- When Naked asked us if we could create a ‘Sparkling Shiraz’, we were delighted to rise to the challenge. Although it had to be a ‘Sparkling Syrah’ as its roots are firmly in France!
- We picked the grapes early so that the wine would be deliciously soft and fruity with a fabulous deep opaque colour. It's just bursting with delicious fresh red fruits.
- This is an extremely exclusive small batch production and possibly one of a kind, we know of no other southern French Sparkling Syrah. So if you're intrigued by the sound of a sparkling red, now's your time to grab a taste!
Charles & Ruth, Winemakers
- Joost’s winery has won a rep among wine critics for producing some of the finest sauce in the Sauvignon Blanc universe. And Sauvignon doesn’t come any lusher than Pouilly Fumé.
- Think pure, vibrant, mouth-watering luxury in a bottle. Then give it an OBE. Joost's Pouilly Fumé is crisp, complex and posh enough to be served with a trumpet fanfare.
- It tastes great on its own, even better with pan-fried scallops or steamy pasta. Or simply rip open a freshly baked French stick and go totally bonkers with the Brie.
- The Best Wine in Spain over £10 according to Decanter - Gorka's gift to you.
- This may not be cheap, but if you're looking for a wine to fit a very special occasion, look no further.
- All the wonders one would hope for from a Rioja, plus those touches you know only comes from great hands - Gorka's. Bundles of rich rich rich red fruits, oak, tobacco and oodles of length. Splendid!
- To get the best out of this wine, Gorka recommends decanting it for an hour before drinking.
- When Scott Feldtmann (who looks after the Gentle Annie vineyard) offered me some pristine fruit from his own vineyard, Major Plains, I knew it would be too good an opportunity to pass up! The vineyard is dry grown and produces a very small crop of intensely coloured and concentrated fruits.
- To show at its best, high end red wine needs new oak barrels, and these are expensive. Bond funding helped me to buy the best oak which lets this wine sing. Truth is, I wouldn’t be making this wine without the fantastic support of Bondholders!
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. It has a great intensity of flavour - rich and powerful with great length. There is also a velvetiness to it, which makes it attractive to drink rather than just being all about power. I hope you’ll be blown away by it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The genius behind Ruinart, Mumm and Baron de Rothschild Champagne has made this spectacular Champagne exclusively for Angels.
- Using the same skill and techniques behind those world famous labels, he's produced this gloriously sophisticated and refined Champagne that's guaranteed to have you purring with pleasure.
- It's vivacious, it's elegant, and it punches WELL above its weight. Forget paying the big, famous name brand price. This is where the smart money is spent.
- This is a big wine not to be taken lightly! A deep magenta in the glass with aromas of plum, dark berries, chocolate and raisins along with earthy hints and pepper, all combined to give layer upon layer of plush aromatic complexity. Be sure to decant to appreciate its full effect.
- The grapes for this wine are hand-grown and picked by Tait Hamilton from his vineyard in Heathcoate, on the border of the Mount Camel Ranges. Tait’s vineyard grows magnificent fruit, and it’s a pleasure to make wine from the best grapes.
- It’s pretty straight forward to make a good wine with fantastic fruit like this… but to show at its best it needs good (read expensive) new oak barrels. Bondholder funding helped me to buy the luxury oak which takes this wine to the next level. The funding is only part of the story, NW also links us to wonderful Angels which gives the wine a home.
From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
- Eddy bought this wine along to Summer Tour for our Angels to try and you guys went nuts for it so we just had to get his bottles over to Old Blighty!
- Only the best grapes have gone into this beauty, which has been aged for 12 months in French oak barrels to give it a sumptuous silky smoothness.
- Let the deliciously intense ripe fruit flavours and aromas wash over if you choose to drink it now. If you can bear to lay it down, however, this one will age beautifully for many years to come.
- If you're after a Sauvignon with a little extra 'something' then you owe it to yourself to try this top-class drop.
- Bill and Claudia used old vine, low-yielding fruit to create a richer, more complex version of their normal Sauvignon Blanc, with a creamy texture that hints at a touch of oak, alongside a searing freshness and lovely grapey gooseberry flavour profile that is heaven sent for Marlborough SB fans.
- Named after their son Theodore, we reckon this is their best yet. And we reckon little Theodore will too when he hits 18!
- Although it is considered one of the six original red varieties of Bordeaux, it is in Chile where the most vineyards of Carménère are planted. Angels kept asking us to make a 100% Carménère, and we couldn't resist the opportunity. We found the best fruit for the Gran Reserva label, concentrating the rich flavours with oak ageing.
- Naked Wines has supported us, first by trusting in our abilities as winemakers and secondly by providing the money we needed to get our hands on the best grapes and French oak barrels.
- The Carménère is distinguished by a deep purplish-red color, with expressive flavors of black cherries, plums, raspberries, blackberries and ripe red pepper, spicy aromas combine well with those of chocolate and tobacco. It can be aged for 7 to 8 years, if you can wait that long!