- Christian’s best-selling Italian blockbuster Appassimento remains one of our most popular wines of all time.
- Christian leaves the juicy grapes to sunbathe in the southern Italian sunshine - sending the flavour through the roof. The result is a wine that roars with power and muscle, but also charms you with that unmistakable Italian charm.
- Rich, smooth and satisfyingly powerful, every drop of this dark, brooding wine is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit, all wrapped in a big oaky hug. It’s a red lover’s dream.
Christian's Montepulciano is everything you want in an Italian red. Big and full of ripe red fruits, it’s a perfectly plush wine.
Mulberries and violets on the nose leading to juicy damsons and cherries on the palate. So smooth you'll think someone's lined your glass with velvet!
An all round crowd-pleaser with a soft spot in its ruby-red heart for Italian food - match it up with pastas or a rich lasagne and let your satisfaction levels hit the roof.
- When Connie Schwaderer found a prime vineyard full of pristine old vine Malbec grapes about to be snapped up by one of Chile’s most famous wineries. We told her to nab the lot.
- With oodles of sunshine, hot days and cool nights, Chile is utopia for Malbec grapes. The ideal growing conditions mean the grapes ripen to perfection.
- She says: “this wine was made in the vineyard not in the winery” - and you can taste the pride and passion in every drop. Connie has pulled out all the stops with this one.
- From the talent who made Solaia and Tignanello - two of the most iconic (and eye-wateringly expensive) wines to ever come out of Italy.
- Stefano managed to nab a parcel of top notch Montepulciano grapes and has crafted an intense and velvety wine exclusively for Angels.
- Full to the brim with bright red fruit and rich dark chocolate, it’s the perfect wine to crack open with a tummy warming gamey stew.
- I've been making my old vine Primitivo in this area of Southern Italy - Puglia, for many years, and I've always wanted to release a really special selection with some of the finest tanks and barrels available.
- Having worked closely with the vineyards and winery for so long, I've been able to select the best parcels in this area to make a Primitivo that I know Angels will really love.
- This is a Primitivo for those who like their wines a dark inky red, with intense dark fruits and spice, and a perfect balance of finely integrated tannins and creamy oak.
From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
- Whilst visiting my Terra Calda old vine Primitivo vineyards last year, I stumbled across these extra-special old Nero di Troia and Negroamaro vines. I've always loved the varieties from this region, and so I tried something I don't think the Italians have tried before - creating a seriously-special, unique blend.
- Working as a team with Naked Wines has given me flexibility and confidence in experimenting with these tiny vineyards, nestled deep South of Puglia. The result is a wine that's intensely deep in colour with elegant aromas of violet, dark chocolate, mocha and spice.
- The floral notes follow on to the palate, with dark cherries, blackberries and creamy vanilla notes, with a long lingering finish and firm, but balanced tannins. Still a baby, that will reward those who wait, but given several hours decanted, it opens up well already.
Dominic Hentall, Winemaker
- This is the most popular and charismatic grape variety native to Bulgaria. Mavrud is part of our Bulgarian wine and general culture - I hope Angels will love it as much as we do.
- Naked Wines is using the most powerful tools – innovations and internet. Investing in winemakers and giving the opportunity for direct interaction between the customers and the winemakers is a revolution and fair game for each party – this win-win philosophy is very attractive to us.
- Spicy, fruity, oaky wine with a good maturing potential and typical local character. Very good acidity, with an abundance of stewed-fruit flavours on the palate with a herbal characteristic we hope you'll love.
Angel Angelov, Winemaker
- Portugal is quickly becoming the holy grail for sensational reds without the hefty price tag.
- This little beauty from the cellars of one of our favourite winemakers Luis is a blend of several local varieties, which is what gives it surprising complexity for such a low price.
- It's the perfect tummy-warming red to ease you into the chilly winter nights. Light the fire, pop your comfies on and pour yourself a large glass of this.
Earlier this year, whilst on my travels around northern Spain, I ended up in the small town of Lerma and sat down to a delicious lunch of lamb…
Served alongside it was the Tierras del Arlanza and I was blown away! It’s a powerful blend of Tempranillo and Cabernet Sauvignon, which packs a serious punch, especially considering its £8.99 price tag.
It’s the perfect winter warmer to have a few bottles of sitting in your rack to pull out for any occasion.
Eamon, Wine Guy