WE'RE NOT SURE
- Crémant is France’s best kept sparkling wine secret. It’s made using the same posh grapes as Champagne, with the same traditional method. The only difference is the location… and in Ben’s case, we’re talking about none other than super-smart Burgundy so you’re in good hands!
- Ben has named his first ever sparkling wine ‘Vigneron’s Wife’, after his beloved wife (and Crémant fanatic) Kat. She has been there through it all, from his first year at Naked when he scrambled together 12,000 bottles, to today, with Angels getting through over a million a year!
- More refined than Prosecco and more approachable than Champagne. It’s a classy, bubbly delight just like Mrs Darnault herself - and a wine that’s truly been made with love.
Franck Massard spent 7 years as a top Sommelier – serving ultra-expensive wines to the most demanding clients in Michelin-starred restaurants, so it’s fair to say he knows his stuff.
He put his years of experience to the test and has produced this stunningly refreshing crisp and light white. Bright citrus, soft peaches and delicate floral aromas make this the definition of drinkable.
A perfect thirst quencher, this wine is great on it’s own or paired with something a bit spicy. Dee-lish!
- This is an 100% Pink Muscat from the Lorca’s estate at El Mirador. It’s in the heart of Argentina's wine country; Mendoza, so you can expect the best.
- Mauricio wanted to showcase a grape that has been left in the background for many years and carefully hand harvested them; showing the level of care and attention he puts into his wines.
- This sweet, fresh wine boasts stunning fruity, floral aromas. Think peaches and apricots and you’ll be bang on. It’s one that will shine alongside spices such as ginger, cinnamon and cardamom so bear that in mind if going through the recipe book!
Straight from a gorgeous little vineyard in the breathtaking Hunter Valley comes Thomas’ Wiley Rooster Rose. He gushed at how great the land was to work and says it produced something really rather special in 2018 which he couldn’t wait to share with Angels, and here it is!
Beautiful pale pink in colour with aromas of fresh strawberries and a subtle hint of Turkish Delight, this is a fresh, well-balanced and utterly delicious rose that we just can’t get enough of.
Thomas says this one is best enjoyed with some fresh seafood, a delicious cheese platter or simply by itself, curled up with a good book.
- Here it is. The new vintage of Charles and Ruth's sparkling rose... and it's an absolute beauty. Pale pink bubbles with serious finesse, super-crisp and bursting with fresh strawberries... with a dollop of whipped cream to finish.
- These delicate pink bubbles of mouth-watering happiness are exclusive to you - and it's all thanks to your Angel funding.
- Posh looking, posh tasting, Rose Champagne style at Languedoc prices - you're on to a winner.
- Paolo is the King of Prosecco and even though our Italian is rusty, we know what "Superiore" means!
- This is the really top shelf fizz that usually doesn't even leave the country, but you can get your hands on it thanks to our special relationship with Paolo.
- Full of crisp apples, fresh pear and zippy citrus, bubbles this tasty don't even require a special occasion. Stick this in the fridge and pop a bottle just because the sun is shining.
Savoie, in the heart of the French Alps, is home to Gilles and his family. They’ve been making top-notch wines there for over 7 generations.
- Gilles loves to champion native varieties and introduce people to grapes they may never even have heard of before. Cue the Jacquere! It’s deliciously gluggable, fresh, fruity and goes with just about any summer dishes you may have in mind.
- This is Gilles’ first wine for Angels and it’s safe to say he’s setting the bar high. So if you like a glass of fruity Pinot Gris then scoop this up straight away, you won’t be disappointed!
- Sparkling red wines aren't well known outside of their home in Emilia Romagna but that didn't stop Daniele from wanting to bring Angels this light, bubbly delight!
- Deep red colour and chock-full of red-fruit flavours, this off-dry wine is flying the flag for red bubbles everywhere.
- It's all thanks to Angel funding that Daniele can finally introduce you to his oh-so-fruity Lambrusco so grab a glass, raise it to yourself for making dreams come true then sit back, relax and discover the delights of this little region of Italy.
- The talented Peter Klein is currently crafting some of the best wines to come out of Germany. You'll be pleased to hear that this delightful Muskateller is definitely no exception - light, fresh and a lunchtime blues-beating 10% ABV. What more could you want?
- You like your wines to be full of flavour... but not too sweet. It's that elusive 'right kind of off-dry' that Peter has skilfully bottled by the barrel-load for you. Full of scrumptiously exotic lychee and juicy ripe pear, all balanced with a lift of lemon and a mouth-wateringly fragrant finish.
- Thanks to your Angel funding, you're getting a world-class wine for a steal. Snap up a bottle (or two) and try it with some succulent smoked salmon. It's wonderful for washing down that cheeky slice of cake, too...
“Methode Traditionnelle”, the same winemaking process used in Champagne and our Sparkling 1816 is a blend of 70% Chardonnay and 30% Folle Blanche. The Chardonnay brings aromatics and fruitiness and the Folle Blanche, a dry, local and historic varietal, brings freshness and elegance.
From grape to glass, we are there for every step of the winemaking process and are so proud to bring Angels this handcrafted, family wine. Enjoy the fine bubbles, notes of quince and brioche and great freshness in the mouth.
The name is a tribute to Joseph Gregoire, the first Lieubeau, who was left abandoned as an orphan in the porch of the hospital in Nantes in 1816. He was the founder of both our family and winery.