- When Naked asked us if we could create a ‘Sparkling Shiraz’, we were delighted to rise to the challenge. Although it had to be a ‘Sparkling Syrah’ as its roots are firmly in France!
- We picked the grapes early so that the wine would be deliciously soft and fruity with a fabulous deep opaque colour. It's just bursting with delicious fresh red fruits.
- This is an extremely exclusive small batch production and possibly one of a kind, we know of no other southern French Sparkling Syrah. So if you're intrigued by the sound of a sparkling red, now's your time to grab a taste!
Charles & Ruth, Winemakers
- Sancerre is what you buy if you want to look flash. Pouilly Fume is what you buy if you really are flash, not to mention flush. Top of the French Sauvignon Blanc ladder, this is pure, mouth-watering luxury in a bottle.
- Joost only gets to make this wine when the vintage is really, really good. He assured us this was one of those years. And by jove we agree!
- Seriously limited stock and ready for drinking right NOW. If you think too long about buying this, you might miss out...
- You've been crying out for a big, unabashed Barolo for as long as we can remember. And here it is, thanks to the supremely talented Gianfranco and Serena - all the way from the picture-perfect vineyards of Piedmont. This is the REAL top shelf stuff that Italians don't want to give away.
- Known as "the wine of Kings and the King of wines" - this deep, dark and brooding Barolo certainly lives up to its name. Full of deliciously ripe, ruby red fruit flavour, with layer upon layer of caramel-tinged oak and complexity.
- It's no secret that Barolo would normally see you handing over lotsa dosh. But thanks to your funding - you'll only pay for what this wine is worth, and not a penny more. Grab yourself a bottle and go all out with a rich and creamy mushroom risotto, finished with a drizzle of truffle oil. Go on, you deserve it...
- The masterpiece of the Alsace wines, Gewürztraminer is my favourite grape to work with.
- My Gewürztraminer Réserve has a fantastic floral nose... take a sip and you'll be met with deliciously concentrated pear and peach fruits, with a mellow spicy aromatic finish.
- A lot of wine can't stand up to spicy food, but my Gewürztraminer is perfect with spicy Asian cuisine. Try it with a Thai curry - you won't be disappointed.
- The Best Wine in Spain over £10 according to Decanter - Gorka's gift to you.
- This may not be cheap, but if you're looking for a wine to fit a very special occasion, look no further.
- All the wonders one would hope for from a Rioja, plus those touches you know only comes from great hands - Gorka's. Bundles of rich rich rich red fruits, oak, tobacco and oodles of length. Splendid!
- To get the best out of this wine, Gorka recommends decanting it for an hour before drinking.
- When Scott Feldtmann (who looks after the Gentle Annie vineyard) offered me some pristine fruit from his own vineyard, Major Plains, I knew it would be too good an opportunity to pass up! The vineyard is dry grown and produces a very small crop of intensely coloured and concentrated fruits.
- To show at its best, high end red wine needs new oak barrels, and these are expensive. Bond funding helped me to buy the best oak which lets this wine sing. Truth is, I wouldn’t be making this wine without the fantastic support of Bondholders!
- An impressive inky depth fills your glass with a purple rim. It has a great intensity of flavour - rich and powerful with great length. There is also a velvetiness to it, which makes it attractive to drink rather than just being all about power. I hope you’ll be blown away by it!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The genius behind Ruinart, Mumm and Baron de Rothschild Champagne has made this spectacular Champagne exclusively for Angels.
- Using the same skill and techniques behind those world famous labels, he's produced this gloriously sophisticated and refined Champagne that's guaranteed to have you purring with pleasure.
- It's vivacious, it's elegant, and it punches WELL above its weight. Forget paying the big, famous name brand price. This is where the smart money is spent.
From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
- Eddy bought this wine along to Summer Tour for our Angels to try and you guys went nuts for it so we just had to get his bottles over to Old Blighty!
- Only the best grapes have gone into this beauty, which has been aged for 12 months in French oak barrels to give it a sumptuous silky smoothness.
- Let the deliciously intense ripe fruit flavours and aromas wash over if you choose to drink it now. If you can bear to lay it down, however, this one will age beautifully for many years to come.
- If you're after a Sauvignon with a little extra 'something' then you owe it to yourself to try this top-class drop.
- Bill and Claudia used old vine, low-yielding fruit to create a richer, more complex version of their normal Sauvignon Blanc, with a creamy texture that hints at a touch of oak, alongside a searing freshness and lovely grapey gooseberry flavour profile that is heaven sent for Marlborough SB fans.
- Named after their son Theodore, we reckon this is their best yet. And we reckon little Theodore will too when he hits 18!