taste it, you won’t be expecting this level of intensity. He’s managed to squeeze so much into each mouthful. It’s classy, complex, and brimming with wow-factor.
- Pinot Grigio is probably the most popular wine variety in the world right now. The region around Verona, where I grow my Pinot Grigio, has the best soil and micro climate for this kind of grape and wine - so I just had to make one for Angels!
- Naked Wines has changed my life, because they have given me the chance to do what I like. After the success of my first white last year, I asked Naked Wines if I could make a Pinot Grigio. The answer was 'yes, you can'... Just as easy as that!
- My Pinot Grigio is like a creamy fruit salad - it has the freshness of a crisp white, but still has that nice layered structure and length. This contrast makes it very enjoyable for many different palates, whether you're a red or a white lover.
- You may recognise Antonio Fattori as the genius who makes our sell-out Amarone and Soave wines. Well now he's producing our most-searched for white wine... Pinot Grigio.
- Antonio's Pinot Grigio oozes class, fresh pineapple and stone fruits on the nose with a delicious clean, fresh and fruity palate.
- The perfect summer glugger for enjoying in the sunshine with some grilled fish on the barbie!
- Very little Pinot Gris is grown in Ben's area of the Languedoc so when he saw the opportunity to grab a parcel of fruit he jumped on it and was able to secure it all thanks to Angel funding!
- Every year since then he has produced a mouth-wateringly delicious Pinot Gris' and this years vintage is no different.
- It's full of refreshing lime, lemon, pear, white nectarine and apple fruits, with a floral honeysuckle aroma. A twinkle of freshness makes it the perfect quaffer to enjoy in the garden on spring afternoons.
- Gus & Swan Altschwager and Mark & Emma Kenneally are two passionate Aussie and Kiwi couples who banded together to form a winemaking powerhouse down under. When their first drop landed on our shelves last year, 60,000 bottles sold out in 72 hours… Now they’re back to wow Angels all over again with the ultimate aromatic summer sipper from one of Marlborough’s top spots.
- As soon as this beauty hits your glass, it’ll release its heady scent of yellow stone fruit, fresh pear, quince and a hint of mango with ginger spice. Take a sip and you’ll be gurgling like a baby at its fruity flavours and moreish spicy finish, which lasts and lasts. All you need is a deck chair, a fridge, a sunny evening, and you’ll be in paradise.
- And not to mention! This Pinot Gris has won our Green Grape Award for wines that are friendlier to people and planet. A&K are super strict about using only the highest quality, sustainably-grown fruit to craft their beautifully expressive wines - so you can sip every last drop with a crystal clear conscience.
- Pinot Gris grows very well in Waipara. The cool and dry weather means the fruit to ripen super slowly to develop beautiful body and ripeness. I've been working with Pinot Gris for over a decade and there are more nuances to the variety than you'd think!
- Thanks to Angel support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked.
- Fresh white pear and nectarine combine with preserved fig and baked quince on the nose and through the palate with a hint of cinnamon. Rich yet restrained and dry on the finish, a white wine with many layers suitable for pondering or drinking.
- Mike's Pinot Gris is a belter! Insanely tropical, tongue-tingly and rich... with that super-crisp tropical fruitiness New Zealand is famous for. Sunshine in a bottle.
- With Sauvignon Blanc stealing all the praise for Marlborough, it’s easy to forget that it’s a paradise for other grapes too. Luckily Mike used Angel funding to snaffle a parcel of perfect Pinot Gris from an immaculate vineyard to create an absolute belter of a wine.
- WARNING: This wine is dangerously drinkable... with or without food. Don't say we didn't warn you!
- The Boy (Adrian) met the Girl (Rebecca) and this is the love child... a product of passion, hard work and bags of enthusiasm.
- Deliciously crisp with a fragrant scent of pears and apples and a hint of blush pink from keeping the grape skins in contact with the juice for a few hours... who'da thought that Pinot Grigio grapes are actually red in colour!
- The Aussie Angels keep most of this beauty for themselves so be sure to taste before we run out of our limited allocation.
- Peter is the 14th generation of Kleins working as a winemaker so he really know his stuff.
- His fantastically fresh Pinot Gris is packed full of ripe pear and honeydew melon fruit with a spritz of zippy lemon on the finish. Rich, textured and powerful - it's classic Pinot Gris and it's absolutely delicious.
- This lively, dry white is an excellent pairing for grilled salmon or an earthy mushroom risotto.
- Meet Nicky and Peter... Nicky is the winemaker and Peter is the grower. They are father and daughter, and combined have 49 years experience in the wine industry.
- When this father-daughter winemaking duo asked if Angels would like a small-production New Zealand Pinot Gris, we couldn't say yes fast enough.
- Harvested from the up-and-coming Waipara region, this crisp white is fresh and full of personality. The cool and dry weather allows the fruit to ripen gradually and slowly resulting in a lively, aromatic wine with notes of apples, pears and Turkish Delight...lush!