WE'RE NOT SURE
- We are whipping out the big guns and that starts with this show stopping Top Shelf Cabernet Merlot from Stuart Pym.
- The nose is rich and complex with fresh fruit impacts of lifted red and blue berries, damask plum and hints of cassis. This is all floating with subtle cedary notes from the French Oak.
- A rich lush wine of profound generosity, yet a retained sense of elegance with every sip. Mulberries, plums and blackberries enchant with every sip. The Merlot creates a perfect wine to drink now and combined with the Cabernet Sauvignon packs in tannins making it perfect to lay down for a few years too (if you can resist).
- OK, if you think of Aussie Shiraz at one end of the spectrum, and Rhone Syrah at the other, this is pretty much bang in the middle of both, thanks to the unique skills of winemaker Caroline Mooney.
- On the one hand it has the bravado of a top class Aussie Shiraz, on the other, the sophistication and silkiness of top quality Rhone. In other words...it's pretty damn good!
- A wine that looks amazing to drink now for the impatient amongst you. But good things come to those who wait - this Syrah has some serious aging potential 15 years down the line…if you can wait that long!
- Until now, multi-award winning winemaker Caroline has been making tiny quantities of SERIOUSLY premium stuff in the Yarra Valley.
- But thanks to the wonders of Angel funding she's been able to create this super special Syrah at a more wallet-friendly price.
- This is a must-try for Shiraz lovers - bursting with rich juicy berries, with a delicious whack of peppery spice to finish. Divine.
- From Australia's home for Pinot Noir, Caroline has crafted this incredibly soft and silky wine with spoonfuls of blackberry and dark cherry fruit.
- And the critics are already rating it: "This lovely Pinot is velvety...very textural and...delicious." The Wine Detective.
- You have all funded the production of this knockout wine, by purchasing the grapes and even the wine press itself...hence the name!