WE'RE NOT SURE
- This boutique Cab Sav is produced in the under-the-radar Tulbagh region of South Africa.
- Compared to Stellenbosch, Tulbagh is a teensy, little-known region. But it punches well above its weight. Its world-class reds are turning heads. And they are all down to its unique micro-climate.
- Deep ruby-red in colour, its oodles of rich black berry flavours and a lick of spice, it's a wine with real oomph that's guaranteed to get your taste buds going. Plus it can easily be kept for up to 8 years from vintage if you have the patience!
- Back Door wines are top-notch wines sold off by prestigious wineries for rock-bottom prices in exchange for complete secrecy. So we can’t tell you which vineyard this is from, but we can tell you it sits on some of the most prestigious (and expensive) terroir in South Africa - nestled right between Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.
- Your reigning Winemaker of the Year, Johan Kruger, drives past the vineyard every day, and let’s just say he has friends in high places. He managed to convince a mate there to let him have a few bottles of this premium wine for a knock down price, so he could pass it on to Angels.
- The vineyard is famous for producing world class reds and this one is no different - smooth, spicy and delightfully easy to drink. It’s pure pleasure in a bottle and we can’t thank Johan enough.