- The juice in this delicious bottle is absolutely stunning, evoking all the grandeur and grace that you'd expect from top notch Tempranillo - with delicious soft, smooth, strawberry fruits and a great big whack of creamy vanilla oak!
- Winemaker Rodolfo Bastida produced the Best Spanish Red at the IWSC last year and has made this wine exclusively for Naked Wines.
- Pretty sure 92% of you can't be wrong if you say you'd buy it again. We know we will be.
- Stephen de Wet is obsessed with delivering us wines that make our Angels go weak at the knees they taste so good, and this Merlot is no exception.
- For starters it has one of the most intense black cherry fruit flavours, that feel and taste in the mouth as if they've been whisked up with a shot of espresso and liquid dark chocolate. Add a hint of spice to the finish and you've got one hell of a mouthful of red wine.
- Also, because its a wine backed by our Angels, it's not only a great glass, but a pretty good bargain to boot.
- Carlos is the man who knows how to find the juiciest hidden parcels of grapes in Spain, and he's done it again with this gem from Cariñena.
- With help from your funding, Carlos has been able to purchase the very best grapes from old Garnacha vineyards, creating a great value wine that rivals the best that the region can offer.
- Carlos' Carinena is an intense ruby red colour, deep and bold, with well balanced blackberry flavours with a hint of violet, delicious by itself and easy to pair with a range of foods.
- Christian has created the Naked Godfather of the big reds - and it's at a price you won't believe.
- He semi-dried grapes in the Italian sunshine to create a deliciously intense wine like nothing we've tasted before.
- Every delicious sip is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit. It's dark, brooding, powerful and practically bursting with sumptuous Italian charm.
This wine is very special to me. It comes from a beautiful 30 year old vineyard in the foothills of the Tallarook ranges, just over the river from my home block. It's got everything that I love about my local Shiraz - the power and presence of Aussie Shiraz, with the balance, elegance and fine tannins typical of the area.
When new owners took over the property, they had no desire to keep running the vineyard, and the vines were facing an uncertain future. Without the support of Naked Wines, it would have been too risky for me to put my hands up and take on the challenge and help save this stunning established vineyard.
I've handmade this wine with love to create this powerful, concentrated Shiraz - full of the intense bramble and plum fruit flavours you'd expect, balanced with toasted spice and a fine tannin structure. It's hand picked, hand plunged, gently pressed, and aged in French oak - this beautiful fruit deserves to be treated with respect, so that's what I did!
Nina - Winemaker
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - this wine is her way of saying thank you!
- 2,500 Angels snapped up 30,000 bottles in just 48 hours in our MarketPlace deal! Don't worry if you missed out, Katie set some aside especially for you.
- Katie used the Angel investment to buy a beautiful old train station to turn into a winery - how cool is that?
- We got a tip off from our man on the inside Carlos Rodriguez, that a mate of his was making unbelievable wines up north that we could get for a steal.
- Gonzalo is a walking Garnacha encyclopaedia. He knows where all the best parcels are, and if anyone makes more delicious Spanish Garnacha for this price, we’ve yet to taste it.
- This is juicy, easy drinking heaven, full of ripe red berries and a hint of mountain herbs - your new favourite barbeque wine.
- Great quality Rioja without a massive price tag!
- A Crianza is a Rioja aged for at least two years (at least one of which was in oak). This process gives the wine a silky, classy character which combined with a shot of pure crushed strawberry fruit delivers in spades.
- Multi Award winning Gorka is behind this wine, he comes highly rated by Robert Parker (a top wine critic, dontchya know!)
- Whilst visiting my Terra Calda old vine Primitivo vineyards last year, I stumbled across these extra-special old Nero di Troia and Negroamaro vines. I've always loved the varieties from this region, and so I tried something I don't think the Italians have tried before - creating a seriously-special, unique blend.
- Working as a team with Naked Wines has given me flexibility and confidence in experimenting with these tiny vineyards, nestled deep South of Puglia. The result is a wine that's intensely deep in colour with elegant aromas of violet, dark chocolate, mocca and spice.
- The floral notes follow on to the palate, with dark cherries, blackberries and creamy vanilla notes, with a long lingering finish and firm, but balanced tannins. Still a baby, that will reward those who wait, but given several hours decanted, it opens up well already.
Dominic Hentall, Winemaker
- You've been funding Carlos from the get-go to make deliciously drinkable, down to earth reds. This little treasure of a Garnacha comes from the Campo de Borja region, one of Spain's finest unsung heroes - and it's about to become your new favourite tipple.
- Full to the brim with ripe, vibrant and rounded red fruits, it has a silky-smooth seductive finish to savour with every sip.
- If you're having a dinner party - then this wine is here to save your bacon. A versatile food wine, great for quaffing with friends - and ridiculously good value for money to boot.