- When Naked asked me to make a delicious and affordable Aussie red, I knew just the wine for the job. A Shiraz with depth, intense fruit, and spice… with a hint of Viognier to give a touch of floral lift.
- There are so many great vineyards surrounding us, but having a route to market has always been the key, which is why we’ve remained a small wine business. Your funding allows me to focus on what I’m good at (winemaking), and my husband to focus on what he’s good at (growing grapes and breeding cattle).
- This is a wine with oodles of juicy dark red fruits – cherry, blackberry jam, and plum, with a hint of earth and oak.
- I'd suggest letting this wine chill out in the bottle a bit after its big journey overseas... one month ideally. Or if you can't wait that long, decanting will help all of the ripe, juicy delicious fruit to sing from the glass!
Nina Stocker, Winemaker
- Benjamin is one of our top winemakers, gaining credits all round with all our Angels. He's also a fabulously decent Frenchman. Even though we turned this down first time round, he still wanted his lovely Angels to enjoy it. We're so chuffed as it's an absolute blinder!
- It's a Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache that makes it a classically Southern French red - big ballsy, juicy berry fruits, with lots of gumption to back it up and a naughty, spicy finish.
- Think lamb, lamb and more lamb and then relish in the wonderful discount you get as an Angel.
- To get the best out of this wine, Ben recommends decanting it for 1-2 hours before drinking, add a Schott Zwiesel Decanter to your order and open up all the flavours whilst looking uber-impressive on your festive dinner table!
From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
- This is a big wine not to be taken lightly! A deep magenta in the glass with aromas of plum, dark berries, chocolate and raisins along with earthy hints and pepper, all combined to give layer upon layer of plush aromatic complexity. Be sure to decant to appreciate its full effect.
- The grapes for this wine are hand-grown and picked by Tait Hamilton from his vineyard in Heathcoate, on the border of the Mount Camel Ranges. Tait’s vineyard grows magnificent fruit, and it’s a pleasure to make wine from the best grapes.
- It’s pretty straight forward to make a good wine with fantastic fruit like this… but to show at its best it needs good (read expensive) new oak barrels. Bondholder funding helped me to buy the luxury oak which takes this wine to the next level. The funding is only part of the story, NW also links us to wonderful Angels which gives the wine a home.
- Carmen is one of South Africa's finest wine makers, as one taste of her superb Shiraz - made especially for our Angels - quickly illustrates.
- South Africa may have come late to the Shiraz ball, but it's played catch up quickly, and now produces some of the best in the world. This one, with its dark, rich plum fruit punch and smokey oaky, peppery finish is a delicious example.
- Punchy, explosive and with all the weight of a dozen half-backs, the only way to improve this wine is to drink it with a bit of cow that has been briefly shown the grill. A meat-eater's idea of heaven in a glass.
- Australia produces some of the most scrumptious Shiraz in the world... so when your golden boy Sam tipped us off about some top-notch grapes, we didn’t think twice about giving him the extra funding to snap 'em up.
- This is as full-flavoured as Shiraz gets. Bags of dark brambly fruit have been supercharged by all that lovely Aussie sun. Sam’s balanced the power-packed fruit with a peppery warmth, a creamy texture and a long jammy finish that just goes on forever.
- Smooth enough to drink on its own - or it’s perfect with a big bowl of spag bol or a bubbling lamb casserole. Yum.
- When Scott Feldtmann (who looks after the Gentle Annie vineyard) offered me some pristine fruit from his own vineyard, Major Plains, I knew it would be too good an opportunity to pass up! The vineyard is dry grown and produces a very small crop of intensely coloured and concentrated fruits.
- To show at its best, high end red wine needs new oak barrels, and these are expensive. Bond funding helped me to buy the best oak which lets this wine sing. Truth is, I wouldn’t be making this wine without the fantastic support of Bondholders!
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. It has a great intensity of flavour - rich and powerful with great length. There is also a velvetiness to it, which makes it attractive to drink rather than just being all about power. I hope you’ll be blown away by it!
- Meet Nicky and Peter... Nicky is the winemaker and Peter is the grower. They are father and daughter, and combined have 49 years experience in the wine industry.
- When this father-daughter winemaking duo asked if Angels would like a small-production New Zealand Pinot Gris, we couldn't say yes fast enough.
- Harvested from the up-and-coming Waipara region, this crisp white is fresh and full of personality. The cool and dry weather allows the fruit to ripen gradually and slowly resulting in a lively, aromatic wine with notes of apples, pears and Turkish Delight...lush!
Straight out of the Uco Valley comes this seriously classy Malbec from Mauricio. It’s a region well known for producing spectacular reds so it’s time to get excited!
In true Lorca style, he kept an eye on every step of the process, resulting in an absolute stunner that’s brimming with black fruits and delicious notes of both chocolate and vanilla. Yum.
This sumptuous, full bodied treat has a long, smooth finish and truly warms the cockles of our hearts. It’s a perfect winter warmer so stock up now!
- Christian has created the Naked Godfather of the big reds - and it's at a price you won't believe.
- He semi-dried grapes in the Italian sunshine to create a deliciously intense wine like nothing we've tasted before.
- Every delicious sip is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit. It's dark, brooding, powerful and practically bursting with sumptuous Italian charm.