From the gentle slopes of Southern France comes Denis’ debut wine for Angels and it’s a seriously classy one that had us grinning from ear to ear from the first sip. No wonder this guy is so highly sought after!
Dark red in colour, with a sumptuous mix of spicy aromas and gorgeous dark fruits such as cherries and blackcurrants, this wine boasts a superb structure and the long, round finish that’s typical of wines from the area.
2017 was a sensational vintage so snap up a bottle of this fruity, full bodied Rhône wine before word gets out and it’s all gone!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- When we first bought the Jas de Bressy vineyards they were in a poor shape, however we were able to keep all the old vines on the estate to make this Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
- As we harvest this estate at the end of the season we are able to harvest the whole bunch of grapes without desteming, as even the stems are ripe enough at this point. The wine we end up is very concentrated and requires much longer ageing in oak.
- Our Chateau Jas de Bressy is subtle and elegant, with the sort of robust red colour and dark fruit flavours you would expect from the highest quality Châteauneuf-du-Pape. While you can drink it now, if you were to wait for 10-20 years you will be able to see the flavours fully develop.
Frederic Maillet, Winemaker
- I’ve been making this wine since 2005 (the first time it was my wedding wine) but this is the first time I’ve sold it. I’m excited to be able to share it with my Angels to say thank you for funding me!
- My total production of this wine is still only 9 barrels! It’s made in artisanal way, almost 100% handmade trying to show the very best identity of traditional winemaking processes.
- Packed with intense, concentrated and vibrant red and black fruits with a spicy finish. It's a really interesting and exclusive blend of the best terroirs. I can’t wait to hear what you think of it.
- Carmen Stevens hardly needs any introduction to most Angels. She’s the unsung winemaking hero you helped us pluck from obscurity in South Africa. Her latest Naked outing comes in the form of this voluptuous, versatile Cabernet blend from the sunshine-soaked Coastal Region.
- This is Carmen’s homage to Bordeaux, only better. Like Bordeaux it’s made from only premium, sophisticated grapes. But unlike Bordeaux, they come from the sun-drenched vineyards of South Africa, taking the flavour through the roof.
- This deep ruby drop is packed with intense blackcurrant fruits, with a hint of juicy red berries - finished off with a tender touch of posh oak. It's the best of both worlds in a bottle, just for you.
- Richard spent years making fine wines for the most prestigious winery in South Africa. Now with a sprinkle of Angel funding, he's bringing all of his passion, experience and know-how to your glass.
- An elegant and refined Syrah with a graceful touch. Bursting with fresh and vibrant dark fruits... with a splice of ground white pepper to give it that spicy kick Syrah is famous for.
- This delectable drop makes the perfect crowning glory on your finest Sunday roast - grab yourself a lovely top-side of beef and watch their jaws drop.
- This blend is sourced from vineyards throughout the Napa Valley AVA, most of which being located in the Rutherford AVA. Vineyards in this area are perfect for delivering this wine style targeted, as the fruit gets nice and ripe without loosing intensity and the tannins provide great richness and texture without being overly astringent.
- Bordeaux styles of winemaking are employed with particular attention to making sure to elevate the fruit and minimize aggressive tannins.
- Inviting dark red purple appearance, plenty of rich ripe fruit on the nose and palate, and a silky smooth texture that gives the wine its classic, moreish Napa character.
Matt Parish, winemaker
- I love drinking SGM and adore the challenge of blending these varieties to achieve a balanced, elegant, and perhaps most of all, intriguing wine.
- Angel votes and funding made it possible for me to source some exceptional parcels of Shiraz, Grenache and Mourvèdre from my old stomping ground in McLaren Vale.
- This is a beautifully silky SGM, with both fruit power yet so much elegance and restraint. Bright red fruits weave seamlessly with hints of spice, with a smooth texture that carries over the palate and has a long fresh finish.
Nina Stocker, Winemaker
- The almost forgotten wine region of Ribera Sacra in North-West Spain is where Carlos set his sights on for this his next, and if we may add, monumental, challenge.
It’s a hands on affair, where colossal amounts of dedication and commitment are required to overcome the challenges of growing organically here. Is it really worth all the effort we hear you ask? Hell yeah!
This is an unctuously smooth wine that had Ray, our Wine Nut, waxing lyrical about it’s silky tannins and delicious flavours of both red and blackcurrants. It’s unashamedly Old World in style and, if you can resist the temptation to drink it now, a perfect bottle to be laid down for a good few years.
- This is the pinnacle of Hearts and Bones red wines; a classic Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon that has the potential to cellar well for 10 or more years.
- This wine has a lovely sweet core of berry fruits bridled by some supple fruit and oak tannins.
- The Hearts and Bones range is what making wine outside of large corporations should taste like.
- Katie snapped up 100 year old, lower than low-yield vines - only producing a single bottle of rich, ravishingly ripe fruit per vine - to make her sumptuous Old Vine Carignan.
- The result is a beautifully concentrated and vibrant drop, packed with juicy blueberries with a super-smoooooth and ever-so-spicy finish.
- And because your Angel funding saved Katie when she needed it most - she's made it exclusive to you - at a mere snip of what it's worth.