New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- Christian’s best-selling Italian blockbuster Appassimento remains one of our most popular wines of all time.
- Christian leaves the juicy grapes to sunbathe in the southern Italian sunshine - sending the flavour through the roof. The result is a wine that roars with power and muscle, but also charms you with that unmistakable Italian charm.
- Rich, smooth and satisfyingly powerful, every drop of this dark, brooding wine is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit, all wrapped in a big oaky hug. It’s a red lover’s dream.
- The Rhône is one of the world’s most historic wine regions. Finding hidden talent there is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
- In the wrong hands Côtes du Rhône can be watery and thin, but Denis’ Le Chene Noir is dark, deep, and bursting with fruit and spice. Made in a small human-scale co-op in the village of Cairanne in Southern France.
- Thanks to Denis, the wine co-op now gives work to more than 60 local families, keeping the village afloat and the shops and schools open. It’s a real community effort, and the people are proud of the part they play in the wines.
- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plush and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels, blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.
Cool nights on the slopes of Monte Agudo in southern Rioja meant Tom’s grapes could ripen nice and slowly to help bring about this fruity, juicy delight.
- It’s not only Tempranillo that has gone into his Flor de Luna though. Tom added in a smidge of Grenache to amp up the fruitiness (think red berries and fresh raspberries) as well as a drop of Viura for that elegant dash of pears and nectarines.
- If you like your Beaujolais reds and wines from the southern Rhone then pop this in your basket quick smart… it’s your chance to taste a traditional Rioja blend, made the traditional Rioja way.
- This is a big wine not to be taken lightly! A deep magenta in the glass with aromas of plum, dark berries, chocolate and raisins along with earthy hints and pepper, all combined to give layer upon layer of plush aromatic complexity. Be sure to decant to appreciate its full effect.
- The grapes for this wine are hand-grown and picked by Tait Hamilton from his vineyard in Heathcoate, on the border of the Mount Camel Ranges. Tait’s vineyard grows magnificent fruit, and it’s a pleasure to make wine from the best grapes.
- It’s pretty straight forward to make a good wine with fantastic fruit like this… but to show at its best it needs good (read expensive) new oak barrels. Bondholder funding helped me to buy the luxury oak which takes this wine to the next level. The funding is only part of the story, NW also links us to wonderful Angels which gives the wine a home.
Jesse Katz’s resume reads like a rock star’s telephone book. He’s one of America’s hottest young winemakers, whose wines have sold for up to $1 million at auction. But don’t panic. He’s made this top-quality Alexander Valley Cab Sav for us at Angel Prices.
Jesse sources his fruit from the best cool vineyard sites throughout Sonoma’s Alexander Valley, where the soils, climate and topography give the grapes a unique combination of richness and freshness. The grapes were all hand harvested and fermented in the best French oak barrels for 24 months at Jesse’s state of the art winery. The result is a classy and complex, yet deliciously rich blend of 82% Cabernet Sauvignon and 18% Merlot which hits every pleasure spot known to wine lovers.
The aromas just make you want to dive head first into the glass - waves of blackberries, blackcurrants, herbal notes and a subtle thread of vanilla from the oak. The palate is… if we had to sum it up in two words… concentrated decadence. Heaps of dark fruit all wrapped in a glossy sheen and with a power that belies the elegance of the wine. The chalky tannins are heaven itself. But it’s the endless length that impresses most. This is truly world class winemaking that will stand out from any other Sonoma Cab you’ve ever tried.
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - so this sensational wine is exclusive to you!
- BIG, full bodied and very concentrated. Tastes amazing now. But it'll be even more delicious if you can hold onto it for a few months (if you can resist it for that long).
- This is the flagship wine from one of our best-loved winemakers. But Katie only makes it in tiny quantities - so it won't be around for long.
- Whilst visiting my Terra Calda old vine Primitivo vineyards last year, I stumbled across these extra-special old Nero di Troia and Negroamaro vines. I've always loved the varieties from this region, and so I tried something I don't think the Italians have tried before - creating a seriously-special, unique blend.
- Working as a team with Naked Wines has given me flexibility and confidence in experimenting with these tiny vineyards, nestled deep South of Puglia. The result is a wine that's intensely deep in colour with elegant aromas of violet, dark chocolate, mocha and spice.
- The floral notes follow on to the palate, with dark cherries, blackberries and creamy vanilla notes, with a long lingering finish and firm, but balanced tannins. Still a baby, that will reward those who wait, but given several hours decanted, it opens up well already.
Dominic Hentall, Winemaker
- Benjamin is one of our top winemakers, gaining credits all round with all our Angels. He's also a fabulously decent Frenchman. Even though we turned this down first time round, he still wanted his lovely Angels to enjoy it. We're so chuffed as it's an absolute blinder!
- It's a Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache that makes it a classically Southern French red - big ballsy, juicy berry fruits, with lots of gumption to back it up and a naughty, spicy finish.
- Think lamb, lamb and more lamb and then relish in the wonderful discount you get as an Angel.
Before we discovered him, Dom spent 20 years making legendary wines for prestigious labels around the world. Now thanks to your funding and his contacts, he’s able to return to those special vineyards to make his own unique wines.
Made from ancient Nero D’Avola vines grown from Sicily’s volcanic soils. Dom makes sure that the grapes are hand picked in tiny volumes then aged in plush French oak barrels for over a year.
Dom’s inky deep Terra Nera is bursting with spicy dark fruits, peppery notes and a long, lingering finish. A unique wine, hard to find anywhere else.