New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- This super-special Late Bottled Vintage (LBV) Port has aged for 5 years under Oscar's careful watch and the result is jaw-dropping.
- Previous vintages have never dipped below a 90% rating and this years is better than ever - our wine team were grinning from ear to ear when it first arrived!
- Smooth, rich, full bodied with layer upon layer of delicious fruits, it’s LBV in style but not in price - one sip and you’ll be hooked.
When two-time New Zealand Winemaker of the Year Dom told us he had a special sweet treat lined up for his Angels, we knew it had to be something seriously special to live up to his high standards. And boy did he prove us right…
This honey-sweet noble Riesling from Waipara’s incredible 2017 vintage has been ageing gracefully for 4 years and grows in complexity every day that drifts by. It’s unctuous and fresh, with beautiful flavours of mandarin orange, honey and spice. It’s simply a top-quality dessert wine.
It’s already a delicious pairing for a sticky toffee pud or mega cheese board, but sweet wines this concentrated and complex are a rare thing, and can age for donkey’s years. So if you can bear to wait, it’ll be the perfect topper to round off a special slap-up dinner down the road.
- Manzanilla is just as light and deliciously bone dry as it’s brother Fino - with the added punch of bright green apple.
- This Sherry simply sings with crisp clean flavour and a lovely hit for aromatics - all balanced with a nutty, super smooth finish.
- One of the finer things in life. Pop your feet up with a glass of this in one hand, and a handful of smoked almonds in the other. Divine.
- Lovingly aged for 3 years in stainless steel vats, to make this the ultimate versatile fruity Port
- Red fruits shine through, think of cherries, raspberries and redcurrant with a hint of plum too
- Oscar has some great food pairing ideas for this delicious ruby Port. Try it with dates & bacon as a canape, or with an indulgent chocolate mousse for dessert.
- Beerenauslese literally means 'select harvest of berries' and that's exactly what Gerd has done to create this 37.5cl bottle of unctuous sweet goodness!
- The juicy Ortega and Silvaner grapes are left on the vines to develop a gorgeously intense sweetness and concentration of flavour.
- Just wonderful with a huge slice of lemon meringue pie and a generous serving of cream. Perfection.
- Years ago, Angels asked us to find some wines from Hungary and we were proud as punch to come across Cecilia who blew us away with her ability to combine tradition and innovation in her wines, and the Tokaji is no different…
- Full bodied and complex, with sumptuous aromas of peach and figs and subtle wooden notes thanks to 18 months spent in some big ol’ barrels, there are two words that spring to mind with this one; ‘utterly delicious’!
- Tokaji (pronounced tok-ay) is a closed wine region meaning the whole process must be done in that area, so snap up this gem from one of Europe’s lesser known wine regions and savour something seriously special.
- Every year on the tour Angels have asked me about Tawny Port. I used to say that one day it would come, sooner or later. And here it is now!
- A special thank you to my Archangels who have been tireless helping me to spread the word about my wines. Without them I'm sure this Port wouldn't be here.
- Tawny Port is the cask aged version of Port. It develops a nutty character due to the aging for five years in oak. This is a classic Port with plenty of complexity and elegance.
Oscar - Winemaker
This legendary Bordeaux dessert wine is the perfect sweet treat for your festive parties. Either as a delish aperitif, or with a yummy cheese platter at the end of a night’s feasting.
This chateau has been making stunning Sauternes since the 17th century, so with generations of history and expertise behind it, there’s no wonder it tastes like an absolute dream.
Mouthwatering flavours of honeyed apricot, butterscotch, caramel, ginger, marmalade, and baking spice make this wine a festive party sensation. Knock back a few glasses with some good friends at the end of a night's celebrations, and you'll be in sweet Bordeaux heaven.
Eiswein is a rare and unique style of wine that gets its name from the icy conditions in which its grapes are grown. Temperatures had to fall to a frosty -7°C before Gerd could harvest the frozen grapes. Still, sub-zero temps aren't always guaranteed, making it a risky operation for those willing to take a gamble.
Gerd took a punt on his ripe and healthy Sylvaner grapes, leaving some of them to weather the wintery cold. It was a gamble that paid off when temperatures dipped below a bone-chilling -10°C, leaving him with perfectly frosted grapes, which he then slowly pressed into a delicious sorbet-like icy treat.
The Stepp Sylvaner Eiswein has a delicate peach flavour, with a tropical edge of pineapple and lychee. It does a tremendous balancing act between sweetness and refreshing acidity with a rich textural finish. It's unknown when a wine like this will come along again, making this Eiswein a true one-off treat for Angels this winter.
- My dear friends, I have some fantastic news for you. Firstly, I must say that if you ever believe in someone, don't ever give up as dreams are possible.
- My dream was to make a rosé Port, a delightful, light, slightly sweet, mouthful of sheer intoxication. Pauline, my Archangel argued, trapped the boss on an aeroplane for 2 hours, got more Angels on board and finally she persuaded Naked to make it happen!
- I'm absolutely overwhelmed and so proud that we all pulled together to help. My heart has soared and floated off the rooftops!