- My Reserva is something truly special that shows the best that Portugal has to offer, but still remains incredibly competitive in value. It brings a more complex and serious personality that will please even the most demanding drinkers.
- Having everyone's support at Naked and witnessing first-hand the positive feedback from Angels is the biggest motivation that I could ever ask for. My approach when making this wine was highly influenced by everything I learned from being part of Naked Wines.
- Once poured this wine starts oozing complex aromas of red and black fruits mixed with vanilla and some spices. It is a complex wine with soft and velvety notes of ripe fruit. A wine made to drink slowly that will offer you a rich and lingering aftertaste.
Let the ratings speak for themselves. The Hacienda range is easily the most popular Rioja we stock!
Rodolfo is dripping in medals and awards for his wine skills and he makes sure to save all of his best stuff for Angels.
His Winemaker's Choice Rioja is bursting with bright strawberry flavours with a slightly spicy finish - a classic Rioja. Soft, smooth and mellow, and unbeatable value for money.
Our flying winemaker Dom's favourite place to make wine is Puglia... and we can see why. This Primitivo is brimming with Italian sunshine.
His powerhouse of a red still packs a punch whilst retaining a velvety Italian elegance. It's gorgeously deep and dark and decadent, and so smooth it'll slip down far too quickly.
Thanks to Angel funding, it's a complete bargain. So you can afford to splash out on a big fat juicy steak to eat alongside it.
- The juicy, indulgent Montepulciano from undiscovered Italian winemaker Riccardo Iacobone bagged the most votes at every single tasting.
- With rich and intense blackberry flavours, a yummy chunk of chocolate and and a velvety smooth smoky lick, it’s no surprise that the voting box was overflowing with tokens.
- Riccardo could hardly believe it when we gave him the good news - thanks to the power of your votes, he’s bagged a game-changing order for his business.
Merlot is a challenge to grow in warm climates but having Angel backing helped Carmen to secure fruit from the right vineyards. By supporting local growers, the land is being preserved for generations to come and she can’t thank you enough!
- Grapes from 4 different vineyards went into this powerful, fruity red from your Winemaker of the Decade. Carmen carefully handpicked and hand-sorted all the fruit to make sure only the best quality berries ended up in the tank.
- Brimming with dark fruit flavours and aromas of ripe cherries, dark chocolate and toasted nuts, this beautifully balanced wine is perfect to drink now but can also be squirreled away for a good few years if you have the patience.
Cool nights on the slopes of Monte Agudo in southern Rioja meant Tom’s grapes could ripen nice and slowly to help bring about this fruity, juicy delight.
- It’s not only Tempranillo that has gone into his Flor de Luna though. Tom added in a smidge of Grenache to amp up the fruitiness (think red berries and fresh raspberries) as well as a drop of Viura for that elegant dash of pears and nectarines.
- If you like your Beaujolais reds and wines from the southern Rhone then pop this in your basket quick smart… it’s your chance to taste a traditional Rioja blend, made the traditional Rioja way.
- I often ride my mountain bike across our neighbour’s farm, and one vineyard has always intrigued me. After some investigation I learned that it was Pinotage. Pinotage isn’t my favourite grape, but being impressed with the beautiful berries, I asked to assist in the cellar during the making of the wine. It was love at first sight...
- The funding from Naked enabled me to get involved in the winemaking and also to secure this lovely wine, making it possible for me to afford production and packaging to send this lovely wine to you, Angels!
- The vineyards are situated on mid-altitude foothills in Stellenbosch, planted on clay soils, which makes the wine wonderfully opulent and rich. It’s silky soft, with delicious fruit driven flavours. Wild strawberries, generous raspberries, finished with a dollop of chocolate from the oak barrels.
- This wine is part of the so-called "Baby Super Tuscan" movement, a new generation of modern, generous and easy to drink wines...
- Tuscany is home to some of the best Syrah and Merlot grapes, and I'm excited to finally share them with Angels. A touch of Italy's signature Sangiovese adds extra complexity.
- Thanks to your support I selected the best vineyard for these grapes, and tended the vineyard in right way to bring out all of the delicious characteristics. The result is a wonderfully full bodied wine with grand fruit aromas and a spiced note at the end.
- My vineyards are from one of the richest and most beautiful parts of Portugal, due to the diversity of the grape varieties, types of soil and the unique climate - with gently sloping hills and the cooling breeze from the nearby Atlantic both key to producing quality grapes.
- I sampled the wine from over 300 of my best barrels before choosing the top 10 to create my 10 Barricas. This is a wine that has been made specifically for the Angels, to add a wine with more complexity and structure to the rest of my range.
- My 10 Barricas is a dark ruby colour and deliciously rich and smooth. It has intense dark and red berry flavours, with spices and oak from ageing in American, French and Portuguese barriques, and a lovely complex structure.
- Argentinians do two things really well... steak and Malbec. And when it’s a Malbec from the region famous for producing some of Argentina’s greatest, things get really interesting.
- Mauricio’s velvety smooth drop has everything you’d look for in the ultimate Malbec. It’s dripping with lush dark fruit, that famous lick of spice, and oodles of decadent, easy-drinking yumminess.
- A million miles from supermarket wine, you can taste the pride and passion of a master craftsman in every drop. Mauricio controls every step from pruning to pressing, fermenting, bottling and storage. And thanks to Angel backing, his wines get better every year. This vintage may be his best yet.