- My Reserva is something truly special that shows the best that Portugal has to offer, but still remains incredibly competitive in value. It brings a more complex and serious personality that will please even the most demanding drinkers.
- Having everyone's support at Naked and witnessing first-hand the positive feedback from Angels is the biggest motivation that I could ever ask for. My approach when making this wine was highly influenced by everything I learned from being part of Naked Wines.
- Once poured this wine starts oozing complex aromas of red and black fruits mixed with vanilla and some spices. It is a complex wine with soft and velvety notes of ripe fruit. A wine made to drink slowly that will offer you a rich and lingering aftertaste.
This Naked classic is such an all-time favourite that since 2011, not a single vintage has rated below 93%. Every year, Angels come in their droves to snap up their batch of the Villebois’ flagship Sauvignon Blanc, so fill your boots before it all disappears in a puff of smoke.
It's a top-class French Sauvignon from the Loire Valley. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to you and thousands of other Angels who took a chance on Joost when things got tough early in his winemaking career. This is his way of re-paying the favour.
The beauty of this wine lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality, making it the perfect pairing for a super-sized seafood platter.
Camille Benitah is a world-class French winemaker who used to make $150 boutique wines at top Napa brand, Merus. Since 2013, she’s been making incredible kit just for Naked Angels in the USA, who love her wines so much they always hoover them up before we get a chance. So we had to pull in all sorts of favours to finally smuggle a batch of this gorgeous Cab Sav onto a boat.
Camille made this wine in Lake County, which is a goldmine for brilliant Bordeaux-style wines. Just to the north of Napa, it gets the same beautiful sunshine weather, and its nutrient-rich volcanic soils produce super ripe and juicy grapes, perfect for fine Cabernet Sauvignon winemaking.
This isn’t an in-your-face American red, it’s a French-style, sophisticated wine with aromas as enticing as freshly-baked blackberry pie. In the mouth, it’s elegant and complex, with silky-soft tannins and sumptuous flavours of raspberry, redcurrant, and yummy hints of dark chocolate, coffee and vanilla. It’s really, really delicious and as classy a US Cab Sav as you’ll find.
After you saved his small family winery from the depths of lockdown strife, Reenen wants to send a big South African ‘Dankie!’ to his Angel heroes. He’s knocked up this extra-special blend just for you, using premium grapes from his family’s Stellenbosch vineyards.
This sumptuously smooth wine is brimming with aromas of ripe red fruit and tongue-tingling spice from French oak. The mouthfeel is soft as velvet, and the lush fruity flavour is a nod towards fine Bordeaux-style wine.
Reenen’s Gratitudo would fit in at a posh French restaurant but it’s been made specially for you, to sit pride of place on your dinner table. Our tip is to heat up the cast-iron skillet and enjoy this wine with the juiciest steak you can lay your hands on, pan-fried with garlic butter, mushrooms and thyme.
- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!
- I live in one of the historical wine regions of Hungary, and of all the varieties I have worked with in the past, my favourite by far is Pinot Grigio. So when Naked Wines gave me to opportunity to produce one, I couldn't say no!
- Because the grapes are grown across such a large area, I had the opportunity to get the best grapes from the best areas. The result is an elegant, crisp, light coloured wine with a smooth, spicy and slightly herbal aroma.
- I love drinking this wine paired with a fillet of fish fried in butter with bacon and sun-dried tomato ragu - my idea of heaven! I hope you enjoy this wine as much as I do!
- Having worked in the Rhône Valley for years Ben knows some really top-notch grape growers. He'd always dreamt of making a world-class Côtes du Rhône, but never had the money.
- That was until thousands of you crowned him your 2011 Winemaker of the Year. He used the prize money (and his expertise) to source the grapes to bring you this deep, ripe red and it's been back every year since!
- Perfumed, silky smooth and dangerously easy to drink - this crowd pleasing wonder is perfect for drinking right now.
Sorry, this wine is available exclusively to the Angels who helped make it happen. To find out more about becoming an Angel, click here.
- Stephen has more Naked ratings than the President of the World Nudist Society, and we can understand why when he takes an unpopular grape like Pinotage and turns it into something very special - and all for relative peanuts thanks to Angel support.
- Dark damson fruits with an edge of prune, and a tinge of black cherry combine with milk chocolate to make this a heavenly tipple.
- Lamb chops, mint sauce, a bottle of this. Bingo...
- Benjamin is one of our top winemakers, gaining credits all round with all our Angels. He's also a fabulously decent Frenchman. Even though we turned this down first time round, he still wanted his lovely Angels to enjoy it. We're so chuffed as it's an absolute blinder!
- It's a Syrah blend with a big dollop of Grenache that makes it a classically Southern French red - big ballsy, juicy berry fruits, with lots of gumption to back it up and a naughty, spicy finish.
- Think lamb, lamb and more lamb and then relish in the wonderful discount you get as an Angel.
If there’s one winemaker you’d trust to make a first-class Rioja with mature fruity flavours and a silky mouthfeel, it’s Carlos Rodriguez. So when he sent us a one-off Selección Especial made using his very best grapes, we got really excited. This top-shelf Spanish red takes the rich fruit and smooth mouthfeel of a classic Rioja and lifts it up a notch.
2017 was a once-in-a-blue-moon type harvest which left Carlos with a low-yield but super high-quality batch of Tempranillo. Even better, the grapes for this wine come from some of the top vineyards in Rioja, where all the posh brands get their fruit. This wine was made with the cream of Carlos’ crop, his top 1% of grapes from the thousands of hectares he has access to.
This full-bodied red was originally destined for Spanish restaurants but when Covid hit, Carlos had a rare opportunity to treat his Angels to a special wine. It’s one to savour with your eyes and nose before you drink it, to enjoy its dark fruity aromas of ripe berries. And in the mouth it’s full and bold, coating your tongue with lashings of generous fruit, a dash of spice and nutmeg from the oak and a smooth glossy finish.