New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
Let the ratings speak for themselves. The Hacienda range is easily the most popular Rioja we stock!
Rodolfo is dripping in medals and awards for his wine skills and he makes sure to save all of his best stuff for Angels.
His Winemaker's Choice Rioja is bursting with bright strawberry flavours with a slightly spicy finish - a classic Rioja. Soft, smooth and mellow, and unbeatable value for money.
- Rioja’s one of the most loved wine regions on the planet. And with good reason. They don’t allow any old wine to be called Rioja. It has to meet some of the strictest wine quality rules in the world.
- Luckily, Rodolfo is our man on the ground in Rioja, where he's known to save his best grapes for Angels. He says his Gran Seleccion is "about the best selection that we do coming from our very best grapes" - lucky us!
- Oak aged for 10 months, it's full of flavour, elegance and silky smoothness. Our advice? Grab the cheese board, a glass and settle down for the evening.
- Javier's Treixadura, ‘the Queen of Ribeiro’ is a soft and fruity white, with bags of delicious fresh peaches, apricots and pears to its name.
- In making this wine, Javier was on a mission to put Treixadura firmly on the map as one of the best white wines going. It's a grape that only those in the know will recognise, but you can bet that those same people are trying their darndest to keep it that way...
- The fruit based roundness is tied off neatly, leaving the pallette with a grapefruit flavoured flourish. A real treat that comes complete with all the Queenly decedance the name suggests.
- If you hadn’t heard of the Bierzo region, or Mencia wine, I don’t blame you. They’re not exactly household names like Rioja or Ribera del Duero. Although with luxury wines like this, perhaps they should be.
- When you find a good Mencia wine, it’s REALLY good. You’ll find top-class bottles of it on the wine lists of some of the poshest London and New York restaurants. So you can imagine Ray's excitement when he first tasted this little beauty.
- The fruit was darker, the palate was plusher, and it was so much rounder in every way than any Mencia wine Ray had ever tried before. with outstanding depth, dark fruited flavours of black morello cherry, and a little bit of clove spice as well - Ray had to shake David's hand on the spot. Described as the love child of a full-on Pinot Noir and a fresh style of Rioja, this is a wine that won't stick around for long!
We’d be willing to bet 99.99% of Angels have never tasted a Ribera del Jucar before. It’s pretty much the definition of a hidden gem. It’s a mountainous, high-altitude region in the middle of the Spanish countryside with some first-class old vines. And we reckon when you wrap your lips around this juicy Tempranillo for the first time, you’ll thank your lucky stars for David & Jonas Tofterup. Because they’ve unearthed something quite special for you.
The Tofterups are specialists in going off-the-beaten-track and coming back with sensational new wines like this delicious new style of Tempranillo that exists somewhere in between a Rioja and a Ribera del Duero. As Jonas explains… “you get black fruit characters, but much juicier and softer tannins than what you have in Ribera del Duero.” Think flavours of black cherries, plums, and ripe strawberries, with complex notes of vanilla and chocolate, and a long lingering finish.
This is also the first wine that David and Jonas have made together for Angels. The two brothers had always dreamed of making wine together but until now Jonas hadn’t been able to quit his old job and commit full-time. Thankfully, due to the overwhelming support from Angels like you, the Tofterups have the financial stability for Jonas to join David full-time. So this is just the first of many special Tofterup brother wines to look forward to.
- I believe in the potential of Verdejo, to surprise wine lovers. This local grape it is still unknown for many UK people but over the last few years Verdejo has seduced the heart of the Spanish drinkers
- Naked wines has supported my project in Rueda from the first moment I told them about it, I am looking forward to sharing my passion for this exciting new local grape variety with the Angels
- Verdejo is a very aromatic grape, approachable to all type of wine drinkers. In this wine I find tropical fruit, delicate aniseed & herbaceous hints. A great match with artichokes, asparagus, risotto or seafood
Rodolfo - Winemaker
- It's not just common old Reserva, this is Gran Reserva - and in Spain this actually means something. Only top quality grapes are used - the grapes that have the best fruit, structure and intensity.
- Jorge leaves it to mature slowly, in toasty oak barrels to give it that mellow, smooth, caramel and vanilla flavour. Yum!
- One of our biggest ever sellers and we can absolutely see why. Pour yourself a glass of this belly warmer with big ol’ bowl of steamy stew. Perfection.
- I believe honest wines reflect the region they’re from - my passion is producing classic Spanish wines that really bring our culture to life for Angels.
- And thanks to our high-altitude vineyard in Central Castile (one of Spain’s most underrated wine regions), sunny days and cool nights produces really intense fruit, while retaining that all-important freshness.
- Using authentic winemaking techniques and 21st century innovation, I’ve made a smooth, ripe, juicy red that’s versatile for any occasion.
- Jorge has captured sunshine in a bottle with this unique blend of Gewürtz, Muscat and Sauv Blanc. The grapes bathed in the Valencian sun before being picked while bright and young to ensure its delightful fresh flavours.
- Maestro Jorge was instrumental in bringing together three varieties not often blended. Gewürtz plays its part with trademark aromatics of passionfruit and lychee. Muscat delivers a subtle sweetness with rose and orange blossom elements, while Sauv Blanc balances out the flavours with a fresh, zippy vibrancy.
- Angel backing allows Jorge to experiment with unique, out-of-this-world flavours... and your reward is this ticket down the road less travelled.
- I was inspired to make this wine to give Angels a different wine experience. I wanted to break the mould with a high quality wine that combines different Spanish white grapes in a unique and delicious blend.
- The nose has a lovely complex combination of refreshing citrus and grapefruit from the Sauvignon Blanc and Verdejo, combined with ripe peach and melon from the Viura, and orange blossom from a touch of Moscatel.
- It’s soft, smooth and easy-drinking with a refreshing finish. It’s a really vibrant, delicious, complex wine but still very approachable. A real crowd pleaser.
David Tofterup, Winemaker