WE'RE NOT SURE
- Bill and Claudia used your Angel pennies to get their hands on the grapes from some of the very best Sauvignon vineyards in New Zealand... to make a wine that will please even the pickiest of Sauvignon lovers.
- From the first sip, it's an explosion of luscious Marlborough fruit flavour. Fresh grapefruit, zingy gooseberries and juicy, mouth watering pear drops all fuse together to make an exceptional tropical tipple.
- Named after their daughter Sylvia - Sauvignon doesn't get more special than this. Previous vintages won medals galore, and we think that this one is even better... all thanks to Angel funding!
Verdil, a rare golden-yellow grape variety almost exclusive to southeastern Spain, has been in huge decline over the years. Luckily Diego and a handful of others have come to its rescue and are creating balanced and lively wines that are sure to impress!
His organic vineyards thrive under the glorious sunshine and cool sea breeze of the area, and the white clay soil enhances the delicious creaminess of all that fruit.
Pale yellow in colour, with citrus and apricots on the nose and a subtle hint of anise, this is a seriously smooth wine with a delightful long finish. Diego likens it to meeting up with an old friend where you can’t stop smiling and time flies unnoticed...And we couldn’t agree more!
- Last year we asked what new wines Angels want to see on the site. You replied loud and clear that you want more entry level wines. So we set out on a mission to find you some affordable gems… and boy have we found a beauty!
- The know-how and passion of the Gayrel Vineyard team make it possible to produce wines that guarantee authenticity, modernity, originality and tradition but give you great bang for your buck. The price is frankly ridiculous...
- This Sauvignon captures the intense aromas of grapefuit, lemon and lime whilst flooding the mouth with subtle and delicate flavours. Be warned - a wine of this quality, from a super talented new winemaking duo at such a bargain price isn’t going to last long.
- The idea for my 'Little Angel White' came about after the most amazing response from Naked Angels to help me feed over 3,000 disadvantaged school kids in Stellenbosch. I wanted to make a special wine to honour the Angels who have touched the lives of so many children.
- Armed with Angel funding I was able to get my hands on delicious, ethically produced fruit and give it the best treatment so you get the full expression of the vineyard.
- This deliciously sassy wine is a big warm, appreciative thank you, from the children and me. It's a beautiful fusion of heaps of yummy fruit including fresh limes, peaches and baked apple... I really hope you enjoy it!
Carmen Stevens, Winemaker
- Simply put, Richard is pure winemaking talent. He wanted to bring Angels something new so who were we to stop him?
- His Marsanne is packed with fruitiness galore. Think apricots, white peaches, pears, melons and you’d be spot on. There’s a slight minerally edge and touch of spice too that gives this wine a fabulously rich texture.
- Richard’s advice? Enjoy it young! Although if you’d like to see the silky, exotic texture develop in complexity, by all means lay this one down for a couple of years.
- After a long hard day working in his hot and sunny Douro vineyard, Oscar loves nothing more than hanging out with his mates and sharing a glass (bottle) or two of his white wine.
- He's decided to make a few extra bottles... so his Angels can share with their friends too!
- Oscar's Douro white is packed with rich and intense lemon and vibrant ripe pear flavours, with a crisp and clean finish. Sunshine in a bottle.
- A wine made at low-temperature to retain the fantastic aromas of the specially-selected, hand-picked grapes.
- The colour is pale yellow with greenish hues. For taste, think white fruit and subtle floral notes with a good whack of minerality on the finish. Pow!
- With its fruity, fresh mouth feel it pairs well with steamed vegetables, or pasta topped with cheese or creamy sauce.
- Nantes is best known as the birthplace of sci-fi legend Jules Verne, but thanks to the Francois Lieubeau and his family.... now it's on the winemaking map too!
- Characterful, complex and decadently dry, it's beautiful balancing act of subtle citrus lifts and fresh pears - all finished off with the sort of moreish minerality that'll leave you longing for one last sip.
- The label is based on one of Verne’s most famous stories. It even makes food pairing simple - grab yourself a bottle, and show it some love with the freshest seafood you can find!
- We've had a bunch of requests from Angels for a still English wine... so we had a chat to Sam and the team at Bolney, and we've bagged a small parcel of her delicious Bacchus 2017.
- It's not your typical Naked tipple... it’s not Angel funded, and it’s available elsewhere. But once we'd tasted it, we thought you'd appreciate us getting some in for you to taste. You’ll have to get your skates on though, there are only a handful bottles available.
- Often referred to as 'England’s Sauvignon Blanc', Sam’s hand-picked Bacchus is a fragrant wine with aromas of ripe green apple and gooseberry, blending perfectly with vibrant, fresh fruit flavours and a hint of spice on the finish.
- As a Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay fanatic I thought these should be the leading components of the Angels Selection. After many days of blending and looking at possible partners for the Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay I stumbled upon this lovely third C called Colombard, the wine just lifted the already fruity nose into a new dimension.
- Naked helped me fund this amazing and exciting project. If not the case, these wines would have possibly been sold in bulk and this bottle of pleasure would never have been able to reach you. Well done Naked for having a nose to smell out the best.
- The Chardonnay gives this wine depth, a creamy mouthfeel and some exciting minerality, the pineapple and lovely tropical fruit come from the Chenin Blanc and the third C, Colombard just lifts the nose with citrus and a spicy edge on the finish. . . YUMMY!