This legendary Bordeaux dessert wine is the perfect sweet treat for your festive parties. Either as a delish aperitif, or with a yummy cheese platter at the end of a night’s feasting.
This chateau has been making stunning Sauternes since the 17th century, so with generations of history and expertise behind it, there’s no wonder it tastes like an absolute dream.
Mouthwatering flavours of honeyed apricot, butterscotch, caramel, ginger, marmalade, and baking spice make this wine a festive party sensation. Knock back a few glasses with some good friends at the end of a night's celebrations, and you'll be in sweet Bordeaux heaven.
- Our Noble Riesling is a golden dessert wine, with aromas of marmalade and straw. It's a rich and sweet wine that is at the same time juicy refreshing. And because it's so concentrated there are actually more grapes that go into this 375ml bottle than would go into a full 750ml of dry Riesling!
- We've been making a dry Riesling for Angels since 2011, however there are also vines of Riesling that grow alongside ours that have been making trophy winning stickies for years. With Naked Wines backing us all the way, we knew we could take the risk.
- Sticky winemaking is a very risky venture - you need just the right conditions to allow the 'good' (or 'noble') form of botrytis to develop on, but not overpower, the grapes. Fortunately the weather gods smiled upon us with perfect weather, so the winemaking was a cinch and the wine is looking great.
Bill & Claudia Small, Winemaker
- Every year on the tour Angels have asked me about Tawny Port. I used to say that one day it would come, sooner or later. And here it is now!
- A special thank you to my Archangels who have been tireless helping me to spread the word about my wines. Without them I'm sure this Port wouldn't be here.
- Tawny Port is the cask aged version of Port. It develops a nutty character due to the aging for five years in oak. This is a classic Port with plenty of complexity and elegance.
Oscar - Winemaker
- My dear friends, I have some fantastic news for you. Firstly, I must say that if you ever believe in someone, don't ever give up as dreams are possible.
- My dream was to make a rosé Port, a delightful, light, slightly sweet, mouthful of sheer intoxication. Pauline, my Archangel argued, trapped the boss on an aeroplane for 2 hours, got more Angels on board and finally she persuaded Naked to make it happen!
- I'm absolutely overwhelmed and so proud that we all pulled together to help. My heart has soared and floated off the rooftops!
- We love to age Port in cask. It just tastes great when aged for several years. This 10 Year Old Tawny is a blend of few oak casks we have in our cellar, from different harvests, that made this unique blend. My sister Claudia picked one by one and crafted an amber colour Port that will delight everyone.
- Naked Wines always want to surprise the angels with unique and unmissable wines. Having a 10 Year Old Tawny on board is a huge pleasure for us. 10 years ago I would dare to say that Naked Wines was only a dream!
- The colour is light and brown with hints of orange due to the long ageing in oak cask. Flavour is balanced with notes of dried fruit, cinnamon and a walnuts. On the palate the nutty flavours predominate, along with a touch of coffee and chocolate.
- Beerenauslese literally means 'select harvest of berries' and that's exactly what Gerd has done to create this 37.5cl bottle of unctuous sweet goodness!
- The juicy Ortega and Silvaner grapes are left on the vines to develop a gorgeously intense sweetness and concentration of flavour.
- Just wonderful with a huge slice of lemon meringue pie and a generous serving of cream. Perfection.
Eiswein is a rare and unique style of wine that gets its name from the icy conditions in which its grapes are grown. Temperatures had to fall to a frosty -7°C before Gerd could harvest the frozen grapes. Still, sub-zero temps aren't always guaranteed, making it a risky operation for those willing to take a gamble.
Gerd took a punt on his ripe and healthy Sylvaner grapes, leaving some of them to weather the wintery cold. It was a gamble that paid off when temperatures dipped below a bone-chilling -10°C, leaving him with perfectly frosted grapes, which he then slowly pressed into a delicious sorbet-like icy treat.
The Stepp Sylvaner Eiswein has a delicate peach flavour, with a tropical edge of pineapple and lychee. It does a tremendous balancing act between sweetness and refreshing acidity with a rich textural finish. It's unknown when a wine like this will come along again, making this Eiswein a true one-off treat for Angels this winter.
- Don't be fooled by this decadent dessert wine's teensy price tag - its grapes were grown in Coteaux du Layon's famed soils, giving it enough depth and complexity to rival its dry-wine counterparts.
- The skilled Loire Valley winemakers used vibrant and juicy Chenin Blanc grapes to keep the sweet wine balanced with a refreshing acidity that keeps you reaching for more.
- Its stunning golden nectar is beautifully sweet but balanced with an uplifting freshness from lush apricot and citrus fruit flavours. It's got a lovely texture and long, satisfying finish.
- Years ago, Angels asked us to find some wines from Hungary and we were proud as punch to come across Cecilia who blew us away with her ability to combine tradition and innovation in her wines, and the Tokaji is no different…
- Full bodied and complex, with sumptuous aromas of peach and figs and subtle wooden notes thanks to 18 months spent in some big ol’ barrels, there are two words that spring to mind with this one; ‘utterly delicious’!
- Tokaji (pronounced tok-ay) is a closed wine region meaning the whole process must be done in that area, so snap up this gem from one of Europe’s lesser known wine regions and savour something seriously special.
- Nope, not the stuff of nostalgia - Alvaro's SILVER medal winning Cream Sherry is a new breed of beautifully balanced wine that's just itching to blow your preconceptions clean away.
- Cream by name but just the right kind of creamy by nature. This sherry will surprise you with its freshness, vibrancy and luscious depth of flavour.
- Fortify literally means 'to increase the effectiveness of, with additional ingredients.' We urge you to fortify your wine rack with a bottle (or two) of this delight, and try it with some smooth 'n' salty blue cheese.