- I've been making my old vine Primitivo in this area of Southern Italy - Puglia, for many years, and I've always wanted to release a really special selection with some of the finest tanks and barrels available.
- Having worked closely with the vineyards and winery for so long, I've been able to select the best parcels in this area to make a Primitivo that I know Angels will really love.
- This is a Primitivo for those who like their wines a dark inky red, with intense dark fruits and spice, and a perfect balance of finely integrated tannins and creamy oak.
- Christian’s best-selling Italian blockbuster Appassimento remains one of our most popular wines of all time.
- Christian leaves the juicy grapes to sunbathe in the southern Italian sunshine - sending the flavour through the roof. The result is a wine that roars with power and muscle, but also charms you with that unmistakable Italian charm.
- Rich, smooth and satisfyingly powerful, every drop of this dark, brooding wine is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit, all wrapped in a big oaky hug. It’s a red lover’s dream.
Love Christian's rich and smooth Appassimento? It's is now available as a deluxe 2.25L Boxed Wine - add one to your basket here
- If you like your wine packed with flavour, then the grapes you need to look for are of the slightly shriveled, sorrier-looking variety. They might not look postcard perfect, but we can tell you here and now that those are the ones you really want in your glass.
- The not-so-secret ingredient? The sun. Leave grapes to bask in it and you’ll turbocharge the taste. So when Stefano di Blasi, discovered some forgotten-about Chardonnay and Viognier grapes, shriveled by the scorching Sicilian sun, we got very excited indeed.
- It’s one of a kind. Elegant and refreshing, with mouthwateringly ripe, juicy flavours of melon and zingy Sicilian lemon -fabulously intense, it's the kind of wine that disappears quickly but you won't forget it in a hurry.
- From the talent who made Solaia and Tignanello - two of the most iconic (and eye-wateringly expensive) wines to ever come out of Italy.
- Stefano managed to nab a parcel of top notch Montepulciano grapes and has crafted an intense and velvety wine exclusively for Angels.
- Full to the brim with bright red fruit and rich dark chocolate, it’s the perfect wine to crack open with a tummy warming gamey stew.
When we asked Angels whether they wanted an entry-level Rosé from Sicily, or to see how much more complexity and concentration an extra £2 a bottle could deliver, 67% voted for this super-premium rosé from Puglia.
Imagine walking through a summer garden, smelling orange blossom, red berries and violets. Followed by a nice fruit cocktail on the patio, made from the ripest strawberries and blueberries you’ve ever tasted.
Hand-crafted using the traditional ‘Saignèe’ method and the same old-vine grapes that go into his premium Terra range of reds, Dom’s produced an elegant, richer style than your average rosé. Only trouble is, being old-vines, there’s not a lot of it to go round.
Our flying winemaker Dom's favourite place to make wine is Puglia... and we can see why. This Primitivo is brimming with Italian sunshine.
His powerhouse of a red still packs a punch whilst retaining a velvety Italian elegance. It's gorgeously deep and dark and decadent, and so smooth it'll slip down far too quickly.
Thanks to Angel funding, it's a complete bargain. So you can afford to splash out on a big fat juicy steak to eat alongside it.
- Stefano wanted to showcase two of the oldest grape varieties of Sicily and found a corner of the island where the vines could thrive, with rich soils and an abundance of glorious sunshine.
- Thanks to Angel funding he has been able to experiment with a new blend that is truly one of a kind. Catarratto and Zibibbo met for the first time and, under Stefano’s careful watch, have proven they form an extraordinary pair.
- This rich white oozes tropical fruit flavours and sensational aromatics. If exotic wines are your thing then meet your new best friend. We guess all that’s left to say now is ‘cin cin’ (that’s cheers in Italian!).
- I have a great passion for the indigenus white varieties growing in Italy. The coast of Tuscany is famous in Italy for being the best places to grow Vermentino, and I wanted to show off this wonderful grape to the Angels in the UK.
- Naked Wines have given me the opportunity to find the best block grapes in a vineyard in the incredible landscape of Tuscany, right next to the sea.
- The wine is very crisp and mineral, with floral and almost salty notes due to the Vineyard's prime location. It's a complex wine with an unusual longevity for a white varietal.
Christian has kicked things up a notch with this intense, velvety, ruby red, Riserva from Salice Salentino.
He describes this Italian Stallion as his Montepulciano on steroids, and boy he isn’t kidding. This is just bursting with juicy red fruits with just a dash of sophisticated spice.
Perfect with food or without, but if you’re opting for the former, a nice mature cheddar and some anti-pasti will be divine. Crack this open and put your feet up. You deserve it.
With mouthwateringly juicy spiced cherry flavours, this will be a hit with even your fussiest dinner guest. Dom knows just what he's doing with this perfectly balanced Italian food loving red.
Dom sourced the finest grapes using Angel funding - and with his know how got them for the right price. It's all about who you know, you know!
A perfect match with any pasta dish. Think fresh penne with a rich spicy sausage ragu or a Tuscan vegetable tagliatelle. Bellisimo!