New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- Bill and Claudia having been saving your hard earned Angel pennies to get their hands on grapes from the very best Sauvignon vineyards New Zealand has to offer. With these grapes securely in the bag, the Smalls have made a wine so well balanced and crisp that even the pickiest of Sauvignon lovers can't knock it.
- This is 75 centilitres of luscious Marlborough style. Fresh grapefruit and zingy gooseberries offset with elegance the juicy, mouth watering pear drop flavours - what can we say, it truly is an exceptional tropical tipple.
- Named after their daughter Sylvia - Sauvignon doesn't get more special than this. Previous vintages won medals galore, but we reckon that this little number is going to be the Small's greatest triumph yet... you might just agree!
- Like Sauvignon Blanc? Then you’ll love this. Ben selects exclusive parcels of grapes from a co-operative in the tiny village of Pinet, making a beautifully fresh, zippy white.
- 'Pic-de-What?' you say... Yes, it's got a funny name. And yes, it comes in a funny looking bottle. But that's exactly why it doesn't cost an awful lot more.
- His little-known wine won't be little-known forever so you really should get in now before everyone else does.
- You may not have heard of the Pecorino grape before - that's because the Italians tend to hog it all to themselves!
- Luckily our Christian's a very well-connected chap. He pulled a few strings to secure a cracking deal on a parcel of pristine Pecorino grapes. And you voted in your hundreds to give him the Angel funding to make a jaw-dropper of a white.
- Imagine the pure gluggableness of a Pinot Grigio, with the fruity zing of a Sauvignon Blanc – it manages to pull off the amazing trick of being flavoursome, yet super-crisp at the same time.
- We asked Bill and Claudia Small one simple thing. Make us the best Sauvignon Blanc in Marlborough. This is the twelfth vintage they have crafted exclusively for Angels and it's still an absolute cracker.
- Using your Angel funding, the Smalls have built close relationships with grape growers ‘in the bits of Marlborough they love’ to make this lovingly crafted SB from some of the best fruit going.
- It's classic New World SB. Delicious, ripe, grassy fruit, all gooseberry and kiwi, with an edge of lime, and is packed with enough zing to keep your mouth tingling for hours on end.
- Very little Pinot Gris is grown in Ben's area of the Languedoc so when he saw the opportunity to grab a parcel of fruit he jumped on it and was able to secure it all thanks to Angel funding!
- Every year since then he has produced a mouth-wateringly delicious Pinot Gris' and this years vintage is no different.
- It's full of refreshing lime, lemon, pear, white nectarine and apple fruits, with a floral honeysuckle aroma. A twinkle of freshness makes it the perfect quaffer to enjoy in the garden on spring afternoons
- Virgile's wines are in high demand and it's easy to see why with wines such as this cracking little Sauvignon that makes New Zealand versions look brash and brutish.
- Its subtle soft fruit flavours, all fresh apple and baked gooseberry with a slightly herbal edge slip down far too easily, making possession of a whole case a dangerous prospect.
- Try it with a big bowl of fat, juicy mussels - it really doesn't get much better.
- Angels voted in their thousands to give Dom the funding to 'Make Riesling Great Again' by making a gentle-pressed wine made from local Waipara grapes. Boy, has he delivered.
- You'll find the best of the Waipara region in this wine - with an aromatic touch of mandarin peel, honeysuckle and peach, this wine makes your tastebuds tingle before a long fruity finish.
- It's the most refined Riesling you'll ever taste... All from a tiny corner of NZ!
- Mike is a hugely successful winemaker, with more medals and trophies than you can shake a stick at. And when he came to us wanting to make a wine with his own name on it - we nearly snapped his hand off.
- This is New Zealand fruit heaven with a little Loire twist. Punchy, herbacious and packed with gooseberries and lime, all wrapped up with a soft, elegant finish.
- Too many NZ wines focus on style over substance, so imagine how excited we are to give you a wine that's chocka with both - at around half the price. Stunning.
- I wanted to make a easy-going, light, fresh wine that our Angels could just sit back with and enjoy, or which would brighten up anyone's day or occasion!
- This wine blends two grapes that complement each other brilliantly: Picpoul and Terret. Picpoul is a grape which produces bright acidity and a fruity, light-bodied wine, whilst Terret brings crispness, subtle fruit and floral aromas.
- Imagine gentle sea breezes and the relaxing sound of waves as you enjoy a beautiful day at a seaside restaurant. This wine is the perfect accompaniment for anything coming from the sea, working wonders with scampi and chips - it's bright acidity cuts through the richness of the dish like a dream.
Katie Jones, Winemaker
- I was inspired to make this wine to give Angels a different wine experience. I wanted to break the mould with a high quality wine that combines different Spanish white grapes in a unique and delicious blend.
- The nose has a lovely complex combination of refreshing citrus and grapefruit from the Sauvignon Blanc and Verdejo, combined with ripe peach and melon from the Viura, and orange blossom from a touch of Moscatel.
- It’s soft, smooth and easy-drinking with a refreshing finish. It’s a really vibrant, delicious, complex wine but still very approachable. A real crowd pleaser.
David Tofterup, Winemaker