New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
Jesse Katz’s resume reads like a rock star’s telephone book. He’s one of America’s hottest young winemakers, whose wines have sold for up to $1 million at auction. But don’t panic. He’s made this top-quality Alexander Valley Cab Sav for us at Angel Prices.
Jesse sources his fruit from the best cool vineyard sites throughout Sonoma’s Alexander Valley, where the soils, climate and topography give the grapes a unique combination of richness and freshness. The grapes were all hand harvested and fermented in the best French oak barrels for 24 months at Jesse’s state of the art winery. The result is a classy and complex, yet deliciously rich blend of 82% Cabernet Sauvignon and 18% Merlot which hits every pleasure spot known to wine lovers.
The aromas just make you want to dive head first into the glass - waves of blackberries, blackcurrants, herbal notes and a subtle thread of vanilla from the oak. The palate is… if we had to sum it up in two words… concentrated decadence. Heaps of dark fruit all wrapped in a glossy sheen and with a power that belies the elegance of the wine. The chalky tannins are heaven itself. But it’s the endless length that impresses most. This is truly world class winemaking that will stand out from any other Sonoma Cab you’ve ever tried.
Reenen Borman is one of the rising stars of the South Africa wine scene. He made the highest rated South African red wine ever scored by Tim Atkin, who called him “one of the most talented young winemakers in the world” - high praise from one of the UK’s leading wine boffins.
Reenen uses 30-35 year old vines to make his dense, dark, classic Cab Sav. Grown near Cape Town’s iconic False Bay, which frames some of the country’s most prestigious vineyards with cool coastal breeze sweeping off the Atlantic Ocean - it's no surprise that this ripe, melt-in-the-mouth Cab Sav is such a gem.
Deliciously complex Christmas cake flavours mingle on your tongue. It’ll age for up to 8 years. Great with a nice steak.
- When Matt first thought about making a Cab Sav he knew only the best grapes would do, so headed straight to the vineyards of Napa Valley to find them, and he’s been going back every year since.
This is Napa Cab at its best - rich, bursting with ripe dark fruits and a luscious lick of vanilla and spice. It’s silky smooth and delightfully moreish....
- Matt makes more and more of this wine each year and each year Angels get through the lot so snap up your bottle to see what all the fuss is
- Stephen's Cab Sauv has been gracing the virtual shelves of Naked for over 10 years now - making it our bestselling red of all time.
- Super smooth and bursting with pure, unadulterated blackcurrants and a luscious lick of oak. It's a total crowd-pleaser that deserves a spot on the rack at all times.
- You won’t find a winemaker more experienced, or frankly more passionate about his wines than Stephen. And because your Angel funding supports him, you get it for a seriously keen price!
I wanted to showcase how the different wine growing regions’, soil, and climate, of South Africa can come together to produce something spectacular. Naked Wines and Angel funding made it possible for me to select the best Cabernet Sauvignon from different regions to bring this wine to reality.
This is a big powerful creation showcasing the structure, richness, tannin, and diverse aromas of Cab as a variety. On tasting this wine, the one quality that stands like a pole above water is the depth of flavour, it fills-out the palate and gives this wine the layered effect that lingers long after you had this wine in your mouth. The fruit is mixed with a good dollop of ripe oak and just enough freshness to bring all together in an incredibly happy medium.
I’m so proud to showcase this fine beauty. Yes, Angels, this is another showstopper in my mind that you made possible. I feel immensely proud and cannot wait to show you how you have influenced this amazing wine.
Carmen Stevens, Winemaker
- From the final crush of 2019, the fruit Sam has used for this Cab Sav gave him cause for a lot of excitement. The Premium Aussie Cab Sav grapes were extra small and intense, which he knew would make for some seriously large and in charge flavours.
- With the help of his cellar hand, Nick, Sam tried an exciting first with these grapes, splitting the fruit into three groups and allowing each a different length of time ferment. Sam then brought the juice of all three back together to rest in oak barrels, creating one very exciting, complex blend.
- This Cab Sav has a deep, luxurious purple colour with an equally plush length to match. Flavours of cassis and blackcurrant are earthy and rich, offset elegantly by a touch of spicyy oak. You'll also find plenty of tannins - the hallmark of a really top-draw Cab.
- Our Cabernet Sauvignon was planted in 1987 on the rolling slopes in the foothills of the Tallarook Ranges in Central Victoria. I still remember these tiny vines' first hot summer in the ground, when Dad sent me and my sister out with buckets of water to give them a much needed drink... I was 6 years old! So you could say we grew up together.
- Seeing the vintages from these vines improve each year and mature into the beautifully balanced wines that I now have the privilege to make and take all the way to your shores in the UK, is amazing!
- The grapes are hand picked then aged in French oak barriques for 18 months, giving way to a rich and powerful red with an elegant structure and long, clean finish. The vines only produce a very small parcel of Cabernet each year so these bottles won't last long on the shelves so please make sure you stock up while you can!
Nina Stocker, Winemaker
Arco was on the point of going bust in 2020 when the SA wine industry was hit by Covid, just as he was recovering from a battle with cancer. Thankfully, our very own Johan Kruger put him in touch with us, and Angel support helped keep him afloat. Arco’s now sourced and blended this super-premium wine to pay you back while helping out some of his winemaker mates who’ve also been hit hard by Covid.
This juice would normally end up in a famously posh boutique wine that we’ve sworn not to mention (it’s a doozy) but because of South Africa’s lockdowns and bans, it was sitting unsold in tanks. Arco’s emptied the tanks to bring this first-class wine to you while putting some money back in the bank for his mates.
This is a lovely well-rounded Cabernet Sauvignon from one of the warmer regions in South Africa. It’s created a wine that on the nose exudes blackberry notes as well as some eucalyptus and sweet spice. The mouthfeel is full and robust with silky soft tannins and flavours of cherry, plums and dark chocolate. Yummy.
- The Columbia Valley, located in south central Washington State, couldn't possibly have better conditions for growing Cab Sav grapes. With only 11 inches of rainfall a year, and a stonking 180+ days of sunshine, Dave has a set up that really can't be beat!
- Every single grape in this gorgeous Cab Sav has clearly reaped the benefits, coming together to create a complex and lush drop.
- Deep flavors of cherry, blackberry, cassis and the slight spice of tobacco on the palate, make this a classic Washington Cabernet Sauvignon. Dave's done all the hard work for you, so that this a bottle ready to open and drink today - what are you waiting for!
- Since Angels rescued Jean-Pascal’s business back in the day, he’s been paying you back with this elegant Cab that's made from the finest grapes in Chile’s Cabernet paradise, the Maule Valley.
- JP's rich and powerful Gran Reserva has enough blackcurrants and berries to fill a fruit pie. It’s refined and elegant, with lovely oaky notes, liquorice and spice. The finish is long, intense and comforting.
- Matured to perfection in JP’s plush French oak barrels, this is definitely a wine to impress your dinner party guests.