- Our Maxime Reserve is a Mediterranean blend of Shiraz, Grenache, Cinsault and Mourvedre grown on the mountain valley of Piekenierskloof on 700 meters above sea level on decomposed granite soils. This specific terroir is best suited for these varietals, which are now in super high demand by most winemakers in South Africa. Thanks to Angel Funding, I could secure this amazing wine for you!
- Our Maxime Reserve might be less bold than older brother`s wine - the Matteo Reserve, but still has the power and elegance in equal measures, capturing the warmth and spice of the Shiraz, red fruits of the Grenache, cherries from the Cinsault and a touch of Mourvedre to add great harmony.
- Some varietals used in this blend are from qualified Old Vines, which give great depth and concentration and would normally sell for much more than this great value for money wine we could secure - thanks to Angel Funding!
Johan Kruger, Winemaker
- By day, Mauricio still teaches others to make their wine taste amazing. But thanks to Angel funding, he’s gradually ramping up production in his small no-frills winery.
- As a thank you for turning his hobby into a career, he saves the plumpest, juiciest grapes from his best vineyards to make absolutely stonking wine just for you.
- This wine is deliciously vibrant and concentrated. Rich dark plums, blackberries and bramble flavours all tied together with a warming toasty, oaky spice.
- Who'da thought it... a big dollop of gutsy Shiraz can be brought to life by a tiny smidgeon of peachy pure Viognier.
- Big, rich, ripe bramble and damson fruit with lashings of oak are given a soft, silky finish by the addition of the Viognier with its hint of white peach acting as the perfect foil to the peppery undertones.
- Angel funding bought the grapes, so it's incredible quality for a very reasonable price... no wonder 91% of you would happily buy it again!
- This is to a mid-range supermarket wine what a monster truck is to a fiat panda. It's a big complex beast of a wine. Oh, and the guy who made it also makes one of Chile's most famous, and expensive wines.
- If you could get hold of one of his famous wines, you'd be paying over £30 a bottle. Luckily for you, you can buy his very own, non-famous, creation from us at a much more reasonable price.
- If you ever wanted to invest in a Naked wine to lay down, this is the one. Jean-Pascal's wines get even better with bottle age.
- Thanks to one of Chile's finest winemakers combining the country's most popular red grape varieties, Cabernet, Carmenere, Syrah and Merlot, this beauty is for those that like the blockbuster style.
- It's packed with big, bold blackcurrant fruit that hits the mouth like a fruit bomb. Underneath it has a little bit of sweet dark chocolate that gives it a delicious, mouthwatering smoothness. It's like turbo Ribena for grown ups.
- 91% of Naked Angels said they'd buy it again - so it's not just us that think it's damn good stuff to stick in your glass.
- Soft silky rich goodness - we understand why Carmenere is Chile's signature grape.
- Juan is a one-man dynamo. With the help of his family and the local village he gets the job done. No consultants, no sales managers, no agents, which is why the price is so damn low.
- This deep violet Carmenere opens with waves of lush blackberries, followed by classy chocolate and coffee notes… and a long satisfied sigh.
Stephen’s Merlot is absolutely soaked in warm Californian sunshine, it tastes awesome and is great value to boot!
Bursting with ripe and juicy blackberries, dark cherry and jammy plums followed by a dash of vanilla spice, the perfect tummy warmer.
Don’t be afraid to crack this wine open on any occasion. With food or without, it's the ultimate everyday drinker.
- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!
- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plump and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels, blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.
WE'RE NOT SURE
American winemaker Stephen makes some of the New World's most sought after wines. Very unlike the over-done fruit bombs you've come to expect, this modern shiraz is mega classy.
When we asked Stephen to make us a little side project, he jumped at the chance. He still gets to be his own boss and thanks to Angel funding you get his top-shelf talent at middle-shelf prices.
Ruby red in the glass, this delightful wine is full of mellow dark fruit, spicy black pepper and a smooth taste of smoky oaky warmth