- This wine is a walk on the wild side of Marlborough - there's no Sauvignon Blanc quite like it. Naked have shown great faith in supporting our Lay of the Land range of Marlborough wines, and are showing another leap along with our Angels in the creation of our new Sauvignon.
- We whole-bunch pressed the grapes and wild-fermented the juice in old oak barrels for two months on its original yeast lees. The result? A Sauvignon Blanc that's drier than you'd expect for Marlborough, but also riper and with more minerality.
- Imagine a cross between the finesse of a Pouilly Fume and the lift, drive and verve of fruit from our beautiful slice of paradise down here in Marlborough, and you'll come close to the unique taste of this small batch wine.
Mike Paterson, Winemaker
- Naked were extremely open to me pushing the boundaries with Sauvignon Blanc. They encouraged me to challenge the norm, and break all the rules.
- I absolutely love the versatility of Sauvignon Blanc. When the fruit is good enough, it's a real treat to allow some juice to ferment in premium oak. This takes the Sauvignon Blanc to a whole other level.
- I’m really thrilled with the result. Make sure you take the time to decant and let those oaky flavours integrate. The critics agree – it just picked up a Gold medal and 3 trophies including Best Sauvignon Blanc at the prestigious IWC awards!
Liam McElhinney, Winemaker