WE'RE NOT SURE
- This is the ninth vintage Bill and Claudia Small have crafted exclusively for Angels and it's an absolute cracker.
- We asked them one simple thing. Make us the best Sauvignon Blanc in Marlborough and we reckon they came pretty close - at least for the price you pay, and what's more, 94% of people who've bought it agree.
- It is classic New World SB. Delicious, ripe, grassy fruit, all gooseberry and kiwi, with an edge of lime, and is packed with enough zing to keep your mouth tingling for hours on end.
- Is this the richest white wine you'll ever taste? Quite possibly, thanks to it being 100% Viognier and packed to the rafters with delicious apricot and lemon fruit, all whirled around in a creamy mix that closes a stupendous variety act with a delicious, capricious zing.
- Ben sources the grapes from a large cooperative high in the Languedoc hills, so it's very sensibly priced indeed.
- This needs to be drunk young and fresh. Do that and you will no doubt end up agreeing with the 90% of people who said they'd buy it again.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Rod's reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal.
Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay is packed full of New Zealand vibrant intensity.
Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that makes you want to quaff more. Just crack it open and pour!
- Dom's Fiano is Nirvana for white wine lovers. Imagine the fresh, gluggableness of a Pinot Grigio with the delicious fruit and fragrance of a Sauvignon Blanc - it's simply scrumptious.
- Dom used his little black book of growers to nab the grapes for this wine at the right price. It's all about who you know, you know!
- As fresh as a summer breeze with lusciously light peachy fruits, a lively lemony zing, and a vivacious bright finish that'll leave you longing for another (big) sip.
- Like Sauvignon Blanc? Then you’ll love this. Ben selects exclusive parcels of grapes from a co-operative in the tiny village of Pinet, making a beautifully fresh, zippy white.
- 'Pic-de-What?' you say... Yes, it's got a funny name. And yes, it comes in a funny looking bottle. But that's exactly why it doesn't cost an awful lot more.
- His little-known wine won't be little-known forever so you really should get in now before everyone else does.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Mike is a hugely successful winemaker, with more medals and trophies than you can shake a stick at. And when he came to us wanting to make a wine with his own name on it - we nearly snapped his hand off.
- This is New Zealand fruit heaven with a little Loire twist. Punchy, herbacious and packed with gooseberries and lime, all wrapped up with a soft, elegant finish.
- Too many NZ wines focus on style over substance, so imagine how excited we are to give you a wine that's chocka with both - at around half the price. Stunning.
- I'm really interested in showing Sauvignon Blanc from lesser known regions in New Zealand. Waipara's version is typically more understated with quite a different structure to the palate. It's like a cross between a Kiwi Sauvignon and a good Sancerre.
- Naked have been amazing in supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wines from small and often unknown regions. Thanks to them I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Angels.
- This one is a true Waipara style with stonefruits, golden kiwifruit and green plums. Luscious on the palate with plenty of ripe fruits, weighty mid palate and a satisfyingly fresh finish. I like to think of it as a Sauvignon with a difference!
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
- Coming from an area known for its reds, where whites don’t get much of a look in, Katie and her Monsieur Jones were set on showing Angels that whites can hold their own here and boy have they gone and done just that!
- She added a smidgen of Muscat to their traditional Grenache and Macabeo blend - but don’t be fooled, there’s none of the sweetness that usually comes hand in hand with Muscat here.
- This is an aromatic, fresh, fruity and seriously easy-drinking wine. We certainly can’t get enough of it; especially for just £9.99 a bottle!
- Say the words’ Côtes du Rhône’ and you’d be forgiven for thinking instantly of a luscious red wine, but enter Denis Crespo who wants to give the whites of the Southern Rhône their chance in the spotlight.
- The vines thrived on the gentle, sunny slopes of the area and produced some seriously stunning grapes. Light, floral notes and touch of zingy acidity give freshness and a beautiful balance to this rich and flavourful Grenache blend.
- A little birdie told us that 2018 was a small but fantastic vintage so scoop up a bottle (or two!) of Denis’ liquid gold now to be sure you don’t miss out.
- I have a great passion for the indigenus white varieties growing in Italy. The coast of Tuscany is famous in Italy for being the best places to grow Vermentino, and I wanted to show off this wonderful grape to the Angels in the UK.
- Naked Wines have given me the opportunity to find the best block grapes in a vineyard in the incredible landscape of Tuscany, right next to the sea.
- The wine is very crisp and mineral, with floral and almost salty notes due to the Vineyard's prime location. It's a complex wine with an unusual longevity for a white varietal.