WE'RE NOT SURE
- JP is the genius behind one of Chile's most famous and expensive wines but since Angels came to his rescue years ago he's been repaying you with some seriously stunning wines.
- If you could get hold of one of his famous reds, you'd be paying over £30 a bottle. Luckily for you, you can buy his very own, non-famous, creation from us at a much more reasonable price and it's a big, complex beast of a wine brimming with rich, dark fruit flavours.
- If you ever wanted to invest in a Naked wine to lay down, this is the one. JP's wines get even better with bottle age so squirrel this one away for a few years and see the magic unfold.
Since Angels rescued Jean-Pascal’s business back in the day, he’s been paying you back with this elegant Cab that's made from the finest grapes in Chile’s Cabernet paradise, the Maule Valley.
JP's rich and powerful Gran Reserva has enough blackcurrants and berries to fill a fruit pie. It’s refined and elegant, with lovely oaky notes, liquorice and spice. The finish is long, intense and comforting.
Matured to perfection in JP’s plush French oak barrels, this is definitely a wine to impress your dinner party guests.
- This blend is sourced from vineyards throughout the Napa Valley AVA, most of which being located in the Rutherford AVA. Vineyards in this area are perfect for delivering this wine style targeted, as the fruit gets nice and ripe without loosing intensity and the tannins provide great richness and texture without being overly astringent.
- Bordeaux styles of winemaking are employed with particular attention to making sure to elevate the fruit and minimize aggressive tannins.
- Inviting dark red purple appearance, plenty of rich ripe fruit on the nose and palate, and a silky smooth texture that gives the wine its classic, moreish Napa character.
Matt Parish, winemaker
- I am a huge fan of rosé wine and I always search for this perfect balance between ripe fruit and freshness. I wanted to demonstrate that the combination of cool climate and an international variety can create a rosé with a new dimension.
- Thanks to Naked and all their great Angels. I got to fulfill my dream - and the result really blew me away, because a really stunning summer wine was born.
- I pressed the whole grapes of the Cabernet Sauvignon to get more flavours into the juice. The result is a really complex rosé that shows the typical cassis flavours of the Cabernet Sauvignon variety. A great tipple that will have you reaching for the next glass!
- When Johan Kruger tipped us off about a one-off, super-premium Cabernet Sauvignon from one of the classiest vineyards in South Africa, that was going for a ludicrous price, we couldn’t turn it down.
- Claret in colour. Claret in nature. It’s been aged to perfection over the past 5 years in the poshest French oak to give a rich and refined finish. This special wine can stand up to the big boys of Burgundy, and, with top winemaker Johan’s seal of approval behind it, you can be sure the quality is sky high.
- It’s hard to believe stuff this good is still kicking around, but these bottles have been sitting in a cellar since 2014. Just don’t ask us which one - we’re sworn to secrecy!
- Johan knew just where to go to find best grapes to make his Cab Sav and headed straight to the rolling vineyards of Stellenbosch.
- Elegant, powerful and packed full of dark fruit flavours - this is one red that’s born to age so if you can resist the urge to open it, then squirrel it away safely for a few years and let the magic unfold.
- Cab Sav grapes from Stellenbosch are seen as the Rolls Royce of the South African wine industry; they are hard to come by and the barrels used to get that sumptuous oakiness are expensive. It’s all thanks to Angel funding that Johan was able to secure such great juice and the necessary barrels so consider this a big thank you from him to you!
- Sam’s Gentle Annie Cab is the very definition of a fine wine. Opulent, full-bodied, rich and powerful, it’s packed with black fruit and balanced with lovely herbal and spicy notes from the oak.
- It's delicious now. But this wine will be build in refined savoury complexity over time… so if you have a secret hidy hole, it's the sort of wine you could stash for a while and come back to.
- Whatever you do, just don’t open this on a Tuesday night when you’re tired. This wine deserves the best meal, the best company, the best occasion, and it won’t let you down.
Only the very best grapes made it from the vineyards to Carmen’s super swish winery in the heart of Stellenbosch. All of them were hand-picked with care so you can be sure of top-notch quality with this stunning Cab Sauv.
Deep violet in colour, it’s an absolute powerhouse of a red. Rich, elegant, bursting with black fruits as well as hints of cassis, vanilla and a smidge of menthol for a refreshing burst at the end.
Angels voted in their hundreds for this wine in our 2017 Crush competition, so she wanted to make sure it over delivered in every way possible. It’s her way of saying a great big thank you for all your support. Safe to say she has done just that!
- This is it. Our best-selling red wine of all time... 92% of the 74,000 odd Angels that have tasted it would happily buy it again.
- Think pure, unadulterated blackcurrants, mixed in with a judicious chunk of oak, with a streak of Bertie Basset running naked through it.
- It's an absolute cracker. And because your Angel funding supports Stephen, you get it for a frankly silly price!