- I've been making my old vine Primitivo in this area of Southern Italy - Puglia, for many years, and I've always wanted to release a really special selection with some of the finest tanks and barrels available.
- Having worked closely with the vineyards and winery for so long, I've been able to select the best parcels in this area to make a Primitivo that I know Angels will really love.
- This is a Primitivo for those who like their wines a dark inky red, with intense dark fruits and spice, and a perfect balance of finely integrated tannins and creamy oak.
- Christian’s best-selling Italian blockbuster Appassimento remains one of our most popular wines of all time.
- Christian leaves the juicy grapes to sunbathe in the southern Italian sunshine - sending the flavour through the roof. The result is a wine that roars with power and muscle, but also charms you with that unmistakable Italian charm.
- Rich, smooth and satisfyingly powerful, every drop of this dark, brooding wine is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit, all wrapped in a big oaky hug. It’s a red lover’s dream.
Stephen’s Merlot is absolutely soaked in warm Californian sunshine, it tastes awesome and is great value to boot!
Bursting with ripe and juicy blackberries, dark cherry and jammy plums followed by a dash of vanilla spice, it's the perfect tummy warmer.
Don’t be afraid to crack this wine open on any occasion. With food or without, it's the ultimate everyday drinker.
- Sam sourced the delicious and premium Zinfandel from a top-notch vineyard in the Strathbogie ranges. Good fruit, but the real story comes from the making...
- After pressing off the skins from his latest Shiraz vintage, Sam decided to leave his Zinfandel soaking with the skins. Re-passing the wine over this skins means it picks up way more bold and intense flavours and you get a richer, bigger, powerful wine.
- Deep red in the glass and full of plush plums, spicy currants and velvety tannins. Perfect for sharing with friends.
- I was lucky enough to use Angel funding to select three very special, sustainably grown vineyards, producing amazingly concentrated, inky Zinfandel with a lot of structure.
- I try to use a delicate touch to bring out the best in the fruit and really make the Zinfandel grapes shine in the soils I call home.
- Lavishing this fruit with lots of TLC in the winery, I've created a sumptuous, high-end wine that you can afford to open any day of the week.
- This is a big wine not to be taken lightly! A deep magenta in the glass with aromas of plum, dark berries, chocolate and raisins along with earthy hints and pepper, all combined to give layer upon layer of plush aromatic complexity. Be sure to decant to appreciate its full effect.
- The grapes for this wine are hand-grown and picked by Tait Hamilton from his vineyard in Heathcoate, on the border of the Mount Camel Ranges. Tait’s vineyard grows magnificent fruit, and it’s a pleasure to make wine from the best grapes.
- It’s pretty straight forward to make a good wine with fantastic fruit like this… but to show at its best it needs good (read expensive) new oak barrels. Bondholder funding helped me to buy the luxury oak which takes this wine to the next level. The funding is only part of the story, NW also links us to wonderful Angels which gives the wine a home.
- I have always wanted to make an all-inclusive, five varietal Bordeaux Blend, but never had the access to all five varieties - that is until this year! I stumbled upon a few gems in some special vineyards, and I could not resist the challenge to make this wine.
- This wine was born as an idea and only made a reality by the funds raised by the Angels. Thank you Naked Wines and Angels for making this amazing wine possible.
- On the nose there are black berries, black cherry pie filling, cedar and some mild coffee notes. The palate is packed with layered fruit, oak complexities evolving to a finely grained tannin and juicy fruity finish.
Back door wines are top notch wines sold off by prestigious wineries for rock-bottom prices in exchange for complete secrecy so we can’t tell you which vineyard this is from, but we can tell you it’s famous neighbours include Rioja and Ribera del Duero...
- It’s been barrel aged to perfection using the same plush barrels as super posh Reserva wines do and boasts ripe berry aromas, typical of Tempranillo grapes, and a complex bouquet of delicate spices and hints of vanilla.
Tuck into this fresh yet full bodied, velvety smooth red and savoury every second of that long, luxurious finish, safe in the knowledge you're drinking a top-quality wine without having paid the hefty price tag!
- My Kimbao X is a celebration of 10 years making wines for Angels. Turns out that losing my 'nice and comfortable' job at a large Chilean winery was the best thing to ever happen to me - so thank you Angels!
- Nothing feels better than the freedom to create wonderful wines like this, for people who just love to drink it. I feel incredibly proud to be able to bring you this unique and special blend of Syrah, Cabernet, Malbec, Carmenere and Petit Verdot.
- It's an intense blend, full of ripe, juicy blackberries, raspberries and plums fruits and a hint of spice, with a rich, long finish. I hope it will take pride of place on many Christmas tables this year!
- Sam spent years making his name as the star of Aussie Shiraz, winning heaps of prestigious medals and the Best Shiraz in Australia trophy in the process.
- Thanks to Angel funding, he’s now running a shiny winery of his own. And stunning gems like this Reserve Shiraz are his way of saying thank you!
- Deliciously juicy, spicy and smooth, it’s made using the very best grapes he could get his rock–star hands on.