This wine is very special to me. It comes from a beautiful 30 year old vineyard in the foothills of the Tallarook ranges, just over the river from my home block. It's got everything that I love about my local Shiraz - the power and presence of Aussie Shiraz, with the balance, elegance and fine tannins typical of the area.
When new owners took over the property, they had no desire to keep running the vineyard, and the vines were facing an uncertain future. Without the support of Naked Wines, it would have been too risky for me to put my hands up and take on the challenge and help save this stunning established vineyard.
I've handmade this wine with love to create this powerful, concentrated Shiraz - full of the intense bramble and plum fruit flavours you'd expect, balanced with toasted spice and a fine tannin structure. It's hand picked, hand plunged, gently pressed, and aged in French oak - this beautiful fruit deserves to be treated with respect, so that's what I did!
Nina - Winemaker
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Katie snapped up 100 year old, lower than low-yield vines - only producing a single bottle of rich, ravishingly ripe fruit per vine - to make her sumptuous Old Vine Carignan.
- The result is a beautifully concentrated and vibrant drop, packed with juicy blueberries with a super-smoooooth and ever-so-spicy finish.
- And because your Angel funding saved Katie when she needed it most - she's made it exclusive to you - at a mere snip of what it's worth.
- Officially one of the best Sauvignon Blancs in Chile, scooping 90 points in the Annual Wines of Chile Awards and recently being awarded a whopping 91 points by Robert Parker!
- Think lovely crisp apple and gooseberry flavours, with a nice bite and lots of zing - that's this and it's absolutely delicious.
- Plus, thanks to our canny deal making, Angel funding and Constanza and Felipe's business smarts, you get it for 29% off. Amazing.
- You've been crying out for a big, unabashed Barolo for as long as we can remember. And here it is, thanks to the supremely talented Gianfranco and Serena - all the way from the picture-perfect vineyards of Piedmont. This is the REAL top shelf stuff that Italians don't want to give away.
- Known as "the wine of Kings and the King of wines" - this deep, dark and brooding Barolo certainly lives up to its name. Full of deliciously ripe, ruby red fruit flavour, with layer upon layer of caramel-tinged oak and complexity.
- It's no secret that Barolo would normally see you handing over lotsa dosh. But thanks to your funding - you'll only pay for what this wine is worth, and not a penny more. Grab yourself a bottle and go all out with a rich and creamy mushroom risotto, finished with a drizzle of truffle oil. Go on, you deserve it...
- Richard does Elgin best. Fact. To prove it, he's won the ultimate accolade in South African winemaking, the Platter 5 stars for Chardonnay
- All this meant it was a no-brainer to invest in Richard. We've landed up with Burgundian quality at South African prices
- The doyenne of wine writing, Jancis Robinson, wrote a glowing review of the previous vintage. And awarded it a fine score of 16.5+/20
- Thanks to your votes in The Crush, we got the funding to fulfil our winemaking dream and start our Serious Sauvignon project... our tongue-in-cheek name for our exploration of complex, full-flavoured Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
- Here in Marlborough, we've only been making wine for a generation and we know that many of the rules are still being written.
- Made from the same vines as our Sylvia Reserve but fermented and matured in old French casks, this wine has a beautiful texture with all the enticing flavours and aromas of Marlborough's Awatere Valley.
Bill and Claudia Small, Winemakers
- We didn't think Joost could actually make a better Sancerre, but he has surpassed himself - and thanks to Angel funding and sharp buying of grapes by Joost, it's still a steal.
- This is crisp with a capital C and has a tightly packed bundle of explosive gooseberry fruit waiting to go off in the mouth that is offset by a really lovely minerality and an uber long finish. Just so, so drinkable.
- You can't waste a serious Sancerre like this. Splash out on some lobster or a big bowl of mussels to make the most of it.
- For centuries, my family have made famous Chablis. Now, thanks to you, I can keep doing the same thing under my own name.
- Pure lemony flavours shine through, with an elegant mineral touch on the finish. It's a pure and intense Chablis that will only get better with time.
- Perfect with goats cheese or chicken in a creamy sauce. Or if you fancy treating yourself, splash out on some fresh oysters and shellfish. Benjamin, Winemaker
- The site for my Hawkes Bay Merlot Cabernet Franc has been exposed to a series of geological events in the last few thousand years including river gravel deposits and limestone wash - all adding to the complexity of the wine.
- The Naked model allowed me to get access to this highly prized vineyard and it also cuts out the middle people between vineyard and you. This means ultra-premium quality at great prices!
- I've used a hands-off approach in the cellar, maturing my wine with minimal intervention in fine French oak to create a wine that combines ripe plum, blackberry and dried thyme flavours with rounded fruit tannins. It's my homage to Right Bank Bordeaux such as Pomerol and Saint Emilion.
Rod Easthope, Winemaker
WE'RE NOT SURE
- To me, Blanc de Blancs from chalk-grown Chardonnay is the true king of sparkling wines. My Hampshire vineyard is in the same chalk belt as Champagne, the most famous fizz region in the world, and this wine is perhaps even more crisp and complex.
- My Old Winchester Hill BdB has a scrumptious nutty nose, lifted by fresh citrus aromas. The flavour is all green mango and lime zest, with a hint of sourdough bread, adding an extra layer of complexity... all topped of with a lovely smooth dryness on the finish.
- There’s only a tiny amount to go round. But Angel funding and encouragement will help us to ramp up production of these bubbles in the future. I’ve dreamed of expanding my winery for years… now I can finally do it!