- Like Sauvignon Blanc? Then you’ll love this. Ben selects exclusive parcels of grapes from a co-operative in the tiny village of Pinet, making a beautifully fresh, zippy white.
- 'Pic-de-What?' you say... Yes, it's got a funny name. And yes, it comes in a funny looking bottle. But that's exactly why it doesn't cost an awful lot more.
- His little-known wine won't be little-known forever so you really should get in now before everyone else does.
Ben and Rod have combined two totally different styles of winemaking to make this wine. And the result is just, wow.
Technically it’s French, but in the glass, it’s 100% turbo-charged Kiwi Sav, a tropical fruit-bowl of aromas and flavours. But then you get the colder-climate complexity and refinement of the French grapes kicking in, leaving your taste buds wondering what the heck just happened.
When picking and handling the fruit, Ben followed Rod’s instructions to the letter, to preserve a special compound in the grapes that gives Kiwi Sauvignon its famous fruity zing. Then Rod flew all the way to Ben’s place in the Languedoc, where they blended the wine together.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Rod is our man on the ground in Hawke's Bay and he's a dab hand at bringing Angels mouthwateringly good wines that top our favourites chart year after year. His Pinot Gris is no different.
Grapes from this region and of this quality usually cost a pretty penny but Angel funding meant Rod got his hands on them for a steal and he passed that saving straight on to you.
It’s lively, vibrant and full of tropical fruit flavours, with a zingy finish. When you first taste it, you won’t be expecting this level of intensity. He’s managed to squeeze so much into each mouthful. It’s classy, complex, and brimming with wow-factor.
- The Minervois may be known for rich, savoury reds, but it’s a little-known secret that the limestone-rich soils are also the perfect place to grow white vineyards… Luckily, Ben’s your man on the inside.
- Ben’s latest Angel offering is a perfectly balanced wine: beautiful length and texture from the Morrillon grape, a classy touch of acidity from the Colombard, and a crisp refreshing nose from the Sauvignon Blanc.
- Perfect with a Pique Nique, great company and a healthy dose of sunshine.
- I've always had a soft spot for a good, not too green in style Sauvignon Blanc. So when I noticed fruit from this very special vineyard in the Robertson Valley was available, I just had to take on the challenge to make this special wine from a cooler climate Sauvignon Blanc grown on limestone soils!
- With Sauvignon Blanc being in high demand and grape prices being quite high for these quality vineyards, your Angel funding helped me secure this amazing parcel of fruit – I hope my payback to you in this wine helps to show my appreciation!
- It’s clean, fresh and sophisticated, with a classic peaches and cream flavour. This is a very elegant Sauvignon Blanc and will pair perfectly with fresh seafood and summer salads.
Johan Kruger, Winemaker
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Fresh and fruity with a delicate zing and swirl of creaminess, Ben's Viognier has everything you'd want from a white wine.
- Naked legend, Ben, sources the grapes from a large cooperative high in the Languedoc hills, so it's very sensibly priced indeed.
- Served perfectly chilled, Ben's zingy, peaches and cream dream will keep you refreshed all year round.
- With over 90% of Angels loving the previous vintages and voting with their feet to buy it again, Joost's Sauvignon is one of our most popular wines. So fill your boots folks because the 2018 is here, and it's a belter.
- It's French, it's French Sauvignon, it's French Sauvignon from the Loire. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to YOU and thousands of other Angels.
- Its beauty lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- We’ve made $5 million available to help struggling wineries to survive and come out the other side of this Covid crisis. The closure of bars and restaurants across the globe has been a disaster for the independent winemakers who supply them. The little guys, without connections to the big supermarkets, are the ones who are suffering the most.
- Refreshing on the palate and refreshing on the pocket. This Sav is giving us nothing but 10/10 Loire Valley quality and crisp, fruity class.
- Full enough to be enjoyed as an aperitif, but if you fancy dialling things up a notch try coupling this with oysters or a seafood pasta dish.
- What’s fresher than a spray of ocean air, and zestier than a lemon convention? If you answered Pinot Grigio, you’d be absolutely right. And, if you didn't, maybe it's time you gave it a try.
- Our Italian bubble genius, Paolo, has set his sights on this Italian stalwart... and boy, has he made it worth your while! This crisp beauty will zip across your taste buds with a slice of apple and a touch of white peach.
- At a slender 12% it can be enjoyed on its lonesome or as a companion for steaming hot pasta with a rich creamy sauce.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- We’re so proud to produce Naked’s first ever Gavi. This wine is only made from vineyards around the small village of Gavi in Northern Italy, which just happens to be where our vineyard is located.
Our Gavi is made from an old white grape, unique to Piedmont, called Cortese. The outcome is a crisp and fresh wine with a pure lemony zing and a classy mineral touch on the finish
A chilled glass of our super-refreshing Gavi is the perfect drop at the end of a long day. Grazie for your support and helping put our wines on the map! Enjoy!
Serena Cordero, Winemaker