- This wine gives Sam the opportunity to incorporate new technologies and techniques in his winemaking to showcase wines from around the state of Victoria.
- The fruit for this wine was from the Gentle Annie vineyard, which Sam has been working with for over 20 years. This wine is full bodied and well balanced with luscious fruit flavours, think red fruits, blackcurrant, black pepper and spicy note from oak... deee-lish!
- Intense flavours, full bodied but a bit more restrained than your standard Aussie Shiraz... this is superbly stylish and beautifully balanced, you'll love it!
- Australia produces some of the most scrumptious Shiraz in the world... so when your golden boy Sam tipped us off about some top-notch grapes, we didn’t think twice about giving him the extra funding to snap 'em up.
- This is as full-flavoured as Shiraz gets. Bags of dark brambly fruit have been supercharged by all that lovely Aussie sun. Sam’s balanced the power-packed fruit with a peppery warmth, a creamy texture and a long jammy finish that just goes on forever.
- Smooth enough to drink on its own - or it’s perfect with a big bowl of spag bol or a bubbling lamb casserole. Yum.
WE'RE NOT SURE
- 2016 was such an exceptional year for reds at Sainte Rose, particularly the Rhone red varieties. We thought if any year we could make a super premium red it was this year! Whenever we do an exclusive wine in exceptional years we call it an Anniversary wine.
- We left the fruit longer on the vines for greater concentration, hand picked to select only the ripest and cleanest fruit, and used the gentlest of flavour extraction techniques. With the help of the Naked Angels we were also able to buy super high end French oak barrels in which to age this wine.
- Our anniversary blend is a statuesque, powerful and deeply flavoured wine with aromas of warm plums, blackberry and dried lavender. It's got bags of depth and concentration without the heaviness.
Charles & Ruth, Winemakers
American winemaker Stephen makes some of the New World's most sought after wines. Very unlike the over-done fruit bombs you've come to expect, this modern Shiraz is mega classy.
When we asked Stephen to make us a little side project, he jumped at the chance. He still gets to be his own boss and thanks to Angel funding you get his top-shelf talent at middle-shelf prices.
Ruby red in the glass, this delightful wine is full of mellow dark fruit, spicy black pepper and a smooth taste of smoky oaky warmth
- Insanely talented Daryl worked at the ultra-prestigious Penfolds for over 8 years, making some of the most collectable wines in Oz. Don't say we never treat you...
- A powerhouse of ripe 'n' ready dark fruit, with oodles of vibrant fresh berries. And the finish...? Boy oh boy! Hints of spice, a luscious lick of oak and a touch of dark chocolate make this wine complex, accessible - and effortlessly delicious.
- Daryl has won Winemaker of the Year over 10 times - and let's not even start on his medal collection. This is your chance to taste something truly spectacular for next to nothing. Get yourself a bottle - while you can - and devour it with Asian style sticky ribs off the barbie.
- Caroline learned her Syrah-thing from a stint at the legendary Rhone producer, Domaine Jean-Louis Chave
- This is small-batch, single-vineyard, hands-on winemaking from one of the Yarra's hottest talents. Angel funding has made the price a lot lower than it should be
- Top wine critics like Tim Atkin, Andrew Jefford and Fiona Beckett have all declared their love for Caroline's wines. Maybe it's time you should too
- Carmen is one of South Africa's finest winemakers, as one taste of her sumptuous Shiraz quickly illustrates.
- Carmen puts as much TLC into this £7.99 Shiraz as she does into her £20 wines. The grapes were carefully hand-picked through the night, to ensure they didn’t lose any of their deliciously concentrated flavours.
- You can taste Carmen’s care and attention in every sip of this big, fruity, spicy wine. It’s deep, dark, and brimming with rich, plummy fruit, with a kick of peppery spice on the finish that’ll leave you with a lovely warm glow.
- Syrah and Shiraz are planted in a multitude of different countries these days, however for me true Syrah can be found in the Northern Rhone. The idea behind The Cutler Syrah was to tip my hat to the Rhone style, whilst at the same time show the unique characteristics of Elgin and Elim in South Africa.
- I have made this wine from parcels usually reserved for more expensive wines. Luckily as I know the grower well, I have managed to secure them for a keen price so that the Angels can benefit from an excellent wine at a great price.
- Last year has been hailed as one of the best vintages of modern times, the grape bunches were the healthiest many farmers had ever seen! As the grapes have had a chance to fully ripen, you're left with a wine that has delicious red plum and black berry fruit, with black and white pepper and a crushed velvet texture that will drink well now and for a few years yet.
Richard Kershaw, Winemaker
- Angel funding has played a tremendous role in this wine. I was able to source top-end fruit from the best terroirs, slopes and growers.
- This enabled me to cast my sourcing net wide over the vineyard sites and regions of Durbanville and Stellenbosch - resulting in more complex, multidimensional wines for the Angels.
- The result is a Shiraz that stands out from the more traditional styles of Shiraz in South Africa. It shows the best of both regions without overpowering each other. A Shiraz style that is both prominent yet elegant.
- Thomas hand selects the very best Shiraz grapes from across the region so you are guaranteed a superb wine.
- Rich and velvety plum flavours with hints of dark berries, chocolate and a sprinkling of black pepper, this wine will rock your boat.
- This is the perfect pair with any grilled game, a rich mushroom sauce and steamed greens.