WE'RE NOT SURE
- We gave Mike a big budget to make the wine of his dreams and, as it turns out, it only takes a little bit more in cost to get a whole lot more in taste.
- Mike picked the best grapes from an elevated single vineyard site (to maximise those tropical Kiwi flavours) then aged the wine for 12 months (for extra finesse and complexity) so you can be sure that when you pop open the bottle you're drinking Marlborough Sauvignon at its very best.
- Think luscious exotic fruits with a playful citrus zing. It's crisp, refreshing and a wine that has Angels coming back for more every year, which we think says it all.
- Joost’s winery has won a rep among wine critics for producing some of the finest sauce in the Sauvignon Blanc universe. And Sauvignon doesn’t come any lusher than Pouilly Fumé.
- Think pure, vibrant, mouth-watering luxury in a bottle. Then give it an OBE. Joost's Pouilly Fumé is crisp, complex and posh enough to be served with a trumpet fanfare.
- It tastes great on its own, even better with pan-fried scallops or steamy pasta. Or simply rip open a freshly baked French stick and go totally bonkers with the Brie.
- Sancerre is the ultimate in Sauvignon Blanc. With Roblin Sancerre you get a big mouthful of wine that has the hallmark zest and minerality for which the Sancerre appellation is famous for.
- We take great care of the soil around each vine to ensure that the grapes reach their peak of ripeness. The fruit is handled as little as possible so that it expresses all of the vivid aromatic characteristics of Sancerre.
- Crisp, concentrated and textured, our Sancerre is the perfect match for fresh, delicious seafood, or gooey goats cheese. It also goes surprisingly well with flavoursome Asian dishes.
Matthias and Emile, Winemakers
- We didn't think Joost could actually make a better Sancerre, but he has surpassed himself - and thanks to Angel funding and sharp buying of grapes by Joost, it's still a steal.
- This is crisp with a capital C and has a tightly packed bundle of explosive gooseberry fruit waiting to go off in the mouth that is offset by a really lovely minerality and an uber long finish. Just so, so drinkable.
- You can't waste a serious Sancerre like this. Splash out on some lobster or a big bowl of mussels to make the most of it.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Utter the name ‘Christian Patat’ and Angels would be forgiven for instantly thinking of his sell-out Appassimento but he’s no one-trick pony and is just as skilled with white grapes as he is with reds.
- For his Sauvignon Blanc, Christian headed straight to the Fruili Collo Orientali, literally ‘the eastern hills of Fruili’, up in the far north-eastern corner of Italy. The hills are home to some of the regions best vineyards and the one he set his heart on is full of 40-50 year old vines.
- Fresh, fruity and on par with those super popular French and Kiwi Sauvignons. Snap up your bottle today, gather up the family and get your very own taste of ‘la dolce vita’.
- Naked were extremely open to me pushing the boundaries with Sauvignon Blanc. They encouraged me to challenge the norm, and break all the rules.
- I absolutely love the versatility of Sauvignon Blanc. When the fruit is good enough, it's a real treat to allow some juice to ferment in premium oak. This takes the Sauvignon Blanc to a whole other level.
- I’m really thrilled with the result. Make sure you take the time to decant and let those oaky flavours integrate. The critics agree – it just picked up a Gold medal and 3 trophies including Best Sauvignon Blanc at the prestigious IWC awards!
Liam McElhinney, Winemaker