WE'RE NOT SURE
- The search for a decent bottle of Chablis at a price that won't have the bank manager running screaming from the room has come to an end at last. And it's pretty damn good even though we say it ourselves.
- It ticks all the boxes. Great lemon and apple flavours. Tick. Lovely mineral quality. Tick. Long finish with great raciness. Tick.
- It's a classic with most fish dishes, but it has enough body and strength to stand up to a little bit of chicken tandoori if you've a taste for it.
- Charles Simpson's specialty is taking well known grape varieties in the Languedoc, and giving them a little bit of a twist.
- So when the locals said you can't make Blanc de Blancs, he went out to prove them wrong.
- Expensive tasting, Champagne style at Languedoc prices - it's the perfect sparkler for the party season!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The genius behind Ruinart, Mumm and Baron de Rothschild Champagne has made this spectacular Champagne exclusively for Angels.
- Using the same skill and techniques behind those world famous labels, he's produced this gloriously sophisticated and refined Champagne that's guaranteed to have you purring with pleasure.
- It's vivacious, it's elegant, and it punches WELL above its weight. Forget paying the big, famous name brand price. This is where the smart money is spent.
- The 2017 Dunnolly Estate Reserve Chardonnay is so special. The wine has been elevated to the next level!
- The nose is a delicate balance of white nectarines & citrus peel, there is an enticing creaminess and warmth coming from the new French Barriques. On the first sip, the palate flourishes showing the natural acid length and a rich encompassing mouthfeel.
- Our style of Chardonnay is designed to be subtle. Gentle flavours of apricot & citrus and balanced with a delicate acidity. With the vintage being on the cooler side I needed to ensure that there was still this generosity, without detracting from our signature wine style and pronounced femininity.
- I made this wine with the Angels in mind. I wanted to bring a sense of luxury that unfortunately our summer didn’t provide!
Nicky Parish, Winemaker
- Nina spotted this seriously zesty Chardonnay when she was travelling around Oz and had to nab it all, just for you Angels.
- This wine is fresh and vibrant, packed full of lemon, kaffir lime leaf and melon and just a hint of toasty oak to compliment the citrus.
- Serve with Asian ginger and soy poached chicken salad… or something less fancy but equally delicious like fish and chips.
- To make this Chardonnay, I sourced grapes from cooler climates around the Western Cape of South Africa. The grapes from these areas benefit from long cool summers that helps heighten and define its flavour.
- These cooler climates are hugely sought after by winemakers, and as you would expect the prices for those grapes are higher. Naked funding has allowed me to secure high quality grapes for several vintages, so that Angels can enjoy consistently high quality Chardonnay for years to come.
- The Cutler Chardonnay has a lovely freshness to it, apple, pear and peach flavours and an elegance and finesse that comes from 50% of the wine sitting in oak, and the other half left un-oaked.
- Gisborne is the spiritual home for Chardonnay in New Zealand - producing delicious, top quality Chardonnay. But the fascination for Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc has meant that smaller growers in Gisborne have struggled, which is a real shame.
- The 2014 Winemaker of The Year competition gave me the opportunity to pitch this reinvention of Gisborne Chardonnay. Thankfully, in a very close run vote, I secured that opportunity and the funding to make it a reality!
- Unlike the big and heavy Chardonnay of yesteryear, my Gisborne Chardonnay has bags of freshness and vitality, with white peach and brioche flavours. A small amount of new French oak was used, and a portion was matured in concrete egg shaped tanks - giving lovely flint and earth notes. I hope you love it!
Rod Easthope, Winemaker
Kobie & Faisal were always big fans of the famous white Burgundy ‘Montrachet’, but not of its uber-expensive price tag.
So we challenged them to make a ‘Montrachet’ quality white – powerful, rich, with mind-boggling flavours – at South African prices.
Little did we know it would turn into one of our all-time cult wines.
- This is an intensely elegant Chardonnay that tastes so good we were worried we couldn't afford it.
- These vines are literally meters away from 1st cru vines. Esoteric Burgundian classifications from centuries ago mean that this fruit is going to cost a fraction of the price even though it delivers the same intensity and elegance of the neighboring Montagny Cru vines.
- If you want to know what expensive French white Burgundy tastes like, this is your chance to find out without breaking the bank.
- A rich, elegant Chard that still has a beautiful minerality to it with a clean citrus lift.
- Taste this wine blind and you'd guess Chablis, but open your eyes and you'll see a much smaller price tag.
- Thousands of Angels tasted this wine before it was even bottled and you'll want to grab some before those Angels empty our stock entirely.