- Christian has created the Naked Godfather of the big reds - and it's at a price you won't believe.
- He semi-dried grapes in the Italian sunshine to create a deliciously intense wine like nothing we've tasted before.
- Every delicious sip is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit. It's dark, brooding, powerful and practically bursting with sumptuous Italian charm.
- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plump and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels, blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.
From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
- Australia produces some of the most scrumptious Shiraz in the world... so when your golden boy Sam tipped us off about some top-notch grapes, we didn’t think twice about giving him the extra funding to snap 'em up.
- This is as full-flavoured as Shiraz gets. Bags of dark brambly fruit have been supercharged by all that lovely Aussie sun. Sam’s balanced the power-packed fruit with a peppery warmth, a creamy texture and a long jammy finish that just goes on forever.
- Smooth enough to drink on its own - or it’s perfect with a big bowl of spag bol or a bubbling lamb casserole. Yum.
- When Scott Feldtmann (who looks after the Gentle Annie vineyard) offered me some pristine fruit from his own vineyard, Major Plains, I knew it would be too good an opportunity to pass up! The vineyard is dry grown and produces a very small crop of intensely coloured and concentrated fruits.
- To show at its best, high end red wine needs new oak barrels, and these are expensive. Bond funding helped me to buy the best oak which lets this wine sing. Truth is, I wouldn’t be making this wine without the fantastic support of Bondholders!
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. It has a great intensity of flavour - rich and powerful with great length. There is also a velvetiness to it, which makes it attractive to drink rather than just being all about power. I hope you’ll be blown away by it!
- Meet Nicky and Peter... Nicky is the winemaker and Peter is the grower. They are father and daughter, and combined have 49 years experience in the wine industry.
- When this father-daughter winemaking duo asked if Angels would like a small-production New Zealand Pinot Gris, we couldn't say yes fast enough.
- Harvested from the up-and-coming Waipara region, this crisp white is fresh and full of personality. The cool and dry weather allows the fruit to ripen gradually and slowly resulting in a lively, aromatic wine with notes of apples, pears and Turkish Delight...lush!
- When Mauricio hinted he might have access to some super special Petit Verdot grapes from the Uco Valley, we had to jump at the chance.
- Hand-harvested and specially selected for Angels, this wine has been made with all of Mauricio's talent and finesse.
- Deep violet-red in the glass and bursting full of blackberries, blueberries and violets, with just a dash of cocoa. Delicious.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- We are whipping out the big guns and that starts with this show stopping Top Shelf Cabernet Merlot from Stuart Pym.
- The nose is rich and complex with fresh fruit impacts of lifted red and blue berries, damask plum and hints of cassis. This is all floating with subtle cedary notes from the French Oak.
- A rich lush wine of profound generosity, yet a retained sense of elegance with every sip. Mulberries, plums and blackberries enchant with every sip. The Merlot creates a perfect wine to drink now and combined with the Cabernet Sauvignon packs in tannins making it perfect to lay down for a few years too (if you can resist).
My son Franco and I hope you enjoy our ‘father-son’ wine as much as we do. We harvested these grapes and hand-made the wine together. This was his very first time - so this wine is very close to my heart.
This is the most special Malbec I've ever had the opportunity to create. It's been resting in French oak barrels for the past 12 months and now it's ready to savour. Red and deep violet in colour with aromas of blackcurrant, cassis, coffee and tobacco. It's rich, velvety and delicious now, but will keep on getting better and better until 2033!
Thank you for enabling me to share the passion of our family and our land to make fine, age-worthy wines like this for you.
- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!