- We've always loved decent Chablis...but never really loved the price of it. Well, this little sister to Christophe's regular Chablis delivers both quality and class, AND great value.
- Pure citrus fruit flavours shine through, with a crisp, clean minerality that makes it an obvious choice for those days when you just want to pop the cork and be thankful you've gotten through another day.
- Should you get the munchies half-way through, try it with a little bit of goat's cheese.
- From the mountains of the Southern Rhône comes this sumptuous big red blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre.
- Light, powerful and brimming with lush aromas of red fruits, Denis describes it as exactly what a Cru Cairanne should be; an Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove. (We’re not gonna lie, we are probably going to nab that phrase from him).
- 2017 was a fantastic vintage and, with his Chene Noir and Reserve Red going down an absolute storm amongst Angels, there’s no doubt in our mind this will be his hat trick!
- This is a big wine not to be taken lightly! A deep magenta in the glass with aromas of plum, dark berries, chocolate and raisins along with earthy hints and pepper, all combined to give layer upon layer of plush aromatic complexity. Be sure to decant to appreciate its full effect.
- The grapes for this wine are hand-grown and picked by Tait Hamilton from his vineyard in Heathcoate, on the border of the Mount Camel Ranges. Tait’s vineyard grows magnificent fruit, and it’s a pleasure to make wine from the best grapes.
- It’s pretty straight forward to make a good wine with fantastic fruit like this… but to show at its best it needs good (read expensive) new oak barrels. Bondholder funding helped me to buy the luxury oak which takes this wine to the next level. The funding is only part of the story, NW also links us to wonderful Angels which gives the wine a home.
- Connie has an eye for quality grapes and when she discovered these beauties nestled in the Maule Valley, she knew she was on to a winner.
- From 35 year old vines, these grapes get oodles of sunshine and crisp cool nights keeping the wine fresh but packed full of soft and juicy blackberries, cherries with a dash of smooth, silky chocolate.
- Connie only uses the best French oak for this wine and you can taste the spicy, complexity. The perfect wine to crack open with your friends and family.
“Methode Traditionnelle”, the same winemaking process used in Champagne and our Sparkling 1816 is a blend of 70% Chardonnay and 30% Folle Blanche. The Chardonnay brings aromatics and fruitiness and the Folle Blanche, a dry, local and historic varietal, brings freshness and elegance.
From grape to glass, we are there for every step of the winemaking process and are so proud to bring Angels this handcrafted, family wine. Enjoy the fine bubbles, notes of quince and brioche and great freshness in the mouth.
The name is a tribute to Joseph Gregoire, the first Lieubeau, who was left abandoned as an orphan in the porch of the hospital in Nantes in 1816. He was the founder of both our family and winery.
- We didn't think Joost could actually make a better Sancerre, but he has surpassed himself - and thanks to Angel funding and sharp buying of grapes by Joost, it's still a steal.
- This is crisp with a capital C and has a tightly packed bundle of explosive gooseberry fruit waiting to go off in the mouth that is offset by a really lovely minerality and an uber long finish. Just so, so drinkable.
- You can't waste a serious Sancerre like this. Splash out on some lobster or a big bowl of mussels to make the most of it.
- For sheer drinkability it's hard to go past young Pinot Noirs from the fresh coastal air of the south island of New Zealand. I made this wine to try and encapsulate that and provide a look for those who live a long way from a unique place.
- Naked have been completely supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wine from a small and often unknown region. Through the incredible journey that was the crowd funding to help me get off the ground, their continual support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked and the Angels.
- Dark and vibrant in the glass with strong fruit presence. Berries and plums sit beside a light oak touch for support. Ripe, with fleshy texture this is great drinking for any occasion and happily stands up to meals of all shapes and sizes!
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
- You have been asking for wines from the Lebanon and we searched high and low to find one that was perfect for Angels.
- Eddy carefully grows and handpicks the plumpest fruit from his vineyard to go into this juicy, elegant and subtle drop.
- Classic and rustic with a playful fruity side, this wine is full of bold blackberry and redcurrant flavours wrapped up in a warming toasty lick of vanilla spice. The perfect tipple to accompany a melt-in-the-mouth rack of lamb.
- Pinot Gris has been grown in the Pfalz region for some time. I love Pinot Gris as a wine… it is literally a Pinot Noir with no colour. It can be just as complex, and the finest examples are quite challenging to make.
- I wanted to make a fresher style of Pinot Gris which still has richness, texture and a sense of place. To do this I selected 3 vineyard sites (hence the *3*) for the project. The different vineyards all contribute to the complexity of the wine.
- The outcome is something pretty special. Succulent ripe fruity flavours of apple, melon and pear with a rich textural quality and a fresh crisp finish.
- Jonathan is ridiculously talented and living in a house bordering the banks of Bordeaux. And how did he get there? By producing some of the most sensational Garagiste wines you'll ever taste.
- You'll taste the brooding, delightful depth of ripe fruit - simply packed with juicy, mouth-wateringly rich flavour. Jonathan sourced pristine fruit from outside his winery and aged it in 100% new oak, to take it from good to sublime.
- A (very famous) previous vintage of Jonathan's wine scored a whopping 100 Parker Points - and accolades just don't come any higher than that. Go and grab yourself a bottle while you can...