- The juicy, indulgent Montepulciano from undiscovered Italian winemaker Riccardo Iacobone bagged the most votes at every single tasting.
- With rich and intense blackberry flavours, a yummy chunk of chocolate and and a velvety smooth smoky lick, it’s no surprise that the voting box was overflowing with tokens.
- Riccardo could hardly believe it when we gave him the good news - thanks to the power of your votes, he’s bagged a game-changing order for his business.
Once upon a time, the dark fruit flavours of Cabernet Sauvignon met the soft but spicy ones of Grenache and, not long after, Marselan entered the world.
Diego went to outstanding lengths to ensure his first wine for you is a hit. From nurturing an organic vineyard, to only harvesting at night to preserve the yummy fruity aromas of the grapes.
Bright crimson in colour, it's packed with summer fruits and berries with a hint of spiciness - you can taste the TLC in every sip.
- You've been funding Ben to make delicious, downright drinkable reds from the get go. This time, we asked him to take it up a notch and show us what he could do, on the best Southern French soils around. The result is this sensational, showstopper Syrah.
- Full to the brim with plump, ripe blackberries, melt-in-your-mouth dark chocolate and a seductively spiced licquorice kick that'll tingle and tease your tastebuds with every mouthful. Rich, rounded, and utterly voluptuous.
- If you're a patient sort, you can lay this down for up to 10 years. If you're like us... you'll be snapping up a bottle - quick sharp - and cracking it open with some sizzling pan seared duck (and anyone else you love enough to share it with).
Verdil, a rare golden-yellow grape variety almost exclusive to southeastern Spain, has been in huge decline over the years. Luckily Diego and a handful of others have come to its rescue and are creating balanced and lively wines that are sure to impress.
His organic vineyards thrive under the glorious sunshine and cool sea breeze of the area, and the white clay soil enhances the delicious creaminess of all that fruit.
Pale yellow in colour, with citrus and apricots on the nose and a subtle hint of anise, this is a seriously smooth wine with a delightful long finish. Diego likens it to meeting up with an old friend where you can’t stop smiling and time flies unnoticed...And we couldn’t agree more!
The origins of the Barbera grape are nestled in Matteo’s home region of Piedmont and he is so happy to bring you this little drop of Italy. His vineyard is totally organic so the grapes are left to their own devices to produce a wine that is a true reflection of the land.
Ruby red in colour and bursting with scrumptious cherries and violets, there’s also some warm spicy notes here and a luscious lick of vanilla to round things off.
It's drinking exceptionally well right now so feel free to tuck in straight away. For the more patient amongst you though this one will keep for the next 10 years so by all means squirrel it away for a rainy day!
- Not many wines actually taste of what they're made of. This one does. Perfectly ripe, super-sweet, big ol' juicy grapes.
- Ben bought it from one of his clients at mates' rates. And because you support him, he's passing the low price on to you. Call it your reward.
- Organic. And better for it. Treat your body like the temple it is and drink something completely natural.
- Seven unique vineyards give rise to this wine. They all grow Alvarinho, but each is situated at a different altitude, has different sun exposure and the soils are different… the sum of all them comes together in this single and unique wine.
- My aim was to create a wine full of character and soul. It reached last year's Ambassador status of "Vinho Verde" – DOC, being voted one of the five best wines of the region, with the "Best Of" status.
- My Alvarinho is a wine full of fruity and floral aromas. It is intense and full of minerality, all this being a result of the unique climate that the Atlantic climatic region offers, combined with ancient vinification techniques that we use.
- Every wine Ben creates is a complete knockout, so we asked him to get his hands on some extra-special grapes to make this super-premium wine. If you're a fan of Mr. Darnault's wines, this is the Holy Grail.
- He's well and truly outdone himself with this organic beauty... packed with ripe, crushed dark berry fruits, with a naughty slice of spice to round it off. Yum.
- Grab a lovely joint of pork, slow roast it so the crackling goes nice and crispy, a bit of stuffing, and several bottles of this.