WE'RE NOT SURE
- The search for a decent bottle of Chablis at a price that won't have the bank manager running screaming from the room has come to an end at last. And it's pretty damn good even though we say it ourselves.
- It ticks all the boxes. Great lemon and apple flavours. Tick. Lovely mineral quality. Tick. Long finish with great raciness. Tick.
- It's a classic with most fish dishes, but it has enough body and strength to stand up to a little bit of chicken tandoori if you've a taste for it.
During Summer Tour last year Johan tempted Angels with two mouth-wateringly good wines and asked them to vote on which one he should hurry home to produce. 4000 votes later we had a winner...
There’s no ABC (Anything but Chardonnay) excuse here. This one is bursting with citrus and stone fruit flavours with a delightfully crisp finish that will certainly keep you coming back for more.
So why snap it up? Well, in Johan’s own words; “the fruit was limited, the votes were many, so please buy this as I suspect it will sell out in no time”. You don’t need to tell us twice, Johan.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The genius behind Ruinart, Mumm and Baron de Rothschild Champagne has made this spectacular Champagne exclusively for Angels.
- Using the same skill and techniques behind those world-famous labels, he's produced this sophisticated and refined Champagne exclusively for you, that’d cost anyone else the best part of thirty quid.
- It's vivacious, it's elegant and it punches well above its weight. So forget paying the big, famous name brand price. This is where the smart money is spent.
- We've always loved decent Chablis...but never really loved the price of it. Well, this little sister to Sebastien's regular Chablis delivers both quality and class, as well as great value.
- Pure citrus fruit flavours shine through, with a crisp, clean minerality that makes it an obvious choice for those days when you just want to pop the cork and be thankful you've gotten through another day.
- Sebastien has just scooped a gold medal for this little beauty at the 'Concours des Vins de Chablis'. We think that just about sums it up!
- You won’t find a winemaker more experienced, or frankly more passionate about his wines than Stephen. So when he said he wanted to make a classy Reserve Chardonnay, we knew it would be a bit special.
- Thanks to Angel funding, Stephen was able to hand-harvest the grapes and age them in the finest French oak casks, giving his Reserve Chard the elegance of a white Burgundy, with a dollop of South African sunshine for extra flavour.
- His full-bodied Chardonnay is chock full of zesty lemons, limes and grapefruit all wrapped up in a velvety coat of toasty, vanilla spices. It’s refined, it’s lavish, it’s sumptuous... perfect for a night on the sofa with a good movie and a cuddle.
- Leading the revolution for a new, modern style of wine, Stephen's Californian Chardonnay will have Chablis producers weeping with envy.
- This is as bright and refreshing as Chardonnay comes, with a dollop of Californian sunshine for extra oomph.
- Stephen recommends you grab yourself a fat tuna steak and go wild!
2018 has been labelled as ‘the vintage of the century’ for English wines so Charles and Ruth decided there was no better time to try something a bit special and knew a Reserve Chardonnay would fit the bill perfectly.
- Grapes straight from their vineyard in the rolling Kent countryside were hand-picked before spending 6 months in plush French oak barrels and bottled up ready for Angels.
- This elegant, fruit-forward and luscious Chard is a beautiful example of the magic Angel funding makes happen. Think premium White Burgundy or posh Napa Chard. So from the Simpsons, and from us, a huge thank you for supporting the English wine industry.
- Our KFW Old Vines Chardonnay come from a vineyard planted in 1986 on the Paardeberg Mountain, the same year as the "official" first Chardonnay planted on De Wetshof, named Bateleur, which makes our Old Vines Chardonnay the oldest Chardonnay vineyard in South Africa.
- These Old Vines bear little fruit and produce amazingly complex wines with great concentration, fantastic minerality and flavours that just keep on giving.
- To buy wines of this complexity from the likes of Burgundy, you would pay 2 or 3 times more, which makes our KFW Old Vines Chardonnay great value and I really hope you enjoy it, Angels!
Johan Kruger, Winemaker
- This is an intensely elegant Chardonnay that tastes so good we were worried we couldn't afford it.
- These vines are literally meters away from 1st cru vines. Esoteric Burgundian classifications from centuries ago mean that this fruit is going to cost a fraction of the price even though it delivers the same intensity and elegance of the neighboring Montagny Cru vines.
- If you want to know what expensive French white Burgundy tastes like, this is your chance to find out without breaking the bank.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Great news for rose Champagne fans... a bonafide legend has crafted this sublime drop exclusively for you.
- With tiny bubbles that gently caress your tongue, leaving just the subtlest hint of mouth-watering strawberries... it'll give even the most famous rose Champagne in the world a run for their money.
- JP says it'll be simply divine with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs.