- Richard does Elgin best. Fact. To prove it, he's won the ultimate accolade in South African winemaking, the Platter 5 stars for Chardonnay
- All this meant it was a no-brainer to invest in Richard. We've landed up with Burgundian quality at South African prices
- The doyenne of wine writing, Jancis Robinson, wrote a glowing review of a previous vintage. And awarded it a fine score of 16.5+/20
- Scott has slaved over the very best Chardonnay grapes he could find to make you a wine packed with all the best bits of the variety.
- The juice-drenched ripe fruit of an English orchard, with a blast of Californian sunshine - aged to perfection in French oak for a gorgeously buttery finish. Close your eyes, feel the sun on your face and take a sip... yep, you're already there!
- You're getting a top-shelf wine for virtually half the price. It doesn't get much better than that.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- As many of you know, we like a challenge and the thought of making still wine in England was one that was just too good to miss!
- We’d be the first to admit that we initially vowed never to make still wine in England, (being too used to the 320 days of sunshine at Domaine de Sainte Rose), however, the 2018 harvest was just so good we couldn’t resist trying!
- By selecting this wine, Naked Wines has made a commitment to supporting the dynamic English wine industry and by purchasing this wine, you Angels have supported a home grown product. It’s the only English Blanc de Noirs made from Pinot Meunier and is a fresh and elegant wine which we hope you enjoy!
Charles & Ruth Simpson, Winemakers
2018 has been labelled as ‘the vintage of the century’ for English wines so Charles and Ruth decided there was no better time to try something a bit special and knew a Reserve Chardonnay would fit the bill perfectly.
- Grapes straight from their vineyard in the rolling Kent countryside were hand-picked before spending 6 months in plush French oak barrels and bottled up ready for Angels.
- This elegant, fruit-forward and luscious Chard is a beautiful example of the magic Angel funding makes happen. Think premium White Burgundy or posh Napa Chard. So from the Simpsons, and from us, a huge thank you for supporting the English wine industry.
- Charles and Ruth may spend most of the year tending to their vineyards in Southern France but 2018 was too good a vintage to miss in the UK so they hurried back into Blighty to make the most out of ‘the vintage of the century’!
- They hand harvested Chardonnay grapes from their vineyards nestled amongst the rolling hills around Canterbury and set about making one of their first still English wines. If ever there was a year it was going to work, it was this one.
- The result is a refreshing, smooth, tropical fruit flavoured sensation! Close your eyes and you could be drinking Premier Cru Chablis...just without a big dent in your wallet. The Simpsons are so thankful for Angel’s unwavering support and hope you love drinking this Chardonnay as much as they loved making it!
- The 2017 Dunnolly Estate Reserve Chardonnay is so special. The wine has been elevated to the next level!
- The nose is a delicate balance of white nectarines & citrus peel, there is an enticing creaminess and warmth coming from the new French Barriques. On the first sip, the palate flourishes showing the natural acid length and a rich encompassing mouthfeel.
- Our style of Chardonnay is designed to be subtle. Gentle flavours of apricot & citrus and balanced with a delicate acidity. With the vintage being on the cooler side I needed to ensure that there was still this generosity, without detracting from our signature wine style and pronounced femininity.
- I made this wine with the Angels in mind. I wanted to bring a sense of luxury that unfortunately our summer didn’t provide!
- Nicky Parish, Winemaker
- This appellation is famed in Burgundy, it is one that I have always loved. The winery where I make my Saint Veran, has a small parcel of Pouilly Fuisse vineyards close by and I was able to secure this small parcel especially for myself and Naked Wines.
- By giving me support and letting me look out for new projects and special vineyards, I am able to commit to making wines, confident that the Naked Angels will love them.
- This is a creamy, buttery Burgundy that boasts a rich dollop of lemon curd to round it off perfectly with and is a wine that will age well over the next few years.
- My wife Emma and I are both fanatical about Chardonnay, but Emma takes her obsession to another level. Our home vineyard has Chardonnay planted closest to our house so Emma can pull the curtains and see the vines in the morning!
- When we got the chance to make this top-end Hawke's Bay Chardonnay for Angels, it made sense for it to be Emma’s baby. She’s given it the real prestige Chardonnay treatment from vineyard to winery.
- This is proper grown up Chardonnay modelled on the best vintages from Burgundy. It’s bristling with character, texture and richness with juicy white peach flavours and vanilla notes. All balanced by a succulent cool-climate acidity which cuts through, giving the wine levity and freshness.
- The masterpiece of the Alsace wines, Gewürztraminer is my favourite grape to work with.
- My Gewürztraminer has a fantastic floral nose... take a sip and you'll be met with deliciously concentrated pear and peach fruits, with a mellow spicy aromatic finish.
- A lot of wine can't stand up to spicy food, but my Gewürztraminer is perfect with spicy Asian cuisine. Try it with a Thai curry - you won't be disappointed.