Núria Altés and Rafael de Haan
Angels threw Núria and Rafael a lifeline. Now they're repaying you with authentic wines from the Terra Alta region
Núria Altés and Rafael's Wines
- 8 wines
- 5 styles
- 1× rich white
- 2× fruity whites
- 2× big reds
- 1× fruity red
- 2× rosés
- Núria Altés comes from a long line of grape-growers. From playing in her grandfather’s vines as a child to bottling her first wine with her father’s grapes, Núria is proud of her winemaking roots. So in 2010 Núria and her partner Rafael set up a little winery in the Terra Alta region - called Herència Altés.
- What makes their wines so special is the grapes come exclusively from Núria's family vineyards which hosts a selection of seasoned old vines ranging from 40 to 90 years old. In other words your getting impeccaple concentrated flavours you don't find on the average supermarket shelf.
- They’ve gone from strength to strength, picking up awards and Parker Points galore. That was until Covid-19 turned their world upside down. Luckily, 3,000 Angels stepped in and snapped a case of their premium wines. Angel support means they can plan their future harvests with confidence.
Núria Altés and Rafael de Haan's Story
Núria's and Rafael's Story
When we launched our Covid-19 fund to support at-risk winemakers Eamon our Wine Guy was looking and hoping for three things:
1. Amazing wine.
2. Great value that usually comes from an unsung wine region
3. He wanted to be sure that we were helping winemakers whose businesses
have been materially affected by the disruption
Núria Altés and Rafael de Haan’s Terra Alta wines were the first to show up on Eamon’s doorstep and to his delight, ticked every box.
Núria and Rafael couldn’t be more ideal for Naked
Núria is a local girl born and bred in the village of Batea, in the Terra Alta region of Catalunya. Her family have grown grapes in the area for generations. Rafael is Dutch, but they’re both from wine families. Rafael moved to Spain 20 years ago, where he met Núria, fell in love, and decided to stay. In 2010 they set up a little winery in Batea, calling it Herència Altés, in homage to her family name which comes from Terra Alta the region. She’s so proud of her roots; she decided to buy her father’s grapes and turn them into wines that carried that family name on the bottle. Herència Altés was born.
Núria is proud to be a premium producer of authentic wines from the Terra Alta region
What makes their wines so special, is the grapes come exclusively from her own family vineyards. And mostly from old vines that are between 40 and 90 years old, so you get a concentration of flavour like nowhere else. Some of their special new Austrian oak barrels make the wines taste ultra-smooth and delicious.
Núria Altés and Rafael's Archangels
I love BIG reds, whites and all things nice. Chuck in some good food and great people then all is good in the world