New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- If you like your wine packed with flavour, then the grapes you need to look for are of the slightly shriveled, sorrier-looking variety. They might not look postcard perfect, but we can tell you here and now that those are the ones you really want in your glass.
- The not-so-secret ingredient? The sun. Leave grapes to bask in it and you’ll turbocharge the taste. So when Stefano di Blasi, discovered some forgotten-about Chardonnay and Viognier grapes, shriveled by the scorching Sicilian sun, we got very excited indeed.
- It’s one of a kind. Elegant and refreshing, with mouthwateringly ripe, juicy flavours of melon and zingy Sicilian lemon -fabulously intense, it's the kind of wine that disappears quickly but you won't forget it in a hurry.
Tao Platon is a man on a mission to save many of Rioja Alavesa’s unique vineyards from being sold off, and he’s doing it by championing the authentic, high quality wines the region is famous for. The cooler climes, older vines and limestone soils in this most northerly part of Rioja produce fresh, gastronomic, age-worthy reds of fine wine quality like this Tempranillo.
The nose is so fine, showing fresh and complex berry aromas, herbal notes, hints of cedar and vanilla. A beautiful oakiness has integrated with the fruit to become its own thing. The palate is fresh, pure and satisfyingly dry, with great fruit intensity, a supple mouthfeel, chalky tannins and an elegant mineral finish. This isn’t your everyday Rioja, this is a fine wine.
- We’re really excited to have Tao on board, taking our Rioja range into world-class territory. He’s made wines all round the world, never stops learning, and he’s brought all that knowledge and experience back home to Spain where, as he says, “I want Angels to experience the beautifully elegant, fresh wines that can be made from the best old vineyards of Rioja Alavesa.”
- There's a small boutique winery in the back streets of Mendoza that’s gained a reputation for some of the most elegant, high-quality Malbecs in Argentina. As luck would have it, the owner happens to be our very own Marcelo Bocardo. It's also where he makes this top-notch Malbec. No wonder it's a medal-winner...
- Angels go wild for Marcelo's Malbec every time it hits the shelves. So he thought he'd help his Angels out by making you a 2.25L box wine of his bestselling red. This way you can stock up in one fell swoop - in this box you have 3 bottles worth of the good stuff. Now you can spend more time enjoying it and less time thinking about when you'll next be able to get your hands on it.
- It has heaps of charm, flavour and intensity. It has the volume, the purity of taste, the smoothness and elegance many other Malbecs just don’t have. Every mouthful is bursting with bright fruit and massive appeal. It's made with quality, quality grapes.
Cool nights on the slopes of Monte Agudo in southern Rioja meant Tom’s grapes could ripen nice and slowly to help bring about this fruity, juicy delight.
- It’s not only Tempranillo that has gone into his Flor de Luna though. Tom added in a smidge of Grenache to amp up the fruitiness (think red berries and fresh raspberries) as well as a drop of Viura for that elegant dash of pears and nectarines.
- If you like your Beaujolais reds and wines from the southern Rhone then pop this in your basket quick smart… it’s your chance to taste a traditional Rioja blend, made the traditional Rioja way.
- This is a big wine not to be taken lightly! A deep magenta in the glass with aromas of plum, dark berries, chocolate and raisins along with earthy hints and pepper, all combined to give layer upon layer of plush aromatic complexity. Be sure to decant to appreciate its full effect.
- The grapes for this wine are hand-grown and picked by Tait Hamilton from his vineyard in Heathcoate, on the border of the Mount Camel Ranges. Tait’s vineyard grows magnificent fruit, and it’s a pleasure to make wine from the best grapes.
- It’s pretty straight forward to make a good wine with fantastic fruit like this… but to show at its best it needs good (read expensive) new oak barrels. Bondholder funding helped me to buy the luxury oak which takes this wine to the next level. The funding is only part of the story, NW also links us to wonderful Angels which gives the wine a home.
- With a focus on finesse, elegance and complexity, Samuel is on a mission to show you the incredible quality of the Alsace region - particularly his rich Rieslings. And if there were a bottle to do it, then his bumper Grand Cru is top of the list.
- Every last grape in this Riesling comes from Samuel's "Schlossberg" plot. It has a very specific altitude and soil composition which makes for a super deep, strong and intense character that you simply won't find anywhere else.
- With a brilliant yellow colour, the nose is complex with notes of sweet spices and citrus fruits. It's followed by a full-bodied palette of ripe and vibrant yellow fruits. It packs a traditional Alsace bite of acidity on the finish, wrapping each sip up with a delightful freshness.
- Gerd's delicious dry Riesling has consistently been our top-rated Riesling for years.
- After his Pinot Noir blew our socks off in a blind-tasting, we thought it'd be rude not to take his Riesling too!
- Grab yourself a bottle and try it with a tasty Thai takeaway for a proper Friday night treat.
The best wines of the Cotes de Bordeaux often fly under the radar compared to those from more famous French regions. But if you know where to look, you can find magnificent parcels of top-quality nectar that easily stand up to the best wines from the 'big name' chateaus. This tip-off from our Bordeaux rebel Olivier Cazenave is a perfect example.
Rich and deep, yet mouthwateringly elegant. It’s from the historic Château des Mille Anges, a former convent turned winery where fine wines have been made for over 300 years.
Beautifully deep in colour, there’s a lovely, dark richness to the nose. Give it a swirl and decadent aromas of blackberry, cassis and damson jump out of the glass, with dried fruit and a lovely lick of oak too, and spicy notes of cedar and clove. This well-balanced flavour profile follows through on the palate, with lots of ripe, dark fruit and well-integrated tannins. Sunday lunch was practically invented for this wine…
- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - so this sensational wine is exclusive to you!
- BIG, full bodied and very concentrated. Tastes amazing now. But it'll be even more delicious if you can hold onto it for a few months (if you can resist it for that long).
- This is the flagship wine from one of our best-loved winemakers. But Katie only makes it in tiny quantities - so it won't be around for long.
Kobie and Faisal were always big fans of the famous white Burgundy ‘Montrachet’, but not of its uber-expensive price tag. So we challenged them to make a Montrachet-quality white – powerful, rich, with mind-boggling flavours – at South African prices. What they came up with was pure White Gold…
They’ve nailed the perfect balance of elegant crispness and ripe, lush flavours. It’s got a lovely nose of lemon curd, coconut and ripe pineapple - like a tropical fruit salad - that follows through on the palate with a nice hint of citrus and a soft, creamy texture. Utterly delicious.
With over a dozen vintages of this wine in their back pocket, Kobie & Faisal’s exquisite Chardonnay-Semillon blend has become a Naked classic and one of our all-time cult wines. Every time it lands there’s an almighty gold rush to secure a stash. So grab your lot while it’s here.