WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is the ninth vintage Bill and Claudia Small have crafted exclusively for Angels and it's an absolute cracker.
- We asked them one simple thing. Make us the best Sauvignon Blanc in Marlborough and we reckon they came pretty close - at least for the price you pay, and what's more, 94% of people who've bought it agree.
- It is classic New World SB. Delicious, ripe, grassy fruit, all gooseberry and kiwi, with an edge of lime, and is packed with enough zing to keep your mouth tingling for hours on end.
- This isn’t your everyday Marlborough. Mike's a super-talented Sauvignon God and wields the grape with an elegance and finesse that you can taste in every drop.
- We're talking classic grassy, green, gooseberry laden fruit flavours, with a shock and awe approach to the term 'refreshing' that mainlines a citric buzz to the central nervous system.
- Crab linguine. Bottle of this. Unbelievable
- With over 90% of Angels loving the previous vintages and voting with their feet to buy it again, Joost's Sauvignon is one of our most popular wines. So fill your boots folks because the 2017 is here, and it's a belter.
- It's French, it's French Sauvignon, it's French Sauvignon from the Loire. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to YOU and thousands of other Angels.
- Its beauty lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Rod's reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal.
Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay is packed full of New Zealand vibrant intensity.
Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that makes you want to quaff more. Just crack it open and pour!
- Is this the richest white wine you'll ever taste? Quite possibly, thanks to it being 100% Viognier and packed to the rafters with delicious apricot and lemon fruit, all whirled around in a creamy mix that closes a stupendous variety act with a delicious, capricious zing.
- Ben sources the grapes from a large cooperative high in the Languedoc hills, so it's very sensibly priced indeed.
- This needs to be drunk young and fresh. Do that and you will no doubt end up agreeing with the 90% of people who said they'd buy it again.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Mike is a hugely successful winemaker, with more medals and trophies than you can shake a stick at. And when he came to us wanting to make a wine with his own name on it - we nearly snapped his hand off.
- This is New Zealand fruit heaven with a little Loire twist. Punchy, herbacious and packed with gooseberries and lime, all wrapped up with a soft, elegant finish.
- Too many NZ wines focus on style over substance, so imagine how excited we are to give you a wine that's chocka with both - at around half the price. Stunning.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Mike's Pinot Gris is a belter! Insanely tropical, tongue-tingly and rich... with that super-crisp tropical fruitiness New Zealand is famous for. Sunshine in a bottle.
- With Sauvignon Blanc stealing all the praise for Marlborough, it’s easy to forget that it’s a paradise for other grapes too. Luckily Mike used Angel funding to snaffle a parcel of perfect Pinot Gris from an immaculate vineyard to create an absolute belter of a wine.
- WARNING: This wine is dangerously drinkable... with or without food. Don't say we didn't warn you!
- I'm really interested in showing Sauvignon Blanc from lesser known regions in New Zealand. Waipara's version is typically more understated with quite a different structure to the palate. It's like a cross between a Kiwi Sauvignon and a good Sancerre.
- Naked have been amazing in supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wines from small and often unknown regions. Thanks to them I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Angels.
- This one is a true Waipara style with stonefruits, golden kiwifruit and green plums. Luscious on the palate with plenty of ripe fruits, weighty mid palate and a satisfyingly fresh finish. I like to think of it as a Sauvignon with a difference!
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
- No winemaking tricks here... armed with your funding, I was able to select the very best damn fruit I've ever seen, harvested in the cool of the night and gently pressed to preserve those classic Sauvignon Blanc characters.
- The result is elegant yet complex. Powerful yet poised. An explosion of ripe tropical fruit including guava, blackcurrant, lime zest and pink grapefruit. All beautifully wrapped in that classic Marlborough zing which makes it so refreshingly drinkable.
- It's a single vineyard Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc sourced from one of the most highly sought after blocks in the region. I reckon it's the best Sauvignon Blanc I've made in my 15 year career. And I've made some crackers!
- Coming from an area known for its reds, where whites don’t get much of a look in, Katie and her Monsieur Jones were set on showing Angels that whites can hold their own here and boy have they gone and done just that!
- She added a smidgen of Muscat to their traditional Grenache and Macabeo blend - but don’t be fooled, there’s none of the sweetness that usually comes hand in hand with Muscat here.
- This is an aromatic, fresh, fruity and seriously easy-drinking wine. We certainly can’t get enough of it; especially for just £9.99 a bottle!