WE'RE NOT SURE
- We gave Mike a big budget to make the wine of his dreams and, as it turns out, it only takes a little bit more in cost to get a whole lot more in taste.
- Mike picked the best grapes from an elevated single vineyard site (to maximise those tropical Kiwi flavours) then aged the wine for 12 months (for extra finesse and complexity) so you can be sure that when you pop open the bottle you're drinking Marlborough Sauvignon at its very best.
- Think luscious exotic fruits with a playful citrus zing. It's crisp, refreshing and a wine that has Angels coming back for more every year, which we think says it all.
- Sancerre is the ultimate in Sauvignon Blanc. With Roblin Sancerre you get a big mouthful of wine that has the hallmark zest and minerality for which the Sancerre appellation is famous for.
- We take great care of the soil around each vine to ensure that the grapes reach their peak of ripeness. The fruit is handled as little as possible so that it expresses all of the vivid aromatic characteristics of Sancerre.
- Crisp, concentrated and textured, our Sancerre is the perfect match for fresh, delicious seafood, or gooey goats cheese. It also goes surprisingly well with flavoursome Asian dishes.
Matthias and Emile, Winemakers
- From some of the oldest vines in Santa Barbara County comes Rick’s deliciously crisp and fruity drop...
- He's been a winemaker in California for many years and knows the land like the back of his hand so you can bet only the best grapes have gone into this beautiful blend.
- Packed full of mouth-watering lemon, pear and ripe peach flavours and boasting a long, lingering finish - everything points to it becoming a firm favourite from across the pond!
- We didn't think Joost could actually make a better Sancerre, but he has surpassed himself - and thanks to Angel funding and sharp buying of grapes by Joost, it's still a steal.
- This is crisp with a capital C and has a tightly packed bundle of explosive gooseberry fruit waiting to go off in the mouth that is offset by a really lovely minerality and an uber long finish. Just so, so drinkable.
- You can't waste a serious Sancerre like this. Splash out on some lobster or a big bowl of mussels to make the most of it.
- The white wines of this area are greatly underrated. So when your continued support enabled me to purchase a couple of vineyards of Grenache Gris (which is pretty rare) and Grenache Blanc in my village of Tuchan... I jumped straight in!
- The vines are over 80 years old and I had had my eye on them for a while. Most white vineyards have been ripped up down here as it is predominantly a red wine producing area so I was pretty lucky to get in there before the digger did!
- The result is a wine that is elegantly fruity but not overpowering - it is subtle and sophisticated with a great freshness and should be drunk just below room temperature to allow the full flavours to develop. I hope you enjoy it!
Passerina is an almost forgotten grape in Italy; left behind in the rush for high yielding varieties but there was a parcel from the older vineyards on Riccardo’s estate and, thanks to Angel funding, he was able to give it a chance.
- He’s the man behind the rich and juicy, 93% rated Sottovento Montepulciano; a wine chosen by hundreds of Angels in a blind tasting, so you can be sure his nous for good wine is spot on.
- Mouth-wateringly refreshing and chock-full of crisp, delicate fruits, as Riccardo says, ‘although it really can be drunk throughout the year, the summer is definitely THE time to drink it’. No need to tell us twice, Riccardo!