- Christian has created the Naked Godfather of the big reds - and it's at a price you won't believe.
- He semi-dried grapes in the Italian sunshine to create a deliciously intense wine like nothing we've tasted before.
- Every delicious sip is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit. It's dark, brooding, powerful and practically bursting with sumptuous Italian charm.
- Benjamin is one of our top winemakers, gaining credits all round with all our Angels. He's also a fabulously decent Frenchman. Even though we turned this down first time round, he still wanted his lovely Angels to enjoy it. We're so chuffed as it's an absolute blinder!
- It's a Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache that makes it a classically Southern French red - big ballsy, juicy berry fruits, with lots of gumption to back it up and a naughty, spicy finish.
- Think lamb, lamb and more lamb and then relish in the wonderful discount you get as an Angel.
- To get the best out of this wine, Ben recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking, add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order and open up all the flavours whilst looking uber-impressive on your festive dinner table!
- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plump and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels (Shiraz, Muscat, Merlot and a batch of super-charged vine-dried Shiraz), blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.
American winemaker Stephen makes some of the New World's most sought after wines. Very unlike the over-done fruit bombs you've come to expect, this modern shiraz is mega classy.
When we asked Stephen to make us a little side project, he jumped at the chance. He still gets to be his own boss and thanks to Angel funding you get his top-shelf talent at middle-shelf prices.
Ruby red in the glass, this delightful wine is full of mellow dark fruit, spicy black pepper and a smooth taste of smoky oaky warmth
- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!
- Carmen is one of South Africa's finest wine makers, as one taste of her superb Shiraz - made especially for our Angels - quickly illustrates.
- South Africa may have come late to the Shiraz ball, but it's played catch up quickly, and now produces some of the best in the world. This one, with its dark, rich plum fruit punch and smokey oaky, peppery finish is a delicious example.
- Punchy, explosive and with all the weight of a dozen half-backs, the only way to improve this wine is to drink it with a bit of cow that has been briefly shown the grill. A meat-eater's idea of heaven in a glass.
- Catoria Many Hands Red was commissioned by Naked Wines to honour the amazing two days of donations by the Angels as an aid to help learners in the schools around the Stellenbosch region.
- I made this Bordeaux-style blend from Stellenbosch fruit sourced only from the Helderberg Mountain. The fruit is all handpicked at optimal ripeness resulting in a complex powerhouse of a wine.
- The Many Hands Red 2016 is such an expressive wine on nose and palate. A beautiful example of BDX style of wine from South Africa - prominent dark chocolate and minty fruit expression fused with sweet spices of cinnamon and cardamom. A true keeper and a wine to show at celebrations.
Carmen Stevens, Winemaker
- We love to do things a little left field and this is a blend we’d been talking about for a while! We were finally able to get our hands on some really great fruit and thought it would be a perfect fit for our eclectic A&R range.
- Your faith in us and our ability is incredible, and it makes us want to work as hard as we can to bring them the best possible wines we can make. We’d never be given the opportunity to make a style like this if we were working anywhere else – it’s something most other winemakers only dream of!
- Durif is a big, bold powerhouse variety and the Shiraz brings balance and structure, which together creates a well-rounded, full bodied, in-your-face kind of red. It’s still a very, very young wine and we highly recommend you decant, decant, decant. We’re really excited about it and can’t wait for you to try it.
Adrian and Rebecca, Winemakers
- Carmen Stevens hardly needs any introduction to most Angels. She’s the unsung winemaking hero you helped us pluck from obscurity in South Africa. Her latest Naked outing comes in the form of this voluptuous, versatile Cabernet blend from the sunshine-soaked Coastal Region.
- This is Carmen’s homage to Bordeaux, only better. Like Bordeaux it’s made from only premium, sophisticated grapes. But unlike Bordeaux, they come from the sun-drenched vineyards of South Africa, taking the flavour through the roof.
- This deep ruby drop is packed with intense blackcurrant fruits, with a hint of juicy red berries - finished off with a tender touch of posh oak. It's the best of both worlds in a bottle, just for you.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The grapes for MB are found in a pebbled stony section of the vineyard where the 20 year old vines struggle to survive. This constant struggle produces a superior fruit which in turn ensures that MB is an excellent wine
- Strong black fruit flavours with smooth rounded velvety tannins. The influence of the french oak adds delicious toasted spicy notes and long finish. Heaven in a glass!
- MB should be served with a special meal and goes particularly well with roast lamb or beef. My pride and pleasure for you.