- Finding fruit this great, and at a steal of a price is something as rare as hens' teeth. I had to snap up this small parcel of Sauvignon Blanc for you Angels.
- I have a great relationship with this grower and he has faith in what I am doing with Naked Wines. Therefore he has a long-term view regarding what is a good price for the grapes. Making this Sauvignon Blanc the best 'bang for buck' wine I've ever made.
- As the name suggests, this is a high altitude vineyard, at 185 metres above sea level. Cooler daytime temperatures during ripening and a consistent afternoon sea breeze give more aromatic fruit qualities. This wine evokes characters of passionfruit and lemongrass which really burst from the glass. It is built for immediate enjoyment.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Mike is a hugely successful winemaker, with more medals and trophies than you can shake a stick at. And when he came to us wanting to make a wine with his own name on it - we nearly snapped his hand off.
- This is New Zealand fruit heaven with a little Loire twist. Punchy, herbacious and packed with gooseberries and lime, all wrapped up with a soft, elegant finish.
- Too many NZ wines focus on style over substance, so imagine how excited we are to give you a wine that's chocka with both - at around half the price. Stunning.
- I'm really interested in showing Sauvignon Blanc from lesser known regions in New Zealand. Waipara's version is typically more understated with quite a different structure to the palate. It's like a cross between a Kiwi Sauvignon and a good Sancerre.
- Naked have been amazing in supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wines from small and often unknown regions. Thanks to them I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Angels.
- This one is a true Waipara style with stonefruits, golden kiwifruit and green plums. Luscious on the palate with plenty of ripe fruits, weighty mid palate and a satisfyingly fresh finish. I like to think of it as a Sauvignon with a difference!
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
- I have a great passion for the indigenus white varieties growing in Italy. The coast of Tuscany is famous in Italy for being the best places to grow Vermentino, and I wanted to show off this wonderful grape to the Angels in the UK.
- Naked Wines have given me the opportunity to find the best block grapes in a vineyard in the incredible landscape of Tuscany, right next to the sea.
- The wine is very crisp and mineral, with floral and almost salty notes due to the Vineyard's prime location. It's a complex wine with an unusual longevity for a white varietal.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- We asked Bill and Claudia Small one simple thing. Make us the best Sauvignon Blanc in Marlborough. This is the ninth vintage they have crafted exclusively for Angels and it's still an absolute cracker.
- Using your Angel funding, the Smalls have built close relationships with grape growers ‘in the bits of Marlborough they love’ to make this lovingly crafted SB from some of the best fruit going.
- It's classic New World SB. Delicious, ripe, grassy fruit, all gooseberry and kiwi, with an edge of lime, and is packed with enough zing to keep your mouth tingling for hours on end.
- With over 90% of Angels loving the previous vintages and voting with their feet to buy it again, Joost's Sauvignon is one of our most popular wines. So fill your boots folks because the 2018 is here, and it's a belter.
- It's French, it's French Sauvignon, it's French Sauvignon from the Loire. Yet it's cheaper than most of its New World counterparts, and that's thanks to YOU and thousands of other Angels.
- Its beauty lies in its explosive fruit. All gooseberries and crisp green apples, that are offset by a fabulous minerality.
- Grüner Veltliner is one of the most popular grapes in Hungary and one of my favourites! Naked Wines has given me the opportunity to introduce this fresh and fruity varietal from Hungary to you Angels in the UK.
- This Grüner Veltliner is typical of the variety - careful low temperature fermentation was used in the production of this wine to preserve the intense fruity flavours and nose.
- This is a mineral wine with notes of peach and green herbal aromas and slight white pepperiness. A great wine to sip with friends on its own or superb paired with vegetable based dishes, especially asparagus. Cheers!
Cecilia Simon, Winemaker
Savoie, in the heart of the French Alps, is home to Gilles and his family. They’ve been making top-notch wines there for over 7 generations.
- Gilles loves to champion native varieties and introduce people to grapes they may never even have heard of before. Cue the Jacquere! It’s deliciously gluggable, fresh, fruity and goes with just about any summer dishes you may have in mind.
- This is Gilles’ first wine for Angels and it’s safe to say he’s setting the bar high. So if you like a glass of fruity Pinot Gris then scoop this up straight away, you won’t be disappointed!
WE'RE NOT SURE
- More than just a label. When Joost says ‘prestige’ he means ‘prestige’. And boy oh boy does this delicious Loire Sauvignon deserve its name...
- Classic, refined and dry. This luxurious drop has all the sophistication and character of a Sancerre. Except it’s not. Because that would be illegal.
- Grab yourself a hunk of creamy goats cheese, some posh crackers, and go wild.
- Winemakers don't come much more talented and passionate than Carmen. She's weaved her magic on a premium, pure and pristine Sauvignon - and it's bloomin' gorgeous.
- Armed with your funding, Carmen was able to painstakingly pick the perfect grapes, and age them in the finest barrels in her winery – to make this spectacular Sauvignon.
- From the first slurp, lime and goosegogs smack you in the tongue. Close your eyes and you could be drinking Pouilly-Fumé or decadent Sancerre. Spot on with a big steaming bowl of creamy mussels.