WE'RE NOT SURE
- My Oeil de Perdrix is a subtle and elegant expression of pink English fizz. It's finer and more graceful than a full rosé so we bottle it in green glass to protect the delicate colour from the effects of UV light.
- Oeil de Perdrix means 'eye of the partridge' - referring to the pretty blush colour of the wine. It's made by pressing red grapes in a champagne press and so a little colour is left in the clear juice. Ripe strawberries and raspberries dance across your tongue with a fresh and clean finish.
- There's only a small amount to go round. But Angel funding will enable us to make even more pure, delicious, English pink fizz to put into our cellars for you to drink in years to come!
- I first made this Cava in 1998 for my own wedding and haven't stopped producing it since...
- At first I made small amounts to sell to family and friends, until Naked gave me the possibility to make a bigger production. Thanks to your funding I can keep on producing these bubbles for my next wedding anniversary!
- I really wanted to make a Cava true to the Champagne method. So I age it in the bottle as long as possible (in this vintage 5 years). This gives a lovely crispness and intensity. The delicate and fine bubbles tickle your tongue with pure, fresh apple and pear fruit. I hope you enjoy it!