New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- Stephen's Cab Sauv has been gracing the virtual shelves of Naked for over 10 years now - making it our bestselling red of all time.
- Super smooth and bursting with pure, unadulterated blackcurrants and a luscious lick of oak. It's a total crowd-pleaser that deserves a spot on the rack at all times.
- You won’t find a winemaker more experienced, or frankly more passionate about his wines than Stephen. And because your Angel funding supports him, you get it for a seriously keen price!
Jesse Katz’s resume reads like a rock star’s telephone book. He’s one of America’s hottest young winemakers, whose wines have sold for up to $1 million at auction. But don’t panic. He’s made this top-quality Alexander Valley Cab Sav for us at Angel Prices.
Jesse sources his fruit from the best cool vineyard sites throughout Sonoma’s Alexander Valley, where the soils, climate and topography give the grapes a unique combination of richness and freshness. The grapes were all hand harvested and fermented in the best French oak barrels for 24 months at Jesse’s state of the art winery. The result is a classy and complex, yet deliciously rich blend of 82% Cabernet Sauvignon and 18% Merlot which hits every pleasure spot known to wine lovers.
The aromas just make you want to dive head first into the glass - waves of blackberries, blackcurrants, herbal notes and a subtle thread of vanilla from the oak. The palate is… if we had to sum it up in two words… concentrated decadence. Heaps of dark fruit all wrapped in a glossy sheen and with a power that belies the elegance of the wine. The chalky tannins are heaven itself. But it’s the endless length that impresses most. This is truly world class winemaking that will stand out from any other Sonoma Cab you’ve ever tried.
- Stephen’s entry-level Cab is one of our best-selling reds of all time. So when we challenged him to step it up a notch, we knew we were in for a real treat.
- Stephen headed straight to the oldest Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard on his farm, where he meticulously selected the fruit for this premium drop. Then he spent a quid or two more on the best oak and ageing… and it’s taken the quality through the roof.
- The older vines have tiny, concentrated grapes, giving the wine lots of deliciously complex and concentrated dark berry flavours that linger on your tongue. By all means drink it now, but this top-notch drop will also keep for many years to come.
- Pure Aussie Cab that'll make you think you've fallen into the blackcurrant bush. Made by Aussie's young winemaker of the year 2009.
- Naked Australia has its nose to the grindstone to find new winemakers in Oz and we get to scoop up the cream of the crop.
- For the ultimate Aussie Cab experience, try this with linguine pasta with mushrooms, caramelized onions and a touch of thyme.
- I am a huge fan of rosé wine and I always search for this perfect balance between ripe fruit and freshness. I wanted to demonstrate that the combination of cool climate and an international variety can create a rosé with a new dimension.
- Thanks to Naked and all their great Angels. I got to fulfill my dream - and the result really blew me away, because a really stunning summer wine was born.
- I pressed the whole grapes of the Cabernet Sauvignon to get more flavours into the juice. The result is a really complex rosé that shows the typical cassis flavours of the Cabernet Sauvignon variety. A great tipple that will have you reaching for the next glass!
This is the first wine Nina ever made in Coonawarra, the home of elegant, award-winning Aussie Cabernet Sauvignon. Famous for its red ‘terra rossa’ soils and maritime climate, Coonawarra is Australia’s premier Cabernet Sauvignon region. Its best wines can age for decades. And Nina’s drop is pure, unadulterated Coonawarra Cab at its best.
Deep and brooding, it oozes lush cassis fruit, plums, black cherries, spice and a pinch of eucalyptus. The nose is layered with blackcurrants, oak and clove, while the palate is powerful, with bags of structure and nice chalky tannins. The elegance, concentration and balance deliver everything you want in a Cab from this iconic region.
This wine means a lot to Nina. It was made in support of the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne, where her best friend’s son received amazing care for a rare bone marrow disease. All profits from the wine will be donated to the Kookaburra ward where he was looked after, and we’re matching the donation to double the impact.
- Johan knew just where to go to find the very best grapes to make his Cab Sav - he packed his bags and ventured deep into the rolling vineyards of Stellenbosch.
- Elegant, powerful and packed full of dark fruit flavours - this is one red that’s born to age so if you can resist the urge to open it, then squirrel it away safely for a few years and let the magic unfold.
- Cab Sav grapes from Stellenbosch are seen as the Rolls Royce of the South African wine industry; they are hard to come by and the barrels used to get that sumptuous oakiness are expensive. It’s all thanks to Angel funding that Johan was able to secure such great juice and the necessary barrels so consider this a big thank you from him to you!
- Daryl’s newest Cab comes from the Alexander Valley, one of the most well respected and premium appellations in Sonoma County, California. It’s one of 18 in total and is particularly well known for the exceptional Cabernet Sauvignon it produces.
- The Cabernets from this appellation offer a refreshing contrast to its well known neighbour, Napa Valley. They have the flavour and complexity of Napa but with a touch less alcohol and a little more elegance.
- It’s deep and dark with all the traditionally unctuous cabernet characters of black fruits, vanilla oak and chocolate. At a first glance you might be expecting something big and dense, but in fact the palate is deceptively elegant, silky-smooth and intensely flavorful.
Reenen Borman is one of the rising stars of the South Africa wine scene. He made the highest rated South African red wine ever scored by Tim Atkin, who called him “one of the most talented young winemakers in the world” - high praise from one of the UK’s leading wine boffins.
Reenen uses 30-35 year old vines to make his dense, dark, classic Cab Sav. Grown near Cape Town’s iconic False Bay, which frames some of the country’s most prestigious vineyards with cool coastal breeze sweeping off the Atlantic Ocean - it's no surprise that this ripe, melt-in-the-mouth Cab Sav is such a gem.
Deliciously complex Christmas cake flavours mingle on your tongue. It’ll age for up to 8 years. Great with a nice steak.
- When Matt first thought about making a Cab Sav he knew only the best grapes would do, so headed straight to the vineyards of Napa Valley to find them, and he’s been going back every year since.
This is Napa Cab at its best - rich, bursting with ripe dark fruits and a luscious lick of vanilla and spice. It’s silky smooth and delightfully moreish....
- Matt makes more and more of this wine each year and each year Angels get through the lot so snap up your bottle to see what all the fuss is