- Naked faves Joost and Miguela Villebois have found a pot of gold in the Loire Valley... to be more exact, pale gold Chardonnay!
- The Loire Valley is the new ‘cool climate’ hot spot for top class Chardonnay. For years it was used exclusively for sparkling Crémant de Loire, despite the amazing aromatic quality of the Chardonnay grapes in their own right. The Villebois decided to put this to the test...
- ...and they did not disappoint! This is a Chardonnay with all the impeccable Villebois style we've come to expect. An oh so elegant blend of peach and pear, with a crisp grapefruit zing to round it all off.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Jean-Marie has one simple rule when winemaking: less is more. He has kept his vines low in number but been sure to grow them organically and on the best stony soil in the region. Needless to say, the guy knows exactly what he's doing.
- Mâcon-Pierreclos, has an uplifting freshness and elegance characterized by sumptuously ripe and fruity flavours. So uplifting in fact that there's no need to cook up a storm to make this Chardonnay sing, just pop the cork and enjoy as is.
- A spun gold colour on the eye, with an equally golden roundness on the mouth - this is a definite show stopper not to be missed.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Charles and Ruth are the masters of giving grapes all the love and expertise they need to be elevated into super-stardom. This is pure, 100% unadulterated Roussanne that's been allowed to strut its stuff - and in a word, it's delicious.
- Rich and rounded, creamy and decadent, with a subtle kiss of the finest French oak money can buy. It'll slip over your taste buds beautifully with its savoury supple fruit, and slip down your throat very easily indeed...
- Usually, this grape would be hidden away in ultra-premium Chateauneuf-du-Pape. Thanks to YOUR funding, Charles can finally showcase just how good this grape can be - without the super-size price tag. Snap up a bottle and try it with crab ravioli for a meal that you'll really want to write home about.