- I've spent most of my winemaking career in Tuscany... but thanks to Naked Angels I’ve been given the opportunity to turn my hand to a spectacular white wine from Veneto.
- It’s very rare that a Tuscan winemaker gets the chance to work in this region. Thanks to your funding and support, together we have made it a reality!
- My Bianco Trevenezie is an intensely fresh, fruity and flavoursome white with just the right crispness and length. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.
- With 92% of Angels loving the previous vintages and voting with their feet to buy it again, Joost's Sauvignon is one of our most popular wines. So fill your boots folks because the 2017 is here, and it's a belter.
- It's French, it's French Sauvignon, it's French Sauvignon from the Loire. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to YOU and thousands of other Angels.
- Its beauty lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality.
- Mike's Pinot Gris is a belter! Insanely tropical, tongue-tingly and rich... with that super-crisp tropical fruitiness New Zealand is famous for. Sunshine in a bottle.
- With Sauvignon Blanc stealing all the praise for Marlborough, it’s easy to forget that it’s a paradise for other grapes too. Luckily Mike used Angel funding to snaffle a parcel of perfect Pinot Gris from an immaculate vineyard to create an absolute belter of a wine.
- WARNING: This wine is dangerously drinkable... with or without food. Don't say we didn't warn you!
- Rod's reserve Sauvignon Blanc from Hawke's Bay is bursting at the seams with tropical fruit flavour. Thanks to Angel funding he's managed to make it at a steal.
Marlborough may steal the limelight from critics but this beauty from Hawke's Bay is packed full of New Zealand vibrant intensity.
Bright citrus, passion fruit, elderflower and lemongrass all wrapped up with a zippy freshness that makes you want to quaff more. Just crack it open and pour!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- The search for a decent bottle of Chablis at a price that won't have the bank manager running screaming from the room has come to an end at last. And it's pretty damn good even though we say it ourselves.
- It ticks all the boxes. Great lemon and apple flavours. Tick. Lovely mineral quality. Tick. Long finish with great raciness. Tick.
- It's a classic with most fish dishes, but it has enough body and strength to stand up to a little bit of chicken tandoori if you've a taste for it.
- Joost’s winery has won a rep among wine critics for producing some of the finest sauce in the Sauvignon Blanc universe. And Sauvignon doesn’t come any lusher than Pouilly Fumé.
- Think pure, vibrant, mouth-watering luxury in a bottle. Then give it an OBE. Joost's Pouilly Fumé is crisp, complex and posh enough to be served with a trumpet fanfare.
- It tastes great on its own, even better with pan-fried scallops or steamy pasta. Or simply rip open a freshly baked French stick and go totally bonkers with the Brie.
- What’s fresher than a spray of ocean air, and zestier than a lemon convention? If you answered Pinot Grigio, you’d be absolutely right. And, if you didn't, maybe it's time you gave it a try.
- Our Italian bubble genius, Paolo, has set his sights on this Italian stalwart... and boy, has he made it worth your while! This crisp beauty will zip across your taste buds with a slice of apple and a touch of white peach.
- At a slender 12% it can be enjoyed on its lonesome or as a companion for steaming hot pasta with a rich creamy sauce.
- I am really interested in showing Sauvignon Blanc from lesser known regions in New Zealand. As wine drinkers around the world love and appreciate Marlborough Sauvignon, I'm now witnessing an eagerness for people to discover other takes on this great variety. Waipara's version is typically more understated with quite a different structure to the palate, like a cross between a Kiwi Sauvignon and a good Sancerre.
- Naked have been completely supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wine from a small and often unknown region. Through the incredible journey that was the crowd funding to help me get off the ground, their continual support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked and the Angels.
- A true Waipara style with stonefruits, golden kiwifruit and green plums. Luscious on the palate with plenty of ripe fruits, weighty mid palate and a satisfyingly fresh finish. I like to think of it as a Sauvignon with a difference!
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
- Winemakers don't come much more talented and passionate than Carmen. She's weaved her magic on a premium, pure and pristine Sauvignon - and it's bloomin' gorgeous.
- Armed with your funding, Carmen was able to painstakingly pick the perfect grapes, and age them in the finest barrels in her winery – to make this spectacular Sauvignon.
- From the first slurp, lime and goosegogs smack you in the tongue. Close your eyes and you could be drinking Pouilly-Fumé or decadent Sancerre. Spot on with a big steaming bowl of creamy mussels.
Angels voted in their thousands to give Dom the funding to 'Make Riesling Great Again' by making a gentle-pressed wine made from local Waipara grapes. Boy, has he delivered.
You'll find the best of the Waipara region in this wine - with an aromatic touch of mandarin peel, honeysuckle and peach, this wine makes your tastebuds tingle before a long fruity finish.
It's the most refined Riesling you'll ever taste... All from a tiny corner of NZ!