Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
- Paolo Sacchetto is a minor genius when it comes to working with bubbles, as you'll work out from the very first mouthful of this light fizzy delight.
- It's Frizzante, which means rather than a full bubble blow out we're talking lightly sparkling, in other words a nice soft tingle on the tongue. Paolo's packed this Frizzante into a screwcap, 'There's no faffing about with corks, these bubbles come in a screw cap bottle, preserving those light bubbles perfectly'
- It’s fresh, fruity and dangerously easy to drink... and at this price, you don't have to feel guilty popping a bottle open on a Monday night.
- Sparkling red wines aren't well known outside of their home in Emilia Romagna but that didn't stop Daniele from wanting to bring Angels this light, bubbly delight!
- Deep red colour and chock-full of red-fruit flavours, this off-dry wine is flying the flag for red bubbles everywhere.
- It's all thanks to Angel funding that Daniele can finally introduce you to his oh-so-fruity Lambrusco so grab a glass, raise it to yourself for making dreams come true then sit back, relax and discover the delights of this little region of Italy.
- When you think of Italian fizz, there's no doubt a different 'P' comes to mind. Well times are changing and there's a new kid in town.
- New man Daniele Artioli has brought us our very first Pignoletto from the hilly areas of Bologna, and it's a corker.
- Pignoletto is the secret Italian fizz that's ahead of the curve. It's softer, fruiter and a fraction of the price.
- Perfect as an aperitif, to drink nicely chilled on it's own or enjoyed with fish, meats or cheese, this really is a fizz for all occassions.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Savoie, in the heart of the French Alps, is home to Gilles and his family. They’ve been making top-notch wines there for over 7 generations.
- Gilles loves to champion native varieties and introduce people to grapes they may never even have heard of before. Cue the Jacquere! It’s deliciously gluggable, fresh, fruity and goes with just about any summer dishes you may have in mind.
- This is Gilles’ first wine for Angels and it’s safe to say he’s setting the bar high. So if you like a glass of fruity Pinot Gris then scoop this up straight away, you won’t be disappointed!
Being a big producer, Alessandro has access to some amazing parcels of grapes. This Prosecco is his pride and joy.
Crisp apples, soft pear and a bright citrus zing make it a stonking match with seafood. And at pretty much less than half the price of a bottle of traditional Champagne it's top value.
To give you an idea of how insanely good it is, we're looking around the office and we can see more empty bottles of it than modesty allows us to admit...
- There’s no doubt that Paolo is a bit of a genius when it comes to working with bubbles, and this lightly sparkling delight is proof if ever you needed it.
- It's Frizzante, which means rather than a full on bubble blow out we're talking lightly sparkling, in other words a nice soft tingle on the tongue, with all the delicious flavours of a juicy punnet of strawberries.
- Paolo's packed this Frizzante into a screwcap, 'There's no faffing about with corks, these bubbles come in a screw cap bottle, preserving those light bubbles perfectly'. This is the perfect aperitif. Hell, it's perfect anytime, anywhere, anyplace.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Crémant is France’s best kept sparkling wine secret. It’s made using the same posh grapes as Champagne, with the same traditional method. The only difference is the location… and in Ben’s case, we’re talking about none other than super-smart Burgundy so you’re in good hands!
- Ben has named his first ever sparkling wine ‘Vigneron’s Wife’, after his beloved wife (and Crémant fanatic) Kat. She has been there through it all, from his first year at Naked when he scrambled together 12,000 bottles, to today, with Angels getting through over a million a year!
- More refined than Prosecco and more approachable than Champagne. It’s a classy, bubbly delight just like Mrs Darnault herself - and a wine that’s truly been made with love.
- Paolo is the King of Prosecco and even though our Italian is rusty, we know what "Superiore" means!
- This is the really top shelf fizz that usually doesn't even leave the country, but you can get your hands on it thanks to our special relationship with Paolo.
- Full of crisp apples, fresh pear and zippy citrus, bubbles this tasty don't even require a special occasion. Stick this in the fridge and pop a bottle just because the sun is shining.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is an 100% Pink Muscat from the Lorca’s estate at El Mirador. It’s in the heart of Argentina's wine country; Mendoza, so you can expect the best.
- Mauricio wanted to showcase a grape that has been left in the background for many years and carefully hand harvested them; showing the level of care and attention he puts into his wines.
- This sweet, fresh wine boasts stunning fruity, floral aromas. Think peaches and apricots and you’ll be bang on. It’s one that will shine alongside spices such as ginger, cinnamon and cardamom so bear that in mind if going through the recipe book!
- Katie's little sweetie has it all. Think mouth-watering honeysuckle, with a dollop of exotic turkish delight and a fresh, fragrant elderflower finish that'll dance across your tongue and leave it begging for more.
- Archangel Robbie sums up this delicious drop perfectly... "I defy someone to not enjoy this. Even if you don't like dessert wine"- we reckon he's right!
- Katie recommends you grab yourself a posh bar of indulgent 60% dark chocolate and go wild!