- There’s no doubt that Paolo is a bit of a genius when it comes to working with bubbles, and this lightly sparkling delight is proof if ever you needed it.
- It's Frizzante, which means rather than a full on bubble blow out we're talking lightly sparkling, in other words a nice soft tingle on the tongue, with all the delicious flavours of a juicy punnet of strawberries.
- Paolo's packed this Frizzante into a screwcap, 'There's no faffing about with corks, these bubbles come in a screw cap bottle, preserving those light bubbles perfectly'. This is the perfect aperitif. Hell, it's perfect anytime, anywhere, anyplace.
- The boy met the girl and this is the love child. A product of passion, hard work and bags of enthusiasm.
- Light, zippy and classically fruit laden, this white will have your taste buds dancing for joy. A crowd pleasing all-rounder with or without food.
- A mixed fruit salad of aromas assaults the senses, with punchy fruit flavours of passionfruit, guava and lemon sherbet lingering on the palate.
- Paolo Sacchetto is the indisputable King of Prosecco - he's the winemaker behind some of our top-rated, Angel favourite bubbles and he's got a brand new sparkling pink number to add to the high achieving ranks.
- He's been listening carefully to your comments and requests, going back to the drawing board to make his Angels this delightfully fresh and exceptionally bright Rose Prosecco.
- Using a classy combo of Pinot Noir and the classic Glera grapes he uses in the Prosecco we all know and love, Paolo has made a super elegant, pale pink Prosecco. With fresh summer berries and redcurrants on the nose and flavours of dried raspberries and crisp apples, it's a sparkling summer must-have.
- Paolo Sacchetto is a minor genius when it comes to working with bubbles, as you'll work out from the very first mouthful of this light fizzy delight.
- It's Frizzante, which means rather than a full bubble blow out we're talking lightly sparkling, in other words a nice soft tingle on the tongue. Paolo's packed this Frizzante into a screwcap, 'There's no faffing about with corks, these bubbles come in a screw cap bottle, preserving those light bubbles perfectly'
- It’s fresh, fruity and dangerously easy to drink... and at this price, you don't have to feel guilty popping a bottle open on a Monday night.
- Paolo is the King of Prosecco and even though our Italian is rusty, we know what "Superiore" means!
- This is the really top shelf fizz that usually doesn't even leave the country, but you can get your hands on it thanks to our special relationship with Paolo.
- Full of crisp apples, fresh pear and zippy citrus, bubbles this tasty don't even require a special occasion. Stick this in the fridge and pop a bottle just because the sun is shining.
- Our Noble Riesling is a golden dessert wine, with aromas of marmalade and straw. It's a rich and sweet wine that is at the same time juicy refreshing. And because it's so concentrated there are actually more grapes that go into this 375ml bottle than would go into a full 750ml of dry Riesling!
- We've been making a dry Riesling for Angels since 2011, however there are also vines of Riesling that grow alongside ours that have been making trophy winning stickies for years. With Naked Wines backing us all the way, we knew we could take the risk.
- Sticky winemaking is a very risky venture - you need just the right conditions to allow the 'good' (or 'noble') form of botrytis to develop on, but not overpower, the grapes. Fortunately the weather gods smiled upon us with perfect weather, so the winemaking was a cinch and the wine is looking great.
Bill & Claudia Small, Winemaker
- This elegant, fruity white medal-winner from Christophe and Sébastien is the ultimate aperitif for all of your summer soirees this year.
- From Gascony, the so called 'Little Tuscany' of France, this is a deeply aromatic and distinctive number, with crisp aromas of freshly cut grass and white flowers on the nose, and crisp cox apples and juicy stone fruit flavours.
- An easy drinker down to the last drop - it's the kind of wine that is guaranteed to have your friends asking to borrow a biro so they have the name jotted down for later.
- Cava gets a bad rep. But this stuff’ll change your opinion for good.
- We couldn't be prouder of the grapey, apple laden fist of fizziness that Franck's delicious Cava punches out with every mouthful.
- Best of all Angels get it a ridiculously low price, allowing you to splash out on a little hot-smoked salmon alongside it.
- The talented Peter Klein is currently crafting some of the best wines to come out of Germany. You'll be pleased to hear that this delightful Muskateller is definitely no exception - light, fresh and a lunchtime blues-beating 10% ABV. What more could you want?
- You like your wines to be full of flavour... but not too sweet. It's that elusive 'right kind of off-dry' that Peter has skilfully bottled by the barrel-load for you. Full of scrumptiously exotic lychee and juicy ripe pear, all balanced with a lift of lemon and a mouth-wateringly fragrant finish.
- Thanks to your Angel funding, you're getting a world-class wine for a steal. Snap up a bottle (or two) and try it with some succulent smoked salmon. It's wonderful for washing down that cheeky slice of cake, too...
“Methode Traditionnelle”, the same winemaking process used in Champagne and our Sparkling 1816 is a blend of 70% Chardonnay and 30% Folle Blanche. The Chardonnay brings aromatics and fruitiness and the Folle Blanche, a dry, local and historic varietal, brings freshness and elegance.
From grape to glass, we are there for every step of the winemaking process and are so proud to bring Angels this handcrafted, family wine. Enjoy the fine bubbles, notes of quince and brioche and great freshness in the mouth.
The name is a tribute to Joseph Gregoire, the first Lieubeau, who was left abandoned as an orphan in the porch of the hospital in Nantes in 1816. He was the founder of both our family and winery.