New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- I believe honest wines reflect the region they’re from - my passion is producing classic Spanish wines that really bring our culture to life for Angels.
- And thanks to our high-altitude vineyard in Central Castile (one of Spain’s most underrated wine regions), sunny days and cool nights produces really intense fruit, while retaining that all-important freshness.
- Using authentic winemaking techniques and 21st century innovation, I’ve made a smooth, ripe, juicy red that’s versatile for any occasion.
This wine was inspired by Virgile’s early days working in Châteauneuf-du-Pape, where he learnt his craft at Chateau Mont Redon. When he set up his own domaine in Saint Saturnin, he was chuffed to find the region had the same grape varieties and similar soils to Châteauneuf, which made him feel right at home.
In 2017, a very special Grenache harvest gave Virgile an idea... he decided to let the wine age in his cellar without the influence of oak - just concrete barrels. The idea was to create an homage to unoaked Châteauneuf-du-Pape. After a while, he realised it would be the perfect wine to say thank you to his Angels and celebrate 10 years working together.
The ageing has allowed the wine to develop beautiful flavours and aromas, with ultra-soft tannins and a lovely complexity. Here’s how Virgile describes it… “Nose reminds me of red fruits, leather, spices of pepper, thyme, laurel, rosemary and what we call “garrigue” in the South of France. It’s complex and evolves during the tasting. After a few minutes of aeration aromas are more intense, more fresh. In the mouth, we can find fresh, smooth tannins almost sweet in the middle. We have lots of red fruits, white pepper, and sweet menthol. Finish is long and elegant.”
- N.B. This wine is topless, meaning the winemaker has chosen to bottle it without the foil wrap around the top of the cork to save on waste.
- With a focus on finesse, elegance and complexity, Samuel is on a mission to show you the incredible quality of the Alsace region - particularly his rich Rieslings. And if there were a bottle to do it, then his bumper Grand Cru is top of the list.
- Every last grape in this Riesling comes from Samuel's "Schlossberg" plot. It has a very specific altitude and soil composition which makes for a super deep, strong and intense character that you simply won't find anywhere else.
- With a brilliant yellow colour, the nose is complex with notes of sweet spices and citrus fruits. It's followed by a full-bodied palate of ripe and vibrant yellow fruits. It packs a traditional Alsace bite of acidity on the finish, wrapping each sip up with a delightful freshness.
- Château de Crémat is an historical winery of Provence created in 1904. Located in Nice, it is here that the Bellet appellation was created, and remains one of the most distinguished DOCs in France.
- This is a BIG wine. Using Fuella Nera fruit native to the foothills of the Alps, and a touch of delicate old vine Grenache, Alain has crafted a perfectly balanced and harmonious red.
- The powerful impact of the generous, ripe fruit flavours, is deftly softened by melt-in-the-mouth tannins.
- You don’t need to be a certified wine buff to know that this elegant, refined red is something really rather special - with its assertive character and warming spicy notes, this is the kind of drop you stash away to enjoy on high days and holidays.
Deep and intense, Elia’s Brunello is up there with the greatest of Sangiovese with it’s decadent nose of alluring lavender and spicy tobacco.
The palate is immediately silky soft and devilishly rich with indulgent flavours of dark chocolate, ripe black cherries and violets, all supported by a firm structure, and long sumptuous finish.
- Rosso di Montalcino is an intensely bright and energetic wine with an equally intense and luxurious ruby red colour. It’s a deeply classy, characterful little number that you certainly won’t forget in a hurry.
- The nose is complex with fruity notes of cherries, blackberries and raspberries, all underpinned by delicate floral aromas. The palate is fresh with a crunchy tannic bite and plenty of gloriously concentrated red fruit flavours.
- A champion of the Sangiovese grape, Elia firmly believes in giving its super aromatic quality and heady freshness the attention it truly deserves - he even uses special Slavonian oak barrels to ensure not a millilitre of its authentic character is lost or overpowered by too much oak.
- Jean-Marie has one simple rule when winemaking: less is more. He has kept his vines low in number but been sure to grow them organically and on the best stony soil in the region. Needless to say, the guy knows exactly what he's doing.
- Mâcon-Pierreclos, has an uplifting freshness and elegance characterized by sumptuously ripe and fruity flavours. So uplifting in fact that there's no need to cook up a storm to make this Chardonnay sing, just pop the cork and enjoy as is.
- A spun gold colour on the eye, with an equally golden roundness on the mouth - this is a definite show stopper not to be missed.
- Chateauneuf de Pape is in vogue in a BIG way at the moment, so we wanted to make sure we're serving you up with only the best. Enter Denis... without a doubt he's the man for the job, having dedicated his whole career to the love of this particular drop.
- It’s bursting at the seams with dark berries, delicate floral notes, and just a smidge of spice. It's a real big hitter with excellent length that allows your enjoyment of this wine to go on. And on. And on.
- Be warned though, there’s not a lot going around. It’s an increasingly popular appellation so pick up this treasure now because when it's gone, it's gone!
- St Laurent is a real mystery grape grown in Austria’s Thermenregion . No one really knows where it comes from apart from the fact it’s loosely related to Pinot Noir and just like its relative, it can be a real task to grow.
- But the pay off is that it produces incredibly interesting wines, especially when you have a winemaker like Stefan at the helm. He hardly interferes during the winemaking process. The grapes are handpicked, de-stemmed gently and strictly machine sorted. This brings out the hallmark characteristics of the grape and alows Stefan to tell a real story with each vintage.
- St. Laurent delivers dark fruited, sturdy red wines with spicy notes and a lovely crisp finish - sitting somewhere between Pinot Noir and cool climate Syrah, it has the perfect balance of fruitiness, body, tannins and acidity.
- Mr Darnault can do no wrong - and now, he's taking your wine to a whole new level. His latest Languedoc blending masterclass is vegan, organic AND bio-dynamic... making this ruby red gem just as Heavenly as the Angels that made it possible.
- WOW... what can we say? While the beautifully concentrated, vibrant red fruit flavour of Carignan dances on your tastebuds, your mouth will be wrapped in plush, velveteen tannins. Add smoky, sultry Syrah to the mix and you've got a finish to savour with every sip.
- Ben works super hard to find the fruit for this wine. And based on the previous vintages, it won't last! Try it while you can with some herby, French-style sausages and mustard. Divine.