- Like Sauvignon Blanc? Then you’ll love this. Ben selects exclusive parcels of grapes from a co-operative in the tiny village of Pinet, making a beautifully fresh, zippy white.
- 'Pic-de-What?' you say... Yes, it's got a funny name. And yes, it comes in a funny looking bottle. But that's exactly why it doesn't cost an awful lot more.
- His little-known wine won't be little-known forever so you really should get in now before everyone else does.
WE'RE NOT SURE
Thanks to your wonderful support over the years we are very happy to introduce you to Domaine de Brillemonts Touraine. Grapes from the unique Touraine Terroirs were picked at the perfect time to maximise all their aromas and flavours.
- The nose is intense and complex, full of citrus, peach and exotic fruits as well as delicate floral notes. The wine itself is smooth, fruity and boasts great minerality.
- It’s excellent to drink straight away but will keep easily for 2 to 3 years! Just make sure you don’t overchill it as that could harm all the delicate fruit flavours.
Joost and Miguela, Winemaker
The Rhône is one of the world’s most historic wine regions. Finding hidden talent there is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
In the wrong hands Côtes du Rhône can be watery and thin, but Denis’ Le Chene Noir was dark, deep, and bursting with fruit and spice. Made in a small human-scale co-op in the village of Cairanne in Southern France.
Thanks to Denis, the wine co-op now gives work to more than 60 local families, keeping the village afloat and the shops and schools open. It’s a real community effort, and the people are proud of the part they play in the wines.
- I have always loved the Macon Rouge, and I wanted to make a wine from this area in a lighter style of red that would compliment the rest of my range.
- The grapes I've used for my Gamay are hand picked from old vines growing on the slopes. I've used a technique called cold maceration to bring out the flavour of the grapes without extracting too much tannin.
- My Gamay is a modern fruit driven style, with ripe red fruits and aromas, with a certain minerality and light rounded tannins. It's a lighter fresh style of red that really lends itself to cheeses and cold meats.
- My family have been making wine from our family estate in the heart of Châteauneuf-du-Pape for generations.
- My Bois de la Garde is a smooth and elegant wine from the Southern Rhône. The vines are just across the road from the Châteauneuf du Pape designated appellation (same soil, just situated on the wrong side of the tracks as it were)!
- Thanks to Angel funding, we will be able to bottle a bigger volume of this wine, so that finally, more people will get to experience it. It's a real little Southern Rhône charmer, and I hope you enjoy it!
Frederic Maillet, Winemaker
- Having lived here for 20 years, I think Corbieres may be one of the most unspoilt areas of France. I wanted to make a wine that reflected the beauty yet wildness of this area. To show that with a little care and attention it was possible to come up with a superior style packed full of the fruit, wild herbs and individual character of the area.
- Angels voted in their masses for this wine during the Summer Tasting Tour to make my dream a reality. I thought I had something rather special but it is great to have the 'yes' vote from the Angels.
- I am a sucker for the traditional rustic Carignan grape and in this wine it is balanced perfectly with the graceful Syrah and fruity smooth Grenache. The fruit is dark and ripe with notes of wild herbs - rosemary, thyme, pepper and liquorice! The barrel ageing helps to soften the wine and control the wild rustic character.
- Nantes is best known as the birthplace of sci-fi legend Jules Verne, but thanks to Francois Lieubeau and his family.... now it's on the winemaking map too!
- Characterful, complex and decadently dry, it's a beautiful balancing act of subtle citrus lifts and fresh pears - all finished off with the sort of moreish minerality that'll leave you longing for one last sip.
- The label is based on one of Verne’s most famous stories. It even makes food pairing simple - grab yourself a bottle, and show it some love with the freshest seafood you can find!
- When Naked asked us if we could create a ‘Sparkling Shiraz’, we were delighted to rise to the challenge. Although it had to be a ‘Sparkling Syrah’ as its roots are firmly in France!
- We picked the grapes early so that the wine would be deliciously soft and fruity with a fabulous deep opaque colour. It's just bursting with delicious fresh red fruits.
- This is an extremely exclusive small batch production and possibly one of a kind, we know of no other southern French Sparkling Syrah. So if you're intrigued by the sound of a sparkling red, now's your time to grab a taste!
Charles & Ruth, Winemakers
Charles and Ruth love Merlot and they love a good Merlot even more. And this is just that. They took these hand selected top notch Merlot grapes from their sun drenched vineyards in Saint Rose and made another corking wine.
All that Southern French sunshine is what Merlot needs to make this stunningly full bodied, velvety drop just bursting with plummy fruit with a touch of chocolate.
This rich and fruity red is just right with any mediterranean-style food from antipasti to ratatouille with every shade of pasta in between.
- Here it is. The new vintage of Charles and Ruth's sparkling rose... and it's an absolute beauty. Pale pink bubbles with serious finesse, super-crisp and bursting with fresh strawberries... with a dollop of whipped cream to finish.
- These delicate pink bubbles of mouth-watering happiness are exclusive to you - and it's all thanks to your Angel funding.
- Posh looking, posh tasting, Rose Champagne style at Languedoc prices - you're on to a winner.