WE'RE NOT SURE
Being a big producer, Alessandro has access to some amazing parcels of grapes. This Prosecco is his pride and joy.
Crisp apples, soft pear and a bright citrus zing make it a stonking match with seafood. And at pretty much less than half the price of a bottle of traditional Champagne it's top value.
To give you an idea of how insanely good it is, we're looking around the office and we can see more empty bottles of it than modesty allows us to admit...
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Our Noble Riesling is a golden dessert wine, with aromas of marmalade and straw. It's a rich and sweet wine that is at the same time juicy refreshing. And because it's so concentrated there are actually more grapes that go into this 375ml bottle than would go into a full 750ml of dry Riesling!
- We've been making a dry Riesling for Angels since 2011, however there are also vines of Riesling that grow alongside ours that have been making trophy winning stickies for years. With Naked Wines backing us all the way, we knew we could take the risk.
- Sticky winemaking is a very risky venture - you need just the right conditions to allow the 'good' (or 'noble') form of botrytis to develop on, but not overpower, the grapes. Fortunately the weather gods smiled upon us with perfect weather, so the winemaking was a cinch and the wine is looking great.
Bill & Claudia Small, Winemaker
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Crémant is France’s best kept sparkling wine secret. It’s made using the same posh grapes as Champagne, with the same traditional method. The only difference is the location… and in Ben’s case, we’re talking about none other than super-smart Burgundy so you’re in good hands!
- Ben has named his first ever sparkling wine ‘Vigneron’s Wife’, after his beloved wife (and Crémant fanatic) Kat. She has been there through it all, from his first year at Naked when he scrambled together 12,000 bottles, to today, with Angels getting through over a million a year!
- More refined than Prosecco and more approachable than Champagne. It’s a classy, bubbly delight just like Mrs Darnault herself - and a wine that’s truly been made with love.
- Cava gets a bad rep. But this stuff’ll change your opinion for good.
- We couldn't be prouder of the grapey, apple laden fist of fizziness that Franck's delicious Cava punches out with every mouthful.
- Best of all Angels get it a ridiculously low price, allowing you to splash out on a little hot-smoked salmon alongside it.
- If you've not tried a lightly sparkling Moscato before, then you cannot start with a better example than this. Magnificent and only 7% ABV because not all the sugar is converted to alcohol.
- Worry not about the sweetness however. Whilst it does taste sweet in the mouth, it has a wonderful zippy, racy zing to it, that offsets the sugar. It's a little bit like drinking liquid lemon sorbet and just as bloomin' refreshing when served nice and chilled.
- Winemaker Paolo recommends it with cake of all kinds. We agree!!!