WE'RE NOT SURE
- We gave Mike a big budget to make the wine of his dreams and, as it turns out, it only takes a little bit more in cost to get a whole lot more in taste.
- Mike picked the best grapes from an elevated single vineyard site (to maximise those tropical Kiwi flavours) then aged the wine for 12 months (for extra finesse and complexity) so you can be sure that when you pop open the bottle you're drinking Marlborough Sauvignon at its very best.
- Think luscious exotic fruits with a playful citrus zing. It's crisp, refreshing and a wine that has Angels coming back for more every year, which we think says it all.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- This appellation is famed in Burgundy, it is one that I have always loved. The winery where I make my Saint Veran, has a small parcel of Pouilly Fuisse vineyards close by and I was able to secure this small parcel especially for myself and Naked Wines.
- By giving me support and letting me look out for new projects and special vineyards, I am able to commit to making wines, confident that the Naked Angels will love them.
- This is a creamy, buttery Burgundy that boasts a rich dollop of lemon curd to round it off perfectly with and is a wine that will age well over the next few years.
- Richard does Elgin best. Fact. To prove it, he's won the ultimate accolade in South African winemaking, the Platter 5 stars for Chardonnay
- All this meant it was a no-brainer to invest in Richard. We've landed up with Burgundian quality at South African prices
- The doyenne of wine writing, Jancis Robinson, wrote a glowing review of a previous vintage. And awarded it a fine score of 16.5+/20
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The search for a decent bottle of Chablis at a price that won't have the bank manager running screaming from the room has come to an end at last. And it's pretty damn good even though we say it ourselves.
- It ticks all the boxes. Great lemon and apple flavours. Tick. Lovely mineral quality. Tick. Long finish with great raciness. Tick.
- It's a classic with most fish dishes, but it has enough body and strength to stand up to a little bit of chicken tandoori if you've a taste for it.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Joost’s winery has won a rep among wine critics for producing some of the finest sauce in the Sauvignon Blanc universe. And Sauvignon doesn’t come any lusher than Pouilly Fumé.
- Think pure, vibrant, mouth-watering luxury in a bottle. Then give it an OBE. Joost's Pouilly Fumé is crisp, complex and posh enough to be served with a trumpet fanfare.
- It tastes great on its own, even better with pan-fried scallops or steamy pasta. Or simply rip open a freshly baked French stick and go totally bonkers with the Brie.
With its low yields and intensely flavoured fruit, Hawke’s Bay Syrah has become highly sought after. The fruit from good sites is in short supply and it’s all thanks to Angels that I am able to get my hands on grapes for such a great price.
Red fruits coupled with the now trademark Hawke’s Bay Syrah aromas of black pepper and aniseed give this red real character, but what really stands out is the immense length of flavour it has on the finish.
I suspect that it will sell slowly initially until a few people have tasted and rated it and then it will disappear. So tuck in as there isn’t much to go round!
Rod Easthope, Winemaker
- We are always looking around the corner, wanting to try something new... and thanks to the always fantastic support of our Angels, we have spread our wings deeper into the Sancerre appellation.
- Sancerre is not only famous for its ultimate expressive Sauvignon Blanc, it also makes the most remarkably savoury rosé from prized Pinot Noir.
- The outcome is a fresh and elegant rosé that is ultra crisp with subtle hints of succulent red fruits.
Joost & Miguela, Winemakers
- Mike loves his Pinot, and even when working for a top New Zealand winery, yearned to make his very own. Well, we came up with the funding and now he's going it alone - and producing classic NZ Pinot for all our Angels.
- Think ripe black cherry with a hint of raspberry, a little bit of liquorice and a bundle of juicy sweetness in the centre finished off with a kick of black pepper and hey presto! The perfect Pinot.
- Grab a leg of lamb, slow roast it for 12 hours, then serve with copious amounts of this. Stunning.
WE'RE NOT SURE
My son Franco and I hope you enjoy our ‘father-son’ wine as much as we do. We harvested these grapes and hand-made the wine together. This was his very first time - so this wine is very close to my heart.
This is the most special Malbec I've ever had the opportunity to create. It's been resting in French oak barrels for the past 12 months and now it's ready to savour. Red and deep violet in colour with aromas of blackcurrant, cassis, coffee and tobacco. It's rich, velvety and delicious now, but will keep on getting better and better until 2033!
Thank you for enabling me to share the passion of our family and our land to make fine, age-worthy wines like this for you.
- Carmen Stevens hardly needs any introduction to most Angels. She’s the unsung winemaking hero you helped us pluck from obscurity in South Africa. Her latest Naked outing comes in the form of this voluptuous, versatile Cabernet blend from the sunshine-soaked Coastal Region.
- This is Carmen’s homage to Bordeaux, only better. Like Bordeaux it’s made from only premium, sophisticated grapes. But unlike Bordeaux, they come from the sun-drenched vineyards of South Africa, taking the flavour through the roof.
- This deep ruby drop is packed with intense blackcurrant fruits, with a hint of juicy red berries - finished off with a tender touch of posh oak. It's the best of both worlds in a bottle, just for you.