- I source the fruit for my Diamond Shiraz from the oldest vines I can get my hands on. They're nearly 40 years old and consistently produce concentrated flavours, good colour and a lovely fullness to the wines. I give it all the love and care in the world in the winery, fermenting each parcel of fruit separately before maturing in French and American oak barrels for 15 months.
- Shiraz is my all time favourite variety, and my Diamond range are the pick of the bunch.... so it goes without saying that I give my winemaking all to this wine to make sure it over delivers on flavour and richness - thank you Angels for giving me the freedom to make this for you!
- My Diamond Shiraz 2017 has a beautiful dark purple-red colour, with rich and powerful aromas of dark berries, toasty oak and warming spices. The flavours are equally rich, with round and generous dark fruit, long complex oak characters and a delicious lingering finish.
Jen Pfeiffer, Winemaker
- The grapes for my Diamond Cabernet Sauvignon come from the very best vineyards in Heathcote, Rutherglen and the King Valley. I make sure each grape receives the Rolls Royce treatment in the winery, where each parcel of fruit is handled separately, before maturing in top quality French oak barrels for 14 months.
- My Diamond Cab Sauv is probably my most popular wine, with last year's vintage selling out in record time. I really appreciate all your support, without Angels, I wouldn't be able to do what I love - making wines for you to enjoy!
- This is a big bold red wine. The colour is dark, deep and brooding. It's so powerful and elegant and full of those lovely Cab fruit characters, but such long, fine tannins on the finish - it has me reaching for another glass, and another!
Jen Pfeiffer, Winemaker
- I love drinking SGM and adore the challenge of blending these varieties to achieve a balanced, elegant, and perhaps most of all, intriguing wine.
- Angel votes and funding made it possible for me to source some exceptional parcels of Shiraz, Grenache and Mourvèdre from my old stomping ground in McLaren Vale.
- This is a beautifully silky SGM, with both fruit power yet so much elegance and restraint. Bright red fruits weave seamlessly with hints of spice, with a smooth texture that carries over the palate and has a long fresh finish.
Nina Stocker, Winemaker
This is a very special blend to Jen. Made from the best vineyards in Rutherglen and Northern Victoria. Combining intensley fruity Durif with rich and robust Shiraz. All made possible with funding from The Crush vote, and something that she probably won't have the opportuntiy to do again. This is a once in a lifetime wine!
She has pulled out all the stops in the winery for this beauty. Treated gently at first to encourage bright fruit and silky tannins, then given time in posh oak barrels to give plushness depsite it's power.
This wine is so deep, dark and intense that you simply can't see through it!! Buckets of plummy fruit and dark chocolate coupled with ripe berries and warm spice leave you gasping for more.
- I've sourced the grapes for this wine from a single patch of dry-grown Shiraz from the White Hut District of the Clare Valley. Once the grapes have been pressed I ferment part of the juice in oak and then mature for an extra 3 months to increase the complexity and depth of the wine.
- My Clare Valley Shiraz has wonderful hints of violet and white pepper, which combine with the cedar oak to give the wine length and persistense.
- The last vintage of my Clare Valley Shiraz was insanely popular over in Australia, and I'm excited to see how Angels in the UK enjoy it.
Adam Barton, Winemaker
- Rutherglen is regarded as Durif's home in Australia, as its warm and dry summer and autumn conditions make it the perfect place to grow Durif. My Diamond Durif is a blend from two different low-yielding vineyards in Rutherglen, on opposing sides of town (east and west). When it arrives at the winery 20% of one parcel finishes its fermentation in brand new oak barrels while the rest of the wine completes its ferment on skins, before everything is matured in French and American oak barrels for 18 months.
- My Diamond range are favourites with the Angels, and my Diamond Durif comes with a warning - this is a BIG red! Make sure you're sitting down for your first sip... it may just knock you off your feet :) I have only been making this variety for a few years, and I really love working with this Rutherglen beauty - you'll struggle to find a better Durif at this price!
- My Durif has an impenetrable, dark and inky purple colour. The aromas are full of black berries and blood plums, with dark chocolate and a hint of vanilla too. The flavours are just as big, bold and beautiful, with rich and ripe flavours and lots of tannin to give length and power on the finish.
Jen Pfeiffer, Winemaker
- I've used grapes from three different vineyards, including one elevated site in the Strathbogie Ranges, to make my Rebel Merlot. Each parcel was handled, fermented and matured in oak separately from the others, before finally blending and bottling.
- This is a special wine - I blended it with the Aussie Archangels! Along with the rest of my Rebel range this is a flavoursome wine with that typical Jen Pfeiffer "muscle" along with the softness and plushness that makes Merlot so appealing.
- My Rebel Merlot has a beautiful ruby red, purple colour, with ripe plum and cherry flavours with a touch of mint. It's rich, rounded and smooth with a finish that will keep you coming back for more!
Jen Pfeiffer - Winemaker
- My Rebel Shiraz is made with grapes from 4 different vineyards. The real trick is to wait for the full, ripe flavours to develop in the vineyard. After leaving the grapes to cold soak for a couple of days they're pressed and matured separately before blending into the final balanced wine.
- This wine sure packs a punch for it's price tag!!!! It has sooooo much flavour and depth, you won't believe you can pick this up for the Angel price! It's a wine for lovers of rich and full bodied reds, the flavours are full of ripe plum and berry fruit, with hints of chocolate and spice.
- A full, rich and deliciously smooth wine like this can handle a bit of heat from the kitchen... try it with Piri Piri chicken.
- Jen learned from the best. She hails from dessert wine Royalty... the Pfeiffer family are famous for their spectacular stickies!
- With ideal growing conditions and perfect fruit, Rutherglen is THE premium region for dessert wines.
- Sweet, syrupy, raisiny, yummy goodness in a glass. Best paired with strong cheeses, sweet treats and good company.
- I sourced the grapes for this wine from Clarendon, one of the highest vineyards in the McLaren Vale - a region that’s renowned for producing some of the best Shiraz to come out of Aus.
- My McLaren Vale Shiraz is a deep, dark rich wine, with mouth-wateringly intense flavours. A big burst of intense blackberry fruit bounces on your tongue, along with a sprinkle of white pepper and a hint of dark chocolate and nutmeg.
- If you like sumptuous, ripe and powerful wines then this is the one for you. It’s a wine I’m really looking forward to sharing with UK Angels - let me know what you think!
Adam Barton, Winemaker