Over in Argentina the Pedro Gimenez grape is a much loved part of their winemaking history and one of it’s best kept secrets and Mauricio is super stoked to finally be able to share it with Angels.
Made with that well-known sprinkling of Lorca magic, if you like your crisp, fresh and dangerously quaffable whites then you are in for a treat! Pale in colour, with aromas of green apples and a hint of grapefruit - it’s no wonder this is what those in the know are all drinking.
As the days get longer and temperatures begin to creep up, make sure you have this one at the ready; it’s a perfect summer crusher that’s just calling out for those sun filled days.
- This is an 100% Pink Muscat from the Lorca’s estate at El Mirador. It’s in the heart of Argentina's wine country; Mendoza, so you can expect the best.
- Mauricio wanted to showcase a grape that has been left in the background for many years and carefully hand harvested them; showing the level of care and attention he puts into his wines.
- This sweet, fresh wine boasts stunning fruity, floral aromas. Think peaches and apricots and you’ll be bang on. It’s one that will shine alongside spices such as ginger, cinnamon and cardamom so bear that in mind if going through the recipe book!
Straight from a gorgeous little vineyard in the breathtaking Hunter Valley comes Thomas’ Wiley Rooster Rose. He gushed at how great the land was to work and says it produced something really rather special in 2018 which he couldn’t wait to share with Angels, and here it is!
Beautiful pale pink in colour with aromas of fresh strawberries and a subtle hint of Turkish Delight, this is a fresh, well-balanced and utterly delicious rose that we just can’t get enough of.
Thomas says this one is best enjoyed with some fresh seafood, a delicious cheese platter or simply by itself, curled up with a good book.
- Last year we asked what new wines Angels want to see on the site. You replied loud and clear that you want more entry level wines. So we set out on a mission to find you some affordable gems… and boy have we found a beauty!
- The know-how and passion of the Gayrel Vineyard team make it possible to produce wines that guarantee authenticity, modernity, originality and tradition but give you great bang for your buck. The price is frankly ridiculous...
- This Sauvignon captures the intense aromas of grapefuit, lemon and lime whilst flooding the mouth with subtle and delicate flavours. Be warned - a wine of this quality, from a super talented new winemaking duo at such a bargain price isn’t going to last long.
- Haven't heard of Peter Klein? You'll be hearing a lot more about him over the next few years - he came second in Germany's Young Winemaker of the Year 2009. The word 'Trocken' is German for dry, which means that this Riesling is full of flavour AND ultra-refreshing.
- You can expect bags of mouth-wateringly juicy white peach flavour, with lifts of lemon and apple for a bit of punch and power. It's rounded, fragrant, and deliciously dry.
- For a Riesling of this quality, you'd normally pay double this price - but thanks to Angel funding, it's yours at the right price. So good with Thai food that the takeaway practically dials itself...
- I live in one of the historical wine regions of Hungary, and of all the varieties I have worked with in the past, my favourite by far is Pinot Grigio. So when Naked Wines gave me to opportunity to produce one, I couldn't say no!
- Because the grapes are grown across such a large area, I had the opportunity to get the best grapes from the best areas. The result is an elegant, crisp, light coloured wine with a smooth, spicy and slightly herbal aroma.
- I love drinking this wine paired with a fillet of fish fried in butter with bacon and sun-dried tomato ragu - my idea of heaven! I hope you enjoy this wine as much as I do!
- Beerenauslese literally means 'select harvest of berries' and that's exactly what Gerd has done to create this 37.5cl bottle of unctuous sweet goodness!
- The juicy Scheurebe and Riesling grapes are left on the vines to develop a gorgeously intense sweetness and concentration of flavour.
- Just wonderful with a huge slice of lemon meringue pie and a generous serving of cream. Perfection.
Savoie, in the heart of the French Alps, is home to Gilles and his family. They’ve been making top-notch wines there for over 7 generations.
- Gilles loves to champion native varieties and introduce people to grapes they may never even have heard of before. Cue the Jacquere! It’s deliciously gluggable, fresh, fruity and goes with just about any summer dishes you may have in mind.
- This is Gilles’ first wine for Angels and it’s safe to say he’s setting the bar high. So if you like a glass of fruity Pinot Gris then scoop this up straight away, you won’t be disappointed!
- A wine made at low-temperature to retain the fantastic aromas of the specially-selected, hand-picked grapes.
- The colour is pale yellow with greenish hues. For taste, think white fruit and subtle floral notes with a good whack of minerality on the finish. Pow!
- With its fruity, fresh mouth feel it pairs well with steamed vegetables, or pasta topped with cheese or creamy sauce.
Being a big producer, Alessandro has access to some amazing parcels of grapes. This Prosecco is his pride and joy.
Crisp apples, soft pear and a bright citrus zing make it a stonking match with seafood. And at pretty much less than half the price of a bottle of traditional Champagne it's top value.
To give you an idea of how insanely good it is, we're looking around the office and we can see more empty bottles of it than modesty allows us to admit...