- We gave Mike a big budget to make the wine of his dreams and, as it turns out, it only takes a little bit more in cost to get a whole lot more in taste.
- Mike picked the best grapes from an elevated single vineyard site (to maximise those tropical Kiwi flavours) then aged the wine for 12 months (for extra finesse and complexity) so you can be sure that when you pop open the bottle you're drinking Marlborough Sauvignon at its very best.
- Think luscious exotic fruits with a playful citrus zing. It's crisp, refreshing and a wine that has Angels coming back for more every year, which we think says it all.
- Rod downed tools at one of the best wineries in New Zealand to work for you. Why? To make you wines like this Pinot Noir.
- Martinborough is Pinot Noir paradise... perched on the bottom tip of New Zealand's North Island. The long warm days give the grapes flavour, and blustery sea breezes (nature's air conditioning) keep everything cool and fresh
- A delicious and punchy Pinot Noir with blackcurrant, black cherry, and some serious brooding Burgundian texture. Absolutely divine.
- Olly Masters has built a rep as one of New Zealand’s finest winemakers and wine judges. He's made jaw-dropping wines for the world-famous Ata Rangi and Misha's Vineyard.
- Olly’s secret for turning the world’s trickiest grape into liquid gold. He’s a genius. He’s got more degrees than a thermometer, and has spent 30 years making world-class kit in Hawke’s Bay, Burgundy, and Martinborough.
- This is as classy a drop of Pinot as you’ll get your gums round all year. Pure elegance in a glass. With juicy berries and damson plums, dark chocolate, liquorice and spice, and a long lingering finish.
- My wife Emma and I are both fanatical about Chardonnay, but Emma takes her obsession to another level. Our home vineyard has Chardonnay planted closest to our house so Emma can pull the curtains and see the vines in the morning!
- When we got the chance to make this top-end Hawke's Bay Chardonnay for Angels, it made sense for it to be Emma’s baby. She’s given it the real prestige Chardonnay treatment from vineyard to winery.
- This is proper grown up Chardonnay modelled on the best vintages from Burgundy. It’s bristling with character, texture and richness with juicy white peach flavours and vanilla notes. All balanced by a succulent cool-climate acidity which cuts through, giving the wine levity and freshness.
With its low yields and intensely flavoured fruit, Hawke’s Bay Syrah has become highly sought after. The fruit from good sites is in short supply and it’s all thanks to Angels that I am able to get my hands on grapes for such a great price.
Red fruits coupled with the now trademark Hawke’s Bay Syrah aromas of black pepper and aniseed give this red real character, but what really stands out is the immense length of flavour it has on the finish.
I suspect that it will sell slowly initially until a few people have tasted and rated it and then it will disappear. So tuck in as there isn’t much to go round!
Rod Easthope, Winemaker