- We gave Mike a big budget to make the wine of his dreams. And as it turns out, it only takes a little bit more in cost, to get a WHOLE LOT more in taste.
- Mike picked seriously top-notch grapes from an elevated single vineyard site (for maximum finesse and flavour), aged the wine on its lees for 12 months (for extra richness and complexity), and released it when it tastes seriously spectacular. Which is um... right now!
- Think luscious exotic fruits, zingy lime, and a BIG dollop of Kiwi sunshine – it’s pure luxury in a glass.
- Rod downed tools at one of the best wineries in New Zealand to work for you. Why? To make you wines like this Pinot Noir.
- Martinborough is Pinot Noir paradise... perched on the bottom tip of New Zealand's North Island. The long warm days give the grapes flavour, and blustery sea breezes (nature's air conditioning) keep everything cool and fresh
- A delicious and punchy Pinot Noir with blackcurrant, black cherry, and some serious brooding Burgundian texture. Absolutely divine.
- The site for my Hawkes Bay Merlot Cabernet Franc has been exposed to a series of geological events in the last few thousand years including river gravel deposits and limestone wash - all adding to the complexity of the wine.
- The Naked model allowed me to get access to this highly prized vineyard and it also cuts out the middle people between vineyard and you. This means ultra-premium quality at great prices!
- I've used a hands-off approach in the cellar, maturing my wine with minimal intervention in fine French oak to create a wine that combines ripe plum, blackberry and dried thyme flavours with rounded fruit tannins. It's my homage to Right Bank Bordeaux such as Pomerol and Saint Emilion.
Rod Easthope, Winemaker
- Phil Handford only makes one wine, Pinot Noir. It’s his obsession. And he makes some of the best on the planet. Hand picked from his own Central Otago vineyard, then lovingly cuddled in expensive French oak.
- Forget pricey Burgundy. When the French get their chops round this soft, elegant, seriously classy Pinot Noir from down under, they’ll be quaking in their vineyards.
- Vibrant and savoury, with fresh raspberry and cherry flavours, this is a complex, top-shelf red with subtle herbal notes, sweet spice and a lovely lick of oak.
- Olly Masters has built a rep as one of New Zealand’s finest winemakers and wine judges. He's made jaw-dropping wines for the world-famous Ata Rangi and Misha's Vineyard.
- Olly’s secret for turning the world’s trickiest grape into liquid gold. He’s a genius. He’s got more degrees than a thermometer, and has spent 30 years making world-class kit in Hawke’s Bay, Burgundy, and Martinborough.
- This is as classy a drop of Pinot as you’ll get your gums round all year. Pure elegance in a glass. With juicy berries and damson plums, dark chocolate, liquorice and spice, and a long lingering finish.
- Waipara Pinot Noir can offer so much complexity and savoury elements whilst still showing a very real New world fruit aspect. I reckon Waipara is producing some of the top Pinot Noir to come out of the new world and I get a great buzz out of a being a part of it!
- Naked have been completely supporting my endeavours to produce interesting and delicious wine from a small and often unknown region. Through the incredible journey that was the crowd funding to help me get off the ground, their continual support and the total enthusiasm they have shown for my wines, I have been able to concentrate on picking, pressing, fermenting and blending these unique wines for Naked and the Angels.
- Dark ruby red in the glass the wine leads with abundant dark cherry, dried herb with a background of florals. Long, fresh and woven together with mineral tannins and French oak, this a wine that will equally age or enjoyed young. An array of ripe dark cherries, plum and berry fruits provides flesh and weight in the mouth - beautiful drinking and especially with a meal and some friends!
Dom Maxwell, Winemaker
WE'RE NOT SURE
- Thanks to your votes in The Crush, Bill & Claudia got the funding to fulfil their winemaking dream and start the Serious Sauvignon project... the tongue-in-cheek name for the exploration of complex, full-flavoured Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
- Marlborough is a young wine region so it means the rules haven't been written yet. Plenty of opportunity for Bill & Claudia to create some magic.
- Using the same grapes as the Theordore Reserve, this wine has undergone some premium oak ageing in top-notch barrels. Jeanie is smokey, complex and elegant without losing that fun and flair you expect from a Marlborough.