- Beerenauslese literally means 'select harvest of berries' and that's exactly what Gerd has done to create this 37.5cl bottle of unctuous sweet goodness!
- The juicy Ortega and Silvaner grapes are left on the vines to develop a gorgeously intense sweetness and concentration of flavour.
- Just wonderful with a huge slice of lemon meringue pie and a generous serving of cream. Perfection.
- Pinot Noir is my favourite red grape. 15 years ago I visited Burgundy during vintage and worked with growers and winemakers - since then I have returned every year to the region.
- It was a real surprise when I finally made my first Pinot Noir here in the Pfalz. I could not believe the quality and style it was possible to make in this region.
- Through Naked Wines I had the opportunity to work with the grower to help him manage the vineyard and harvest the grapes for this special wine. The result is a Pinot Noir with intense aromas of ripe forest berries and raspberry leaf. It has great balance with good texture and a persistent finish.
- I found Riesling always fascinating and a great challenge to make. It is such a diverse grape variety with a wonderful quality to express its origin.
- These grapes were grown in a vineyard with soils rich in Kalkstein (limestone) and I love the flavours this gives to the wine.
- Delicate refreshing notes of yellow peaches, autumn apples, citrus and a hint of spice. The flavours are rich with a beautiful balance of fruit and a long mineral finish.
- I am a huge fan of rosé wine and I always search for this perfect balance between ripe fruit and freshness. I wanted to demonstrate that the combination of cool climate and an international variety can create a rosé with a new dimension.
- Thanks to Naked and all their great Angels. I got to fulfill my dream - and the result really blew me away, because a really stunning summer wine was born.
- I pressed the whole grapes of the Cabernet Sauvignon to get more flavours into the juice. The result is a really complex rosé that shows the typical cassis flavours of the Cabernet Sauvignon variety. A great tipple that will have you reaching for the next glass!
- If you like the super-clean fruit of a New World Pinot, and the rustic charm of an Old World one, then this bottle has your name on it
- Archangels picked this wine over Pinots 2-3 times its price in a blind tasting at Naked HQ, so we knew we were onto a winner.
- This one needs a bit of breathing time after opening, but your patience will be richly rewarded when you get to experience the incredible depth and fruitiness of this wine come to life. It’s a perfect choice for a night in front of the fire so snuggle up and enjoy!
- The talented Peter Klein is currently crafting some of the best wines to come out of Germany. You'll be pleased to hear that this delightful Muskateller is definitely no exception - light, fresh and a lunchtime blues-beating 10% ABV. What more could you want?
- You like your wines to be full of flavour... but not too sweet. It's that elusive 'right kind of off-dry' that Peter has skilfully bottled by the barrel-load for you. Full of scrumptiously exotic lychee and juicy ripe pear, all balanced with a lift of lemon and a mouth-wateringly fragrant finish.
- Thanks to your Angel funding, you're getting a world-class wine for a steal. Snap up a bottle (or two) and try it with some succulent smoked salmon. It's wonderful for washing down that cheeky slice of cake, too...
- Peter Klein is one lucky guy - he's young, talented, and on the road to great things. But most importantly of all, he has YOUR funding - and without that, this ravishingly ripe and refreshing Riesling couldn't exist.
- A crisp and lively flavour explosion, with juicy lemon, luscious lime and white peach positively bounding out of each glass. Top that off with a heavenly hint of fragrant honeysuckle, and you've got a wine worthy of even the fanciest al fresco feast.
- Wines of this quality don't come cheap - unless you're an Angel, of course! Riesling and spicy food are best friends forever, but if you're not a fan of the fire... grab yourself a bottle and try it with some marinated chicken and minty yoghurt dip for a bit of mid-week decadence.
- Gerd's delicious dry Riesling has been awarded a shiny Silver medal at the IWC awards.
- After his Pinot Noir blew our socks off in a blind-tasting, we thought it'd be rude not to take his Riesling too!
- Grab yourself a bottle and try it with a tasty Thai takeaway for a proper Friday night treat.
Gewürztraminer is known to be as fresh as a daisy and as floral as a flower shop and this does not disappoint.
Take a big whiff and you’re walking through a country garden. Rose petals, apple blossoms and jasmine aromas, with bright citrus, quince and pear on the palate, delicious!
Serve slightly chilled with an aromatic Thai curry and enjoy the ultimate flavour sensation.
- Gerd’s new little number is 50% Riesling, 35% Pinot Gris and 15% Gewürztraminer. Because classic German wines are mostly single-grape varieties, you rarely get a blend this sophisticated.
- The Riesling gives it bags of backbone and complexity, and a delicious peach flavour. While the Gewürtz adds power and fragrance. The result is an aromatic blend of summer fruits and rose petals, with tropical citrus flavours and a long finish. A proper drop of class in a glass.
- After 25 years in the wine industry, he’s travelled widely and made award-winning drops in dozens of different countries. He’s also a respected wine consultant who flies all over the world advising other wine producers so you can be sure he really knows his stuff.