WE'RE NOT SURE
- Christian’s best-selling Italian blockbuster Appassimento remains one of our most popular wines of all time.
- Christian leaves the juicy grapes to sunbathe in the southern Italian sunshine - sending the flavour through the roof. The result is a wine that roars with power and muscle, but also charms you with that unmistakable Italian charm.
- Rich, smooth and satisfyingly powerful, every drop of this dark, brooding wine is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit, all wrapped in a big oaky hug. It’s a red lover’s dream.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The Rhône is one of the world’s most historic wine regions. Finding hidden talent there is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
- In the wrong hands Côtes du Rhône can be watery and thin, but Denis’ Le Chene Noir was dark, deep, and bursting with fruit and spice. Made in a small human-scale co-op in the village of Cairanne in Southern France.
- Thanks to Denis, the wine co-op now gives work to more than 60 local families, keeping the village afloat and the shops and schools open. It’s a real community effort, and the people are proud of the part they play in the wines.
- We love to do things a little left field and this is a blend we’d been talking about for a while! We were finally able to get our hands on some really great fruit and thought it would be a perfect fit for our eclectic A&R range.
- Your faith in us and our ability is incredible, and it makes us want to work as hard as we can to bring them the best possible wines we can make. We’d never be given the opportunity to make a style like this if we were working anywhere else – it’s something most other winemakers only dream of!
- Durif is a big, bold powerhouse variety and the Shiraz brings balance and structure, which together creates a well-rounded, full bodied, in-your-face kind of red. It’s still a very, very young wine and we highly recommend you decant, decant, decant. We’re really excited about it and can’t wait for you to try it.
Adrian and Rebecca, Winemakers
- Macon Uchizy is one of the lesser known whites from Burgundy, but that's good news, because it means it doesn't cost as much as some of its pricier bedfellows from the region and therefore delivers great value.
- If you are a Chablis lover then this is one for you. It's a bone dry Chardonnay with a lovely minerality and a nice zing to the finish.
- It's a great partner for shellfish, but equally brilliant with more meaty fish dishes, such as monkfish or tuna.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Pure Aussie Cab that'll make you think you've fallen into the blackcurrant bush. Made by Aussie's young winemaker of the year 2009.
- Naked Australia has its nose to the grindstone to find new winemakers in Oz and we get to scoop up the cream of the crop.
- For the ultimate Aussie Cab experience, try this with linguine pasta with mushrooms, caramelized onions and a touch of thyme.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- My Rebel Shiraz is made with grapes from 4 different vineyards. The real trick is to wait for the full, ripe flavours to develop in the vineyard. After leaving the grapes to cold soak for a couple of days they're pressed and matured separately before blending into the final balanced wine.
- This wine sure packs a punch for it's price tag!!!! It has sooooo much flavour and depth, you won't believe you can pick this up for the Angel price! It's a wine for lovers of rich and full bodied reds, the flavours are full of ripe plum and berry fruit, with hints of chocolate and spice.
- A full, rich and deliciously smooth wine like this can handle a bit of heat from the kitchen... try it with Piri Piri chicken.
- Henri's Minervois beat off competition from 240 French wines to win our first Zero to Hero winemaker competition.
- This delicious Syrah/Grenache blend is bursting with Mediterranean sunshine and expensive French oak.
- We've snapped up whatever's left of it (not much), so get yours now before it's gone for good.
From the foothills of the Verdera mountain range comes Anna’s first wine for Angels and it’s an absolute beauty.
The Catalunian elements (we’re talking sun, sea and wind) have worked their magic on this sumptuous blend of Grenache, Mourvèdre and Syrah, with its deep violet colour and intense aromatic profile really making it stand out amongst the crowd.
Bursting with black fruits, with a hint of spiciness and pinch of wild Mediterranean herbs, enjoy the power, complexity and elegance of this wine. It’s safe to say we can expect great things from Anna!
- Franck used his Winemaker of the Year prize fund to create his dream wine - a meticulously crafted gem, from Spain's most prestigious region. And it's exclusive to you!
- This beauty is jam-packed with ripe red fruits, with a loooong lingering finish thanks to an extra year's ageing in the bottle. Magical stuff.
- Savvy customers bought most of the first vintage in advance on Marketplace - be sure to try this gem before it's snatched up.
- Your Golden Girl Carmen has been working on a parcel of perfect Pinotage.
- Carmen is one of the exceptional winemakers who knows exactly how to work wonders with the tricky Pinotage grape.
- With layer upon layer of ripe berry fruits, bags of complexity and a naughty lick of spice to finish - it's going to knock your socks off.