Wine, without the hassle
Finding wines you love just got easier. We call it Wine Genie, and we think you’re going to love it…
- This fresh, fruity Riesling simply bounces out of the glass with its exotic fragrance. But that is nothing compared to the wonderful rich flavours that will tickle your taste buds.
- We discovered Gerhard at a Wine Bloggers Conference in Vienna when his wine won out above all others - boy are we glad we were there to snatch up his talents before someone else did!
- Throw away the lager, crack open a bottle of this little beauty with your next curry.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Our Noble Riesling is a golden dessert wine, with aromas of marmalade and straw. It's a rich and sweet wine that is at the same time juicy refreshing. And because it's so concentrated there are actually more grapes that go into this 375ml bottle than would go into a full 750ml of dry Riesling!
- We've been making a dry Riesling for Angels since 2011, however there are also vines of Riesling that grow alongside ours that have been making trophy winning stickies for years. With Naked Wines backing us all the way, we knew we could take the risk.
- Sticky winemaking is a very risky venture - you need just the right conditions to allow the 'good' (or 'noble') form of botrytis to develop on, but not overpower, the grapes. Fortunately the weather gods smiled upon us with perfect weather, so the winemaking was a cinch and the wine is looking great.
Bill & Claudia Small, Winemaker
- Haven't heard of Peter Klein? You'll be hearing a lot more about him over the next few years - he came second in Germany's Young Winemaker of the Year 2009. The word 'Trocken' is German for dry, which means that this Riesling is full of flavour AND ultra-refreshing.
- You can expect bags of mouth-wateringly juicy white peach flavour, with lifts of lemon and apple for a bit of punch and power. It's rounded, fragrant, and deliciously dry.
- For a Riesling of this quality, you'd normally pay double this price - but thanks to Angel funding, it's yours at the right price. So good with Thai food that the takeaway practically dials itself...
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Gerd's delicious dry Riesling has been awarded a shiny Silver medal at the IWC awards.
- After his Pinot Noir blew our socks off in a blind-tasting, we thought it'd be rude not to take his Riesling too!
- Grab yourself a bottle and try it with a tasty Thai takeaway for a proper Friday night treat.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Jean-Claude is totally in tune with his vineyards. He believes the unique combination of the soil, the air, the sun and the wind on his land all contribute to the flavours in his wines.
- His vineyard is exclusively handpicked and pressing is carried out by pneumatic press. The juice flows by gravity down in the cellar where the fermentation starts with native yiests in traditional oak vats. Wines are aged on their lees and for several months and filtered before bottling with a minimum amount of sulphites added at that stage to avoir premature oxidation
- This wine is slender, showing gentle peach fruit, restrained juiciness and wonderful clarity, with some rounded creaminess in the background. It's a mellow, light-bodied Riesling with a dry, velvety finish.