Jose Vicente's Wines
Spanish winemaker who works 365 days of the year
- A top father and son winemaking team
- Their family have been in the wine industry since 1898!
- And their wines are stocked in restaurants throughout Spain (difficult to find in the UK though!)
Jose Vicente Domeco de Jarauta's Story
"Since generations my family has been dedicated to growing grapes and making wine. Over 100 years ago, in 1898, we were already present at the Universal Exhibition which was held in Barcelona.
I love the process and the reward of making good wines � and of course drinking them!
Some advice I would offer other winemakers -
- Care for the vineyard for 365 days of the year
- The day of harvesting has to be the optimum
- Throughout the process, taste all of the wines every day
- Once the wines have been made, continue to taste all of them every day!
- Put as much care into your winemaking as the care you display your children
A few Naked Truths about Jos� and his vineyard -
- Jose compares himself to a wine made from Tempranillo and Graciano � fruity, innovative and elegant!
- His favourite wine is a 2002 Vi�a del Pis�n
- He works very closely with his son (also called Jos�!), who's always there to offer him a second opinion
- They consider themselves quite a green set-up, gravity-fed filtration being one technique they employ
- And finally, when we asked Jos� senior where he would go if he could hop on a plane to any other wine region in the world, he told us that he'd like to journey into the future, to see what a Riojan vineyard in the year 2108 would be like!
Jose Vicente's Archangels
Archangels are our most interactive customers. They know our wines inside out and help us discover new wines for the site!