WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill and Claudia used your Angel pennies to get their hands on the grapes from some of the very best Sauvignon vineyards in New Zealand... to make a wine that will please even the pickiest of Sauvignon lovers.
- From the first sip, it's an explosion of luscious Marlborough fruit flavour. Fresh grapefruit, zingy gooseberries and juicy, mouth watering pear drops all fuse together to make an exceptional tropical tipple.
- Named after their daughter Sylvia - Sauvignon doesn't get more special than this. Previous vintages won medals galore, and we think that this one is even better... all thanks to Angel funding!
Picture this. You’re in the heart of the Limari Valley in Chile where blue sky reigns year round and there’s a refreshing ocean breeze coming in from the Pacific. It’s the perfect place to grow healthy, fresh and aromatic white grapes which is exactly why Connie picked it.
- Light yellow, almost white, in colour with delicate floral notes, this absolute stunner is all yours for just £7.99.
- If you like your fresh Chilean whites then get this in your basket stat as there are only a handful of bottles to go around. It’s a great one for sharing. Or not. We won’t judge.
Verdil, a rare golden-yellow grape variety almost exclusive to southeastern Spain, has been in huge decline over the years. Luckily Diego and a handful of others have come to its rescue and are creating balanced and lively wines that are sure to impress!
His organic vineyards thrive under the glorious sunshine and cool sea breeze of the area, and the white clay soil enhances the delicious creaminess of all that fruit.
Pale yellow in colour, with citrus and apricots on the nose and a subtle hint of anise, this is a seriously smooth wine with a delightful long finish. Diego likens it to meeting up with an old friend where you can’t stop smiling and time flies unnoticed...And we couldn’t agree more!
- Last year we asked what new wines Angels want to see on the site. You replied loud and clear that you want more entry level wines. So we set out on a mission to find you some affordable gems… and boy have we found a beauty!
- The know-how and passion of the Gayrel Vineyard team make it possible to produce wines that guarantee authenticity, modernity, originality and tradition but give you great bang for your buck. The price is frankly ridiculous...
- This Sauvignon captures the intense aromas of grapefuit, lemon and lime whilst flooding the mouth with subtle and delicate flavours. Be warned - a wine of this quality, from a super talented new winemaking duo at such a bargain price isn’t going to last long.
- Simply put, Richard is pure winemaking talent. He wanted to bring Angels something new so who were we to stop him?
- His Marsanne is packed with fruitiness galore. Think apricots, white peaches, pears, melons and you’d be spot on. There’s a slight minerally edge and touch of spice too that gives this wine a fabulously rich texture.
- Richard’s advice? Enjoy it young! Although if you’d like to see the silky, exotic texture develop in complexity, by all means lay this one down for a couple of years.
- After a long hard day working in his hot and sunny Douro vineyard, Oscar loves nothing more than hanging out with his mates and sharing a glass (bottle) or two of his white wine.
- He's decided to make a few extra bottles... so his Angels can share with their friends too!
- Oscar's Douro white is packed with rich and intense lemon and vibrant ripe pear flavours, with a crisp and clean finish. Sunshine in a bottle.
- A wine made at low-temperature to retain the fantastic aromas of the specially-selected, hand-picked grapes.
- The colour is pale yellow with greenish hues. For taste, think white fruit and subtle floral notes with a good whack of minerality on the finish. Pow!
- With its fruity, fresh mouth feel it pairs well with steamed vegetables, or pasta topped with cheese or creamy sauce.
- We've had a bunch of requests from Angels for a still English wine... so we had a chat to Sam and the team at Bolney, and we've bagged a small parcel of her delicious Bacchus 2017.
- It's not your typical Naked tipple... it’s not Angel funded, and it’s available elsewhere. But once we'd tasted it, we thought you'd appreciate us getting some in for you to taste. You’ll have to get your skates on though, there are only a handful bottles available.
- Often referred to as 'England’s Sauvignon Blanc', Sam’s hand-picked Bacchus is a fragrant wine with aromas of ripe green apple and gooseberry, blending perfectly with vibrant, fresh fruit flavours and a hint of spice on the finish.
- As a Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay fanatic I thought these should be the leading components of the Angels Selection. After many days of blending and looking at possible partners for the Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay I stumbled upon this lovely third C called Colombard, the wine just lifted the already fruity nose into a new dimension.
- Naked helped me fund this amazing and exciting project. If not the case, these wines would have possibly been sold in bulk and this bottle of pleasure would never have been able to reach you. Well done Naked for having a nose to smell out the best.
- The Chardonnay gives this wine depth, a creamy mouthfeel and some exciting minerality, the pineapple and lovely tropical fruit come from the Chenin Blanc and the third C, Colombard just lifts the nose with citrus and a spicy edge on the finish. . . YUMMY!
- Pinot Gris has been grown in the Pfalz region for some time. I love Pinot Gris as a wine… it is literally a Pinot Noir with no colour. It can be just as complex, and the finest examples are quite challenging to make.
- I wanted to make a fresher style of Pinot Gris which still has richness, texture and a sense of place. To do this I selected 3 vineyard sites (hence the *3*) for the project. The different vineyards all contribute to the complexity of the wine.
- The outcome is something pretty special. Succulent ripe fruity flavours of apple, melon and pear with a rich textural quality and a fresh crisp finish.