WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is the ninth vintage Bill and Claudia Small have crafted exclusively for Angels and it's an absolute cracker.
- We asked them one simple thing. Make us the best Sauvignon Blanc in Marlborough and we reckon they came pretty close - at least for the price you pay, and what's more, 94% of people who've bought it agree.
- It is classic New World SB. Delicious, ripe, grassy fruit, all gooseberry and kiwi, with an edge of lime, and is packed with enough zing to keep your mouth tingling for hours on end.
- Very little Pinot Gris is grown in Ben's area of the Languedoc so when he saw the opportunity to grab a parcel of fruit he jumped on it and was able to secure it all thanks to Angel funding!
- Every year since then he has produced a mouth-wateringly delicious Pinot Gris' and this years vintage is no different.
- It's full of refreshing lime, lemon, pear, white nectarine and apple fruits, with a floral honeysuckle aroma. A twinkle of freshness makes it the perfect quaffer to enjoy in the garden on spring afternoons.
- This isn’t your everyday Marlborough. Mike's a super-talented Sauvignon God and wields the grape with an elegance and finesse that you can taste in every drop.
- We're talking classic grassy, green, gooseberry laden fruit flavours, with a shock and awe approach to the term 'refreshing' that mainlines a citric buzz to the central nervous system.
- Crab linguine. Bottle of this. Unbelievable
- Like Sauvignon Blanc? Then you’ll love this. Ben selects exclusive parcels of grapes from a co-operative in the tiny village of Pinet, making a beautifully fresh, zippy white.
- 'Pic-de-What?' you say... Yes, it's got a funny name. And yes, it comes in a funny looking bottle. But that's exactly why it doesn't cost an awful lot more.
- His little-known wine won't be little-known forever so you really should get in now before everyone else does.
- Dom's Fiano is Nirvana for white wine lovers. Imagine the fresh, gluggableness of a Pinot Grigio with the delicious fruit and fragrance of a Sauvignon Blanc - it's simply scrumptious.
- Dom used his little black book of growers to nab the grapes for this wine at the right price. It's all about who you know, you know!
- As fresh as a summer breeze with lusciously light peachy fruits, a lively lemony zing, and a vivacious bright finish that'll leave you longing for another (big) sip.
- With over 90% of Angels loving the previous vintages and voting with their feet to buy it again, Joost's Sauvignon is one of our most popular wines. So fill your boots folks because the 2017 is here, and it's a belter.
- It's French, it's French Sauvignon, it's French Sauvignon from the Loire. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to YOU and thousands of other Angels.
- Its beauty lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Rod's reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal.
Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay is packed full of New Zealand vibrant intensity.
Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that makes you want to quaff more. Just crack it open and pour!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Mike is a hugely successful winemaker, with more medals and trophies than you can shake a stick at. And when he came to us wanting to make a wine with his own name on it - we nearly snapped his hand off.
- This is New Zealand fruit heaven with a little Loire twist. Punchy, herbacious and packed with gooseberries and lime, all wrapped up with a soft, elegant finish.
- Too many NZ wines focus on style over substance, so imagine how excited we are to give you a wine that's chocka with both - at around half the price. Stunning.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Mike's Pinot Gris is a belter! Insanely tropical, tongue-tingly and rich... with that super-crisp tropical fruitiness New Zealand is famous for. Sunshine in a bottle.
- With Sauvignon Blanc stealing all the praise for Marlborough, it’s easy to forget that it’s a paradise for other grapes too. Luckily Mike used Angel funding to snaffle a parcel of perfect Pinot Gris from an immaculate vineyard to create an absolute belter of a wine.
- WARNING: This wine is dangerously drinkable... with or without food. Don't say we didn't warn you!
During Summer Tour last year Johan tempted Angels with two mouth-wateringly good wines and asked them to vote on which one he should hurry home to produce...4000 votes later we had a winner...
There’s no ABC (Anything but Chardonnay) excuse here. This one is bursting with citrus and stone fruit flavours as well as a delightful minerality and a rich creaminess that will certainly keep you coming back for more.
So why snap it up? Well, in Johan’s own words; “the fruit was limited, the votes were many, so please buy this as I suspect it will sell out in no time”. You don’t need to tell us twice, Johan.