- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!
- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plump and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels, blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.
WE'RE NOT SURE
American winemaker Stephen makes some of the New World's most sought after wines. Very unlike the over-done fruit bombs you've come to expect, this modern shiraz is mega classy.
When we asked Stephen to make us a little side project, he jumped at the chance. He still gets to be his own boss and thanks to Angel funding you get his top-shelf talent at middle-shelf prices.
Ruby red in the glass, this delightful wine is full of mellow dark fruit, spicy black pepper and a smooth taste of smoky oaky warmth
- Carmen is one of South Africa's finest wine makers, as one taste of her superb Shiraz - made especially for our Angels - quickly illustrates.
- South Africa may have come late to the Shiraz ball, but it's played catch up quickly, and now produces some of the best in the world. This one, with its dark, rich plum fruit punch and smokey oaky, peppery finish is a delicious example.
- Punchy, explosive and with all the weight of a dozen half-backs, the only way to improve this wine is to drink it with a bit of cow that has been briefly shown the grill. A meat-eater's idea of heaven in a glass.
- Benjamin is one of our top winemakers, gaining credits all round with all our Angels. He's also a fabulously decent Frenchman. Even though we turned this down first time round, he still wanted his lovely Angels to enjoy it. We're so chuffed as it's an absolute blinder!
- It's a Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache that makes it a classically Southern French red - big ballsy, juicy berry fruits, with lots of gumption to back it up and a naughty, spicy finish.
- Think lamb, lamb and more lamb and then relish in the wonderful discount you get as an Angel.
- To get the best out of this wine, Ben recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking, add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order and open up all the flavours whilst looking uber-impressive on your festive dinner table!
- Thousands of you voted Franck as your Winemaker of the Year 2013, so we gave him carte blanche to make any wine he liked. Here's the result - his marvellous Montsant.
- Bursting with rich, sun-soaked fruits - it's super-smooth and oh-so-quaffable. Oh, and because it's from Spain's most under-rated region - it's yours for an absolute steal!
- Savvy customers bought most of this in advance on Marketplace - be sure to read the reviews and snap up what's left of it!
- Catoria Many Hands Red was commissioned by Naked Wines to honour the amazing two days of donations by the Angels as an aid to help learners in the schools around the Stellenbosch region.
- I made this Bordeaux-style blend from Stellenbosch fruit sourced only from the Helderberg Mountain. The fruit is all handpicked at optimal ripeness resulting in a complex powerhouse of a wine.
- The Many Hands Red 2016 is such an expressive wine on nose and palate. A beautiful example of BDX style of wine from South Africa - prominent dark chocolate and minty fruit expression fused with sweet spices of cinnamon and cardamom. A true keeper and a wine to show at celebrations.
Carmen Stevens, Winemaker
- Together with your support and Bondholder funding, Katie is back - and better than ever with her spectacular Old Vine Syrah.
- You've got gorgeously ripe blackberries by the bucketload, whilst a tingle of spicy licquorice dances on your tastebuds. Even better, it's been lovingly aged for extra depth and decadence thanks to bondholder funding.
- If you're a patient sort, you can lay this down for up to 5 years. If you're like us... you'll be snapping up a bottle now and cracking it open with a big fat juicy steak.
- Carmen Stevens hardly needs any introduction to most Angels. She’s the unsung winemaking hero you helped us pluck from obscurity in South Africa. Her latest Naked outing comes in the form of this voluptuous, versatile Cabernet blend from the sunshine-soaked Coastal Region.
- This is Carmen’s homage to Bordeaux, only better. Like Bordeaux it’s made from only premium, sophisticated grapes. But unlike Bordeaux, they come from the sun-drenched vineyards of South Africa, taking the flavour through the roof.
- This deep ruby drop is packed with intense blackcurrant fruits, with a hint of juicy red berries - finished off with a tender touch of posh oak. It's the best of both worlds in a bottle, just for you.
- Maury is usually known for fortified wines, but if you know where to look you can make some stonking reds from their old vines.
- When Ben got the opportunity to get a parcel of these precious grapes, he jumped on it.
- Rich, vibrant and juicy like the land the grapes are grown from. This wine will knock your socks off!