Verdil, a rare golden-yellow grape variety almost exclusive to southeastern Spain, has been in huge decline over the years. Luckily Diego and a handful of others have come to its rescue and are creating balanced and lively wines that are sure to impress!
His organic vineyards thrive under the glorious sunshine and cool sea breeze of the area, and the white clay soil enhances the delicious creaminess of all that fruit.
Pale yellow in colour, with citrus and apricots on the nose and a subtle hint of anise, this is a seriously smooth wine with a delightful long finish. Diego likens it to meeting up with an old friend where you can’t stop smiling and time flies unnoticed...And we couldn’t agree more!
WE'RE NOT SURE
Once upon a time, the dark fruit flavours of Cabernet Sauvignon met the soft but spicy ones of Grenache and, not long after, Marselan entered the world.
Diego went to outstanding lengths to ensure his first wine for you is a hit. From nurturing an organic vineyard, to only harvesting at night to preserve the yummy fruity aromas of the grapes.
Bright crimson in colour, it's packed with summer fruits and berries with a hint of spiciness - you can taste the TLC in every sip.
- Mr Darnault can do no wrong - and now, he's taking your wine to a whole new level. His latest Languedoc blending masterclass is vegan, organic AND bio-dynamic... making this ruby red gem just as Heavenly as the Angels that made it possible.
- WOW... what can we say? While the beautifully concentrated, vibrant red fruit flavour of Carignan dances on your tastebuds, your mouth will be wrapped in plush, velveteen tannins. Add smoky, sultry Syrah to the mix and you've got a finish to savour with every sip.
- Ben works super hard to find the fruit for this wine. And based on the previous vintages, it won't last! Try it while you can with some herby, French-style sausages and mustard. Divine.
From the foothills of the Verdera mountain range comes Anna’s first wine for Angels and it’s an absolute beauty.
The Catalunian elements (we’re talking sun, sea and wind) have worked their magic on this sumptuous blend of Grenache, Mourvèdre and Syrah, with its deep violet colour and intense aromatic profile really making it stand out amongst the crowd.
Bursting with black fruits, with a hint of spiciness and pinch of wild Mediterranean herbs, enjoy the power, complexity and elegance of this wine. It’s safe to say we can expect great things from Anna!
- Virgile Joly is manic about organic - seriously. But unlike many of his fellow hippies, he's also obsessed with making sure the wine tastes great, as well as loving the earth.
- A mixture of Grenache and Shiraz, it's bursting with joyful ripe red fruits, with the smooooothest of finishes. It's just oh-so-drinkable.
- Grab a big leg or shoulder of lamb, slow-cook it so it melts off the bone, lashings of mint sauce, and several bottles of this.
- Not many wines actually taste of what they're made of. This one does. Perfectly ripe, super-sweet, big ol' juicy grapes.
- Ben bought it from one of his clients at mates' rates. And because you support him, he's passing the low price on to you. Call it your reward.
- Organic. And better for it. Treat your body like the temple it is and drink something completely natural.
British couple, James and Catherine Kinglake, own the small hilltop domaine of Begude. It’s in an area known for producing some stonking Chard’s and this rich, ripe beauty does not disappoint.
- It stands up easily to the big boys of fine, white Burgundies and boasts a much more palatable price too so it’s no wonder it’s draped in medals galore.
- We’ve had the chance to cherry-pick the best of Majestic wines to plug gaps in our range. This wine wasn’t funded by Angels, so doesn’t carry an Angel saving. But thanks to Majestic’s buying power, you still get it at a snip!
Ah Tuscany. Home to the well-loved Sangiovese grape. Morellino is simply the local name for it and this one has been blended with a smidgen of Ciliegiolo which is another delicious native variety. Just don’t ask us how to pronounce it!
Ripe cherry and strawberry fruit forms the backbone of this wine, which is fresh, medium-bodied and a very youthful style of red. (It won’t be for everyone)
We’ve had the chance to cherry-pick the best of Majestic wines to plug gaps in our range. This wine wasn’t funded by Angels, so doesn’t carry an Angel saving. But thanks to Majestic’s buying power, you still get it at a snip!