- Haven't heard of Peter Klein? You'll be hearing a lot more about him over the next few years - he came second in Germany's Young Winemaker of the Year 2009. The word 'Trocken' is German for dry, which means that this Riesling is full of flavour AND ultra-refreshing.
- You can expect bags of mouth-wateringly juicy white peach flavour, with lifts of lemon and apple for a bit of punch and power. It's rounded, fragrant, and deliciously dry.
- For a Riesling of this quality, you'd normally pay double this price - but thanks to Angel funding, it's yours at the right price. So good with Thai food that the takeaway practically dials itself...
- Peter Klein is one lucky guy - he's young, talented, and on the road to great things. But most importantly of all, he has YOUR funding - and without that, this ravishingly ripe and refreshing Riesling couldn't exist.
- A crisp and lively flavour explosion, with juicy lemon, luscious lime and white peach positively bounding out of each glass. Top that off with a heavenly hint of fragrant honeysuckle, and you've got a wine worthy of even the fanciest al fresco feast.
- Wines of this quality don't come cheap - unless you're an Angel, of course! Riesling and spicy food are best friends forever, but if you're not a fan of the fire... grab yourself a bottle and try it with some marinated chicken and minty yoghurt dip for a bit of mid-week decadence.
- Riesling is all about the grapes, and the site on which it is grown. My Rebel Riesling is a blend of three different vineyards - one lovely old vineyard in Central Victoria, and two elevated vineyards in the King Valley and Strathbogie Ranges.
- As a Riesling fanatic myself, I put all my heart and soul into making my Rebel Riesling the tastiest little wine I can! This wine has a lovely pale straw colour, with plenty of fresh citrus aromas and flavours, with some delicate floral notes.
- So rocking Riesling lovers unite.. you won't be disappointed with this dry and racy drop!
- Gerd's delicious dry Riesling has been awarded a shiny Silver medal at the IWC awards.
- After his Pinot Noir blew our socks off in a blind-tasting, we thought it'd be rude not to take his Riesling too!
- Grab yourself a bottle and try it with a tasty Thai takeaway for a proper Friday night treat.
- Adam Barton is an immense talent, with stacks of plaudits and awards. He's been making wines for Angels down-under and now it's your turn!
- This wine has been sourced from old vines in the Watervale sub-region of the Clare Valley. Think limes and grapefruit - perfect for summer and seafood.
- A Clare Valley riesling with a 31% Angel discount - need we say more?..
- Our Noble Riesling is a golden dessert wine, with aromas of marmalade and straw. It's a rich and sweet wine that is at the same time juicy refreshing. And because it's so concentrated there are actually more grapes that go into this 375ml bottle than would go into a full 750ml of dry Riesling!
- We've been making a dry Riesling for Angels since 2011, however there are also vines of Riesling that grow alongside ours that have been making trophy winning stickies for years. With Naked Wines backing us all the way, we knew we could take the risk.
- Sticky winemaking is a very risky venture - you need just the right conditions to allow the 'good' (or 'noble') form of botrytis to develop on, but not overpower, the grapes. Fortunately the weather gods smiled upon us with perfect weather, so the winemaking was a cinch and the wine is looking great.
Bill & Claudia Small, Winemaker
Fresh, clean and pure – everything you’d expect from a classic Alsace Riesling (and at a great price to boot!)
- Brimming with ripe pear, peach and lemon and braced by a refreshingly steely acidity. This citrusy little number would be the perfect addition to any fish dish.
- We’ve had the chance to cherry-pick the best of Majestic wines to plug gaps in our range. This wine wasn’t funded by Angels, so doesn’t carry an Angel saving. But thanks to Majestic’s buying power, you still get it at a snip!