- Like Sauvignon Blanc? Then you’ll love this. Ben selects exclusive parcels of grapes from a co-operative in the tiny village of Pinet, making a beautifully fresh, zippy white.
- 'Pic-de-What?' you say... Yes, it's got a funny name. And yes, it comes in a funny looking bottle. But that's exactly why it doesn't cost an awful lot more.
- His little-known wine won't be little-known forever so you really should get in now before everyone else does.
- Finding fruit this great, and at a steal of a price is something as rare as hens' teeth. I had to snap up this small parcel of Sauvignon Blanc for you Angels.
- I have a great relationship with this grower and he has faith in what I am doing with Naked Wines. Therefore he has a long-term view regarding what is a good price for the grapes. Making this Sauvignon Blanc the best 'bang for buck' wine I've ever made.
- As the name suggests, this is a high altitude vineyard, at 185 metres above sea level. Cooler daytime temperatures during ripening and a consistent afternoon sea breeze give more aromatic fruit qualities. This wine evokes characters of passionfruit and lemongrass which really burst from the glass. It is built for immediate enjoyment.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Thanks to your wonderful support over the years we are very happy to introduce you to Domaine de Brillemonts Touraine. Grapes from the unique Touraine Terroirs were picked at the perfect time to maximise all their aromas and flavours.
- The nose is intense and complex, full of citrus, peach and exotic fruits as well as delicate floral notes. The wine itself is smooth, fruity and boasts great minerality.
- It’s excellent to drink straight away but will keep easily for 2 to 3 years! Just make sure you don’t overchill it as that could harm all the delicate fruit flavours.
Joost and Miguela, Winemaker
During Summer Tour last year Johan tempted Angels with two mouth-wateringly good wines and asked them to vote on which one he should hurry home to produce. 4000 votes later we had a winner...
There’s no ABC (Anything but Chardonnay) excuse here. This one is bursting with citrus and stone fruit flavours with a delightfully crisp finish that will certainly keep you coming back for more.
So why snap it up? Well, in Johan’s own words; “the fruit was limited, the votes were many, so please buy this as I suspect it will sell out in no time”. You don’t need to tell us twice, Johan.
- Dom's Fiano is Nirvana for white wine lovers. Imagine the fresh, gluggableness of a Pinot Grigio with the delicious fruit and fragrance of a Sauvignon Blanc - it's simply scrumptious.
- Dom used his little black book of growers to nab the grapes for this wine at the right price. It's all about who you know, you know!
- As fresh as a summer breeze with lusciously light peachy fruits, a lively lemony zing, and a vivacious bright finish that'll leave you longing for another (big) sip.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Mike is a hugely successful winemaker, with more medals and trophies than you can shake a stick at. And when he came to us wanting to make a wine with his own name on it - we nearly snapped his hand off.
- This is New Zealand fruit heaven with a little Loire twist. Punchy, herbacious and packed with gooseberries and lime, all wrapped up with a soft, elegant finish.
- Too many NZ wines focus on style over substance, so imagine how excited we are to give you a wine that's chocka with both - at around half the price. Stunning.
- I'm really interested in showing Sauvignon Blanc from lesser known regions in New Zealand. Waipara's version is typically more understated with quite a different structure to the palate. It's like a cross between a Kiwi Sauvignon and a good Sancerre.
- Naked have been amazing in supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wines from small and often unknown regions. Thanks to them I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Angels.
- This one is a true Waipara style with stonefruits, golden kiwifruit and green plums. Luscious on the palate with plenty of ripe fruits, weighty mid palate and a satisfyingly fresh finish. I like to think of it as a Sauvignon with a difference!
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
We’re so proud to produce Naked’s first ever Gavi. This wine is only made from vineyards around the small village of Gavi in Northern Italy, which just happens to be where our vineyard is located.
Our Gavi is made from an old white grape, unique to Piedmont, called Cortese. The outcome is a crisp and fresh wine with a pure lemony zing and a classy mineral touch on the finish
A chilled glass of our super-refreshing Gavi is the perfect drop at the end of a long day. Grazie for your support and helping put our wines on the map! Enjoy!
Serena Cordero, Winemaker
- I’ve always loved drinking wines from the Rhone Valley, particularly their Viognier/Marsanne blends, so having the chance to blend a wine made from these gorgeous expressive varieties was easy!
- Finding the perfect balance took a lot of time in the tasting room, but the outcome (I hope you’ll agree) was worth it.
- Apricot, lemon, and a hint of rose musk leap out of the glass…and into your mouth! It is refreshing, zesty, and textural, with great length and balance.
- Coming from an area known for its reds, where whites don’t get much of a look in, Katie and her Monsieur Jones were set on showing Angels that whites can hold their own here and boy have they gone and done just that!
- She added a smidgen of Muscat to their traditional Grenache and Macabeo blend - but don’t be fooled, there’s none of the sweetness that usually comes hand in hand with Muscat here.
- This is an aromatic, fresh, fruity and seriously easy-drinking wine. We certainly can’t get enough of it; especially for just £9.99 a bottle!